InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fall Into Me ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~A new idea for this came into my mind today. So let me write down before I forget.~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Inu Yasha was relaxing in the back room with his guitar, Miroku and Shippou in another while Sango and Kagome were in the living room area. "So basically Kouga sang that song for you? What a psycho."

"Tell me about it. After that, I didn't really feel like sticking around. He may have a great voice, but that's all he's got." Kagome shivered as she remembered what happened. Granted, it was only about three hours ago, but it was still giving her the chills.

Sango smiled. "I bet if it was someone else, you'd like it."

Raising one eyebrow, Kagome looked over her friend. "What do you mean someone else?"

"I think you know what I mean."

After blinking a few times, Kagome stared at her. "Sango, if I knew what you meant, I wouldn't ask."

*Sweatdrop*

"Umm... good point. What I mean is I think you'd like the song much better if a certain white haired man played it for you. Get my hint now?" Sango nudged the raven haired girl next to her whose eyes began to widen as a blush formed on her face.

"That is so not funny, Sango!"

"Yet, you don't deny it." She chuckled as she watched her friend's face turn very red. 'Looks like I do have to play matchmaker.'

"What's going on?"

Both girls turned and sighed. "Nothing Miroku. I though you were with Shippou."

The man with the short pony tail sat down beside Sango, who didn't look too thrilled with that. "I was, but there are only so many times I'll let him win as Backgammon."

"How many times did he beat you?"

"Fifty-five. Hey, wait a minute!" Both girls burst out laughing at the poor idiot. "That really is sad, Miroku."

He glared at Sango. "You have no right to talk. You can't beat him either."

Sango smirked. "See, I'm smart enough to quit after maybe twenty games. Baka."

Kagome looked at her two friends and smiled. "I don't see what's so hard about it. I've beaten him."

Both of them stared at her with wide eyes. "I didn't know you knew how to play, Kag."

"There's a lot you don't know about me." With a wink, she smiled and sat back. Shippou soon came out with Inu Yasha a bit behind him.

"Kagome, Inu Yasha doesn't want to play against me."

When she looked at him curiously, Inu Yasha just smirked. "Keh, I didn't want the little thing to cry when I beat him like last time."

The kid glared at the taller man. "I told you! Something got into my eyes!"

*Sweatdrop*

Kagome laughed at the poor little fifteen year old. "I don't know, Inu Yasha. I think I could take you down in a game."

"Oh really? You think so?" He smirked as he looked at her. She nodded and at that Shippou wiped out the game out of nowhere.

"Umm, Shippou… where…?"

"Just play already!"

Inu Yasha sat across from Kagome and smirked again. "Promise not to cry when I beat you?"

"I was just going to say the same to you." They both smirked and the game began.

~15 minutes later~

"No way did you just roll double 6's!"

Kagome laughed as she took her final pieces off the board. "I win!"

Grumbling, Inu Yasha began to set up the board again. "You just got lucky. Best two out of three."

The raven haired girl just smiled, making his heart skip a beat. 'Baka! Get over it. She doesn't like you like that. Just a friend.' He finished the set up, but got up. "I need something to drink. Want anything Kagome?"

She sat back. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were stalling."

"Just giving you your last moments of victory. It will soon be over." He smirked as he grabbed an extra coke for her out of the frig.

"Ha ha. Come over here and sit down."

Suddenly, Inu Yasha fell flat on his face as Shippou ran out of the back room. "Watch where you're going, runt!"

The boy turned around. "Oh, sorry Inu Yasha. Didn't see you there."

"How can you not see me when I'm right in front of you?!?" Inu Yasha's anger was dissipating as he heard sweet laughter coming from Kagome, tears in her eyes from laughing so hard. He just smirked as he got up. An evil look entered his eyes. "Think that's funny, Kagome?"

The raven haired girl looked up at him still smiling. "Yeah I do. Got a problem with that?"

Shaking his head, the white haired man walked over to her. "Not at all. Just gives me a reason to get back at you. How hard do you really want to laugh?"

After raising an eyebrow, Kagome finally saw that look in his eyes. "What are you…"

Without a second thought, Inu Yasha was tickling her, making her laugh even more then before. A smile burst onto his lips as he heard her sweet laugh ring in his ears. Tears started pouring down her face as Inu Yasha continued to tickle her. "Surrender yet?"

