InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Drown ❯ Chapter 13: And let it bury me ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: Drown
Author: DeityOfDeath
Archive: Yes please...

Pairings: Inu Yasha/Kouga, Kouga/Ayame, Inuyasha/Kouga/Ayame, m
entions of Inu Yasha/Kagome and Inu Yasha/Kikyo InuYasha/OC
Category: Drama, romance, slash, Mpreg,
yaoi
rating: NC-17/R
Spoilers: Most likely.
Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, Non-con, Mpreg, SPOILERS!
Disclaimers: I never have nor will I ever own Inu Yasha or its chars. They are property of Rumiko Takashi and major companies.

Note from Author: Thank You for reading and supporting fan fiction! Enjoy and please review!

The chapter titles are lyrics from the song "Drown" by Bring Me The Horizon

Chapter 13: And let it bury me

I leaned over and playfully tickled my son's belly watching as he shook his tiny arms and kicked his tiny legs. He opened his mouth showing pink gums as he worked excitedly to express himself. I grinned down at him just as excited as he was at the game. I was so lost in our game that I hadn't realized I had company until someone spoke.

“He is as small as the wolf prince described,” said the soft and yet inquisitive voice of my brother Sesshomaru.

I startled momentarily and looked over my right shoulder, watching as he came to my side and knelt down to look my son over.

“He was a bit smaller than this. He's grown a bit in over a week,” and as I said it I gently booped my sons tiny nose.

Have you given him a name yet,” asked Sesshomaru as he leaned in and offered my son; his nephew a well manicured finger to reach for.

“I have decided on Yuki'ren,” and I couldn't contain the nervousness at announcing his name even though I had spoken it softly.

“Yuki'ren…it is an interesting choice but seeing him I can see he will grow into it.”

I was surprised to see the look of approval on his face as he stared down at Yuki'ren.”

“Would you like to hold your nephew,” I asked as I lifted him into my arms.

Sesshomaru looked surprised and I couldn't tell if it was the fact I had asked or that I had called my son his “nephew out loud.

I didn't give him a chance to dwell on either, “Move your arms so that they're in the shape of a cradle.”

Sesshomaru looked slightly taken aback but he did as I asked and I carefully transferred Yuki into his arms that were much larger than my own. He pulled Yuki in close to his body as if he were afraid his small body would somehow slip through his large arms.

“You don't have to be so tense. He may look fragile but don't let him fool you. They are so much stronger than we give them credit for. If you think about it, simply being born is quite the trying task,” I turned around once more and saw Tensen standing there looking quite pleased as he watched us.

“I thought I should come to see how you were faring and I was of course quite excited to see the newest addition to the Inu youkai family,” his pale blue eyes shone with his excitement though I was betting more at seeing my brother being so different from his usual self.

I'm pretty sure he would tell all his acquaintances back at the castle how the Great Lord Sesshomaru had not only played with a baby but held it as well.

“How is it living here? Do you find it to your liking,” Sesshomaru asked as he momentarily took his eyes from Yuki to look into my own.

I was surprised at the question but I didn't hesitate in answering, “It is amazing. Everyone is very kind and helpful and they have become almost like family; Ayame and Kouga especially.”

Sesshomaru nodded with a pleased look, “That is good to hear. The wolf prince said much about you in his letter. He says that they owe you quite a debt for saving his mates friends. He is quite happy to have dwelling with his pack. I will tell you that he has told this one, that should you want to stay here permanently he would have no qualms and be quite happy with it if it were what you wanted.”

I wasn't surprised that Kouga had said as much but hearing it made my chest tight in a good way.

I cleared my throat, which seemed thick with emotions as I nodded, “I'm glad that I have a place to call home and not just with him and the pack. Thank you for offering as well. I'm still…healing and figuring things out. I don't know what the future holds but for now Yuki has a place to grow up and that is enough. Perhaps in the future we will travel or maybe something else will interest me.”

Sesshomaru nodded and held out his arms offering Yuki back. He made sure Yuki was gently placed in my arms and was comfortable before he spoke further.

“You have come of age, the fact that you conceived proves that your heat had come upon you; probably without you even noticing.”

