InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Sakura ❯ The Interview ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3 The Interview

" Shit", Kagome said, " I forgot to ask what day and time for the interview, well I guess I'll just stop by the building tomorrow and schedule one for myself"

Kagome just left the two men to let them carry on with their jobs. She was heading back to her car that was parked in front of the diner. She pulled out her keys and hopped in her black supra. It was beautiful, one of Kagome's priced possessions. It had a CD player, bangin radio, and a hook up laptop. Considering Kagome was a hustler she still couldn't afford to buy what ever she wanted. Kagome won the car in her first street race. She couldn't race with a car so she stole one from the garage where she was working. The mustang was already perfect, but she touched it up a little.

She sighed, I have another match tomorrow, and I promised Souta and Shippo to spend time with them, Kagome thought. " Well I guess I'll just take them along with me", she thought out loud. She sighed once again starting up her car and driving away.

~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~

Next Day 8:00 Am

Kagome arrived at the diner and grabbed a cup of coffee and a donut, which was all she could afford. She walked down the street making her way to the huge building, which hopefully was going to be where her new job would take place. " Wow", Kagome said in awe, looking up to see the many floors of the building. Taking her last sip of her coffee she dropped it on the sidewalk and walked inside the building.

Finding the receptionist Kagome spoke " Hi my name is Kagome Higurashi and I'm here for an interview with Miroku" She smiled curtly and watched the lady named Yuna dial a number on her phone.

" Miroku, a lady named Higurashi, Kagome is here for an interview" Yuna said through the phone. A response came back saying " Can you tell her to wait 15 minutes then I'll send Sango to come get her" Yuna said bye and hung up the phone. Turning her head to Kagome she said " Please wait in the lobby and take a seat, some one will come for you in 15 minutes."

Making her way to the lobby Kagome found a seat and grabbed a magazine from the glass table in front of her. Hmmm she said flipping the pages of the magazine.

~*~~~~~~~*~~

" So she's here", Inuyasha asked watching Miroku, waiting for him to do something. " Well yea" Miroku responded. " So what are you going to do"

" Well I figured I just go ask Sesshoumaru, and your coming with me" he said walking out the door with Inuyasha following. Arriving at a big oak door with gold handles, Miroku knocked waiting for a response. A voice was heard and Miroku opened the door.

They came face to face with a demon who looked much like Inuyasha but more feminine.

" So what do you want" came his voice. " Well Inuyasha and I were just wondering if you'd want to hire a temporary secretary for him while Kikyo's out. " Do you know when she's coming back" " No she said she'd call" " Fine then send her in" " Oh but I asked Yuna to get Sango to send her in" Sesshoumaru snorted and dialed Sango's number " Sango can you go down to the lobby and get a girl there, and send her in to the conference" " Ok"

~~*~~~~~*~~

Sango just received a call from Sesshoumaru asking to go pick up a girl downstairs.

She made her way to the elevator, pressing the button for the first floor. Coming out of the elevator she searched the lobby. She saw a young lady looking through a car magazine. " Ok", she said making her way to the woman.

" Man when are they come down and get me, I'm so nervous, what about if I don't get accepted, what about if they hate me, Oh god I want to smoke", Kagome thought.

A voice spoke breaking her train of thought " Hello, my names Sango, are you perhaps Kagome" Kagome only nodded. Seeing her nod Sango continued talking " Well if you follow me, we can start the interview" that was all she said before turning around and making her way to the elevator. Kagome soon followed.

In the elevator there was just silent, so Sango decided to bring up a conversation. " So Kagome how old are you?" she asked " 20, you?" Kagome responded " 22" Sango said.

Then came another minute of silence.

Kagome decided to start another conversation by asking a question " So Sango how long have you been working" " About 4 years I guess, I mean Miroku got me my job, having said he had connections", Sango said. " You know Miroku's a real nice guy, he seems very protective of you, even though I heard he gropes women", Kagome said leaning against the wall of the elevator. Sango was shocked, Miroku protective of her, she blushed at the thought.

