InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Emergence ❯ Reactions ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/N: This chapter come with a N/C WARNING, in the form of on top of the clothes groping. It is in the first half of the third section. I'm glad I already had this chapter written since I haven't been very motivated due to lack or response to this fic. I will continue to work on it and I promise to finish this story even if no one else reviews, but I really would appreciate a few. This chapter has my favorite InuYasha/Kagome's mom moment as well, I'd like to know what you think.

I also want to thank those who have taken the time to review, even if it was just once it really does mean a lot to me to know that some one besides me is interested in this story. I will still be posting chapter 8 on Monday and since this chapter has yet to come back from my beta so forgive the errors I missed and I will be re-posting it when it had been checked over.

Now on with the story
.

~ * ~

InuYasha was lounging the chair beside Kagome’s bed watching TV. One person was allowed to stay with her even when visiting hours were over and Kagome had asked that it be him. Not like he would have left no matter what the rules were, but he was happy that she had chosen him to stay by her side. He watched her sleeping. She was beautiful even with almost no hair and the scar on her face because even though she was pleasant to look at the real measure of her beauty was what she carried inside her. She had a beautiful soul and it radiated from her, touching everyone she knew and making them better than they were before. Suddenly she started mumbling in her sleep.

It was dark and she was alone. ‘No...I‘m awake. InuYasha is here and... It can’t have only been a dream.’

The world around her spun and it began to get lighter. Shapes began to materialize out of the shadows and she soon found herself in a forest.
‘What am I doing here? A better question would be where is here exactly.’ She saw a tree towering well above the others. She felt like she should head toward it so she did.

The tree was so familiar. She wished that she could remember why. There was a bare spot in the center of the trunk and she knew that it was important. This place was important to her. “Why can’t I remember?”

“Some things are better forgotten.” said a female voice behind her.

Kagome spun. Standing before her was a beautiful woman who looked very familiar. She wore the red and white robes of a priestess. “Who are you?” Kagome asked. “I know you don’t I?”

“Who I am is not important. Call me your past if you must call me something.” The woman said. “I am you, just as you are me. Different and yet the same.”

Kagome frowned, “I don’t understand.”

The woman raised her arm and behind her appeared a lone man, two women a little older than she, one elderly woman, and one child. “We are who you have once been.”

“Why are you here?” Kagome asked.

“To answer your questions of course.” she replied.

“Will I ever get my memory back?” Kagome asked.

“You have a gift, the power of purity resides inside you, and the power to heal. You have called upon it once already. It allowed you to wake and in time it will allow you to remember much of your past, but as I said some things are better forgotten.” The strange miko explained.. “A great shadow was once cast over your heart, but you will never have to know its darkness again. Do not squander this chance you have been given.” The woman began to fade away.

“Wait.” Kagome yelled.

InuYasha shook Kagome gently as she cried out in her sleep. “Kagome...” he said. Kagome opened her eyes and saw InuYasha looking at her with obvious concern. “You okay?”

“Dream.” She explained.

He tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. “You want to talk about it?” he asked.

Kagome frowned. “Miko.” she said. “Not know all... better...” She looked up at him hopefully, wishing she could express herself more clearly. “Chance, shadow, free.”

“Okay, so there was a miko in your dream.” he started. She nodded. “All right... She said you won’t ever remember everything, but that it was better that way. That this was your chance to do something free from some sort of shadow.”

Kagome smiled brightly at him. “You know always.” she said.

Son of a bitch. If it wasn’t Kikyou she saw I’ll give Sesshomaru my Tetsusaiga. If Kagome’s dream was more than a dream then it means that Kagome’s mother was right, that this a chance for me and Kagome to start over. “Keh, it ain’t like it’s hard to understand you.” he scoffed. “Not for somebody who listens anyway.”

~ * ~

The next morning a nurse came in and InuYasha left while she helped Kagome dress for what she called physical therapy. Kagome’s mother explained that it would help her get her strength back.

