InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fall Into Me ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~Thank you all for being so patient with this whole break down thing. I really appreciate it. This is my Holiday gift to you all. A new chapter! So let's see how Kagome is doing, shall we? Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been three days since Kagome had passed out. Not once in those three days had she awaken from her deep sleep. Her breathing was labored as beads of sweat took over her forehead. Taking the cloth that was on her head, Inu Yasha dipped it into the cold water, wrung it out and placed it gently back into place. With a sigh, he got up and left her room to face the others. "I don't like this. Not at all. She needs to go to the hospital."

Kaede nodded. It was currently well into the night and the others had fallen asleep after going 72 hours straight with none. "I'd have to call ahead and make sure the press couldn't get through."

"If you call, there will be press there! Just move this big old bus to the hospital now!"

"Calm down, Inu Yasha. Nothing will get done if you start overreacting."

His eyes went wide on that one. "Overreacting?!? Her fever has gone up really high since I brought her in here! She hasn't even woken up once! It seems like I'm the only one who wants to do anything and I'm overreacting?!?!"

Kaede began to rub her temples as she closed her eyes. Sure, she was worried about Kagome but the right steps had to be taken. "Inu Yasha, just wait until morning. By then we will be about to take her to the hospital. So try and get some sleep. It will do us all no good if you get sick as well." With that, before he could argue, Kaede got up and left the room, leaving the couple alone. Sango decided to crash on the couch for the time being.

Sighing, Inu Yasha went back into the room and looked over the girl lying in bed. He could feel his heart breaking for her with each troubled breath she took in. After a few moments, Inu Yasha made up his mind. Quickly, he looked out to see that the others were dead asleep. Grabbing a piece of paper and a pen, he scribbled a note saying he was taking Kagome to the hospital. He grabbed a few blankets and slowly picked up the girl, wrapping the blankets around her so she would stay warm. Picking her up into his arms, Inu Yasha made his way to the door of the bus, pushing it open with his foot as silently as he could. With that, he took off into the night, not stopping until he found the hospital.

~

Bursting through the doors, a man with long white hair rushed over to the woman at the desk. "Please, she needs to see a doctor right away."

The nurse looked up at the man and down at the woman in his arms. With a gasp, she paged a doctor and they quickly got the girl on a stretcher. She was taken to the back into an Emergency room while the nurse held the man back. "I'm sorry sir. You can't go with her. I need you to fill out these forms."

Nodding, the man took the clipboard and sat down, doing his best to concentrate on the questions. The nurse sat beside him. "You're Inu Yasha, right? From Shikon no Tama?" The man just nodded as he continued the forms. The woman smiled at him, seeing how he was visibly shaken. "How long has she been that sick?"

"I don't know. She fainted from it about three days ago. We thought we could bring down the fever…"

Nodding, she smiled at him. "Don't worry. The doctors here will take very good care of her. I'll let you know as soon as I know anything."

"Arigatou."

The nurse got up and went to find out anything, silently praying the girl got here in time.

~

A few hours later, Inu Yasha was pacing in the waiting room, still eagerly waiting to hear of Kagome's condition. His whole body was in a panic, thinking of the way Kagome looked before he let her go with the doctors. Suddenly, the nurse came out and walked over to him. She smiled. "Don't worry. Ms. Higurashi is going to be just fine. It turns out what caused her to pass out was that new case of the flu going around. A lot of people were coming in with it. In fact, two patients have died from it already."

Inu Yasha released a breath he was holding, visibly relaxing. "Thank you. Can I see her now?"

Sighing, the nurse frowned. "The doctor wishes to speak with you first."

Eyebrows knitting together in confusion, the silver haired man looked at her. "Is there something wrong?"

"Maybe you should just talk to the doctor. Follow me."

Inu Yasha followed the nurse down a long hallway and to a nice office area where a woman sat behind a large desk. "Dr. Shigara? The man who brought in Ms. Higurashi is here."

"Thank you Kaoru. Please sir, have a seat."