Soon their conversation ended as they reached their floor. " Wow", Kagome said in awe " How many floors does this building have Sango?" she asked " Oh well about a hundred something", " Why do you ask?" " Just wondering"

Kagome shut her mouth as she was led to a large room with a table and many chairs.

She was greeted with two familiar faces, Inuyasha, Miroku, and one that looked like a woman. The " woman" asked her to sit down, so did the others. Once everyone was seated Inuyasha started asking questions and the others just heard.

" First, Middle, Last name?"

"Kagome Higurashi"

" No middle name?" " No"

" Date of birth, and age"

" August 30, 2010, age 20"

(A/N I just want to say that I just put her birthday the day the series first aired, or I think, the story is set in the future date 2030" srry if that doesn't work for you)

" Married or single"

'Single"

" Mother's name"

" I don't know"

"Father's name"

" don't know"

Inuyasha stopped to look at Kagome, she looked like she was lost in thought. He continued with the questions afraid to get caught.

" college graduate or highschool"

" highschool"

" previous job"

" waitress"

" Do you have any expreience in secretary work"

" Yes, but I was laid off after a week"

" Ok just fill out these spots right here containing your address, phone, and insurance"

Kagome grabbed the clipboard from Inuyasha and looked at the form, and then looked back at him. She handed back the board leaving the spots asked to be filled out completely blank. Inuyasha raised an eyebrow " So you don't have insurance, a home, and a home phone or cell" " Yea so", was her smart reply, but Inuyasha kept on talking. " and your number is a payphone number" " Yea so, just ask for me, some one will surely answer, plus Tanaka is always there." Inuyasha sighed.

" Well that's it, the rest of the interview will be filled in with background check and skill test", Inuyasha said putting away the clipboard he was holding. " So any questions?"

" Background check, what's that?"

" Well, lets see its what you call finding all the dirt on you" Kagome scowled at that.

" Are you a guy or a girl", she asked pointing to Sesshoumaru.

Miroku, Sango, and Inuyasha were all trying to hold back their laughter by covering their mouths.

Sesshoumaru was pissed although he didn't show it he simply answered " I'm a guy"

" Well I thought you were a woman, are you like Inuyasha's brother or something" Kagome asked curiously.

" As a matter in fact we are Kagome, half brothers and that woman's name is Sesshoumaru", Inuyasha said trying to hold back his laughter.

" Well lets move on with the interview", Miroku said grabbing a laptop and setting it in front of Kagome.

" Kagome that laptop has a built in timer, you have to type over that page in 15 minutes plus you have to file it," Miroku said explaining what she had to do.

" Well ok, when do I start?"

" Right now"

Ten minutes later Kagome had typed the whole page, in 12 minutes she finished filing it and accomplished her goal under 15 minutes.

" Good job, now lets check your speed and accuracy" Miroku said taking the laptop from Kagome. " Very good Kagome, I guess you qualify"

"What else can you do with the computer?"

" Well basically anything, I can hack into systems, send viruses, upload, download, and yea."

" Good, you pass the skills test, we'll tell you the results tomorrow.", Miroku said closing up the laptop and taking notes.

" Umm, I'm just curious and I want to know what exactly is my job?"

" My personal secretary, so you have to listen to me, and when I want something you get it, no excuses", Inuyasha said smirking and folding his hands.

" So how much do I get paid?" Kagome asked

" Well about 1200 dollars monthly, but that depends you know if your late, I cut of some of your payment, you piss me off, I cut off some more," Inuyasha said smirking.

" That's bullshit you jerk" Kagome spat.

" Hey when you start your job here, I'm your master wench," Inuyasha said countering what Kagome said.

They were about to argue some more, but Sango cut in" " Hey you guys, its just about lunch time, lets go down to the lounge and eat ok"

Once Sesshoumaru dismissed them Sango, Miroku, Inuyasha, and Kagome all made their way to the workers lounge.

(A/N: Srry people if its going slow but I want this to be detailed and I want the readers to really get my story. More of Kagome's past is revealed in chapter four. As the story progresses everything will unfold. Kagome is gonna join the gang in fighting Naraku. There well be racing scenes and scenes with fighting. Some martial arts and gun shooting. Its also going to get sad. Please review, its what keeps my writing fast. )