It was after breakfast when a man with an obnoxiously loud voice and cheesy grin came in with a wheel chair. “Good morning.” he chirped. “My name is Ken and I am going to be your physical therapist. We’re going to work really hard to get you back to your old self.”

InuYasha noticed Kagome looking at him with a warily. He gave her a slight nod of encouragement and Ken helped her into the chair. Kagome didn’t know why but this guy felt really wrong to her. She didn’t want to go with him. She shot InuYasha a pleading glance.

“Can I come with her?” InuYasha asked. “She’s nervous.”

“I’m afraid not.” Ken replied. “We can’t have her getting distracted. It will slow her progress.”

InuYasha squatted down in front of Kagome. “I’ll be right here when you get back okay?”

She chewed her lower lip, but nodded.

Ken pushed Kagome down the hall to the physical therapy room. He made sure to chose a time when it would be empty after he had been informed of the injury she had suffered and he had seen what his patient looked like. He was pleased to find that she didn’t seem to be able to speak. He would test that theory more before he began her special therapy.

Kagome didn’t like the way his hand squeezed her bottom as he helped her up on the mat, but she reasoned that she was over reacting because of her anxiety especially when nothing else happened during the rest of the session. She was wheeled back to her room and InuYasha was waiting for her just as he said he would be. He helped her back into the bed.

“You did great today.” Ken said. “We’ll have you back to yourself in no time.”

Ken left and InuYasha came and sat beside her. “You all right?”

Kagome nodded.

InuYasha studied her for a moment. Something was bothering her, but she obviously wasn’t ready to tell him so he let it go.

~ * ~

Over the next week Kagome grew more and more uncomfortable with the way Ken was acting when they were alone. He was all smiles in front of InuYasha and her mother and spoke in a cheerful voice, but when they were alone his voice changed. It was darker and he touched her in ways that made her uncomfortable more and more frequently.

The only thing was that she didn’t know if she was over reacting or if he really was doing something wrong. She didn’t want to embarrass herself by saying anything if she was wrong, so she hid her discomfort as best she could. Kagome was pretty sure InuYasha suspected something but he wasn’t pressuring her to talk about it and for that she was grateful.

Ken picked her up yet again and they headed off to her therapy. He laid her onto the mats to do her stretches. She bent her leg and he pushed it up toward her chest. One of his hands slid along her thigh and cupped her bottom. He gave it a squeeze.

He leaned close to her. “For a girl who spent two months in a coma, your body is still damn sexy. I can only imagine what you looked like before. I bet that’s why that guy is here. He can’t wait to get back in your pants.”

Kagome bit her lip hard. She knew that this was something he should not be saying.

Ken lifted her other leg and once again he grabbed her behind. Then he moved beside her to pull one leg out to the side. As he did that he slipped on hand down the inside of her thigh and brushed his fingers over her. Then he cupped her.

It was all she could do not to cry. She could feel her body trembling and prayed it would be over soon. She didn’t care what she had to do, after this she was never going to go with Ken again Finished with her legs he moved to her arms and Ken spent time massaging each of her breasts.

“You like this don’t you?” He breathed against her ear. “I can feel you trembling. Don’t worry, soon I’ll give you what you want.”

Kagome closed her eyes as he finished her stretches and moved to the parallel bars. Ken kept his hands on her hips and he pressed himself against her back.

Then finally their time was up and they headed back to the room. “We’re going to have more time together soon.” Ken said on the way. “You are scheduled for therapy twice a day starting next week.”

Kagome shuddered.

She sat in the bed looking at her hands until Ken was gone. She felt ashamed. InuYasha would probably be upset with her.

He sat beside her. “Kagome, what’s wrong?” he asked. “I can’t help you if you won’t talk to me.” He put an arm around her and suddenly he found her clutching him with a strength she shouldn’t have possessed.

“Bad feelings.” she cried. “Touches me”

It took a full minute for InuYasha to react to what she had said. A low growl started in his throat. “Where Kagome? Where did he touch you?”

She just shook her head.

He pushed her away. “You have to tell me. If you can’t say it just show me what he did that felt bad.”

