InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Easy as 1, 2, 3... ❯ A Hanyou's Plans ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. (What, did you actually expect me to put something interesting here?)

.

.

Easy as 1, 2, 3…

Chapter Six

.

.

.

Miroku, Inuyasha, and Sango were waiting for Lady Rumiko's little 'talk' with Kagome to end, and were all sitting around a table in the large kitchen. Miroku had long since come back from his errand, and still the two were shut up in the same room, talking together. If Inuyasha had heard right while spying on them, his mother was instructing Kagome some on the uses of her powers, neither noticing the passing time.

The two full humans at the table had long since finished a light lunch, and were now watching Inuyasha eat three times as much as a normal person. Sango was giving Inuyasha the evil eye because for some strange reason, he seemed way too happy since he had talked with his mother. That could not mean anything good for poor Kagome!

Miroku noticed this suspicious change in attitude as well and decided to address it. "I get the feeling you and your mother are up to something Inuyasha. Care to share with us?"

The only reaction this got from the white-haired hanyou was a very smug smile as he swallowed another bite of his sandwich, nearly whole.

"Chew your food properly." Sango muttered, glaring at him. "Then again, after what you did today I hope you choke on it and die!"

Inuyasha wasn't phased a bit by the obvious hostility coming from his friend, and smirked at her between bites. "If you hate me now Sango, I guess you're really going to hate me even more later."

Miroku and Sango's eyes widened, not liking this statement at all.

"Dare I ask?" The dark-haired bodyguard finally found his voice.

At this question, Inuyasha sat back in his chair and pushed the now empty plate away from him. The satisfied look on his face was more like 'the cat who ate the canary' than a dog that had just eaten three ham sandwiches. "For your information, I have a plan."

Two sets of eyebrows raised in his direction. "Oh you do? I'd love to hear it." Sango muttered darkly.

"It's pretty simple really." Inuyasha told them with false modesty. Ever since Kagome had so strangely fallen into his lap (if you could put it that way), his old cocky attitude had come back tenfold. "In fact, it's as easy as 1, 2, 3…"

Miroku tried not to smile in amusement at this and instead kept a very controlled, serious expression on his face. "And those three steps would be?"

"Step one was kidnapping her. I didn't mean to do it at first, but it really worked out in my favor in the end. As long as she gets over it soon." Inuyasha was picking food out of his teeth with a claw as he talked.

Sango's left eyebrow had mysteriously developed a sudden tic during this, and Miroku put a restraining hand on her arm.

Not noticing, Inuyasha continued. "Step two of course would be to keep her here a while and get to know each other. Since she's already here and my mother agrees, all we have to do is get to know each other."

Miroku cringed when Sango's other eyebrow began to tic, and he clamped his hand down tighter.

"The third and final step is to get her to fall in love with me."

Sighing, Miroku knew there was no help for it, and wisely released Sango's arm.

*WHAM!*

Clutching his throbbing head, Inuyasha growled. "Dammit, what the hell was that for Sango?!?!"

"YOU DESERVED IT!" She yelled back at him.

"I hate to agree with her Inuyasha, but she's right. What woman is going to fall for a man with an attitude like that one, especially after kidnapping her?"

Slumping in his chair, Inuyasha frowned at them. "Well what else am I supposed to do? I've never done anything like this before!"

Grinning, Miroku began his list. "First of all, to win the woman of his dreams, a man must be kind, gentle, considerate, charming, romantic, understanding, courteous…everything you are not."

Sango snorted. "All this coming from a man that goes around asking women to bear his child. You know better than to take advice from him Inuyasha."

"Then if you're so smart, what would you have me do?"

"Let her go home."

That was something Inuyasha really didn't want to hear, so in the fashion of all men he just ignored her suggestion and made up his own mind. "She's staying, and that's final. And I don't care what I have to do to get her to fall for me, even if I have to be a romantic gentleman and all that other crap!" A small shudder went down his spine at the thought. "But before I do that, I am gonna try it MY way…"

.

.

~*~*~*~*~*~

.

.

Kagome sulked as she followed her new host up the stairs to the second floor. He had a smug look on his face once again and was showing her to the room she would be staying in. At least she was getting her own room! She recalled the argument Inuyasha had had with his mother on the subject.

Inuyasha had not looked happy at the time. "She should stay in my room! It's not like I would sink so low as to do anything she wouldn't want me to. How can we get to know each other if we're not together all the time?"

