InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Do You Love Me? ❯ Confusion and Chaos ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Does anyone know a song by Jessica Simpson that's called `To Fall In Love Again'. It's really good.

I'm listening to it right now……… ^^

And I'm sorta annoying right now. Someone reviewed my story, SW, which you all probably didn't read, otherwise you would think I was the worst author in the world and would not read any of this `crap' I spout. That person was `kind' enough to let me know they stopped reading the story when that certain person read a line that they didn't like. It IS an Inu/Kag. All my stories are, no matter how twisted they sound. OK???

Jeesh. And you wonder why the hell I put such long author notes…….

Anyway, this has nothing to do with y `all, so ignore that lil' rant^^

(PS I ain't mad, just sorta annoyed that people don't read author notes. I, for one, find them extremely interesting. Of course, this is coming from the girl who likes to flick her friends off…………)

Enjoy~

~*~


Do You Love Me?

Chapter Ten

Confusion and Chaos

By: blue sakuras

As she slowly backed up, Sango reached a hand behind her, grasping for her Hiraikotsu. She then mentally cussed at her forgetfullness and instead drew her sword. "Inuyasha." She began slowly, addressing the hanyou in a gentle, soothing tone. She didn't want him, as a full-blooded demon with all logic gone except for `Kill', to be irritated by her. The Hebi girl was next to her, but without a fighting or defensive stance ready. Instead, she seemed to be studying him, with a finger on her chin, looking like she was in deep thought. She looked over carelessly at Sango a few moments later.

"What's wrong with him?"

Sango arched an eyebrow. Hadn't she come to kill him? She should know all about it shouldn't she? After all, their fame had spread all over Japan and countless demons had come onto their path, demanding a fight from the infamous hanyou.

"His demon blood has overpowered his mind. All he wants now is to spill blood." Sango shuddered involuntary. If what happened last time repeated itself, she wouldn't know what to do without Kagome here……..

^.~

Kagome opened her eyes slowly, and rubbed her eyes. It had been a rough night. First, Inuyasha's heart had stopped. Twice. And they had to get him going again. After that he was put into intensive care, but she was allowed to be with him, since they noticed how scary she could get, especially after they were going to conduct a biopsy. No way in hell they were messing with her. When she finally got around to a comfortable position in her chair, he had started talking. Or so it seemed. He seemed to be talking in a youkai language that she didn't understand. It was really frustrating.

Sesshoumaru dropped by, but only stayed for an hour. He watched Kagome almost the entire time, more so that Inuyasha. Kagome had noticed this out of the corner of her eye, while she was gently brushing Inuyasha's hair. When Sesshoumaru had finally left, he had muttered something about watching after Rin.

Kagome smiled at that memory. He really cared for her, and he was worried about her. Even though it was a bit overbearing most of the time. No wonder Rin wanted to run for it all the time.

As she rose to sit up from her seat, she noticed a blanket spread over her shoulders. Did a nurse put it there? And Kagome's heart nearly stopped when she glanced at the bed and saw that it was empty. Where was Inuyasha?

A flushing of the toilet answered her. She swiftly got up and reached the doorway of the bathroom right as the door swung open. And there stood Inuyasha, in all his glory, with a confused expression directed at Kagome.

^.~

A white blur suddenly pounced on Inuyasha, growling. This startled Sango, as she hadn't heard it coming up, but it didn't even faze Hebi. As the white blur leaped off of Inuyasha, it landed in front of Hebi, who didn't even blink. She looked down and crooked her finger. The fur stopped growling and obediantly trotted towards her. Sango noticed that it wasn't a big mass of fur, but indeed an enormous wolf, with white, long fur. "Aw……. Is that asshole here again? I didn't know he was assigned too." She sighed dramatically and nodded. "Alright, I'll be there. Will you take care of her for awhile? I need to take care of…………. that." And she flicked a finger disdainfully towards Inuyasha, who was growling deeply. The wolf quickly left, leaving only Sango's hair in her face to signal its departure. Turning to Sango, she sighed and smiled. "Could you take care of him for me?"