With a smile, the nurse closed the door behind her as Inu Yasha sat down across from the doctor. She was currently looking at a folder which she suddenly placed on the desk. Leaning forward, she folded her hands and placed them on her desk, looking directly at him. "I'm going to be completely honest with you. Ms. Higurashi is very lucky she made it here on time. Another hour or so and she would be dead."

"Is there something else?"

"Yes. I was wondering if you knew just how long Ms. Higurashi has been taking pain killers."

The news was shocking to Inu Yasha. "Ex-Excuse me?"

"We found a large amount of pain killers in her system. Judging by the amount, they must have caused her immune system to deteriorate. I noticed she was prescribed them awhile ago due to some sort of illness. Judging by Ms. Higurashi's system, she has become addicted to them."

Inu Yasha was in a state of shock at the moment. 'Kagome addicted to pain killers? But why? She's not that kind of girl.' Then a thought struck him. "Doctor, is it possible to become so depressed that without those thoughts released could lead to physical aliments?"

"It's not uncommon."

"I read about that a few years ago. Kagome went through a very tough time a few months ago. Could the doctor have mistaken that for actual sickness?"

"It is possible, but then why would they give her so much?"

"So she would be able to keep singing." Sitting back, Inu Yasha began rubbing his temples, finally realizing all the signs. 'Constant fatigue, mood swings… why didn't I see it sooner? That's why she got drunk so quickly too. It's because of that damn Hojo!' Sighing, he looked up at the doctor. "May I go see her now?"

"Yes. She's in room 216. Would you like me to take you there?"

"No, that's alright. Just tell me which direction."

"To the left."

"Arigatou." With that, Inu Yasha slowly got out of the chair and headed out the door towards Kagome's room.

It was dark. The blinds were shut tight to prevent any sort of light to enter. Inu Yasha slowly entered the room to find Kagome hooked up to different machines in order to keep her alive. She looked very pale and weak, so fragile he was afraid she'd break if he even touched her hand. He sighed. "Oh Kagome, why are you doing this? Why are you killing yourself for him?"

His only response was the beeps from the heart monitor.

~Two days later~

Eye lids flickering, Kagome viewed a disgustingly white room. Trying her best to sit up on this uncomfortable bed, she found a few wires connecting her to a few machines. "What the heck? Where am I?"

"Kagome?"

Looking over, she found an exhausted white haired man seating in a chair right next to her bed. "Inu Yasha? What happened?"

Sitting up a bit more, he looked right at her. "You're in the hospital."

"The hospital? Why?"

"What's the last thing you remember?"

Concentrating hard, Kagome thought back to her last memories. "Well, I was coming out of the concert and you followed me. We had a small fight and… and… that's it."

"You passed out. I took you into the bus and we tried to get your fever down. After three days, we brought you here. You've been asleep for a total of five days."

Shock entered her eyes. "Five days?" Receiving a nod, Kagome looked out in front of her. "What was wrong with me?"

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Inu Yasha shift a bit. "Well, you got a case of that new flu that's going around."

"The one that's caused a few people to die?"

"Yep."

"Damn."

"Kagome? I have to ask you something."

Turning her gaze back at him, Kagome waited until he spoke. As he was about to, a very loud smack was heard. "HENTAI!!!!!"

*Sweatdrop*

"Well, I guess Sango and Miroku are here."

With that said, all of the band members walked into the room, Sango rushing to Kagome's side. "Oh Kami, Kagome don't you ever do that to me again! I was so worried."

"Sorry I scared you. I'm okay now. I just want to get out of here."

Kaede stepped forward. "I'm sure the doctor will keep you here at least one more night, for observation reasons." Seeing the girl frown a bit, the old woman smiled. "Don't worry, dear. It won't be too bad."

The doctor came in soon after that and went through the charts with Kagome. After nodding her head in approval, she informed them that the raven haired girl would be in one more night just in case.

Sighing, Kagome convinced them all to go get some sleep. "I'll be fine. Go rest."

Sango didn't really want to leave, but Miroku eventually got her up and out, much to Kagome's joy. The only one in the room at the moment was one she didn't want there. "Inu Yasha?"

He turned to her and gazed into her chocolate colored eyes. "Kagome, I figure you're still mad at me, but at this moment I don't really care. I have something important to ask you."

"What is it?"

