InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fall Into Me ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~Hey! Long time no update! I'm taking a little break from the Yu Yu Hakusho one, so I found this in my files. Let's see how I do after how long? Heheh.~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

It had been a week since their last little concert. Inu Yasha picked at that song he had played before while Sango and Kagome talked while listening to music in the back room. Normally he wouldn't have cared, but they were playing the new CD by Kouga and the Wolves. 'Whirlwind… what a stupid name for a CD. Doesn't even have anything to do with the band.' With a small scowl, he continued to work as Miroku came out with a new red hand print on his face. "You really need to stop groping her, Miroku."

"I can't help it. Her beauty causes me to do crazy things."

"Even if I didn't know you as long as I have, I wouldn't believe that."

Shaking his head, Miroku sat beside Inu Yasha. "That a new song?"

"Yep."

"What's it called?"

"Not sure yet."

Miroku sat back and watched as his friend played out what he had written. "It sounds a bit country."

"I know."

Miroku just blinked. "You don't do country unless you have to."

"Your point?"

The pervert just shook his head. "You've change, my friend. But I think I like it."

Without looking up, Inu Yasha responded. "Sorry, I don't swing that way."

"Ha ha. Very funny."

"I thought it was." The white haired man smirked as a lyric popped into his mind. 'And I need you to know you can fall into me.' Quickly, he took his pencil and wrote it down, then took a glance over at the man looking over his shoulder. "Do you mind?"

"No, not at all."

Narrowing his eyes, Inu Yasha closed the book he was working in and stood up, book, pencil and guitar in hand. "Hey old hag. When do we stop?"

Kaede turned to him from up front. "You really need to stop calling me that. We need to get gas soon. Maybe five more minutes."

"Thanks." He glared at Miroku again and went to check up on the girls.

"Eww! Sango I can't believe you said that!"

Inu Yasha stood outside the door, not really wanting to hear what they were saying, but at the same time curious.

"Oh come on Kag. He is a bit cute."

'I wonder who they're talking about.'

"He is not!"

"Not even his clear blue eyes?"

"Well, maybe the eyes, but that's it!"

"Okay… Oh! I got one for you."

"Why am I suddenly afraid?"

Inu Yasha pushed his ear a little closer to the door which was slightly open. 'Their judging guys… I wonder who Sango is thinking of.'

"What about Inu Yasha?"

His eyes went wide at that one before he narrowed them. 'Sango! Sleep with one eye open.'

There was a long silence before Kagome answered. "Well…"

"Come on. Be honest now."

"Okay, fine. I think he's very very cute. Satisfied?"

A blush spread across his face as his eyes went wide. 'She thinks I'm cute?'

"What do you think of him?"

'Maybe I shouldn't listen to this.' With that, he cleared his throat and knocked on the door. He heard both girl jump with surprise as one got up to answer it. "Inu Yasha! Wh-what are you doing here?"

He looked at her. "Just came to check up on you two. Kaede said we're gonna be stopping soon for a bit. What are you and Sango up to?"

"N-nothing. Nothing at all. Just listening to some music."

"If you could call it that. Well, I'll head back up there and leave you girls to chat."

"Okay. We'll be up there soon."

Kagome smiled as she watched him head to the front of the bus before closing the door. She turned to glare at her best friend who was trying so hard not to laugh. "Shut up if you know what's good for you."

Sango couldn't help it. "I had no idea he was there! Oh Kami…" With that she was rolling on the floor laughing. Kagome just sighed. 'I wonder how much he heard.'

~

Miroku smiled as Inu Yasha came back to the front. "So, what are they doing back there?"

"Deciding if they were about to die, would they let you grope them." The hentai's eyes shot open as he stared at his friend. Inu Yasha smirked. "They said they'd rather kill themselves faster then do that."

Miroku put a hand over his heart and pretended to get shot. "Ouch. That hurts."

The bus then stopped and everyone left it for some walking time. Inu Yasha spotted a small area nearby, so he took his guitar and book over there and sat down under a tall tree. He began working on the chorus yet again. 'And I need you to know you can fall into me. That my arms are wide open and will always be. Right here waiting, staying strong, come and fall into me.'

Nodding, he quickly wrote the lyrics down when a shadow formed above him. "Hey. Mind if I join you?"

Recognizing the voice, he quickly closed the book and looked up. "Sure."

Kagome smiled and sat beside him, looking off in the distance. "Working on that song again?"