"Ha ha ha.. Never…"

"Okay then." With that, he increased the tickling torture. Kagome's sides were killing her from laughing so hard. "Inu… hahaha…st-stop… hahaha."

"Only if you surrender." He smirked at her as he let up a bit. That was her chance. Without a second thought, Kagome flipped them so she was on top of him, grinning down. "Well, this looks interesting. Let's see if Inu Yasha is ticklish, shall we?"

"I would advise against that."

With humor in her deep brown eyes, Kagome lowered her face so it was mere inches away from his, a smile on her face. "What are you going to do about it?"

Suddenly, the bus hit a bump, causing Kagome to loose whatever balance she had and to fall forward. Shock hit both their faces as they realized what position they were in. Their lips had connected, a soft and tender kiss. Both faces got a bright red color, but they were too shocked to move. Ever so slowly though, both started to close their eyes and lean into it a bit more…

*SLAP* "HENTAI!!!!"

At that moment, both pairs of eyes snapped open and Kagome practically jumped off of him. Her face was very red while Inu Yasha looked like a tomato. Both looked everywhere but at each other, not brave enough to look at the other. Finally, Kagome stood up and quickly left the room, Inu Yasha watching her leave. Closing his eyes and shaking his head, he smacked himself in the forehead. 'You Baka!!!! Look what you did! Now things are going to be extremely weird. Baka!'

Sighing, he got up and went to find where Kagome had gone. At least he would have if Miroku didn't come out at that moment. "Hey, you know why Kagome rushed off?"

With a quick shake of the head, Inu Yasha walked past him to find the raven haired siren. To his disappointment, he went to her door and found it locked. After knocking and receiving no answer, Inu Yasha went back into the living room area and plopped down. 'Maybe I'll talk to her when we stop. We need to talk soon. But what the heck am I going to say to her? Maybe it's a good thing I can't talk to her now.' Taking a deep breath, he picked up his guitar as a lyric suddenly jumped into his head. 'Baby can't you see. That he's not me.' Quickly writing it down, he turned his head and just stared in the direction of her door. 'Oh Kagome… What have I done?'

~A few hours later~

The bus had pulled over to a gas station to fill up while the gang went to stretch their legs. Sango walked off to get away from Miroku, which he got the hint of only after she slapped him repeatedly and screamed at him to leave her alone for at least five minutes. Miroku then went towards the restaurant next door to see what they had. Shippou and Kaede went off somewhere, probably talking about the next gig. Inu Yasha was looking around for Kagome who seemed to have disappeared from the bus.

'Where could she have gone?' Sighing, Inu Yasha looked around and finally picked up her jasmine scent. Following his nose, the amber eyed man soon found the one he had been searching for. Not too far from the gas station was a small park with a pond. Sitting at the water's edge was the raven haired beauty with an unreadable emotion on her face. Taking a deep breath, Inu Yasha gathered his courage and approached her. "Kagome?"

The said girl looked up at him and then quickly looked down. "What is it Inu Yasha?"

Sitting down next to her, he looked at her fully. "I think we need to talk… about what happened."

Without looking at him, Kagome replied in a very cold and distant voice, "There's nothing to talk about."

"I think there is, especially since you've closed yourself off like this…"

"Just drop it Inu Yasha."

A frown appeared on his face as his eyebrows came together. Realization hit him at that moment. "That was your first kiss since… him, wasn't it?"

"I said drop it!"

That just confirmed something for the man. "After all this, you still love him. That kiss you felt you were betraying him.

That got her attention. Cold eyes were sent directly his way. "Excuse me? I'll have you know that bastard means nothing to me. I don't need someone in my life to screw it all up for me now. I will not let myself be fooled again by some guy's so called sweet talk. I fell for it once, but never again. Now just back off!"

Now that was unexpected. Shaking his head, Inu Yasha tried to find some words to say to her. "Kagome, I'm not trying to fool you. I'm not like Hojo. I thought you would have known that by now."

The raven haired girl looked out to the pond. "It's all the same. All lies. Just leave me alone, Inu Yasha. I just can't…"

Nodding, he got up and left her to her thoughts. Of course he knew she'd be upset with what happened, but that coldness… Just thinking of it again made him shiver. Inu Yasha knew he cared for Kagome, that he was sure of. Now he just had to let her figure things out on her own.

