InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Eternity's Wake ❯ Trespasser ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I do not have any special privileges of owning any part, character, or ideas that belong to Rumiko Takashi. I merely borrow them - without permission, but borrow nonetheless.
 
A/N: I got tired of writing so many different disclaimers that I gave up and am now going to write a blanket one for this whole story.
Note: Youkai, hanyous, mikos, etc. do exist in this story, but they live in `secret.' No human, besides a selected few—a.k.a. Kagome—know about them.
 
 
~-Eternity's Wake~-
Chapter 1
~Trespasser~
 
~*~
 
A god - that was what he was. Takahasha Inuyasha - a god on earth. He had everything a human could want. He owned the most successful car company in Japan as well as a rapidly growing computer/electronics industry, thus taking in millions of dollars.
 
He was envied by most men. He was young - twenty-two - and the target of many women. He had a brother. He had a mother. He had a father. He had just about everything he wanted.
 
Almost; but not quite. He lost what he wanted. He had it and he lost it. And he would probably never find it again.
 
 
~*~
 
 
Inuyasha fingered through some files as he made his way through the hallway that led into the office.
 
`What the—?'
 
Growling, he snapped the small pile back together as he quickened his pace. Prowling through the door like a wild animal that hadn't been fed, he kept heading straight back for the door on the other side of the room.
 
The secretary stopped typing on her computer and stood, “Inuyasha-sama, shall I arrange an appointment for you with—?”
 
“Damn it all. . .” the hanyou made no move to signify that he had heard her or would be answering, so the young woman sat back down.
 
“He's not going to be very pleased with this. . .” she mumbled as she opened the top drawer in her work desk, “Not at all. I know right now I'll be suffering a migraine if I don't find those ear-plugs.” She shuffled around a bit more before she pulled out a small bag with her target in it. Grinning victoriously, she placed them in her extremely sensitive ears before continuing her work.
 
~*~
 
“Inuyasha, what brings you here?”
 
“Bastard. I just came to ask you what father has planned for me,” Inuyasha slapped the files down on the wooden desk.
 
“Like I would know? He doesn't trust me that much,” came a monotone reply.
 
“Doesn't trust you that much? Damn, Sesshoumaru, we both know he's more friendly with you than me.”
 
“Maybe it's because you're acting like a huge baka that he is. . .? And could you use correct grammar? You went to school, baka, you could at least try to show it.”
 
“Don't push your luck,” Inuyasha ground out.
 
“I don't push anything—unlike a certain baka I know.”
 
Really pushing it.”
 
“Is that all you came here for? If so, than you're an even bigger idiot than I first presumed.”
 
“No!” Inuyasha snarled back.
 
“Then why are you really here!?” Sesshoumaru's patience snapped as he abruptly stood to look his brother in the eye.
 
Inuyasha didn't reply, and Sesshoumaru growled, “Baka, I have an appointment. Sorry to have wasted your time. I think you know the answer to what you seek, however.” With that, he briskly picked up the files Inuyasha had earlier put down, and walked out of the room, slamming the door hard behind him.
 
Although he didn't have any real soft feelings for his brother, Inuyasha curiously examined the door like it would give him some answers, “What's gotten up his ass?”
 
~*~
 
Sesshoumaru rubbed his temple with one off his hands as he drove away from his office. `Dammit, I was afraid of this.'
 
His cellular phone started to ring and he flipped it open, eyed the caller ID number, before sighing and answering, “Takahasha.”
 
“Sire!”
 
“What is it, Jaken?”
 
“I've called to give you some news.”
 
“Continue.”
 
“Just as you instructed, I went to the address you gave me and I believe your fears are indeed confirmed.”
 
“He told you this himself?” Sesshoumaru's voice demanded the truth; he would not be messed with.
 
“Yes, sire. He told me so.”
 
“Good job, Jaken. . . But I have another task for you. I want you to call my father and tell him I wish to speak to him. Soon, if possible.”
 
“Yes, sire.”
 
“Good-bye, Jaken.”
 
“Good-bye, si—”
 
The rest was cut off as a fuming youkai slammed his phone shut. `Hell, no.'
 
~*~
 
Inuyasha tried not to growl as he made his way out to his car. He tried; and failed miserably. His damned brother was so annoying.
 
