InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Do You Love Me? ❯ Pick Your Battles ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: All there is to be said, will not be said. Just enjoy!!!

~*~

Do You Love Me?

Chapter Eight

Pick Your Battles

By: blue sakuras

"I can't believe you!" Inuyasha snarled at Kagome as he wove in and out of traffic. Kagome was clutching the armrests like a mad woman and making whimpering noises.

Finally, after three more terrifying red light speed throughs, Kagome literally jumped out of the car. "ARE YOU INSANE?" she screamed as soon as Inuyasha got out lazyly, tossing his hair back, and grinning like a maniac.

"What?" he asked casually, leaning against the Jaguar with a complete aura of calm composure. "What's wrong?"

"You- You!" Kagome spluttered, too angry to think of anything else to say.

"Yeeeeah?" he asked, shaking his head slowly, as if to say he was sorry she was so incapacitated at the moment.

Kagome finally caught onto a logical train of thought. "What do you mean, I'm risking my life driving without a license? You obviously have one, you're old enough! And you drive like a maniac!" she shouted at him, alerting the interest of several passer-byers.

"Sh……. Kagome. People are staring." He hissed, his calm composure gone.

"Why? I thought you LIKED the attention." Kagome snarled back, a bit miffed that he would call her a mere CHILD because she was too young to get a license.

"No, it's not tha - " and was cut off instantly by high-pitched squeals. Kagome winced, as well as Inuyasha.

Severl girls came stampeding up to the obviously in-pain man and jumped up and down, much to the delight of the old men sitting in front of the café.

"Perverts." Kagome muttered, noticing the dirty old men out of the side of her her eyes. She turned her attention back to Inuyasha, who was now swarmed with girls, and signing autographs. Kagome narrowed her eyes. There was something wrong with this picture…….

Then it all became clear when she turned around in frustration. There, in front of her was the answer. On a advertisement board, in black bold letters, were the letters `INUYASHA, THE HOTTEST MAN OF THE CENTURY' posting up on that board, accompanied with a flattering picture of Inuyasha relaxing with a smirk in a chair.

Dear god, he was a model.

^.~

Sesshoumaru sat there, waiting forever for the two women to return so that Rin would stop focusing on his nails, err claws.

"Ya miss me?" Sumi exclaimed cheerily as she strode into the hut with an air of authority. She quickly walked over to Rin and patted her on the head, complimenting her on the `nice, even coloring'. Oh gods, she was encouraging her.

Not good.

Especially when he was the one getting……. What did Kagome call it? Oh yeah. A manurecare.

Why the hell it was called that, he didn't know. And he didn't feel like knowing either.

Inuyasha and Miroku smirked, having long been rid of Rin's attacks. Sesshoumaru had not been so lucky. His hair was still in a braid, that wasn't so bad. The bad thing was Rin was painting his nails HOT PINK with this `nail polish' Kagome had given to her awhile back.

Inuyasha stopped smirking long enough to sniff in the air and growl. He then directed a glare towards Sumi, who upon hearing the sniff, had looked up.

"Why do you smell of her?" he asked her. Sesshoumaru heard the menace in his voice and quickly ridded of Rin and her polish.

"What smell? I don't smell anything." Sumi replied, frowning and sniffing her clothes. Sesshoumaru silently left, noticing that Sango and Miroku's eyes followed his back. He heard Rin shuffling in the room, gathering her toys. He stood by the door for a moment before the girl popped out and started following him.

Back inside the hut, things were not getting much better.

"Why do you smell?" Inuyasha growled again. This started to irritate her. She sulked.

"I do not smell, thankyouverymuch. Your nose is funny." She wrinkled her own nose and stuck her tongue out at Inuyasha. Apparently it wasn't as amusing to him as it was to Sango.

Miroku, remembering what his wife had told him when she left the hut earlier, seemed to think it was her `womanly issues' and turned green once more. He quickly left.

Sango stared at the flap of the hut in confusion, and quickly turned her attention back to the fight. She knew when Sumi fought, she really got aggressive. Better to keep an eye out.

Whilst Shippou without a care in the world, scribbled away with his crayons, while the fight between Sumi and Inuyasha got much much worse.

^.~

Miroku, who happened to break out into a run when he left the hut, ran right past Sesshoumaru and Rin.

Sesshoumaru stopped for a moment to access what the hell Miroku just did.

Then he began chasing the monk.

After a second, Sesshoumaru had gotten ahold of the said monk and was shaking him furiously. "DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN." He growled murderously at Miroku.

He then put Miroku down.

"What did I do?" Miroku asked, confused at why the youkai lord had attacked him with such an usual punishment.

Sesshoumaru seemed to have problems getting the words out, but in the end he spoke.

"You. Groped. Me."

^.~

Somehow, the fight between Inuyasha and Sumi had ended up with full blown insults towards each other and their emotions.

"Just because you rejected her is such a stupid reason to act like this." She stated, her voice full of irritation. "What an idiot. She's more hurt than you are, putting herself like that in front of such an emotionless bastard." She sighed. "I think you need a lesson or two on hurt." Her voice was menacing. Her eyes flashed, and she licked her lips in anticipation of the insult Inuyasha would hurtle back at her.

