InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Do You Love Me? ❯ Explanations Aren't The Easiest Things... ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I'm sorry I didn't ever clear this up. . .

There are two of everyone (sorta) because it's different time periods.

Five hundred years ago Japan.

Modern day Japan.

See, Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru live demon life spans. Which means a helluva a long time. . .

Rin underwent a ceremony which enabled her to have one. But. . . it made her grow up like. . . ten years first. . .

And Sango and Miroku have reincarnations^^

Confused?

I'll explain it more throughly . . . but right now, I'm going to Sacremento^^

~*~

Do You Love Me?

Chapter Thirteen

Explanations Aren't the Easiest Things. . .

bs~

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asked quietly. He wasn't sure how to do this, since the last time he did, she was asleep.

Sango looked up from her position beside the bed Miroku laid on.

"Yeah?" Kagome answered as she looked up from the phone, where she was currently trying to find the nearest hospital's number.

"Any hospitals yet?" Sango glanced over at Kagome who shook her head.

"The closest one is a hundred miles away."

"WHAT?" Sango screeched. Inuyasha scoffed.

"You live in the middle of nowhere remember? Idiot."

"Um. . ." Kagome uttered as the youkai slayer and the hanyou began bickering. "Why don't WE just treat Miroku?" The two stopped instantly and stared at Kagome.

Then proceeded to stare at each other.

"Why didn't I think of that?" Sango asked herself as she scurried for the first-aid kit. Kagome sweatdropped, while Inuyasha ran to the kitchen to get some hot water.

"K-kagome-sama?" Miroku whispered hoarsely from the corner. Kagome ran over to him

"Yes? Miroku? Can you hear me?" she asked hurriedly, worried that he might be in pain.

"Yes. Is that really you?" Miroku asked softly. This didn't surprise Kagome since Sango had reacted the same way.

Actually, Miroku was rather mild about it. Sango had jumped onto Kagome and hugged her until she was blue.

Then again, a poisonous spider hadn't bitten Sango.

"Please don't tell me I'm hallucinating now. Because it's a really nice hallucination." Miroku said after a momentary pause on Kagome's part.

"Oh no! I'm here! I am!" Kagome jumped, having been too absorbed in her thoughts.

Inuyasha and Sango came back into the room and began preparing for his treatment.

^.~

"So what you're saying is that I can't get pregnant?" Rin whispered. The doctor slowly nodded.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Taiyoukai, but since your immune system is so low, any chances of getting pregnant again are slim to none." Rin nodded, sniffling.

"Wait, Dr. Ryouga?" Rin asked tentatively.

"Yes?" he smiled gently back at her.

"Did my husband know of this?"

The doctor appeared puzzled. "Yes, and I thought he told you. Since coma patients have short-term memory loss, I thought you might have forgotten that he told you."

"I didn't forget." Rin answered softly, deep in thought.

"Well, Rin you are doing pretty well for what happened to you." Ryouga smiled as he left the room.

Rin frowned as soon as he closed the door. "How long have you been standing there?" she asked as she turned around to face Sesshoumaru, who was currently standing behind the curtain.

"For awhile. How did you notice I was here?" Sesshoumaru asked as he stepped out into view.

"Ever since you sneezed. I told you that you were allergic to that material!" Rin pointed and laughed.

Sesshoumaru only wrinkled his nose in protest.

"So. . . are you angry that I didn't tell you?" he asked as the girl's laughter subsided.

Rin stopped and stared at him. "Am. I. Angry?" she asked in a hushed tone that didn't comfort Sesshoumaru.

"No?" Sesshoumaru sweatdropped.

"No. I. Am. Thoroughly. PISSED." Rin hissed and turned to face the other direction, pulling the coverds over her head, ending the discussion.

^.~

"Ug. . . what time is it?" Miroku moaned as he fluttered his eyes open.

"You've been asleep for. . . about five minutes." Sango replied cheerily. "I just KNEW that book on bandaging would come in handy!" she smiled as she rocked Rei on her arm. Then she muttered something. Miroku's ears strained to hear her, but he seemed to have misheard her. Hopefully he misheard her. "I really hope that pudding stays dry this time." Miroku really hoped he heard wrong. . .

"Was Kagome here?" he asked as he closed his eyes again and leaned back into his pillow.

"Yes." Sango replied quietly. "But Inuyasha took her to talk in the forest. He had to clear up some things. He's not sure if he should tell her to unseal the well."

