InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Drown ❯ Chapter 12: Hold my breath ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: Drown
Author: DeityOfDeath
Archive: Yes please...

Pairings: Inu Yasha/Kouga, Kouga/Ayame, Inuyasha/Kouga/Ayame, m
entions of Inu Yasha/Kagome and Inu Yasha/Kikyo InuYasha/OC
Category: Drama, romance, slash, Mpreg,
yaoi
rating: NC-17/R
Spoilers: Most likely.
Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, Non-con, Mpreg, SPOILERS!
Disclaimers: I never have nor will I ever own Inu Yasha or its chars. They are property of Rumiko Takashi and major companies.

Note from Author: Thank You for reading and supporting fan fiction! Enjoy and please review!

The chapter titles are lyrics from the song "Drown" by Bring Me The Horizon

Chapter 12: Hold my breath

I awoke to the soft mewling cries of my newborn son and though he was crying and I knew I would one day despise the sound, today it was music to my furry little ears. I sniffed and found the issue right away, his first dirty diaper.

I sat up and looked around and found that Koname or Ayame had left me a pile of small diaper cloths by the side of the furs. I un-swaddled my him gently and quickly changed him and wiped him clean before re-diapering him like I had been taught with Ranken. Ayame had done me a great service by letting me hold and practice on her son, though it was a bit of a positive for her because she got a well needed break every so often.

Once my little one was changed I swaddled him once more and brought him into my arms and swayed him gently and his soft mewls soon stopped. My chest ached and looking down I found that I was swollen and beginning to leak. I hadn't been warned about this…

I opened my robe and brought my tiny son to my chest and just like the first time, it took a few tries before he finally latched on and began suckling heartily. I found myself lost in his tiny lips, plump cheeks, fluttering eyes and eyelashes and little movements; so lost that I hadn't realized that Ayame knelt beside me with Ranken in her arms as she too nursed her son.

“It's amazing isn't it,” She asked with her bright smile.

I gently played with his fingers while he nursed and my heart felt like it had all but exploded with parental love as his tiny fist wrapped around my pointer finger, squeezing it as tightly as he could.

“It is, he is,” I answered as I looked up into her gentle green eyes and smiled brightly back at her.

I spent that first day enjoying every little thing my son did and allowed my body to heal, which it did quickly now that I had no pup to grow and nurture within me.

Kouga made his rounds through the cave and stopped in to eat lunch with us before he went outside the cave with Ginta and Hakaku to make their rounds around the cave and the surrounding territory. It was something wolves and most youkai did often no matter the territory. You checked to make sure everyone and everything was safe and was as it was supposed to be and you marked your territory to remind those that dared to cross into your territory without permission that there would be repercussions.

I could only assume that Sesshomaru did the same since he was also a high ranking youkai, though the InuYoukai had greatly dwindled over the years; at least in Japan. I had heard there were many Inu Youkai tribes still in existence in other lands.

When evening came Ayame coerced me into finally leaving my bed of furs and go with her to bathe. It hadn't taken much, I was sticky with sweat and though I had a decent enough sponge bath I still felt grimy and dirty from the birth.

Kira and Sachi had joined us not that Kira strayed very far from Ayame and my self. Kira and Sachi were great helpers and friends. I was amazed by how long both Kira and Sachi's hair had grown. Kira's coppery locks were often pulled up in twin ponytails behind her head while Sachi's pale strawberry locks seemed to still be too short for such an endeavor, though when wet it was possible. Sachi had unbelievably curly hair, the tightest curly ringlets that were bouncy even when wet. It had been near impossible to tell when her hair was shorn to her head in Kiba's cave but now there was no denying those growing curls.

I had also began to notice that most of the wolves and youkai from Ayame's old pack had the red coloring in their fur and hair color and it went from pale strawberry blonde to the deepest of auburn that almost looked black until the light touched it, showing the crimson highlights. It also seemed more common for her pack members to have varying degrees of green. Sachi herself had hazel eyes that often changed with her mood, when happy they were the most gorgeous shade of apple green with a gold ring around the iris.

