InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Do You Love Me? ❯ Models, Mistakes, and Maverick ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I'm still in denial at how many reviews I got…………

O.o

I like drawing clothes…… since I'm not any good at drawing people, but I'm working on it…… So better get ready for a change in some wardrobe changes for the cast……… maybe.

Oh! And a note. `Urusu' means `forgiveness' or something along those lines. The irony of that is that my ACTUAL friend Sumi helped me on that. She told me it wasn't a name though. Who cares? I'm gonna name my son Maverick in the future. It means something. I just can't remember it right now………….

By the way, I thought this might interest someone. But did anyone know that my friend Sumi has no idea that she's in my fanfic? Or that I write fanfic?

Actually, none of my friends know. They just know that I spend too much of a hella time in front of the screen……….

And my sister is sworn to secrey, because if she tells, I'm gonna scatter pictures of her drawings all over the school. ^^

You just gotta love my self-eestem!

Oh and that part where Inuyasha got mad and demanded why Sumi smelt like something? Kagome's uniform. And it had Kagome's scent on it………… y'anno? (explained sooner or later in ficcy…….)

~*~

Do You Love Me?

Chapter Nine

Models, Mistakes, and Maverick

By: blue sakuras

Inuyasha slowly sat up, the pain in his head throbbing. Groggily, he leaned against the wall for support, and tried to get up instantly. A bad idea.

A second after he was fully standing on his legs, which were is complete and utter agony, Inuyasha let go of the wall. His body suddenly gave way as his weight became too much for his weak body.

"I'm gonna kill that bitch." He rasped to no one in particular as he lay there, unmoving on the hard wooden floor.

"Oh? And who might that be?" a voice replied from the corner. "It wouldn't happen to be Urusu would it?" it mocked him, and Inuyasha was getting strangely disturbed, since he couldn't smell the person talking to him.

Even more disturbing was the fact that Inuyasha couldn't tell whether it was a male or female.

And who the hell was this `Urusu' person anyway?

"W-who the fuck are you?" Inuyasha barked weakly into the pitch-blackness of the hut. Leave it to that bitch to render him helpless when he needed his hanyou abilities the most.

"Well, I guess you could call me Death." The voice said. Its voice was strangely soothing to Inuyasha's ears.

"Answer me you asshole!" he spat back, but fear crept into his heart.

What if he was dying?

What if it wasn't a ruse?

How would he tell her?

How would he tell Kagome?

How would he explain?

How would he tell her that he was an insensitive bastard?

How?

How?

"I'm just screwing with ya." Inuyasha's ears perked up at the last word. It was sorta of how Sumi talked…….

"Sumi! BITCH! That better not be you! I'll fucking tear you apart!" This only caused the voice in the corner to giggle.

Okay, that was just creepy.

Inuyasha hissed in pain as he tried to quietly get out by crawling. It wasn't going very well. Inuyasha felt another jolt of pain as he put weight onto his right knee.

"Fuck….." The mystery person in the corner had apparently taken to moving and blocking Inuyasha way. "Get out of my way bitch." He growled, reaching out an arm to grab one of the legs that was in his way. Whoever was standing in front of Inuyasha, nimbly moved their leg out of grasp and reached down to slam something into the wood right next to Inuyasha.

Squinting, he placed a hand gingerly on the object, to find that it was a dagger of sorts. Grunting slightly, he pulled it out of the wood. What surprised him was how deep it was into the wood and how close it had been to his hand. If this was Sumi, he knew to never get on her bad side.

"Get out of my way!" Inuyasha growled again, trying to keep the nervousness out of his voice. He gripped the dagger tighter, noting the exquitisite designs on the handle. The dagger would have to do, since he didn't seem to feel Tetsusaiga on his hipbone. Damn that woman, taking his Tetsusaiga. Didn't she fuckin' know that he needed that to keep himself sane? Literally?

Sumi was going to die. "I can't believe that you aren't paying attention to me!" the voice in front of him whined. "You insensitive asshole!"

That scared Inuyasha. Either the person talking to him was a girl, which would most likely be that bitch Sumi, or it was a gay guy. Inuyasha really really hoped that it was the first one.

The person suddenly moved forward, pulling Inuyasha up roughly and dragged him towards the center of the room. Inuyasha, stunned for a second, began struggling and trying to stab aimlessly at the person.