Looking back towards the pond, he saw Kagome put her hand to her forehead as well as cough slightly. Slowly she was rising to her feet, but for some reason was stumbling. Concern washed over him. 'What's wrong, Kagome? What are you hiding?'

Suddenly, he heard Sango cry out to them. He went over to see what she was looking at. Her mouth was wide open and all she could do was point. There, not too far away, was that fat, I mean horizontally challenged, mop-head again! And for some odd reason, he was getting attacked by squirrels!

"GAHHH!!! GET AWAY FROM ME YOU EVIL BALLS OF FUR!!"

The squirrels began to encircle him and on some odd signal, all pounced at once at him. The boy went down very quickly as his painful cries were heard all over.

*Sweatdrop*

Sango turned to Inu Yasha who just looked at her. Without a word, they both turned and headed back to the bus, leaving the mop to cry in pain. "I PROMISE I GAVE BACK ALL THE NUTS! AND I DO BRAKE FOR YOU ALL ON THE ROAD! DON'T EAT ME!!! GAHHHH!!!!

~

Kaede had gotten a phone call about a new group that had their opening act cancel last minute, so the gang volunteered to help out. Inu Yasha had been keeping an eye on Kagome all day, much to her annoyance. But it wasn't just him she was pushing away. Sango figured she was just in a bad mood, so she let her best friend be for the time being. She knew Kagome would eventually want to talk. No point in forcing her. Miroku was "forcefully hinted" by Sango to stay away from Kagome.

Now they were at the concert area. Kagome walked on stage smiling to the crowd. "How we all doing tonight?" A huge roar of the crowd was all she needed. "Alright! We're Shikon no Tama. Hope you enjoy yourselves tonight! Let's get this party started!" Kagome turned to the gang and nodded. Sango grabbed her mic a bit closer as Miroku counted off the beats.

Lucy Liu... with my girl, Drew... Cameron D. and Destiny
Charlie's Angels, Come on
Uh uh uh

Question: Tell me what you think about me
I buy my own diamonds and I buy my own rings
Only ring your cell-y when I'm feelin lonely
When it's all over please get up and leave
Question: Tell me how you feel about this
Try to control me boy you get dismissed
Pay my own fun, oh and I pay my own bills
Always 50/50 in relationships

The shoes on my feet
I've bought it
The clothes I'm wearing
I've bought it
The rock I'm rockin'
'Cause I depend on me
If I wanted the watch you're wearin'
I'll buy it
The house I live in
I've bought it
The car I'm driving
I've bought it
I depend on me
(I depend on me)

All the women who are independent
Throw your hands up at me
All the honeys who makin' money
Throw your hands up at me
All the mommas who profit dollas
Throw your hands up at me
All the ladies who truly feel me
Throw your hands up at me

Girl I didn't know you could get down like that
Charlie, how your Angels get down like that
Girl I didn't know you could get down like that
Charlie, how your Angels get down like that

Tell me how you feel about this
Who would I want if I would wanna live
I worked hard and sacrificed to get what I get
Ladies, it ain't easy bein' independent
Question: How'd you like this knowledge that I brought
Braggin' on that cash that he gave you is to front
If you're gonna brag make sure it's your money you flaunt
Depend on noone else to give you what you want

The shoes on my feet
I've bought it
The clothes I'm wearing
I've bought it
The rock I'm rockin'
'Cause I depend on me
If I wanted the watch you're wearin'
I'll buy it
The house I live in
I've bought it
The car I'm driving
I've bought it
I depend on me
(I depend on me)

All the women who are independent
Throw your hands up at me
All the honeys who makin' money
Throw your hands up at me
All the mommas who profit dollas
Throw your hands up at me
All the ladies who truly feel me
Throw your hands up at me

Girl I didn't know you could get down like that
Charlie, how your Angels get down like that
Girl I didn't know you could get down like that
Charlie, how your Angels get down like that

Destiny's Child
Wassup?
You in the house?
Sure 'nuff
We'll break these people off Angel style

Child of Destiny
Independent beauty
Noone else can scare me
Charlie's Angels

Woah
All the women who are independent
Throw your hands up at me
All the honeys who makin' money
Throw your hands up at me
All the mommas who profit dollas
Throw your hands up at me
All the ladies who truly feel me
Throw your hands up at me

Girl I didn't know you could get down like that
Charlie, how your Angels get down like that

Girl I didn't know you could get down like that
Charlie, how your Angels get down like that

Girl I didn't know you could get down like that
Charlie, how your Angels get down like that"

Applause filled the entire area as Kagome finished. A smile was their reward as she thanked them. "Thank you. That was 'Independent Women.' This next one is called 'Miss Independent.' I hope you enjoy it."