Miroku sighed deeply. "That asshole is going to be the end of us."

Sango nodded. "Now, I have a question." Miroku groaned. He knew what was coming.

"Why didn't we just let Sesshoumaru name Rei?" she glared at her husband, positive that he was the cause of Rei's name to be. . . Rei.

Miroku sighed. Yet again. And answered her. "Because he told us he was going to name her dead meat."

"Oh." Sango replied softly. Then she frowned. "Why didn't we pick a name ourselves then?"

Miroku mentally cursed himself. He was digging himself deeper and deeper into this name mess. It would be best if Sango didn't know that he made a little bet with Inuyasha.

A bet concerning their daughter. . .

"Well?" Sango demanded, her patience running thin with the slow response.

"Boogers."

"Ah GODS!" Sango yelled in frustration and left the room.

Miroku grinned. That would buy him some more time. . .

^.~

Kagome trudged through the moist mud, shuddering as she accidentally stepped on a worm.

Ah. . . what a most unfortunate worm. . .

It probabably had a worm wife with lots and lots of worm children. . . unless it was a gay worm.

Then it would have a homosexual worm `husband' and no children, since she knew how S-E-X (oo. . . the forbidden word!) worked.

If it was a mommy worm. . . Then the daddy worm would be pissed at her for killing his wife.

He would probably have to take care of the children. . . the massive amounts of children they had. . . their fault for having so much sex. . .

Then again. . . if it was a grandma worm, then its grandchildren would be devestated. And the parents would be thrilled. Insurance money!

Did worms have insurance agencies?

Kagome squawked and fell onto the floor as she bumped into Inuyasha's back as she was processing exactly what kind of worm she had just killed.

"Idiot." He scoffed. "You've gotten more clumsy." And helped her back up. Kagome huffed at him while she brushed the dirt off of herself.

"So. . . what exactly are we doing?" she asked as he studied the area around them. "Um. . . Inuyasha?" she asked timidly as he started staring at her

"What?" he asked absentmindedly and started walking again. "What did you say?"

Kagome sweatdropped. "Er. . . nevermind."

"Ok. . ."

Kagome was creeped out. What was wrong with Inuyasha and why was it making him so. . . so. . . so. . . nice? And mellow?

It was really scary how calm and collected he was.

"Um. . . Kagome?" Inuyasha asked nervously as he turned his attention back on her.

"What?"

Inuyasha shuffled his foot around on the dead leaves, making imaginary patterns only known to him. "Well, remember the. . . aw damn it!" and he cussed more profanity that would turn this story into the R rated category if it was put on this screen and shoved Kagome roughly to the ground.

Kagome screeched and brought her hands over her head. Inuyasha growled, sniffing the air as he looked up in the sky. Kagome slowly looked up to see a trail on blood across his left cheek.

"What is it?" she whispered. Inuyasha stopped his growling to answer her.

"Those damn Saimyoshou!" (spelling? I don't know the exact wording, so some would be greatly appreciated!) (Those are Naraku's poisonous insects by the way. . .)

"Naraku?" Kagome asked urgently. "He's still around?" Inuyasha nodded.

"I'm still around aren't I?" he looked at her questioningly.

"But I thought that you had solved the problem. . ." she stated slowly as she got up.

Inuyasha sighed and relaxed. "Yeah, we got rid of him. Don't ask about it. So many unpleasant and disturbing memories. . ." Inuyasha shuddered and rubbed his forearm, as it to rid the disturbingness. "But that's not the problem. See, those buggers have. . . evolved." Inuyasha looked up at the sky and scanned for the insects.

Kagome glanced around, before turning her attention back onto Inuyasha. Inuyasha frowned. "What's wrong?"

Kagome shook her head. "It's nothing. I mean, its not possible. . ." she murmured to herself.

"What isn't possible?" Inuyasha asked, fearing for her sanity.

"Well, this might sound stupid, but. . . I could have sworn I sensed a whole lot of Shikon shards headed in this direction." Inuyasha jumped.

"WHAT?" he roared.

"I know. . . stupid me. . ." Kagome winced.

Inuyasha growled. "That isn't it. It's that fuckin w - " and was slammed into the dirt ground below him.

Standing ontop of the said hanyou, was. . .

Kouga.

(leaving for Sacremento now^^)

^.~

(back^^ So horrible! I wish I hadn't gone. . .)

