InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dog and Dragon ❯ The Strangest of Friends ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sitting in her garden among the blooming cherry blossoms, the Lady of the West scrutinized the two warriors coming up the path towards her. She had never seen a stranger pair of friends.

One with his hair long and silver, the other with locks black as night. One Lord of the West, the other of the East. One boisterous and brazen in his ways, the other reserved and silently fierce. They were polar opposites in every way, and yet they were almost inseparable. An inuyoukai and a ryuuyoukai, the best of friends. It was something she thought she would never see, and something she was sure never to see again.

When they reached her bench, her husband threw himself down next to her and slung an arm around her shoulders. His other hand fell gently upon her pregnant belly and his unborn first son.

Ryuukotsusei bowed to her, and she acknowledged him with a slight nod.

“Lord Ryuukotsusei, always good to see you,” she said. “I trust my husband isn’t corrupting you too much,” she teased, and though her husband howled with laughter, the dragon remained unmoved.

“A few moments around that crazy dog could corrupt even the mightiest of taiyoukai,” Ryuukotsusei said.

“You old dragon,” the Inu no Taisho said, and stood to give his friend a good punch in the arm.

The Lady shook her head as they turned and walked back down the garden path together.

A strange pair indeed.