"Hey………… whadda you doing wit' this? Naughty naughty………." The person dumped Inuyasha rather unceramoniously onto the ground and plucked the dagger from his hand.

"Hey!" was the indignat shout that Inuyasha gave him.


"Now………" the person light a fire. Standing in the range of the dim light the fire gave, Inuyasha could see the person he was `talking' to very clearly.

It was a girl. She was standing fully dressed, with a rather odd outfit.

She was wearing what appeared to be a white halter with a long flowing blue skirt, which had a sash tied on the waist. It had a slit going up her leg on the left, just as Sumi's had. She was also wearing a necklace similar to Sumi's and her hair was held back with a blue headband, the same color of her skirt.

And she was holding daggers between each of her fingers. She smiled slyly at the bewildered Inuyasha.

"Now, where is Urusu?"

^.~

Kagome glanced around the room and immediately located a pink chair that looked particularily comfy.

As Inuyasha stepped through the door, he quickly spun around to throw a grin at the screaming girls' outside and shut the door, quickly and loudly. Kagome watched amused in the pink chair that was EXTREMELY comfortable. Real nice and cushiony.

"So……….." Inuyasha began after turning around, quietly noting how sunk into the chair Kagome was. He made a mental note to pull her out of that one if she sank too into it.

Kagome sighed. She was physically relaxed. The chair she was relaxing in was the most comfortable one in the world. Leaning her head back, she let Inuyasha continue his sentence. Or at least try to.

"What are you doing?" Inuyasha asked, curiousity overflowing in his voice.

Kagome sighed and opened her eyes. "What?" she asked lazyly. She eyed him carefully, since he was watching her a bit too closely.

"Oh, what?" Kagome snapped after a few more minutes of intense and awkward silence. Inuyasha was still staring at her, openly without a care in the world.

"Why the hell are you so mad?" Inuyasha grumbled after accessing her question. "You're being a real bitch." This wasn't the right thing to say to Kagome right at the moment.

"Me?" she shot back, "Me? I'm not some hot-shot model with girls clambering all over me!" she grumbled and grabbed a magazine off of the table to her right. Flipping through it, she suddenly threw it at the wall adjacent to her. Inuyasha had started staring at her again, but this time, confusion and shock was written all over his face. He quickly glanced at the magazing on the floor. It had a blown up picture of his face on it. Figures. Then suddenly, a shot of pain went throughout his entire body, but his chest was on fire!

"K-kagome." He choked out before falling to the ground. Kagome instantly jumped up and ran to him side, rolling him right side up. There was a trickle of blood running down the corner of his mouth.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome cried out in alarm. "Where's your cell phone?" she began patting Inuyasha's jacket for the phone.

"T-the left pocket." He pointed, all the while laying in Kagome's lap, more and more blood trickling down his mouth………

^.~

Inuyasha reached a hand up and wiped off all the blood that had started to trickle out. "Y-you bitch." He heaved, and collasped to the floor, with the girl standing in front of him with another handful of small daggers. Her face held an unwelcoming sneer while her other hand was empty, but the four daggers that were once in her left hand were now all digging into Inuyasha's chest………

^.~

Sango sat sullenly by the fire, watching the flames dance and jump. Hearing a rustle in the greenery behind her, Sango immediately stiffened and Kirara began to growl. Her hand quickly grasped a pebble and she turned, chucking it into the buses with great aim.

What startled Sango was the noise the moving `thing' in the bushes gave as an answer to being hit with a stone.

"Ow…………. You aren't even bathing right now!" Miroku popped out of the bushes, rubbing his head. Sesshoumaru was a second behind him.

"Where have you two been?" Sango shouted, quickly grabbing Hiraikotsu, which had been laid carefully beside her moments before.

"Well, I was……….. running."

"I was chasing."

Sango looked confused, "What?"

Miroku sighed and flushed bright red. "Not a pleasant memory Sango, so if we could ju - " and was cut off by his wife, who was now looking earnestly at Sesshoumaru.

"What happened?"

Sesshoumaru brought a hand up and rubbed his forehead. Those pitiful humans were going to kill him. "He ran by and groped me."

Sango stared and began giggling. Miroku and Sesshoumaru stared in fascination at how a person could giggle and not breathe for such a long time.

