InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dog and Dragon ❯ Sake and Conversation ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Inu no Taisho clapped his hands and a servant bolted into the room ready to refresh their drinks.

“So my friend,” the Inu no Taisho said, watching with glazed eyes as the sake returned to his cup. “When are you going to start a family of your own?”

Ryuukotsusei growled and held his cup out to be refilled. “Seeing as I have no mate and keep no concubines, not very soon. Why do you ask?”

The Dog Lord gave a wide yawn and stretched his arms, sloshing a bit of alcohol onto the floor. The servant quickly wiped it up before exiting the room.

“I can’t explain it exactly,” he replied. “But I can’t wait to teach my son how to fight. And how to hunt. To pass on what I know. You know?”

When the Dog drank too much his verbal expression was always the first thing to suffer. Ryuukotsusei shook his head.

“I know one thing,” Ryuukotsusei said, a sharp edge to his voice.

“What’s that?” the Dog Lord asked, tilting back his head and draining his cup.

“Your son better damn well take after his mother, because if he takes after you he’s going to be one ugly bastard,” Ryuukotsusei said, taking another casual sip of sake.

The Dog Lord laughed so heartily that his last mouthful of sake splattered all over the floor, and onto his dragon friend. The Dragon was not amused, but the Dog rolled over with a stitch in his side, howling.