Inu Yasha began with Miroku coming in as well.

"Miss independent

Miss self-sufficient

Miss keep your distance

Miss unafraid

Miss out of my way

Miss don't let a man interfere, no

Miss on her own

Miss almost grown

Miss never let a man help her off her throne

So, by keeping her heart protected

She'd never ever feel rejected

Little miss apprehensive

Said ooh, she fell in love

"What is this feelin' takin' over?

Thinkin' no one could open the door

Surprise...It's time

To feel what's real

What happened to Miss Independent?

No more the need to be defensive

Goodbye, old you

When love is true

"Misguided heart

Miss play it smart

Miss if you want to use that line you better not start, no

But she miscalculated

She didn't want to end up jaded

And this miss decided not to miss out on true love

So, by changing her misconceptions

She went in a new direction

And found inside she felt a connection

She fell in love.

"What is this feelin' takin' over?

Thinkin' no one could open the door (open the door)

Surprise...It's time (yeah)

To feel what's real

What happened to Miss Independent?

No more the need to be defensive

Goodbye (goodbye), old you (oh you)

When love, when love is true

"When Miss Independence walked away

No time for love that came her way

She looked in the mirror and thought today

What happened to miss no longer afraid?

It took some time for her to see

How beautiful love could truly be

No more talk of why can't that be me

I'm so glad I finally see...

"What is this feelin' takin' over?

Thinkin' no one could open my door

Surprise (surprise), it's time (yeah)

To feel (to feel) what's real

What happened to Miss Independent?

No more the need to be defensive

Goodbye (goodbye), old you

When love, when love is true...

"Miss Independent"

The audience clapped and screamed their heads off for this great band. "Thank you so much! This will be our last song, so enjoy the rest of your night!"

Kagome turned to Sango and took a quick look at Inu Yasha. She got a nod from all of them, so she began.

"Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!"

The band came in and soon the crowd was on their feet dancing around.

"Always been told that I've got too much to ride on.

Too independent to have you by my side

Then my heart said all of you will see

Just holding for someone until they're made for me

"Never thought I would find love so sweet

Never thought I would meet someone like you

Well now I found you and I tell you no lie

This love I got for you could take me round the world

Now show me love

"Show me love

Show me life

Baby show me what it's all about

You're the one that I ever needed

Show me love and what it's all about

Alright

"Don't miss this love I wanna give to you

Tell me what you got, show me what you can do

Show me love, show me everything

I know you got potential

So baby let me in and show me love

"Show me love (Oh show me)

Show me life (Show me life)

Baby show me what it's all about (Me what it's all about)

You're the one that I ever needed

Show me love and what it's all about

Alright

"Show me love baby

Show me everything you got and show me life

Show me love baby

Show me everything and what it's all about

You're the one, the only one I ever needed

Show me love and what it's all about

Alright

"I love you, I miss you

I'll make sure everything will be alright

I'll give you my heart if you just show me love

Everyday and every night

"Show me love (yeah yeah)

Show me life (alright)

Baby show me what it's all about (me what it's all about)

You're the one that I ever needed (show me love)

Show me love and what it's all about (yeah yeah yeah)

Alright

"Show me love (Oh oh oh)

Show me life (Alright)

Baby show me what it's all about

You're the one that I ever needed

Show me love and what it's all about

Alright."

The crowd went wild, leaving the group so very proud of their work. "Thank you all so much!"

"Kagome."

The girl turned to Sango with a confused look on her face. "The other band isn't ready. You got another one left in you?"

Kagome looked over to the rest of them and when her eyes landed on a certain guitar player, the song popped into her head. She nodded at Sango and held up two fingers. Miroku saw and nodded, mouthing the song title to Inu Yasha and Shippou. Kagome went back to the mic. "It seems the band is being held up a bit. You ready for one more?" The crowd went wild as Kagome smiled. "Alright! Here we go!"

