InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Excuse Me, Who Are You? ❯ The Encounter ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha. Wish I did, but I don't. But hey you don't either!
 
Thanks to my lovely reviewers. I'm glad you all enjoyed it!
 
Simonkal of Inyu: Don't worry. I hate having stories that are the same as other stories. I can't tell you what's going to happen, though! You'll just have to read to find out!
 
----------oOo----------
 
“HELP ME! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!”
 
“Come here little girl. You have something I want.” The demon said in a slithery voice that matched his equally slithery body.
 
“HELP!”
 
“You wouldn't want to attract other demons, now would you? If you don't than you should quiet down.”
 
“LEAVE ME ALONE!” The young woman screeched before tripping over her stalker's snake tail. “Uff.” Her bag went flying off her shoulders as she hit the ground.
 
“Settle down young maiden. I might let you live if you hand over the shikon shard you carry.”
 
“Never!”
 
“Now, now.” The snake demon slithered over to where she fell and towered over her. She knew what he was doing, he was trying to look menacing to her. Like he really needed to do that!
 
“Stay away.”
 
The demon reached toward the young woman's chest where the shikon shard was hanging from around her neck. Before he could reach it a blast of pink energy sent him flying in to a nearby tree.
 
Kagome heard a satisfying `snap' as his neck broke and a reliving `thump' as his body fell to the ground lifeless. She walked over to the carcass and gave it a little nudge with her foot. She sighed her relief as she walked over to her fallen bag and lifted it back on her shoulders.
 
It had been two years since she first arrived in the Feudal Era and she wasn't the helpless little girl she had been. Kadae had taught her a great deal about medicinal herbs. She now was an expert, which proved handy when traveling with the group. Someone was always in need of her assistance.
 
Kagome was not only competent with medicinal herbs, but also with her spiritual powers. She hadn't told anyone how she learned such techniques and she wasn't sure she would ever tell her secrets; maybe on her deathbed, but no sooner. She wouldn't know where to begin.
 
“I can't believe this!” Kagome said. “Of course I get lost.” She stood up and looked around. “I must have come from this direction.” Kagome said to herself while walking down a well-worn path.
 
`I finally learn to take care of myself and I get thrown off guard by some stupid demon. He was so weak, too! I must not be used to having control over my powers yet. She said it would take awhile before I got used to the idea. That's probably why it took so long for me to awaken my powers.'
 
Kagome continued to walk down the path she thought was the way back to Kadae's hut. She had decided to go home after a fight with InuYasha, again. Kagome gave an exasperated sigh as she continued down the trail with bag in hand. She was walking toward the well when she felt a tug at her soul. She felt like someone needed help. What she found was a feasting demon. He turned to her and noticed right away what she held. And so the chase had begun.
 
`I still feel that damn tug.'
 
Kagome came to a stop when she noticed an unfamiliar scent. She had been in forests many times before and she had never once encountered such a smell. It was disgusting. It smelled of herbs, but not medicinal. When it finally dawned on her she picked up her pace down the trail.
 
`Poison! It's poison! Someone could be in trouble!'
 
She finally came upon the clearing where the scent was coming from. She looked to her right and noticed a familiar sword.
 
“Tokijin?”
 
Kagome looked through the clearing and her eyes finally landed on Sesshomaru. She gave a soft gasp when realization finally dawned on her. He was kneeling, with his hand on Tensegia and his head resting on his hand. She quickly ran up to him and put her ear to his chest where his heart would be.
 
“What?”
 
Kagome put her finger at his pulse point on his wrist and felt a steady yet fading rhythm.
 
“Why don't you have a heartbeat? Wait a minute.”
 
Kagome put her ear to the right side and then to the center of his chest. She took in a shocked breath when she realized that his hear was in the center of his chest and it was lower than it should be.
 
“That's strange.”
 
She looked at his face and noticed he had a look of discomfort.
 
“I know I smelled poison. But how did it enter his body? Unless…” Kagome looked at his eyes and noticed that they were red and irritated. “Oh, no.”
 
The most dangerous poisons were ones that left almost no trace or clue as to how they entered the body. She was so grateful Kadae knew about cures for poisons.
 
“Okay, I think I can find the herbs around here.”
 
Kagome quickly ran in to the forest looking for the herbs that would be needed. When she was heading back to the clearing she felt a slight shiver travel up her spine.
 
“Why do I feel…like I'm being watched?”
 
 
A/N: I hope this chapter was good. Let me know what you think!
 
-AnimeGurlie