Sango nodded uncertainly. Hebi sighed again. It obviously wasn't the answer she wanted. "Fine. I'll do it."

Turning her back on Sango she took a position in which she looked like she was praying. Muttering things under her breath, she began to glow slightly blue. Hesitantly, Sango spoke. "What are you going to do?"

Hebi stopped her muttering, and turned to look at Sango. Her eyes were completely blue and glowing. "To stop this insane and unneccessary business that Urusu has left me." And with that said, a bolt of what looked like blue lightning came down from the skies and struck Inuyasha.

He keeled over immediately, face first into the hard dirt. Sango gasped and ran towards him, only to be stopped by Hebi. "You're coming with me." Sango looked positively livid.

"What makes you think I'll listen to you?" she glared accusingly at Hebi. Hebi responded by sighing, something she did a lot and was going to continue to do, and spoke.

"Because if you don't, Inuyasha and Kagome will both be dead by the end of this week."

^.~

Kagome rushed up to Inuyasha and hugged him fiercely, causing him to cough a bit. "Oww…….. Kagome. That hurts." He admonished softly as she let go, cheeks burning.

"A-are you alright?" she asked softly, not looking at him straight in the eyes.

Inuyasha grunted an answer that Kagome took for a yes. "Bu-but yesterday you were…….."

"I know."

"Do they know why?"

Inuyasha snorted. "Not a thing."

Kagome tried again. "Do you know why?" When Inuyasha shot her a glare, she knew that she had gone too far.

"No. No fuckin' idea. Sesshoumaru was here?" he asked.

When Kagome nodded, he scoffed. "So he doesn't know either."

Kagome looked confused. "Why would he know anything?"

Inuyasha only responded by tapping his nose and walking towards his bed. "Get out." Kagome was miffed.

"Why?" she asked, a bit hurt and angry that he would treat her like that after she had stayed the whole night.

"Fine. Your choice." And he proceeded to take his gown off, giving Kagome a good look at the hanyou's backside. Kagome's eyes widened to the size that they barely fit on her face. Spinning around quickly, she grabbed a pillow off of the the bed and chucked it in Inuyasha's general direction.

"Ow. What the hell was that for bitch?" he yelled. Kagome's back stiffened.


"What do you mean what that was for?" she yelled, matching her tone to Inuyasha's. "You're stripping in front of me!"

"I, for one, would prefer to keep that part to imagination." Sesshoumaru remarked dryly, standing in the doorway, watching the `happy-go-lucky' couple.

"Sesshoumaru!" Inuyasha grumbled as he pulled a shirt over his head. Turns out, he had already put on jeans, but was just standing there, waiting for Kagome to think he was done and blush again. She looked adorable like that.

"You idiots." Kagome muttered as she stalked out of the room. Inuyasha's smirk dropped instantly. "Where are you goin - "

"To call my mother." Kagome stopped at the doorway. "I was gone the whole day and night. What would she think?" and she turned right, leaving Inuyasha in the room, rather ashamed, but too proud to admit it, and a brother who was getting more and more stress. He would have gotten a head full of white hair by now if it weren't for the fact that he had silver hair. Therefore, it wasn't noticeable if he did have some.

Inuyasha watched his brother, extremely amused. The expressions on his brother's face were changing every other second and they were all strange. "Uh. Sesshy?" Rin asked from behind him, standing there unnoticed the whole time.

Sesshoumaru snapped out of his daze and gave a piercing stare to the one that had interrupted his thoughts, only to soften his eyes. "Yes?"

Rin tried not to giggle. "You're scary." And she quickly walked over to Inuyasha, and pulled at him. "You're going to see where Kagome is with me!" she exclaimed. "Because I HATE hospitals."

Sesshoumaru mentally sighed. "We've been through this Rin. That was a long time ago. Let it go."


Rin glared stubbornly. "You told me we were going to the park! I got a shot! Do you know how much they hurt?"