Sango started to play as Kagome thought over the words and also a certain male. She took the mic in hand and began.

"How can you see into my eyes
Like open doors
Leading you down into my core
Where I've become so numb

"Without a soul
My spirit's sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home"

Inu Yasha stepped up to the mic and sang the male part. (A/N: the part in [ ] is Inu Yasha)

"[Wake me up] Wake me up inside
[I can't wake up] Wake me up inside
[Save me] Call my name and save me from the dark
[Wake me up] Bid my blood to run
[I can't wake up] Before I come undone
[Save me] Save me from the nothing I've become

"Now that I know what I'm without
You can't just leave me
Breathe into me, and make me real (make me real)
Bring me to life

"[Wake me up] Wake me up inside
[I can't wake up] Wake me up inside
[Save me] Call my name and save me from the dark
[Wake me up] Bid my blood to run
[I can't wake up] Before I come undone
[Save me] Save me from the nothing I've become
Bring me to life

"[I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside]
(Bring me to life)

"Frozen inside without your touch
Without your love, darling
Only you are the life among the dead

"[All that's inside, I can't believe I couldn't see
Kept in the dark, but you were there in front of me]

"I've been sleeping a thousand years, it seems
Got to open my eyes to everything

"[Without a thought, without a voice, without a soul]
(Both:)Don't let me die here
[There must be something more]

Bring me to life

"[Wake me up] Wake me up inside
[I can't wake up] Wake me up inside
[Save me] Call my name and save me from the dark

[Wake me up] Bid my blood to run
[I can't wake up] Before I come undone
[Save me] Save me from the nothing I've become
Bring me to life

"[I've been living a lie]
(Bring me To Life)
[There's nothing inside]

"Bring me to life."

The sound the audience's reaction was deafening as hands came together and cheers escaped everyone's mouths. Everyone bowed and left the stage, making room for the real performers who were finally ready.

Sango smiled. "I'm definitely getting used to this."

Their small celebration was getting planned while Kagome went off to the side a bit, a hand on her forehead. Slowly, she made her way outside the building and took a deep breath of the cool air that hit her face. Taking a quick look behind her to make sure no one was around, Kagome let loose a series of coughs she had been holding in for awhile. After several moments, the coughing ceased and she brought her hand up to her now dried out throat.

"That doesn't sound too good." Whirling around, Kagome came face to face with Inu Yasha.

"What?"

He came forward and right up to her, looking her over. "The others are watching part of the show. How long have you been sick, Kagome?"

Shaking her head, she moved to get around him. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Oh, he was not going to let her get away this time. "That cough sounds real bad. Dizzy spells getting worse and worse?"

"I just came for some air. That a crime now?"

"Why are you pushing yourself so much, Kagome? You're just going to get hurt."

After taking a deep breath, Kagome turned on her heals and went face to face with the amber eyed man. "Listen up, Inu Yasha and listen good. I am a big girl now and can take care of myself. I don't need you to watch over me or anything, alright?!? So just back off!"

He knew what she was doing. She was trying to push him away, afraid he'd hurt her like Hojo did. "Kagome, stop this. I know you can take care of yourself, but it's okay to lean on others as well. I know, big shocker coming from me, but please trust me."

"Are you hard of hearing? Just leave me…" Kagome never finished her sentence before the dizziness over took her yet again. The next thing she knew she was in Inu Yasha's arms. "What the..."

"You nearly collapsed. I don't care what you say to me or if you hate me for the rest of your life, but I will not let you make yourself worse." In one quick moment, Inu Yasha had Kagome in his arms, carrying her bridal style back to the bus. "If you aren't better in a few days, I'm taking you to the hospital. No ifs, ands, or buts."

Kagome was in no mood to complain at the moment. She knew something was wrong, but it was never this bad. She felt a hand on her forehead and saw a fuzzy thing move from side to side. The only word she could make out was fever. And then everything went black.

~*~Oh, I know you're gonna kill me, especially after the long wait. Gomen!!!! What the heck is happening to Kagome?!? Hopefully, we'll find out soon. Anywho, review please! Ja ne!~*~