"Take pity on the poor girl! She's already being forced to stay here. She doesn't need all her privacy taken away from her. Surely you can behave yourself for a month can't you?" That had been Lady Rumiko's sharp response.

Finally a compromise had been made, and for her stay she would be sleeping in the room next to his, connected by a shared bathroom. Kagome really didn't like it, but it was better than the other option! Just the thought of having to share a bed with him was sending shivers down her spine. She didn't stop to ask herself if that was because she was afraid of him or her reactions to him…that was something she really didn't want to know!

As she followed him down the hallway, her eyes kept straying to his still black clad figure ahead of her. Particularly to his tight black jeans which were showing off his…

'STOP IT!' She mentally scolded herself. 'I shouldn't be looking at his butt or anything else unless I'm thinking about how disgusting he is! Remember what a rotten attitude he's got, and what a jerk he is, anything!'

No matter what she tried though, nothing could stop the dark red flush that spread across her face, and she cursed herself for her pale skin.

She was so caught up in her own little mental drama, she didn't see him glance back at her. His sharp eyes took in the blush and her averted gaze, and he couldn't stop himself from grinning and showing off those sharp fangs. Hmmm, he'd have to remember this little weakness of hers and use it to his full advantage later!

Turning back to the front, he finally stopped at a door to his left and opened it without saying a word to her. Taking the silent hint, she cautiously entered the room ahead of him, looking around carefully.

"Don't look so scared. Do you think I set traps for you or something?"

"Probably." She muttered without looking at him.

It was a very large room, and she couldn't stop herself from feeling awed at its size and décor. Its walls were a beautiful navy blue, accented with white trim and furniture. There were some lighter blues as well in the fabrics, and a large window to make the room feel bright and airy. If she weren't being held prisoner, she might actually have felt at home there.

"The bathroom is that door on the left wall, and my room is on the other side. The big door on the right wall is the closet, and Sango said you could use her clothes for the month since you look to be about the same size."

Kagome frowned at him. "I don't want to put her to any trouble." As an afterthought she added pointedly. "I mean after all, I actually like HER!"

Inuyasha ignored this and carelessly waved his hand. "That won't cause her any problems. She's a clothes horse and could probably outfit every single woman in Tokyo if she wanted to."

"Yeah right, no one has that many clothes."

"Oh yeah?" He smirked. "Just wait, you'll see."

Both were suddenly at a loss of what else to say, and an awkward silence fell.

After several moments, Inuyasha was the first to speak again. "Well, we normally eat dinner about six in the evening, and you'll get to meet my brother then I guess, and my father. Until then we could-"

"Get out of my room."

"Huh?"

Kagome frowned. "I said get out of my room. Even if I have to be here, that doesn't mean I have to spend my time with you."

"That's the whole point of you being here wench!" He growled, trying to keep his temper under control. "We're supposed to be getting to know each other!"

"Well then this will be your first lesson in getting to know me. I DON'T SPEND MY TIME WITH JERKS!" Taking a swift step forward, she pushed him with her hands on his chest till he was standing outside the door and in the hallway. Inuyasha was too shocked to even stop her.

"Oi wench, what are you-"

Still in the same position, both stopped to watch a silent figure glide down the hallway behind Inuyasha without even sparing them a glance. White hair flew out behind the figure as it vanished around the corner, and Kagome could only stare.

Without taking her hands off Inuyasha's chest, she blinked in confusion. "I don't remember anyone telling me you have a sister."

It was Inuyasha's turn to look confused. "That's because I don't."

"Then that was…"

"My brother."

Kagome's eyes widened at this. "Ohhhhh…"

Suddenly grinning, Inuyasha put his hands on hers where they were still planted firmly on the solid wall of muscle that was his chest. "I guess this means I don't have to worry about you falling for him instead."

The next thing he knew, the very red-faced Kagome had summoned strength even she didn't know she had, and managed to pull her hands free from his and slam the bedroom door in his face! Inuyasha just stared at the spot where she had stood just a moment before.

He could hear her ragged breathing, giving away exactly what she was feeling at the moment and a slow smile crept its way across his face. 'I think this month is going to be more fun than I've had in my entire life…'

Out loud, he said, "And my mother worries that I won't be able to keep MY hands to myself." Turning and walking off, his sensitive ears picked up her response.

"BAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

.

.

.

.

Aren't they just such a cute couple, even when they can't get along with each other for anything? *laughs* Oh well, the drill is the same! Do me a favor and review, okay? *taps the delete button threateningly* ^_~