Sighing, the white haired man sat down and looked directly at her, no comfort or hidden spark in his amber eyes, telling her this was serious. "How long have you been taking pain killers, Kagome?"

Putting on a shocked look, she shook her head and looked away from him. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Cut the crap! Tell me the truth."

Startled by his harshness, Kagome looked at him wide eyed, but then narrowed as she glared at him. "I don't have to tell you anything."

Shooting up out of his chair, Inu Yasha couldn't hold back his anger. "Damn straight you do! Do you have any idea how close to death you came? The only reason you got this sick is because of those pills. They basically killed your immune system. Why the hell do you want to kill yourself? The longer you stay on them, the closer you are to death! Is that what you want? Is that what you really want, Kagome? To die? To lose your life because some asshole broke your heart? Why give him the satisfaction of knowing he caused this?"

"Back off! You don't know what it was like!"

"Then tell me! Whatever it is, it's not worth killing yourself!"

"You wouldn't understand."

"What wouldn't I understand?"

"Hojo took everything from me! Everything! My world was just so upside down, I don't even remember what it was like before him. I don't know who I am anymore!"

Inu Yasha backed off a bit and really looked at her. "What are you talking about?"

Tears began to form in her eyes as Kagome went from ticked off to upset. "I don't remember my life before him. It's as if it started when I met him. I couldn't tell you what my favorite color was. I don't remember anything from before. I'm so lost; I don't know what to do. It hurt so much. The pain was so unbearable. My mom was friends with this doctor and I convinced him into giving me something for it. I actually haven't taken anything for the past few days."

Sitting down, Inu sighed. "Where are they?"

"In my top dresser drawer. I didn't know what else to do."

Getting back up, Inu Yasha walked over to her bed and sat down on the edge, taking the girl into his arms. He could hear her still crying. "Kagome, you are your own person. So what if Hojo changed you. People change many times throughout their lives, changing to meet the environment around them. I know you are strong enough to decide who you are now. You have us here to help you every day. I haven't told them about the drugs. That's up to you. But we will help."

A soft whisper broke from the woman's mouth. "Will you stay with me too?"

Taken aback by her request, Inu Yasha answered, "I'll stay right by your side every step of the way."

"Arigatou."

Suddenly, the door burst open and in walked this fat guy with baggy jeans and, you guessed it, mop like hair. Giving a cocky smile to the couple, who had quickly separated when the door swung open, he waltzed in. "And how are we doing today?"

"Who the hell are you anyway?"

"Anything you want me to be, baby." Giving her a wink, he smiled again while Inu Yasha growled at him.

"I think you better leave now while your body is still in one piece."

"Oh? Defensive? Sorry, didn't know she was your woman." While both people got very red, the mop walked over to this weird thing on a cart. "Hey! Cool! What does this do?" Picking up the paddles, he held it against his chest and pulled the triggers while the two others screamed at him not to. A loud scream could be heard throughout the hospital as the mop, who currently had smoke coming off of him, went flying down the hallway.

Kagome cringed. "What a baka. Using the shock paddles." Inu Yasha just shook his head.

Suddenly, she turned to him with a smile on her face. "Hey, I have an idea."

Raising an eyebrow, Inu looked at her. "What?"

"Why don't we do a holiday concert here in the hospital? If I'm not mistaken, tomorrow is Christmas."

"I don't know. You are a patient here you know."

"I know. Pretty please?"

When she started using the puppy dog face, Inu Yasha caved. "Damn! Don't use that face on me anymore. That's just cruel."

She smiled and reached over to call the gang.

~

The small worship area was set up perfectly for them as Kagome walked out onto it with her friends, smiling at the patients. After talking with the head of the hospital, they arranged it so that all the televisions would broadcast her little show throughout the hospital for those who could not go down and see it in person.

"Happy Holidays everyone. We're Shikon no Tama and we're here to give you a holiday treat. So let's get started!" Kagome turned and nodded to Miroku, who gave the counts. Everyone came in for the chorus.

Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel

Born is the King of Israel

Inu Yasha came in with the first verse.