After what seemed like an eternity, Sango calmed down and began panicking. "Did you happen to see Sumi when you were running around?"

Miroku frowned as he thought. "No, why? Is she missing?" Sango, in return, gave him a very frightened look. She knew what Sumi was capable of. She knew how much power Sumi had. She knew that Inuyasha' prayer beads were gone and Sumi had a purpose for them.

"Because, I'm afraid of what she will do. We need to find her!" Sango ordered the two men, her face appearing calm and collected. But those two knew better. Inside, she was being eaten with worry.

"Alright. I'll go and question villagers with Kirara."

"And I shall go." Both men left, leaving Sango alone again, to stare at the dancing flames.

"What happned?" a groggy voice pipped up from a bundle of cloths close to Sango. Sango smiled gently and reached over, pulling Shippou out. Cradling him, she whispered into his ear.

"It's all okay. Miroku and Sesshoumaru just need to do something."

"Ok………." And Shippou promptly fell back asleep. Sango watched with a motherly pride. She was also envious that he could sleep after all that was happening.

Deciding that it was time enough that Inuyasha would be awake and pissed, Sango gathered her things and started walking back, Hiraikotsu in one hand and Shippou in the other.

Nearing the hut, Sango noticed something odd about the hut. There was serious damage done to the walls and there was smoke rising from it. Sumi had informed her that Inuyasha would be incredibly weak, and very close to death.

Worry on her mind, she gently laid Shippou on the ground, sure to cover him securely with a blanket and set him in a tangle of tree roots. She then sprinted towards the hut, tearing off her loose fitting clothes to reveal her black sleek catsuit.

Raising Hiraikotsu, she threw, splintering the upper half of what was Kaede's hut. She ran forward, raising her arm to catch Hiraikotsu.

What Sango saw caused her heart to cry out in pain. Inuyasha was lying on the ground, looking dead as Sumi had described. But what she had assured Sango was that he would only FEEL that way, not actually bleed. Zoning in on the girl that was standing square in front of Inuyasha, Sango noted the kunai (I think that's what those little' dagger things are called) in her left hand. She noted the other hand was empty and looked over at Inuyasha to see where they were.

She let out a cry of outrage and swung her Hiraikotsu hard, but not letting go. The woman that was in the destroyed hut leaped out amazingly high and landed on a tree branch, close to where Sango was. Sango turned, making sure to keep her back guarded, and wishing that she wouldn't notice Shippou, who was under the tree that the woman was standing atop of.

"Ah………." The woman remarked as she jumped off, landing gracefully on all fours and getting up, inches away from Sango. She reached a hand out as if to touch her face, but Sango, who forsaw it coming, flinched and brought Hiraikotsu inbetween them.

"Who are you?" she asked through clenched teeth. This seemed to further the amused look on the woman's face.

"You must be the demon slayer." She accessed, not answering Sango's question. "I'm Hebi!" she added gaily, apparently not aware of the fighting stance that Sango was taking.

Sango glared steadily, but her eyes showed confusion. Who wouldn't be? After being almost completely positive that this `Hebi' girl was the one that hurt Inuyasha, why was she being friendly with Sango? And why the hell was her name Hebi? (it means snake in japanese………)

Sango, who at this precise moment, remembered Inuyasha, turned and ran over to where Inuyasha lay.

Kneeling down, she noted the four daggers stuck deep into his chest. Every breath he took seemed to be a battle, and his eyes were closed. Blood was leaking out of the corners of his mouth. Gently, Sango touched one of the daggers slightly and was rewarded with a violent reaction from Inuyasha.

"Fuck!" he choked out, while opening his eyes halfway and looking at Sango. "D-do it."

Nodding, Sango shakingly reached her hand out for the same dagger, and grasped it, noting Inuyasha's clenched jaw, and pulled. Inuyasha's eyes flooded red for a second before he regained control. She continued to do the other three, and by the time the last one was done, Inuyasha's eyes were still glowing a red haze.

Sango, who knew that he would die if he was left untreated, continued with her situation, trying to ignore the deep growling that Inuyasha was giving her.

But Sango forgot one thing. She forgot that the enemy was still near.

And she had also forgotten…………………..

Inuyasha's eyes were still red.

^.~

Kagome sat there, patiently waiting. She was wringing her hands, which was the only physical sign of stress that she showed. But inside was a full blown battle.