"What are you doing?" Sesshoumaru asked, taking a quick glance at his wife. Rin was currently filing her nails. She stopped as soon as she heard him speak and looked up slowly. Her eyes held what was in store for him. There was anger. There was plans.

Involving him.

Involving torture.

Lots of torture.

Sesshoumaru was too startled to speak.

All he could think was. . . `Oh shit. . . she's going to kill me. . .'

And he was more afraid than anytime before in his life. Well, excluding what had just occurred at the hospital.

And that incident with the stalker girl who was strangely obssessed with him hair. . .

What was her name again? Yuri? Yuro? Kura? Kira? Yura?

Yes, it was Yura. Sesshoumaru shuddered as he realized something. She was going to be released from the asylum in a few days. That wasn't good. . .

^.~

"Look. I can explain!" Kouga yelled at Inuyasha. He growled. Inuyasha snarled.

"Shut up! You're still a pup!" and turned on his heel, storming away. He made sure to grab Kagome's arm and pull her along with him.

Kagome rolled her eyes. He wasn't that angry at Kouga until the wolf had sauntered up to Kagome and hugged her.

That had set Inuyasha off.

However, Kagome noticed Kouga was following them, even if he was a couple of yards behind. . .

^.~

"Rin. Look at me." Sesshoumaru growled. He was getting impatient. Why the hell was she acting like this?

Maybe her hormones were acting up again. . .

"Fine. Damn it." And mumbled some incoherent things as she turned to face him, lying on the bed. "What?" she snapped.

"Why are you so angry?" Sesshoumaru stated bluntly. He expected a sharp intake of breath and more `cold shouldering' from Rin, but instead, she burst into tears.

"What is it?" Sesshoumaru asked after a couple of minutes of Rin soaking his shoulder. "Why are you so distressed? Is it me?"

Rin clasped Sesshoumaru tighter. "No. . . it's not that."

After a moment, Sesshoumaru cleared his throat. Was she going to finish what she said?

"I was scared." Looking up at Sesshoumaru, at his puzzled expression, she smiled sadly. "I was afraid that you didn't want me anymore." She whispered.

Sesshoumaru growled and pulled her so her face was level with his. "Never." He said, making their foreheads touch. "Never ever think that."

"But. . . I can't have children. What good am I?" Rin said softly, tears spilling all over her cheeks.

"That's not why I married you." Sesshoumaru said, his expression serious.

"Why then?" Rin spoke after holding Sesshoumaru for a minute. "What was so special about me that you had to marry me? What made me different from the other girls'?"

Sesshoumaru grinned against her neck. He whispered. "I don't know." Rin immediately let go of him and pushed him off of her.

Sesshoumaru was undaunted by her reaction. "You didn't let me finish." He muttered and pinned her against the bed. "I don't know why, but I do know something. It was you who stayed with me after hundreds of years of being alone. Jaken doesn't count." He quickly snapped, noticing the look in her eyes. She smiled.

"Really?"

"Truly. I do love you and Kami forbid the day that I stop loving you." He growled and pulled her into a passionate kiss. Rin returned it with feeling. . .

^.~

"Inuyasha. What are you - Oh." Sango asked as she saw him stomp through the front door with Kagome thrown over his shoulder. She stopped as soon as she saw Kouga sulk into the house. "Long time no see!" she greeted and he nodded in her direction.

"That fuckin' wolf!" Inuyasha raved as if Kouga wasn't there. "He KNEW he wasn't supposed to come until we sorted out everything!"

Kouga, annoyed Inuyasha was ignoring him, answered. "Well, I would have. But SOMEONE didn't fuckin' tell me when Kagome would come! Oi! Kagome, how've you been?" and he flashed a grin in her direction.

Inuyasha, through the breaking point, snarled and ran over, slamming Kouga into the wall. He held Kouga by the neck, pinning him against the wall.

Kouga was turning all sorts of shades and a particular color of blue. . .

~*~

AN: Ooo. . . cliffie.

Can't you tell I suck at those?

^^'

By the way, if there was a sequel to this, would you read it?

Because I have two endings in mind. One with no sequel. One WITH sequal.

So. . . whatever.

Anyway, I'm going to be gone for San Fran for awhile (three days) from Sat to Mon. . .

But I might update sooner, if my cousin's nice and lets me borrow her connection. . .

Ta ta~ bs~ (yes, thy name is bullshit)