Kouga's pack was a dark haired pack for the most part though there were an equal number that had white locks or a mix of the two like Ginta. The eye colors in Kouga's pack also varied a bit more; from Kouga's cerulean to the pale blue of Koname's and then on to deep browns and dark ebony. Kouga's seemed to be more varied and now with Ayame's pack it would be interesting to see how future cubs turned out.

As we washed the chatter seemed endless, though it was pleasant so I couldn't complain.

“Have Ranken's eyes changed yet,” asked Kira as she finished rinsing soap from her body and leaned over to stare at the sleeping babies in their baskets close together a few feet away.

Ayame grinned, “It's hard to tell since his eyes are just starting to lose that baby blue.”

“I'll bet he'll get your eyes,” said Sachi with a faraway look in her eyes.

“He would be a good mix of the two of you if he did get your green eyes,” I said out loud.

I rinsed soap from my hair and ran my fingers through it, amused at how long it was growing since I had birthed my son.

“I'm amazed your son inherited your light coloring,” said Kira as she stood and made her way over to the hot spring.

I stood and stretched before moving the baskets a bit closer to the hot spring as I too made my way over to it.

“All but that odd patch of red,” I said as I stared down at my son before I stepped away and walked into the hot water.

“I hope he gets your eyes as well,” said Kira.

As I sat down and got comfortable I looked across at Kira who had also settled into the comfort of the hot water.

Sachi and Ayame soon joined us in the water and in the conversation.

“I agree with Kira. Though it is no fault of your son's should he inherit his sire's eyes…,” said Sachi with a shudder.

I thought back on how cruel and terrifying Kiba's fiery garnet eyes were.

It got quiet as Kira, Sachi and my self remembered those eyes and Kiba's cruelty.

“When I was a little girl I used to love Kiba's eyes. I hadn't seen him often but he was a kind and gentle soul and his eyes would warm you like the sun on a cold day,” and as Ayame spoke you could see the sadness in her expression reflected in her expressive eyes.

“I was too little to understand pack politics and the only thing I knew was that something had happened between my mother and Kiba's. It was kept secret and Kiba's mother was exiled. Kiba had been spared, he was to stay with us.

Ayame's eyes got a faraway and it looked like she was fighting to recall old memories.

“Kiba had been caught helping his mother and they were both exiled. I can't seem to remember… I know that Kiba's mother was killed on our land and the last time I saw Kiba his eyes no longer reminded me of the warm setting sun.”

“More like a blaze that will burn you from the inside and out,” said Kira.

“Hell fire,” both Sachi and I said at the same time.

We looked at each other and as we were lost in our thoughts and memories only the sound of the water echoing was heard.

I had learned more about Kiba but I still could not see why he thought it was okay to do what had been done to me and the others or a reason as to why Hana had to die.

I looked over at Ayame who seemed lost in her memories and looked upset.

“Don't dwell on it Ayame. Even when terrible things happen only a weak person lets it change them for the worse. I should know. A strong person can overcome it and better themselves.”

She nodded at my words, a small smile returning to her lips and eyes.

That night after food was had and our sons had been fed and put to bed beside us we lay down only to be the last ones asleep. Kouga and the boys slept without a care while our minds seemed lost in the past. Sleep slowly came and as it pulled me into its warm embrace thoughts of a younger, kinder Kiba with sunlit eyes sauntered playfully through my mind.

To Be Continued….

Holy cow I had a hard time getting this chapter done. So far the results for the name are as follows:

Masayuki - lll

Yuki'ren - llll l

Kazuyuki - ll

I'll give it until tomorrow before I end voting and work on the next chapter. Also, I will probably make this story a little kouga/ayame/yasha. I added the label on the beginning info of the chapters but not on the story tag. The story was worked out but I've enjoyed writing for Ayame enough that it's where the muse is leading me. I'm not giving away any BIG plot surprises yet but YES, this will be a Kouga/Yasha story. Thank you all for the reviews, likes, Kudos and adds, it means a lot.

Kat