Should she go in?

Should she wait here?

Should she call her mother?


Should she stay with him?

Should she go home?

Should she?

Sighing out of frustration and worry, Kagome looked up as a nurse tapped her on the shoulder.

"Miss, were you accompaning Mr. Taiyoukai?" she asked gently. When Kagome nodded, she spoke again. "Then please follow me."

Kagome bit her bottom lip and decided to go with the nurse. It's not like five more minutes would hurt, and her mother probably thought she was back in Sengoku Jidai(Inuyasha's time in other words). The nurse set a face pace, leaving Kagome rather behind. As she ran to catch up with the nurse, it reminded her of the times that she had run towards Inuyasha, positive he was hurt, and wanted to help heal him. This wasn't unlike the other times, she thought ironicly, but it's the first and probably only time in modern daytime, here.

Upon entering the room and getting a look at Inuyasha, all of Kagome's thoughts vanished except for one.

"My God." She whispered, as she rushed to the edge of the bed. He looked completely beaten. As she got a closer look at Inuyasha, she noticed that he looked alright, compared to the other more fatal wounds he had experienced in the past. But what troubled her was the color of his skin. It was tinged blue.

"What's wrong with him?" Kagome asked as she turned around to face the nurse. She didn't move an inch away from the bed though.

"W-well, we're aren't sure. All we know is that there are some really bad internal damages and some sort of poison in his body. We are still determining what the toxin is. How did he get like this?" the nurse asked, curiousity getting the better of her. She wanted to know of course, why in the world that one of Japan's hottest men was laying in bed right now in a comatose state. "He's is a coma, so you won't be able to talk to him." She added.

Kagome had already turned her back on the nurse, and had pulled a chair to sit on while she held his hand, and speaking into his ear. The nurse quietly slipped out of the room, giving her some privacy.

She sat there, clasping his limp hand in hers, wishing that there was some way that she could help him get up and call her a bitch. Anything to get back the irritatable, snappy Inuyasha. Unknown to her, tears started slipping down her face, until they became like a waterfall………………

^.~

Sumi whistled gaily as she began the fire. It was SO nice to have a relaxing moment, away from that Inuyasha. He reminded her too much of Sesshoumaru. A scowl graced her face as she thought of the heartless bastard.

"Or not so heartless ne? He had to girl with him last time. Rin it was." She nodded towards a big white wolf that was lazing about the fire next to her. It emitted a deep contented growl as she began to rub its ears. "I should try that with Inuyasha the next time I see him, they're so cute!"

"I hope they aren't as cute as mine." A shadow remarked from behind. He stepped out into the light to let Sumi see. It was a man, with black hair and a band that went around his head. He was wearing a black vest with white dragons sewn onto its two sides and a pair of what looked a lot like black leather pants. He held an enormous ax-like weapon over his head and behind him, with both hands. He sent a grin her way. Sumi's reply was a sharp intake of breath. She glowered as she stood up.

"Maverick. What the hell are you doing here?" she asked as her voice cracked, and tears began sliding down her face.

They stared for what seemed like an eternity, locking gazes. Beside them, the white wolf's lips curled into a growl and slowly slinked away into the shadows.

The fire slowly burnt itself out.

~*~

AN:

O.o

Is it me or is this developing another plot? I really hope it's just me……..

Anyway, this fic has about five or six chapters to go. But I may be lieing again. >.<

I want to know something. If I did a sequel to this story, would y'all read it?

Because I find it rather pointless to do a story where no one reads it……..

Review y'all!

And if you didn't get why I named the chapter this title……….. I'll explain it next an.

Since this one is already long enough.

And Kudos to anyone who knows what `maverick' means. It's an actual word. I've always thought it was a name……… so I'm using it like that.

>.<

Yeah, I'm that ignorant.

And I hope y'all aren't getting mad for me adding so many…….. what are they called again? Mary-Sue characters? Oh well, they are there for the purpose of a couple things and only those things. No romance between them and other REAL characters of Inuyasha.

Maybe fighting, but yeah. I rather like my charaters and I develop them a LOT. So don't expect them to make much sense, since they ARE modelled after people I know. But they don't go around carrying weapons and trying to kill people……….. -.-; Although some wish they could.

Ta ta~