InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Sakura ❯ Rain On Me ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4 Rain On Me

After the interview Kagome, Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sango all made their way to the employees' lounge to eat lunch. Kagome felt uncomfortable under Inuyasha's gaze so she yelled at him " Why the fuck are you staring at me like that, don't you know it's rude to stare." All she got from him was a simple " Feh"

" Hey Kagome want to checkout the roof top, it has great view" Sango asked Kagome not liking the eerie silence in the room. " Sure" Kagome said following the others to and elevator. The elevator soon stopped, so they had to walk a couple stairs to the roof.

" Well here we are" Sango said opening a door to reveal a pleasant view of Tokyo's skyline. " Wow, its really nice" Kagome said walking around. " Yea its beautiful, its even better at sunset" Sango said.

Its been 5 minutes since they've been up there, Inuyasha and Miroku were chatting about something while Kagome was sitting at the edge of the building, dangling her feet with Sango kneeling behind her.

" So Kagome tell me about yourself, what's with the not knowing your mother & father's names thing, no offense or anything?" Sango asked. The moment she asked everyone was quite Inuyasha and Miroku did too wonder about that. Sango kept on talking "But all of us have a strange pass and were still fighting for our future."

Everything was still quite, Kagome turned her head slowly to see Sango's warm smile and met her gaze with hurtful eyes. " Do you really want to know" Kagome asked slowly leaning back against the gravel of the roof. " Yea, I mean I want to be your friend, maybe we can all be friends and help each other" Sango said repeating Kagome's action. Miroku and Inuyasha soon did the same thing and lied next to the girls, all their heads meeting in the center forming a circle.

Kagome sighed then took a deep breath.

(A/N: sorry people for interrupting, but starting here it's just gonna be Kagome speaking, then they'll me insights of the different characters.)

" Well I'm 20 years old, my only family is my brother Souta, he's 7, and my friend Shippo. He's a kitsune child, his family was killed by a demon name Naraku"

Inuyasha started to growl, but immediately stopped to let Kagome continue.

" I live out in the streets you can say, on the old part of town with those abandoned buildings, a lot of us do"

" To earn money I use to waiter at some restaurants, but that wasn't enough you know, just $ 8.50 minimum. So I hustled, I dealed drugs, raced the streets illegally, and fought in a ring"

" The ring, it's a place where humans and demons fight for money. You get hurt in the process but the prize is thousands of dollars, sometimes hundreds. Lots of people come and watch for their viewing pleasure of blood and gore."

" I also have what you can call talents. I'm a miko, so yeah. That's the only power I'm aware of, I don't really know what else too, but maybe mind powers. Weird huh?"

" I'm also good at fixing cars and dealing with computers. I can send viruses and hack into systems like I said."

" Well my family, I don't really have a family, only Souta and Shippo. I've been in many gangs before, but its different you know. There's no care or love, if you mess up they're going to kill you. They don't care about your life, what they do care for is that you keep their secret a secret. They use you for your abilities, but I guess I kind of used them as a surreal family to fill in the gap."

" Father, I never knew him, my so called mom never spoke about him either. I tried looking for him, but it's too hard. Doing searches cost to much money, the same with DNA tests. I tried hacking into systems, many Higurashi's, but none of them matched my DNA. So I stopped spending cash and forgot about the whole situation"

"When I was a kid I got teased a lot for not having a mother or a father. A bastard they called me, but they were right, I am a bastard. I was in an orphanage a while before I ran away. Came back saw Souta, did a DNA test and found out we had the same mother."

" Mother, I hate my mother for leaving me, no she didn't just leave me abandoned me."

"Wait Kagome, what do you mean she abandoned you?" asked Sango.

" Oh well I was 4, my first day of preschool, said she'll pick me up right after class, she never came back. Plus my teacher didn't quite like her, many people said my mother was whore. I believe them you know, maybe I am a bastard. Maybe my mother never got married, maybe that's not her last name, maybe Higurashi isn't my last name. My dad could just be any man in this city, any man who hooked up with a hooker. Maybe he doesn't even know he has a daughter. Same thing for Souta, I pity him for not having memories of his own mother, but I'm glad for that so he wouldn't get hurt."

Everything was silent, no one talked then Kagome spoke up " Hey I don't need your pity ok, everyone has a past, no big deal" Sango came and hugged her, Kagome was in shock, she wasn't expecting a hug from someone she hardly knew. Then Sango spoke " Hey maybe we can spend sometime together, you know as friends, me, Miroku and maybe Inuyasha, we have a lot to talk about. " Kagome said thanks and ran to the door and down the steps, reaching the elevator, making her way outside. She looked up at the clouds and simply wished for the rain to wash her problems away, every ones.

Back at the roof Miroku and Sango started making their way to the door, but Inuyasha stayed awhile " Inuyasha you coming" Miroku said looking back to his friend. " Yea, but I'll be there" Inuyasha said not bothering to look back. Once they were gone Inuyasha whispered the name Naraku and started to growl. He had hurt so many people, cursing Miroku, killing Sango's family, and taking away her only brother. He wanted the jewel, the jewel of four souls, if only I had it I could become a full demon. I'll show them all. All this was running through his mind, he left soon after, making his way to the door of the roof.

Inuyasha wanted the jewel. If he had it no one would look down on him for being a hanyou. He wasn't accepted by humans or demons. Only Sango, Miroku, Rin, Sesshoumaru, and Kikyo. Most women only dated him for his riches, deep down inside they were disgusted of him. Kikyo, well Kikyo wanted him to become human, so once the jewel was whole again she wouldn't have to guard it anymore. Kikyo was also a miko, she was the priestess of the Shikon Jewel, guarding it from demons and evil humans who still lusted for its power in the shadows. But it was broken in a battle against Naraku, shattering it into pieces. Now they searched for the jewel, gathering it.

(A/N srry people, next chapters are going to be about Kagome racing and fighting in the ring. Will Kagome be accepted as Inuyasha's personal secretary? How is Kikyo like? Well I can tell you she's bitchy. Is Kikyo using Inuyasha? When will Naraku show up? What is this curse Miroku has? Well you'll just have to find out. Srry if you don't get it though, just email me and I'll answer you question with an immediate response. I'll post it in the reviews. I think this story is going to be about 20 chapters long. Very exciting parts to come)