Kagome looked at her hands. InuYasha watched as she moved on to her breast and squeezed it and then the other between her legs.

He jumped up and began throwing anything he could pick up around the room, yelling and swearing. Kagome pulled her knees up to her chest and tried to make herself as small as possible while he raved. She wasn’t afraid that he would hurt her, but it was a shocking display.

A nurse stuck her head in to see what the commotion was and he bellowed at her. “GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!”

The nurse squeaked and shut the door. Luckily Asami was just coming to see Kagome and caught the nurse as she was running to the phone to call security.

“He’s gone crazy.” she mumbled as she tried to dial with shaking hands.

Asami could hear InuYasha.

“FUCKING BASTARD. I’LL TEAR HIM TO SHREDS!” he raged. His voice accompanied by a loud crash.

Asami entered the mostly destroyed room. “InuYasha what is the meaning of this.”

He turned. “Maybe you should be asking that fucker who had his hands all over Kagome what the hell his meaning was.”

“Who?” Asami questioned.

“That therapy bastard.” InuYasha told her. “He touched her.”

“Of course he did. It’s his job.” Asami explained, trying to reason with the irate hanyou.

“I may not understand everything in this time, but I ain’t stupid and I know it ain’t his job to touch her those places.” InuYasha growled.

Asami went to Kagome. “Where did he touch you sweetheart?”

Kagome showed her mother. “Bad talk...sexy...you like it...” Kagome started to sob.

Asami held her until security came barging in.

“Sir come with us at once and come quietly.” One man said.

“I ain’t going anywhere.” he growled.

Asami stood up. “InuYasha isn’t going anywhere. I want the director of this hospital here at once, and I suggest you go get Ken from physical therapy because he is going to answer to me.”

“Ma’am what seems to be the problem?” the man asked. “We were called because he was tearing the place up.”

“The problem is that a member of your staff has molested my daughter.” Asami told him. “So unless you want this entire building torn apart you will do as I have asked.”

InuYasha held Kagome and Asami held her hand while they waited. Ken and security arrived before the director did. If Kagome hadn’t been clinging to him so tightly InuYasha would have attacked him. As it was he was too furious to risk speaking when the bastard had the nerve to ask what was wrong.

“My daughter told us what you have been doing to her.” Asami replied.

“That’s crazy. First of all I haven’t done anything and secondly she doesn’t talk.” Ken told them.

“Not to you she don’t bastard, but she does talk to me and you are lucky she needs me right now or you’d be dead.” InuYasha growled.

The director finally arrived. “I hear that you are claiming that your daughter has been molested.” he said.

“We ain’t claiming shit.” InuYasha replied. “Kagome said he did and she don’t lie.”

“This is ludicrous. I did nothing but my job.” Ken protested. “It’s probably just her injury making her think such a thing.”

InuYasha growled loudly. “Bastard.”

“Well there is an easy enough solution. We had cameras installed in the therapy room to avoid situations like this.” the director said. “Let’s go to my office and see the truth for ourselves.”

InuYasha stood with Kagome in his arms and her mother rose as well.

“Perhaps she should stay here.” the director offered.

“If you think I’m leaving her alone for a fucking second then you’re out of your mind.” InuYasha replied. “I’m coming to see for myself and she’s coming with me.”

The director looked to Asami obviously hoping she would object. When she didn’t he sighed and led the way.

On the way InuYasha noticed that Ken was pale and sweating. He reeked of fear. Bastard should be afraid. He’s lucky to still be alive.

They all sat down in the office and InuYasha held Kagome in his lap. “It’s all right.” he whispered. “I ain’t going to let nothing else happen to you I promise.

One phone call and fifteen minutes later a man came in with a videotape. The hospital director put it in the VCR and turned on the television. He held fast forward until he saw Ken and Kagome enter the room. Kagome buried her face in InuYasha’s chest. She remembered what he had done, could still feel his hands on her and she didn’t want to see it as it happened.