After nodding, Inu Yasha looked over at her. She seemed to have something on her mind. "Something you want to talk about?"

Without turning to him, she replied. "I'm just wondering what she has that I don't."

His head snapped up to look at her fully. "Don't think that at all. She's nothing compared to you."

A smile spread across her face. "Thanks, but you're only saying that because you're my friend."

"Not true. You see, that girl he was with is my ex-girlfriend."

At this, Kagome turned to look at him. "You serious?"

He nodded. "Sadly. Her name is Kikyo. When I met her, she was a night club waitress. At that point, she had a nice smile and a wonderful personality. When we started dating, I found out she also had a very cold side. She had dreams of becoming a singer and figured if she could date a guitar player, she would eventually launch her own career. She was a great singer though. Basically she used me and cheated what she thought was behind my back. I knew. Kikyo tried to place herself next to people who had already made names for themselves and could stick with a band for more then a few months. It's one reason I can't stand Naraku. I caught them together one night. You don't want to know what they were doing. We broke up the next night. After about a month or two, I got over it completely. I hold no hatred or malice to her. In fact, I wish her luck with her life. I know what she used to be like, but her dreams and ambitions were clouded. It is sad though. I only dislike her because she causes you pain now. And to put out that thought completely from your mind, you are a much better person then she is. You don't use people and are, I think anyway, very outgoing and friendly. She gave everyone the cold shoulder unless they had what she wanted. Her eyes hold no emotion while yours sparkle with life."

At this point, they were staring into each other's eyes. Inu Yasha couldn't help but be drawn to her, to her lips he had tasted once before. As he came closer to her, Sango shouted over to them. "Hey! Did you see that?!?"

The pair separated and quickly moved to where she was, both blushing while thinking of what might have happened. "What is it Sango?"

"Look over there at that… thing." All looked over and saw this short fat guy with that wonderful mop-like hair standing by a soda machine.

Inu Yasha raised an eyebrow. "What is he doing?"

"Listen!"

The gang all watched the… guy. "It's okay. Just take it nice and easy. I know you can do."

Kagome leaned over to Inu Yasha. "Is he talking to the machine?" All he could do was nod.

"You can do it. Don't doubt yourself like that. You're the best. No one is better then you, despite what they say about your looks. They're all just jealous. They all want what you have. Don't give up on me."

*Sweatdrop*

Miroku looked at Sango. "Is he giving the machine a pep talk or himself?"

"I don't think I want to know."

Suddenly, a blond and brunette came out of the store that always comes with a gas station and stared at him. Sighing, they both reached into their bags. The brunette brought out rope while the blond took out something shiny. The man looked at them and screamed like a little little girl. "NO! KEEP THOSE AWAY FROM ME!!!" With that, he ran to the back of the store while they chased after him.

"GET BACK HERE! THAT MOP NEEDS TO GO!"

The man came running around the building. "DIDN'T YOUR MOTHER EVER TELL YOU NOT TO RUN WITH SCISSORS?!?"

The girls continued after him. The blonde replied, "IF YOU STOPPED RUNNING, I WOULDN'T HAVE TO, BAKA!"

The girls stopped running as the idiot came back around the building. The brunette pounced on him, tying him up while the blond went straight for the hair. "DIE EVIL MOP!!!"

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! NOT THE HAIR!!!!! ANYTHING BUT THE HAIR!!!! GAHHH!!!!!!"

*Sweatdrop*

The gang all shook their hands and went back on the bus as the fat man was being attacked. "Maybe we should ask them if they need any help."

Sango glared at him. "Don't even THINK of going near those poor girls. They have enough to deal with then having you grope them." She suddenly thought for a minute. "On second thought, go ahead. They have scissors. Imagine the damage they could cause."

After the mental images flashed through his head, Miroku sweatdropped and boarded the bus, the rest right behind him.

~

The phone rang about two hours after they were on the road. The gang didn't bother themselves with it for Kaede was in charge of the phone. Who the heck would call them anyway?

Inu Yasha kept working on his song, adding new parts to it. Kagome was resting on the couch. 'She sure gets tired easily.' Sango came from the back and looked at the girl on the couch. "It's because she stays up a lot at night. The nightmares won't go away."

"What did he do to her?"

Sango looked at him fully. "I can't tell you that. Only she can. Just let her rest."

Kaede came into their area and sighed. "It seems they need an opening band for Kouga and the Wolves. The gig is tomorrow night. Think we can get two songs by then?"