The first noel

The angels did say

Was to certain poor shepherds in fields where they lay

In fields where they lay keeping their sheep

On a cold winter's night

That was so deep

All:

Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel

Born is the King of Israel

The next verse was sung by Sango.

They looked up and saw a star

Shining in the east beyond them far

And to the herd

It gave grand light

And so it continued both day and night

All:

Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel

Born is the King of Israel

Then Kagome sang the last verse.

They spied, the light of that same star

Three wise men came from country far

To seek for a king was their intent and

To follow that star where ever it went

All:

Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel

Born is the King of Israel

Born is the King of Israel

Smiling as the song came to an end, Kagome thanked those who were there and moved on to the next song. "That was 'The First Noel'. Next I will be singing 'Breath of Heaven' or 'Mary's Song'. I hope you enjoy it."

They wasted no time into starting the next one. After a few counts, Kagome came in.

I have traveled many moonless nights

Cold and weary, with a babe inside

And I wonder what I've done

Holy Father, you have come

And chosen me now

To carry your son

I am waiting in a silent prayer

I am frightened by the load I bear

In a world as cold as stone,

Must I walk this path alone?

Be with me now

Be with me now

Breath of heaven

Hold me together

Be forever near me

Breath of heaven

Breath of heaven

Light up my darkness

Pour over me your holiness

For you are holy

Breath of heaven

Do you wonder as you watch my face

If a wiser one should have had my place

But I offer all I am

For the mercy of your plan

Help me be strong

Help me believe

Help me

Breath of heaven

Hold me together

Be forever near me

Breath of heaven

Breath of heaven

Light up my darkness

Pour over me your holiness

For you are holy

Breath of heaven

Breath of heaven

Hold me together

Be forever near me

Breath of heaven

Breath of heaven

Light up my darkness

Pour over me your holiness

For you are holy

Breath of heaven

Breath of heaven

Breath of heaven

Breath of heaven

A smile grew on her face as the patients that were there applauded for her. Kagome gave a quick bow and thanked them. "Next, is a rather interesting song for those who celebrate Chanuka."

Inu Yasha moved to the drums as Miroku took the guitar, Kagome standing off to the side with a random instrument.

"Okay...
This is a song that uhh..
There's a lot of Christmas songs out there and uhh..
not too many Chanukah songs.
So uhh..
I wrote a song for all those nice little Jewish kids who don't get to hear
any Chanukah songs.
Here we go..."

Put on your yarmulke
Here comes Chanukah
So much funukah
To celebrate Chanukah
Chanukah is the festival of lights
Instead of one day of presents, we have eight crazy nights

When you feel like the only kid in town without a Christmas tree
Here's a list of people who are Jewish just like you and me
David Lee Roth lights the menorah
So do James Caan, Kirk Douglas, and the late Dinah Shore-ah

Guess who eats together at the Carnegie Deli
Bowser from Sha Na Na and Arthur Fonzerelli
Paul Newman's half Jewish, Goldie Hawn's half too
Put them together, what a fine lookin' Jew

You don't need "Deck The Halls" or "Jingle Bell Rock"
'Cause you can spin a dreidel with Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock- both Jewish

Put on your yarmulke
It's time for Chanukah
The owner of the Seattle Supersonicahs
Celebrates Chanukah

O.J. Simpson, not a Jew
But guess who is? Hall of famer Rod Carew- he converted
We got Ann Landers and her sister Dear Abby
Harrison Ford's a quarter Jewish- not too shabby

Some people think that Ebenezer Scrooge is
Well he's not, but guess who is
All three Stooges
So many Jews are in showbiz
Tom Cruise isn't, but I heard his agent is

Tell your friend Veronica
It's time to celebrate Chanukah
I hope I get a harmonicah
Oh this lovely, lovely Chanukah
So drink your gin and tonicah
And smoke your marijuanikah
If you really, really wannakah
Have a happy, happy, happy, happy Chanukah
Happy Chanukah"

The laughter and applause caused Miroku to smile. He remembered when they had argued before as to who should do this song.

~Flashback~

Inu Yasha just blinked at him. "Weren't you once a Buddhist monk?"

"So?"

"So isn't that against your religion or something?"

"I'm not a monk now, am I? Besides, technically I'm a rabbi."