InuYasha rubbed her back as he watched that monster touching his Kagome. What he wouldn’t give to be able to simply rip the bastard apart with his bare hands. Kagome seemed to sense that he was losing control and began to stroke the back of his neck with her fingers very lightly, soothing him.

Kagome’s mother however did not have the benefit of her daughter’s calming gesture and jumped to her feet. InuYasha was pleased to hear the loud crack as Asami’s palm connected with the side of Ken’s face.

“How dare you do that to my baby.” she yelled. “You are supposed to help her. I trusted you to take care of her.” She slapped him again and he tried to back away from her but hit the wall. “You vile, filthy, monster.” A third slap resounded in the office and it was then that a security guard stepped in.

Asami spun on the director. “What are you going to do about this?” she demanded. “He violated my little girl. He took advantage of her in the worst way, thinking that she would have no way to tell anyone.” She turned back to where Ken was standing in cuffs. “Get him out of here now before I let InuYasha give him what he really deserves.”

All looked as InuYasha flexed his fingers and his knuckles cracked, from his place in the chair. He did it more for effect, to make it known that he was ready and willing to do just that. He knew her mother wouldn’t make good on her threat, but it worked and Ken was escorted from the room to wait for the police to pick him up.

“First let me say I am deeply sorry that this has occurred.” The director offered. “Though I realize that I can do nothing to make this better, please tell me what can be done to help your family get through this.”

“Kagome ain’t going anywhere with out one of us.” InuYasha said. “Not to her damn therapy. No where.”

“Of course. I will see to it that a member of her family is allowed to be with her at all times.” the director assured them.

~ * ~

By the time they left the office and headed back to the room Kagome had fallen asleep. InuYasha laid her gently in her bed and covered her with her blanket. He sat down in the chair across from Kagome’s mother and watched her sleep, until he heard her mother crying quietly and smelled her tears.

“Higurashi-san.” He said quietly.

“Why do all these terrible things keep happening to Kagome?” she asked. “She’s a good girl. She has such a big heart and seeks only to help others.”

“Kagome told me once that the Kami never give us more hardships than we can bear, that all things that we are given to overcome serve a purpose.” he offered. “She’s strong. She’ll be all right.”

“My Kagome...” Asami said. “I still am having trouble believing that I attacked that man, even if he did deserve it.”

“At least one of us got to hit him.” InuYasha told her.

Asami didn’t miss the hint of admiration in his tone. “I really don’t know what came over me.”

“Keh, you were protecting your pup.” InuYasha said. “It’s what any good mother would do. While she was alive my mother tried really hard to protect me, not physically of course and I don’t think I ever heard my mother raise her voice, but from the hard truths of what my life was going to be like. For as long as she could, she wanted me to be a normal child.”

“Your mother must have been quite an amazing woman.” Asami said softly. “To have so little time with you, but to still have raised such a wonderful son.”

InuYasha quickly looked away as he fought of the strange prickling sensation behind his eyes. “To have raised a daughter like Kagome would take such a woman as well.”

As hard as she tried Asami could not keep her tears at bay. She got up and put her arms around the young hanyou. “I feel sorry for all the people in your era that could not look past what you are, for they would have been lucky to count you as a friend and blessed to be able to welcome you as part of their family. I would hope that you consider yourself as such in my home, my son.”

After such an open display of emotion she knew that InuYasha would be uncomfortable so she left the room. He was really starting to open up and let his true self show. She didn’t want to undo the progress he had made by pressing him too hard.

~ * ~

Kagome awoke several hours later. As soon as she opened her eyes InuYasha was there beside her. “Are you all right?” he asked.

“No.” she whispered. “Dirty.”

“You are not dirty. Do you hear me?” InuYasha said seriously. “You didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Feel dirty.” she told him.

He pulled her into a hug. “It’s not true. You didn’t ask for what he did. He was supposed to help you, not hurt you. There’s nothing wrong with you. I should have done more. I knew you were upset. I’m sorry.”

“No blame you.” she said. “No blame me.”

He looked at her. “All right. We won’t blame each other or ourselves.”