They both looked over at Kagome then back at the elder woman. "We can try."

Kaede looked at the young girl sleeping on the couch. "We may have to have one of you sing instead. Are you prepared to do that?"

Sango nodded while Inu Yasha looked back over at Kagome. Worry was sketched all over his face for the girl. Sango noticed, but chose not to say anything. "We'll be ready Kaede. Don't worry."

The elder woman nodded and went back to her work. Sango took one last look at Inu Yasha and Kagome before she left to talk to Miroku.

'Cuz loving him you lost too much of yourself.' Inu Yasha frowned as he looked at her. 'She gets nightmares every night. That bastard. What did he do to you, Kagome?'

~

Finally they reached the town where the concert was to be held. They all headed to the rehearsal area and began to practice. Kagome had gotten up by then and was listening to the group practice. For some reason, she was very quiet and looked as if something was on her mind.

When they took a break, Kagome was seen walking away. Inu Yasha looked at the others, then headed after her. His journey ended at a nearby park where he found her sitting on a bench. Coming up behind her, he looked down to see her usual cheerful face so sad. "What's wrong?"

Kagome looked up at him with glassy eyes, as if she were about to cry. "Nothing."

"You're not very good at lying."

"Never a strong suit of mine. I don't want to talk about it."

Inu Yasha nodded. "You don't have to talk. Would you prefer to be alone?"

All she could do was shake her head. He sat down beside her, looking her over. 'Something in her dream really shook her up. I won't force her.' A tear suddenly fell from her eyes. Instinctively, he reached up and wiped it away. More tears began to fall. Inu Yasha pulled Kagome into him, letting her cry on his shoulder. "Let it all out, Kagome. Just let it all out." With that said, the girl in his arms didn't hold back anymore. The dam was released and a flood of tears let loose. All her pent up emotions overflowed as she cried into him. Her grip on his arm was as if she were afraid he would leave.

He hated this. Inu Yasha hated seeing her cry this much. It was tearing him apart inside, knowing he couldn't do anything to take away her pain. He wanted to so much. All he could do was let her cry.

The raven haired woman in his arms slowly began to stop her tears as she placed her head on his shoulder. "Arigatou, Inu Yasha. I really needed to do that for some time now."

"Anytime, Kagome."

After a few moments, the girl began to speak. "It was the first time he hit me. I could feel every hit from him all over again. I don't even remember what caused it. He just slapped my face. I was too shocked to react, but he wasn't finished. This was when were back home. He was in my apartment. He threw me on my bed and tried to tear my clothes off. I wasn't ready to do… that, so I told him so. He just kept shouting at me and hitting me, saying I wasn't going to get any better so be happy with what I was going to get. I kept fighting and eventually he gave up, after slapping me around a few more times. I had told Sango the next day I had fallen down the stairs. She suspected something, but never found proof. I was usually able to cover it up. Make up really is a wonderful thing."

Inu Yasha tighten his hold on her a bit. "Did he ever… force himself on you completely?"

She shook her head, a sigh of relief escaped his lips. "But he did try constantly until one day, he just kept hitting me instead. He was cursing me out, but he didn't try more then that. I knew then he had found someone else. I wasn't able to find him for days and when I did see him, he was cold and distant. Then, when I saw her that night, it all made sense. I'm not saying she let him go all the way with her, but she probably makes him happy, something I couldn't do which is why I was hit. I wasn't good enough."

"Stop. Kagome, never think that. He was the fool to even lay a hand on you. You were too good for him. He knew that and tried to break your spirit instead. I promise you, Kagome, he won't hurt you anymore. I won't let him." To his surprise, he meant that more then anything in his life. He wanted to protect her from everything, never wanted to see her cry again.

She looked up and smiled at him. "Arigatou." 'I've… never felt this safe before. Inu Yasha isn't like Hojo at all.'

Eventually, they headed back to the bus, after Kagome had collected herself. 'I actually feel a great weight lifted from my shoulders. Thank you, Inu Yasha. You've helped more then you know.'

~

The night came as the group stepped on stage. Kagome flashed a radiant smile as she greeted the crowd. "Let's get this started up!" The band began to play as Kagome come on with vocals.