`I don't understand the bastard.'
 
Maybe that was why they didn't see eye-to-eye.
 
Sesshoumaru was in charge of a large company. Large though it was, not many humans knew exactly what it did—hunted wanted youkai and other `fantasy creatures.'
 
Maybe his job is what had made him so. . . locked up. Sesshoumaru barely confided in anyone. He had just started to store everything up. Everything he did was in secret. He could have a mate and Inuyasha wouldn't know!
 
Ripping his keys out of his pocket, Inuyasha unlocked his car and got in. Revving the engine to life, he wheeled out of the large parking lot.
 
He turned onto a small highway and slowed his speed some—he had to stop that, speeding was a habit and stress reliever and one day he was going to get a huge ticket for it.
 
He relaxed against his seat as he turned on the radio to a good station. He had barely had time to grab a hold of the steering wheel again when his cellular phone started to ring.
 
His foul mood returned again as he ripped out the device and checked who it was.
 
“What?”
 
“Oh! Mister Inuyasha, there's someone who wants to see you here.”
 
“Who the hell is it?”
 
“Um. . . I didn't get a name—”
 
“I'll be there when I get there,” he cut her off as he turned down an exit ramp.
 
“Oh, uh, okay. Goodbye Mister—”
 
“Yeah, bye,” he slapped his phone shut as he slowed to turn into the entrance of his home.
 
He was stopped at a black iron gate and a man popped his head out of a small booth to nod to Inuyasha in greeting before he allowed the gate to open so the hanyou could get in.
 
“Stupid human,” Inuyasha mumbled as he slowed to a stop near his front door. He turned off the car and pulled out the keys as he stood up and walked into his house through the tall wooden door.
 
He was greeted by a woman who sat at a desk who looked up at him.
 
The entrance of the first floor was an office-type place where a few of his employees took phone calls and messages, controlled the surveillance cameras alert of any trespassers, filled out any trivial paper work, and did other small things.
 
The woman smiled at him, as was expected, “Welcome back, sir.”
 
“Yeah, yeah. Look, could you get someone to park the car out back? Thanks,” he tossed the keys to her and continued back into a hallway where there were a few separate rooms. He walked into the room with a dark red door to see another woman scribbling some things on a piece of paper as she hung up the phone.
 
“You rang?”
 
The woman stopped writing and looked up, surprised, “That was fast.”
 
Inuyasha rolled his eyes, “Whatever, what or who wanted to see me? A woman you said?”
 
“Oh yeah, she came in with a slip of paper allowing her inside the building. Mister InuTaisho signed it with his permission.”
 
“Whatever, who the hell is she?”
 
“Um, I didn't take a name. I sent her to a more comfortable waiting room.”
 
“Where?” the hanyou growled to her.
 
“Um, it's that newly cleaned room at the end of the hall.”
 
Inuyasha whirled, ripped open the door, and prowled to the end of the hall.
 
`Who the hell does she think she is? Breaking in my house.'
 
`She's not breaking in. She was allowed in by your father.'
 
`Shut the hell up.'
 
Inuyasha reached the door—that had been a large storage room just a week earlier—and did his best to calm his nerves and look less menacing before he opened the door and went in. He closed the door before turning to his visitor.
 
“What is it that you—” anything and everything that he had planned to say to his `trespasser' was ripped out of him.
 
`What the—?'
 
The ebony-locked girl looked up at him and blinked, apparently surprised that she hadn't seen him come in.
 
Inuyasha stood there, with his jaw open, as his brain ferociously trying to function and get his mouth to form some sort of words—and to close.
 
`Baka! Speak! Bark! Do something, you look like an idiot!'
 
He slowly closed his jaw and swallowed.
 
`What the—?'
 
`You're favorite phrase, I assume?'
 
“Um, I'm here to see you. . . about something personal. . .”
 
`Talk, talk, talk!'
 
Saying the first word that came to his head, Inuyasha struggled to stutter, “K-Kagome.”
 
~*~
 
Finally! The first chapter of my promised story! ::sigh:: How was it? Continue, stop? If you don't give me feedback and review, I'm going to have to assume you want me to stop and I won't write anymore. . . I edited it. . . Sorry, people, but I never look over my work when writing. . . Heh, it ruins the mood. . .
 
Tootles!
~Sayo