Sango stared in disbelief. Despite all those things Sumi had told her, she liked it. Sumi liked it. She liked to provoke. She liked to fight. She liked………. Her job. Her job was cleaning up messes, regardless of how she did it.

She was good at that. Just as Miroku had predicted, Inuyasha snapped back at her insult.

"Don't fuckin' lecture me on hurt!" he yelled at her, voice filled with anger. "I'm a fuckin' hanyou! A freak! I've been taunted all my life, singled out by others, and mocked!" he barked, his face twisted in an unreadable emotion. "You know nothing about hurt." This struck a nerve with Sumi. She hadn't expected this. She was thinking more along the lines of `fight me you bitch', not a summary, a telltale summary of his lost childhood.

"Tell me something." Sumi said, her voice raspy and filled with such emotion, and her face hidden by her long, draping hair. "Tell me what the hell you know about torture. Tell me what the hell you know about life. Tell me what the hell you FUCKIN' THINK IS HURT!" she screamed at Inuyasha. "Tell me what the fuck your life is. Tell me, you cold hearted asshole. You're just like your fuckin' brother." She whispered that last statement, and slid to the floor on her knees, and covered her face with her hands, sobbing.

Inuyasha was at a loss for words. `Why had she reacted so strongly? I was the one who was mad.' "All I said was that my life couldn't have been harder, bitch." He spoke softly, "And besides, I don't see what the fuck it has to do with you, so stop your crying."

This last statement seemed to anger her deeply. She rose sharply from her submissive and feeble position on the ground and strode over to where he stood. Inches away from his face, their noses almost touching, she glared at him. Not the usual glare of annoyance.

But a real glare. There was no other way to describe it. It was corny sounding but, it was one looked at him straight in the eyes and peered into the soul. It saw HIM. Not his gruffness, not his usual composure. Just……… him.

"Sumi?" Sango asked tentatively. She didn't want to risk upsetting her friend. Because, when Sumi got mad, she got MAD. "What are you………… doing?" Sango dropped her question when she saw what Sumi had done.

Inuyasha was currently backed up against a wall, and Sumi was practially on him. Wait - nevermind, she WAS on him.

Her head was above his a bit, and she seemed to be whispering something to him. "Shippou!" Sango whispered abruptly, breaking the memerizing affect Sumi seemed to leave on them all.

"Wha?" Shippou slowly looked up, clearly still in a daze. "Sango?"

"Quick, tell me what Sumi's saying to him." She hissed quietly.

"Oh. I don't know." Was his shrugged off reply to Sango's question. Sango had a freaked out thought that was most likely true, but it was that Shippou forgot her question.

"Shippou?"

"Hm?" he asked dazed, staring at Sumi and Inuyasha. She had now taken to just standing beside him, whispering into his ear. Scarily, Inuyasha had a peaceful expression on his face, and his body showed his relaxed composure.

"Let's leave."

"Oh. Okay." Shippou sighed softly as she scooped him up and quickly, but quietly left the hut.

Once outside, Sango gently rocked Shippou until he awoke, which wasn't very long.

"Sango?" he asked groggily. Sango smiled at him. "What's going on?"

Sango sighed, leaned back against the tree she was currently using for shelter and began. "It's a long story. So, short and really edited story is Inuyasha says insulting things, Sumi got mad, Inuyasha says another stupid thing, Sumi gets really mad, and then Sumi casts spell over Inuyasha. At least I think that's what she's doing in there……….."

Back inside the hut, Sumi sat staring at Inuyasha, completely across from the room. She was smiling and laying on her stomach, dangling the necklace inbetween her fingers. "Pretty lil' thing ain't it? I'll keep it safe for you."

She smiled wickedly and got up, patting Inuyasha on the head once before actually departing.

Sango saw the flap of the hut rise, and instantly got up. Shippou, who was forgotten on Sango's lap, jumped off in a flurry.

"What happened in there?" she asked, her voice brimming with anticipation. Her eyes watched Sumi's face carefully, careful to watch for any suspcious expressions.

"Oh, I just thought this way was better than breaking your lil' friend's heart." Sumi replied, while shrugging off the entire thing and played with something in her hands.

"What's that in your hands?" Sango asked, wary of Sumi's tricks. Sumi smiled and raised her hands.

In them were unmistakably the prayer beads that had been on Inuyasha for two long years.

~*~

AN: Now what is Sumi going to do with that necklace?

O.o

Wear it?

Or put it to better use?

Like accessorizing! Build a whole new outfit with that handy lil' thing!!!

@.@

I'm weird.

Anyway, can you tell Sumi and Inuyasha don't exactly get along? And what did she do to him in there?

(I don't know either. Eep!)

Anyway, I would like to know if any of y'all have suggestions for which story I should work on after I finish this one……… or I'll just randomly work on it.

I don't have a lot of inspiriation. The times I do, I use on chapter making.

Then again, that inspiration leaves real quick.

So…………….

Ta ta~