When I, thought I knew you
Thinking, that you were true
I guess I, I couldn't trust
'Cause your bluff time is up
'Cause I've had enough
You were, there by my side
Always, down for the ride
But your, joy ride just came down in flames
'Cause your greed sold me out of shame, mmhmm

After all of the stealing and cheating
You probably think that I hold resentment for you
But, uh uh, oh no, you're wrong
'Cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do
I wouldn't know just how capable I am to pull through
So I wanna say thank you

'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

Oh, ohh

Never, saw it coming
All of, your backstabbing
Just so, you could cash in
On a good thing before I realized your game
I heard, you're going around
Playing, the victim now
But don't, even begin
Feeling I'm the one to blame
'Cause you dug your own grave, uh huh

After all of the fights and the lies
Yes you wanted to harm me but that won't work anymore
Uh, no more, oh no, it's over
'Cause if it wasn't for all of your torture
I wouldn't know how to be this way now, and never back down
So I wanna say thank you

'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
Makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
It makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

The crowd was on their feet when they finished. Kagome smiled, thanked them and signaled for the gang to start up. "Thank you. We hope you enjoy your show tonight. We're Shikon no Tama!"

Kagome turned to Inu Yasha and smiled, calming his nerves he didn't even know he had. At her signal, he began with their remix version of the song Kagome liked so much. She turned back to the audience and began her song.

Rock bottom, oh yeah!

I got a new life

You would hardly recognize me

I'm so glad

How can a person like me care for you?

Why do I bother

When you're not the one for me?

Oo-oo oo oo-oo

Is enough, enough?

I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes

I saw the sign

Life is demanding without understanding

I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes

I saw the sign

No-one's gonna drag you up

To get into the light where you belong

cause where do you belong?

Under the pale moon

For so many years, I've wondered

Who you are

How could a person like you bring me joy?

Under the pale moon

Where I see a lot of stars

Oo-oo oo oo-oo

Is enough, enough?

I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes

I saw the sign

Life is demanding without understanding

I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes

I saw the sign

No-one's gonna drag you up

To get into the light where you belong

cause where do you belong?

Oh, oh, oh-oh

I saw the sign and it opened up my mind

And I am happy now livin' without you

I've left you

Oh, oh, oh-oh

I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes

I saw the sign

No-one's gonna drag you up

To get into the light where you belong

I saw the sign, I saw the sign

I saw the sign

I saw the sign, I saw the sign

I saw the sign, I saw the sign

I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes

I saw the sign

The crowd jumped up and applauded like crazy. She smiled and looked off stage. The stage manager signaled Kouga and his band wasn't ready yet and made a move to fill up the time. She turned to the crew and looked at Inu Yasha. "Are you ready?"

Taking a deep breath, he nodded and went over to the mic as Kagome picked up a guitar. All of the crowd had their eyes on him as he began to play. Finally the lyrics began to pop out.

Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
Tired of living like a blind man
I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling
And this is how you remind me
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am

It's not like you to say sorry
I was waiting on a different story
This time I'm mistaken
for handing you a heart worth breaking
and I've been wrong, I've been down,
to the bottom of every bottle
these five words in my head
scream "are we having fun yet?"

yet, yet, yet, no, no
yet, yet, yet, no, no

It's not like you didn't know that
I said I love you and I swear I still do
And it must have been so bad
Cause living with me must have damn near killed you

And this is how, you remind me
Of what I really am
This is how, you remind me
Of what I really am

It's not like you to say sorry
I was waiting on a different story
This time I'm mistaken
for handing you a heart worth breaking
and I've been wrong, I've been down,
to the bottom of every bottle
these five words in my head
scream "are we having fun yet?"

yet, yet, yet, no, no
yet, yet, yet, no, no
yet, yet, yet, no, no
yet, yet, yet, no, no

Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
And this is how you remind me
This is how you remind me
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am
This is how you remind me
Of what I really am

It's not like you to say sorry
I was waiting on a different story
This time I'm mistaken
for handing you a heart worth breaking
and I've been wrong, I've been down,
to the bottom of every bottle
these five words in my head
scream "are we having fun yet?"
yet, yet
are we having fun yet

Are we having fun yet

Are we having fun yet

The crowd went wild, jumping up in their seats. They were amazed at the group before them who just smiled and bowed. Kagome smiled broadly at Inu Yasha, who was smiling as well. That was a completely new experience for him and it took his breath away. He had no idea just what it was like.

Quickly, they ran offstage and the rush was still there as usual. Kagome turned to him. "So, how was it?"

"Amazing. I never knew it felt like that."

