InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Excuse Me, Who Are You? ❯ The Trick ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Nope, still don't own InuYasha.
 
Thanks to all my reviewers!
 
----------oOo----------
 
Kagome gathered the last herb and continued walking back to the clearing.
 
`I wonder what could have wounded Sesshomaru, of all people, so badly.'
 
When she got back she noticed a small green blob behind Sesshomaru's still form. Kagome slowly approached the hunched figure and tapped it with her foot. When it still didn't move she bent over and turned it on it's back. When she saw the face she gave a small gasp.
 
“Jaken?” She whispered. Apparently he had been killed in the battle that wounded Sesshomaru.
 
Kagome quickly turned from the gruesome site and gagged. She walked back over to where Sesshomaru was leaning against his sword. When she bent down in front of him she saw that Sesshomaru's eyes were open and trained on her.
 
“Sesshomaru?”
 
He just continued to stare at her. If he hadn't blinked Kagome would have thought he was dead.
 
“Sesshomaru? Are you awake? Can you hear me?”
 
Kagome started shaking his shoulders until he frowned.
 
“Stop your insistent shrieks.”
 
“Sorry. Does your head hurt, Sesshomaru?”
 
`Sesshomaru? That sounds familiar.'
 
“How did I get here?”
 
“What? You…You don't know how you got here?”
 
“No. Do I know you? What is your name?”
“You don't know me? You don't remember me?”
 
“Should I?”
 
Kagome couldn't believe what she was hearing. “You really don't know me?”
 
“No, I don't. What is your name?”
 
“Kagome.”
 
“Kagome? And my name, is it Sesshomaru?”
 
“You can't remember your name?”
 
“No.”
 
“Yes. Your name is Sesshomaru. Do you remember anything?”
 
“I only remember a scent, but it's mostly gone now.”
 
“Do you remember what they looked like?”
 
“Agh, do you mind…if…we…continue this…conversation another time.” Sesshomaru managed to get out between breaths.
 
“Oh! I'm sorry. Here let me help you.”
 
Kagome went over to his right side and wrapped her left arm around his waist while her right one flung his right arm over her shoulder.
 
“Okay, do you think you can walk over to that tree?” Kagome motioned to the left with her head.
 
“Yes.”
 
Kagome slowly got up as Sesshomaru stood. She started walking over to the tree when she noticed his eyes were still red.
 
“Do you hurt anywhere? I mean…I can see that your eyes are infected, but is anything else bothering you?”
 
“My head.”
 
“Okay, I can help that.” Kagome helped Sesshomaru sit against the base of the tree and slid her arm out from behind Sesshomaru. Kagome walked over to where Tenseiga was thrust in the ground.
 
A pulsing sound stopped Kagome in her tracks. She looked over at Sesshomaru and noticed the sheath of the sword and the blade were pulsing in unison.
 
`Odd, I feel like…the blade is pulling me closer.'
 
Kagome walked up to the sword and pulled it out of the ground. She walked over to where Tokijin was laying and stopped in front of it.
 
`I think I'll let Sesshomaru pick that up when he's better.'
 
“Here you go Sesshomaru.” Kagome handed Tenseiga to him.
 
“Why didn't you pick up the other one?”
 
“Tokijin?”
 
“Tokijin? That's the sword's name?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“And this sword is called?”
 
“Tenseiga. I can't give you Tokijin because I can't pick it up.”
 
“It can't be that heavy.”
 
“I wouldn't know.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Tokijin's aura is too evil for me to touch. You were the only one the sword ever obeyed. It even destroyed the creator.”
 
`Was I that powerful?' Sesshomaru thought. “Am I powerful?”
 
Kagome stared at him with wide eyes and blinked her surprise. Surely he must have remembered something about himself. Right?
 
“Yes, you are very strong. Can't you remember anything about yourself?”
 
“I remember a couple of things. I know I'm a demon. You must be a human, right?”
 
“Yes that's right.”
 
“Do you know anything else about me?”
 
“Not a lot, but I know a couple things.”
 
 
“Good, then you can answer my questions.”
 
“We'll do that later. Right now I need to take care of your injuries.”
 
`This is so strange. I hope InuYasha and the others don't find out about him. InuYasha will come after him. I wonder who hurt him. They'll probably show their face again eventually.'
 
Kagome looked over to Sesshomaru and saw that he had closed his eyes and fallen asleep.
 
`Well, that should make things easier. I wonder if this is a wise idea. Eventually he'll remember everything, right? If he does then I'll be in a lot of danger.'
 
Kagome walked up to her trusty yellow bag and brought it over to him. She put her left hand behind his head and her right arm behind his shoulders and she brought his body to the ground. She gathered her herbs and a bottle of water out of her bag.
 