Everyone turned their shocked faces at him. "Nani?"

He just nodded. "Yeah. I'm a Buddhist monk, a rabbi and a priest."

Sango blinked many times. "How the heck?"

"You'd be amazed at what you can do on the internet."

*Sweatdrop*

~End Flashback~

Miroku smiled again. "Now, for those that know, this song has another part to it. So let's get that started, shall we?" He smiled at the crowd and at his band mates.

"Put on your yarmulke
Its time for Chanukah
So much funnaka
To celebrate Chanukah

Chanukah is the festival of lights
Instead of one day of presents
We get eight crazy nights

When you feel like the only kid in town
Without a Christmas tree
Here's a new list of people who are Jewish
Just like you and me

Winona Ryder,
Drinks Manischewitz wine
Then spins a draydle with Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein

Guess who gives and receives
Loads of Chanukah toys
The girls from Veruca Salt and all three Beastie Boys

Lenny Kravitz is half Jewish,
Courtney Love is half too
Put them together
What a funky bad ass Jew

We got Harvey Keitel
And flash dancer Jennifer Beals
Yasmine Bleeth from Baywatch is Jewish
And yes her boobs are real

Put on your yarmulka
Its time for Chanukah
2 time Ocsar winning Dustin Hoffmanaka
celebrates Chanukah

O.J. Simpson
Still not a Jew
But guess who is,
The guy who does the voice for Scooby Doo

Bob Dylan was born a Jew
Then he wasn't
but now he's back,
Mary Tyler Moore's husband is Jewish
'Cause we're pretty good in the sack.

Guess who got bar-mitzvahed
On the PGA tour
No I'm not talking about Tiger Woods
I'm talkin' about Mr. Happy Gilmore.

So many Jews are in the show biz
Bruce Springsteen isn't
But my mother thinks he is.

Tell the world-amanaka
It's time to celebrate Chanukah
It's not pronounced Ch-nakah
The C is silent in Chanukah
So read your hooked on phonica
Get drunk in Tijuanaka
If you really really wannaka
Have a happy happy happy happy Chanukah!"

Inu Yasha and Miroku switched back as he went up to the mic. "This next song is called 'This Gift'."

Starting the music, Inu Yasha absorbed himself into the words, silently dedicating the song to a certain raven haired woman.

"The snow is fallin', The city is white.
You're eyes are shinin', Like diamonds tonight,
And we're all alone, There's no one home.
You're finally in my arms again.

The night is silent, the moment is here.
I couldn't ask for more than havin' you near.
Cuz I love you girl, (Love you girl)
And I always will, (Always will)
And now I know the moment is right,
The moment is right.

Cuz I've been waiting to give this gift tonight,
I'm down on my knees, there's no better time.
It's something to last for as long as you live,
Tonight I'm gonna give you, (oh girl) all my heart can give.

I thought I'd give you sumthin' shiny and new,
I tryed to find somthin' worthy of you,
But I realized, when I looked inside,
There's some things that money can't buy.

(Oh no), I feel the magic, whenever you're near,
I feel it even more this time of the year,
Cuz I love you girl, (Love you girl)
I always will (Always will)
And now I know the moment is right,
The moment is right.

Cuz I've been waiting to give this gift tonight (This gift tonight),
I'm down on my knees, there's no better time.
It's something to last for as long as you live,
Tonight I'm gonna give you, all my heart can give.

You know I'll always be true to you,
And you know I'm the one you can turn to,(oh yeah)
Anytime, or anyplace, or anywhere,
You know that I'll always be there oh baby.

Cuz I've been waiting to give this gift tonight,
I'm down on my knees, there's no better time.
It's something to last for as long as you live,
Tonight I'm gonna give you, all my heart can give.

Waiting to give this gift tonight,
I'm down on my knees, there's no better time.
It's something to last for as long as you live,
Tonight I'm gonna give you, all my heart can give."

Everyone in the room was on their feet, if they could, clapping and whistling the great voice that sang, causing Inu Yasha's smile to spread. Bowing slightly, he moved for Kagome to step up.

"Thank you everyone. Our last song will be 'O Holy Night'. Happy Holidays everyone and Happy New Year!"