Her smile widened. "Now you know what I go through. But, the flip side is now you'll be in higher demand to sing. You might become the new lead singer instead of me." A hint of teasing was in her eyes as he laughed.

"I doubt that. No one could replace you Kagome." In his mind, he meant that in more then one way, which he saw she knew.

The gang then headed back to the bus, not before Kagome got stopped. "Kouga?"

There he stood in his concert attire, smiling down at her. "Hey Kagome. Nice songs tonight. A bit different then usual that last two. Maybe we could team up sometime."

Raising one eyebrow, Kagome pulled her arm away from him. "Perhaps. Maybe for a song or two."

"Or something more serious, perhaps." He smiled as he headed to the stage. Before stepping out, he turned to her. "Hey Kagome. This one's for you." With that, he went onstage and grabbed the mic. The band began as he sang out to the crowd… and to her.

One way, or another, I'm gonna find ya,

I'm gonna get ya get ya get ya get ya

One way or another, I'm gonna win ya

I'm gonna get ya get ya get ya get ya

One way, or another, I'm gonna see ya

I'm gonna meet ya meet ya meet ya meet ya

One day, maybe next week,

I'm gonna meet ya, I'm gonna meet ya, I'll meet ya

I will drive past your house

And if the lights are all down

I'll see you around

One way, or another I'm gonna find ya,

I'm gonna get ya get ya get ya get ya

One way, or another I'm gonna win ya,

I'll get ya, I'll get ya

One way, or another, I'm gonna see ya,

I'm gonna meet ya meet ya meet ya meet ya

One day maybe next week, I'm gonna meet ya, I'll meet ya

And if the lights are all out

I'll follow your boys downtown

See who's hanging round

One way or another I'm gonna lose ya

I'm gonna give you the slip

Or slip of the hip for another

I'm gonna lose ya, I'm gonna trick ya, I'll trick ya

One way, or another, I'm gonna lose ya,

I wanna trick ya trick ya trick ya trick ya

One way, or another, I'm gonna lose ya,

I'm gonna give you the slip

I walked down the hall stand on the bottom wall

Where I can see it all, find out who you are

Lead you to the supermarket checkout

Specials are a wrap you get lost in the crowd

One way or another, I wanna get ya, I'll get ya,

I'll get ya get ya get ya get ya

One way or another, I wanna get ya,

I'll get ya, I'll get ya get ya get ya get ya

One way or another, I wanna get ya,

I'll get ya, I'll get ya get ya get ya get ya

One way or another, I wanna get ya,

I'll get ya, I'll get ya get ya get ya get ya

One way or another, I wanna get ya,

I'll get ya, I'll get ya get ya get ya get ya

The crowd applauded with less enthusiasm as they had during the Shikon no Tama's performance, but Kagome stood there with a somewhat frightened look on her face.

*Sweatdrop*

'Is this guy for real?'

~

Inu Yasha had come to get Kagome after he noticed she wasn't walking with them. What he didn't expect was to see her talking with that Wolf guy. He had her arm in his hand, causing our dear little Inu to see red, but he calmed a bit when she took her arm away. Inu Yasha couldn't help but overhear part of their conversation.

"Perhaps. Maybe for a song or two."

"Or something more serious, perhaps." Kouga smiled at her as he headed to the stage. Before stepping out, he turned to her. "Hey Kagome. This one's for you."

Ooooh, Inu didn't like that. He stepped forward a bit, then heard what song he was singing. 'That's not even original! So pathetic.' He watched Kagome as her expression got more fearful with each note. 'Well, I know she's not into him. That's good.'

When the song ended, he went right up behind her. "So, that was… something I guess."

"How long have you been here?"

"Since he said it was for you. I wouldn't be too proud of that fact especially with that song."

Kagome smiled and turned to him. "Yeah. The guy's rather creepy, but a good voice."

"If you say so. Ready to go?"

"Hai." With that, they left together to see the rest of the gang. They all then boarded the bus and headed to whatever lay ahead.

~*~Well, that was something. Haven't worked on this in a long time. Did 95% of it in a day, and finished between classes. Coolness. Songs used: Fighter by Christina Agularia, The Sign by Ace of Base, How You Remind Me by Nickleback, and finally I'm Gonna Get Ya by Blondie. Well, REVIEW DAMN IT!!!!!! Umm, I mean…. Yeah… *Sweatdrop* Ja ne!~*~