At my blank look he continued on, “When demons are sexually mature, whether male or female we go into heats. It does not mean that you cannot conceive unless it is upon you, simply means that it is the easiest time to conceive and attract a mate.”

“What is a heat,” I asked as I rocked Yuki in my arms watching as his still baby blue eyes closed.

“For every demon it is different but from my personal experience it starts with aches and pains and often sensitivity in your body and mood. Often it feels like I am sick and my body feels heavy and overheated.”

I had recalled feeling all of the above before Kiba's wolves had attacked the village.

“When Yuki is fully weaned you will go into heat again. It is perhaps two years or more you have but if you like I could help you find possible suitors if you find none among the wolf tribe.”

I felt my breath catch and my eyes widen at his words.

He meant no harm and they weren't said cruelly. He actually said them as fact and in his own way he was trying to help. I fixed my expression and nodded.

“Thank you.”

“Don't fret InuYasha. What your brother means to say is that he will take the role as leader in your family and see to it that you are taken care of but he will not force you into anything you do not want or approve of,” Tensen said with eyes sparkling a little too much in my opinion.

He seemed to enjoy the discomfort and oddity of mine and Sesshomaru's social interactions a bit too much for my likes.

“You two are so much more alike than you realize,” Tensen mused as he gazed at our expressions. I know I was fighting for neutrality but I'm pretty sure my annoyance at his enjoyment was showing because it was apparent on Sesshomaru's usually stoic features.

“I shall be on my way, I promised Rin I would visit her but first I will stop and see the wolf prince once more before I leave.”

I stood up with Yuki sleeping in my arms to walk him and Tensen to the den's doorway.

“You can call him Kouga, pretty sure being called by his title is a little unnerving,” I said with a grin.

Sesshomaru seemed to think on it and instead shrugged, “Perhaps one day…for now, wolf prince will do.”

I shook my head and watched as he left, Tensen happily waving goodbye as he followed behind.

My brother and I had finally reached that point of odd sibling acknowledgement. It was sometimes odd, awkward and difficult but I enjoyed it.

That night Kouga had come to the den exhausted but excited to see Ayame and Ranken and oddly enough excited to see Yuki and my self.

“So I heard from your brother that you finally chose a name,” he said and he looked slightly put out.

Ayame turned big excited green eyes in my direction, “Oh, tell us, tell us! You've been undecided for so long….”

I laughed, “He's only a week old. Some cultures wait longer than that to choose a name you know.”

“Oh, quit stalling and tell us,” grumped Kouga making me laugh at his expression.

“I have decided on Yuki'ren,” and as I said it I patted Yuki's head from where he lay bundled in my lap starring up at me.

“That's quite a mouth full,” said Kouga.

“Really, It's shorter than Sesshomaru or InuYasha,” I defended.

“True…” Kouga admitted.

“I've been calling him Yuki for short,” I admitted and at that Kouga gave a grin.

“Short and simple, that I can do.”

Ayame rolled her eyes and as our energy wound down we lay on the furs with Kouga between us as we both nursed our sons and talked of the day's events.

I always enjoyed the evenings watching the quiet happiness in Kouga's eyes as he watched Ayame and she watched him with their son between them, physical proof of their love. I smiled and nuzzled against Yuki as I patted his back, helping him to bring up any air he had in his tiny body. Once he was settled I lay down closer to him and watched as his eyes closed and his breathing evened out in sleep.

I was happy, this for now was my happiness and upon looking up I saw both Ayame and Kouga's faces starring at me with the same deep love and happiness that they had given each other. Ayame leaned carefully over her son and Kouga and gave me a gentle kiss on my forehead.

“Good night, Yasha.”

“Night,” was all I could get out.

Ayame returned to her spot and gave Kouga a kiss on the lips before she settled down and closed her eyes. I was about to do the same when Kouga leaned over and did the same as Ayame; he placed a gentle kiss in the center of my forehead in the exact spot where Ayame's soft lips had been.

“Night muttface,” was muttered and he too lay down and closed his eyes.

I lay there with my heart pounding and my face flushed. I closed my eyes and let my thoughts race until sleep claimed me as well.

To Be Continued….

Thank you for helping in choosing a name.

I've been up late working on this so I ended it in an odd spot with a hint as to where it's headed. Next chapter hopefully will be done tomorrow.

Kat