`Okay, next I need to grind the herbs for his eyes and then make the tea for the poison.'
 
She dug through her bag until she found her bowl and grinder. She added the correct herbs and a couple tablespoons of water in the bowl and began to grind it all together. She looked over at Sesshomaru and sighed.
 
“You owe me one.” She whispered.
 
-----------oOo----------
 
Eventually Kagome finished the medicine and had a fire blazing off to the far left. She walked over to the kettle that sat to the side being warmed by the quiet flames. Kagome poured some of the medicinal tea in a cup.
 
She turned back to the fire and took the lid off the pot that was hovering over the fire. She picked up the spoon that she had set off to the side and started stirring. Hopefully the stew would be done by the time Sesshomaru woke up.
 
“Or maybe the stew will be done before he wakes up.” Kagome said to herself. She stole a glance at the sleeping demon lord and couldn't help but wonder what he looked like when he had a peaceful sleep. Obviously that was not the case at the moment.
 
Sesshomaru hadn't stopped tossing. She had tried to wake him up, but she couldn't even nudge him out of slumber land.
 
`I might as well give it another try.'
 
Kagome walked over to him and gave his shoulders a gentle shake while repeating his name. Finally, his eyes flew open. Kagome was slightly shocked to see surprise in his eyes. She had never seen any emotion in his eyes except for boredom or slight annoyance.
 
“Sesshomaru, how do you feel?”
 
“I was feeling a lot better before you started shaking me.”
 
“Sorry, but I couldn't wake you up. You were starting to worry me.”
 
“I was?” Sesshomaru couldn't remember anything, but he was pretty sure that no one ever worried about him. Part of him was angry yet the rest of him was happy. It was nice that someone cared enough to be worried about his health.
 
“I made some medicine for your eyes and it should help with the poison. I'll apply that after you drink some tea and eat, okay?”
 
He shook his head and Kagome got up and walked over to the tea and stew.
 
“Looks like it needs to cook a little more.” Kagome mumbled to herself. She walked over and handed the tea to Sesshomaru who took it and sniffed it.
 
“No.”
 
“No, what?”
 
“I won't drink this. It smells…bitter.”
 
“It probably is, but you have to drink it.”
 
“No.”
 
“Stop being so stubborn. It's medicine. It will help stop the poison's flow.”
 
“No.”
 
“Yes, you have to.”
 
“No, I don't have to do anything. You cannot force me to drink it.”
“Oh? You don't think I can force it down your throat?”
 
“No, I don't.”
 
Kagome grabbed the tea out of his hand and poured half the cup in her mouth.
 
`What is she planning on doing?' Sesshomaru wondered as she bent down.
 
Kagome put her hands on the sides of his face and pulled his mouth to hers and put her lips over his. She could tell by his body language that he was shocked by her move and she smiled to herself. She was slightly taken back when she felt him apply a slight pressure to her lips. She hadn't expected that! His lips were warm and smooth. She thought that his lips would have been cold like his demeanor and rough.
 
Her plan was working perfectly! She slipped her tongue out from her mouth and slid it along his bottom lip. That worked out too as he open his mouth. She sighed to herself. She knew that this next move would make him mad.
 
Kagome took a deep breath and pushed the hot liquid in his waiting mouth. Sesshomaru's eyebrows started to fall forward on his face as his frowned at her actions. He hadn't expected such a low trick, but he couldn't stop it. When Kagome pulled away he began to open his mouth to spit out the vile liquid. She saw this and placed two fingers over his lips to stop the action.
 
“I know it tastes awful. I just had it in my mouth, remember? Just swallow it quickly. It will make you feel better.”
 
Sesshomaru noticed the sincerity in her voice and eyes and swallowed it. He was about to tell her that he didn't like being played, but she stood up and walked away.
 
“Here.” She handed him another cup. “It's water. I thought you might want to get the taste out of your mouth.”
 
He took the cup and drank the water before she handed him a bowl of stew.
 
“Eat this. It isn't healthy to have medicine in an empty stomach.” When he nodded his head she stood and went to get herself a bowl, too.
 
Sesshomaru wouldn't admit it to her, but he really didn't want to eat the stew or drink that damn water. It may have washed the foul taste of the medicine away, but it also washed her sweet taste as well. He was happy when she came back over to where she was before and sat next to him to eat.
 
At least her scent stayed with him.
 
----------oOo----------
 
A/N: Sorry for the long wait, but I've been busy lately. I hope this chapter made up for it. I still have to update my other stories, but I'll try getting to them tomorrow. Thanks!
 
-AnimeGurlie