"No. I only know how much your shrieking hurts." With a hmph, Rin stalked out of the room, in the same manner as Kagome, and dragged Inuyasha with him.

"He's taking care of everything." Was Rin's answer to his unasked question as they left the room and stalked to the left.

"Um……. Rin?" Inuyasha asked, knowing that it wasn't a good time to bother her.

"Shut up."

"We're heading in the wrong direction."

"Oh shit!"

^.~

Inuyasha didn't know how long he had lain there, but all he knew that was when he awoke, everything was destroyed.

Sango, Shippou, Kirara, Miroku. They were all gone. Had he killed them?


No, it couldn't have been. He reached a hand up and felt bandages wound aross his chest. No, someone had been here to take care of him.

Carefully standing up, he wobbled against a tree. Noting that his Tetsusaiga was gone, Inuyasha knew that he had lost control.

Again.

The last time he had lost control ended badly. Oh so very badly.

There was so much blood shed. So many innocent lives lost. Just because he lost control.

He had always been sure to keep Tetsusaiga with him. Ever since the incident, he had been even more careful. What could have happened?

Then it hit him.

Sumi.

Rubbing his neck in frustration, he felt bare. Naked. What was different about him?

What did she do?

And more importantly, why the hell had she known so much about him and -

Shit. He knew what was different now.

She had taken the prayer beads.

^.~

"Where are we?" Sango whispered to Hebi, aware that she was to not make any noise.

"Where Sumi is." She replied in an emotionless tone.

"Why?"

"Because she can't fuckin take care of herself!" Hebi spat. Sango silenced at once, seeing it was a touchy subject for her.

After a few moments of walking, Hebi suddenly stopped. "It's her old boyfriend. Here's a summary." She said sarcastically. "She falls for him, he dupes her, she gets pissy, and he wants her back. Problem is, she doesn't want to be with him anymore. She doesn't forgive. She gives her trust to everyone she meets, but if you every break it, don't expect her to be good. That's why her name is `Urusu'. Her father wanted her to be a soft, gentle girl." Sango scoffed at the remark. Sumi was anything but a girly girl. That was why she and Sango had been such good friends. Feminine, but just tough enough.

"Oh. And when was this?" Sango asked.

"Hm………. You couldn't have known Sumi when she was with him." Hebi replied, knowing what Sango wanted to know and implied it into her answer.

"How do you know? I've know Sumi since I was a kid!" Sango shot back. Hebi replied by arching an eyebrow skeptically.

"Oh really? Has she changed? Physically? Mentally?" Sango shifted.

"No. She's a youkai." Hebi scoffed.

"I wish she was. It would explain those mood swings. Kid, Sumi's about a couple thousand years old."

^.~

Kagome sat by the chair, staring at the white wall. She was MAD. Why was Inuyasha acting so……….. not Inuyasha?

Unless it was Naraku in disguise. Kagome practically laughed out loud.

It was pretty much impossible for Naraku to act like Inuyasha. He had too many mood swings.

Hearing a piercing scream echo through the corrider, Kagome's instincts told her to go investigate.

Running like a mad(wo)man, she reached where a crowd had gathered. Shoving her way to the middle, Kagome saw something that took her breath away.

There, in the middle, was Inuyasha, craddling Rin, who had fainted. That wasn't the problem. The problem was Rin was chalk white and a pool of blood had gathered at her feet………….

~*~

AN: Flames, that I am asking for? >.< I'm going to get at least one. But all my nice little reviewers have been good so far. I felt like writing something angtsy, but I didn't want to end the story yet.

And about Sango and Miroku. Hasn't anyone noticed the lack of the forementioned characters?

Well, they'll be in the next chapter or so.

But then agan, I'm famous for lying^^

I have a question for those who read this story.

Would you read a sequel to this story? It won't be very long, probably five to seven chapters. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.

Hmph.

Oh and tell me your favorite line! (new and recent beg from authoress)

Aren't y'all glad I'm updating so much?

I just seem to have gotten REALLY into this story……..

>.<

ta ta~