Sango began on the piano until Kagome came in.

"O holy night, the stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of the dear savior's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a news and glorious morn,

Fall on your knees, O hear the angel voices.

O night divine, O night when Christ was born!
O night divine, O night, O night divine.

Led by the light of faith serenely beaming,

With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand.
So, led by light of a star sweetly gleaming,
Here came the wise men from the Orient land.
The King of kings lay thus in lowly manger,
In all our trials born to be our friend.

He knows our need, He guardeth us from danger;

Behold your King, before Him lowly bend!
Behold you King, before Him lowly bend!

Fall on your knees, O hear the angel voices.

O night divine, O night when Christ was born!
O night divine, O night, O night divine.


Truly He taught us to love one another

His law is love and His gospel is peace

Chains shall He break, for the slave is our brother

And in His name all oppression shall cease

Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we

Let all within us praise His holy name

Christ is the Lord

O praise His name forever

His power and glory ever more proclaim

His power and glory ever more proclaim"

The patents all applauded as much as they could while Kagome and the rest of them smiled and bowed. The nurse from before came up to them when everything had died down. "That was amazing. Thank you so much. I know all the patients really enjoyed it. But I actually have a favor to ask of you all." All looked on with interest, especially Kagome. The nurse continued. "You see, there is this one girl that doesn't seem to be responding to any treatments and I've come to think it's because she has no hope. I think if she met you all, something might spark inside her."

Sango's curiosity won out. "What's wrong with her?"

"Leukemia."

Kagome immediately looked over at Sango, who looked stricken. Putting a sympathetic hand on her shoulder, Kagome turned back to the nurse. "We'll do it."

She smiled. "Thank you so much. Follow me please."

Inu Yasha came up beside Miroku as Sango continued to lean on Kagome. "What's the matter with Sango?"

Miroku sighed. "Her mother died of leukemia when she was just ten. That left her, her father and younger brother Kohaku. Since her father had to work all the time, she had to raise Kohaku practically on her own."

"How long have you all known each other anyway?"

"Kagome has been with Sango since she was nine. She was by Sango's side when her mother passed on. I think they actually met in the hospital."

"What was Kagome doing there?"

"Her father had been shot. He walked down the wrong alley and right into the middle of a gang fight. He was killed instantly. Like Sango, Kagome had a younger brother named Souta. Her mother had to work harder, but the only difference is Kagome had her grandfather to help in raising Souta. You see, she lived on a shrine."

The silver haired man looked at the two women in front of him with remorse in his eyes. 'They shouldn't have had to grow up so fast so young.'

"Inu Yasha? We're here."

The man snapped out of his thoughts as they reached the room. Before entering, Kagome turned to the nurse. "What's her name?"

"Aya." Nodding, the raven haired girl walked inside, followed by everyone else. The nurse walked over to a girl with a scarf tied around her head lying in the bed. "Aya? I brought some people to see you."

The girl turned to looked at her visitors, green eyes sparkling. "Oh? Thank you, Kaoru, but I'm sure these people have much better things to do then visit a stranger."

"Nonsense. We heard you were feeling a little down. Anything we can do to help out?"

Aya's eyes widened when she heard Kagome's voice. "You're… you're the ones from the TV. Shikon no Tama!"

Inu Yasha smirked. "That's right."

"Oh wow! I heard about you guys on the radio and in magazines all the time. I even tried to go see you all play at the opening of Kouga's concert. I don't really like him, but I wanted to go just to see you all!"

Miroku smiled. "Now that's a loyal fan."

"You're the drummer, Miroku. You're Sango and you're Kagome. And and you're Inu Yasha, the guy who replaced Hojo. You're waaaay cooler than he ever was!"

"Thanks kid."

Kagome sat in one of the chairs. "So, Aya, what's this I hear about you giving up?"

The emerald eyed girl turned away with a sad look on her face. "What's the point? It just makes me sicker."

"You can't give up. There's a whole world out there just waiting for you to see it. You need to have a positive attitude. If you don't, nothing will help."

Sango piped in. "Aya, half the battle is mental. You see, my mother died from leukemia when I was just ten. She fought every day of her life and they eventually found a bone marrow donor for her, but they were just a few hours too late. There will be a donor for you as well. I'm sure of it. You just have to believe it will come."

Kagome smiled at her best friend, obviously proud. She turned back to the girl. "What is your dream, Aya?"

The girl looked at her. "I wanted to grow up and be a singer, like you. But-"

Shaking her head, Kagome cut her off. "But nothing. Tell you what. When you get all better, write to us and I'll make sure you come up on stage with us and sing right beside me. But you have to get better. Deal?" A kind smile was all Kagome had on her face at that moment.

Aya's eyes completely lit up with that. "Deal!"

"Alright then. We have to go soon, but is there anything you'd like before we do?"

Thinking for a moment, Aya nodded. "Could you sing my favorite Christmas song? It's called 'Last Christmas.'"

Kagome looked over at Inu Yasha, who was carrying his acoustic guitar. He nodded, telling her he knew the tune and she turned back to Aya. "Sure."

She stood up and went over towards the white haired man as he set up his guitar. When he nodded he was ready, they began the song, Sango backing her up.

"Last Christmas I gave you my heart,

But the very next day, you gave it away.

This year, to save me from tears,

I'll give it to someone special.

Last Christmas I gave you my heart,

But the very next day, you gave it away.

This year, to save me from tears,

I'll give it to someone, I'll give it someone, special

Someone... oooh...

Once bitten, and twice shy,

I keep my distance, but you still catch my eye.

Tell me, baby,

Do you recognize me?

Well, it's been a year,

It doesn't surprise me.

Happy Christmas.

I wrapped it up and sent it,

With a letter,

Saying "I love you", I meant it.

Now I know,

What I fool I've been.

But if you kiss me now,

I know you'll fool me again.

Last Christmas I gave you my heart,

But the very next day, you gave it away.

This year, to save me from tears,

I'll give it to someone special.

Last Christmas I gave you my heart,

But the very next day, you gave it away.

This year, to save me from tears,

I'll give it to someone special. (special) Special! Someone!

A crowded room,

Friends with tired eyes.

I'm hiding from you,

And your soul of ice.

My God, I thought you were someone to rely on,

Me? I guess I was a shoulder to cry on.

A face on a lover,

With a fire in her heart.

A woman undercover,

But you tore me apart.

Oooh.. now I've found a real love,

You'll never fool me again

Last Christmas I gave you my heart,

But the very next day, you gave it away.

This year, to save me from tears,

I'll give it to someone special.

I'll give it to someone special.

Someone!

Guilty feet have got no rythm,

Guilty feet have got no rythm,

No no! Ooh-ooh.

Now I found a real love will never fool Me again!

Someone!

When they stopped, Aya clapped for them, a huge smile on her face. Kaoru stood in the corner, wiping away a tear from her eyes. Sighing, she came over to them. "That was beautiful. Do you mind if I get a picture of you all? Something for Aya to remember this day by."

"That would be great. And could you send us a copy as well? I'd like to have one with me too." Kagome smiled again at the girl who just looked so happy. The gang all crowded around Aya and smiled. When it was over, they sadly parted. "Don't forget our deal now."

Emerald eyes sparkled with life. "I won't! I promise I'll get better."

"I'll hold you to that. Good bye Aya."

"Bye Kagome! Bye Sango, Miroku and Inu Yasha! Thank you!"

Everyone said their goodbyes and left. Inu Yasha turned to Kagome as she smiled at him. "That's what it's all about." He just nodded as they left the hospital.

Before they got to the door, however, the mop head ran by, screaming at the top of his lungs, "KEEP THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!!!"

A man in a ripped up straight jacket ran by with a huge syringe. He let loose an insane laugh as he ran after the mop. "Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go-oh -oh. You need to be sedated!"

*Sweatdrop*

Looking at each other, they all quickly got to the bus and on their way.

~*~Well? Long enough for you all? There are so many holiday songs in here. Well, the "Chanukah songs" were by Adam Sander, "This Gift" by 98 Degrees and "Last Christmas" I used by Savage Garden. That's all for now! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! Ja ne!~*~