InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Family Instincts ❯ Family Instincts - A Breed Apart ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Family Instincts - A Breed Apart
By Majicman55
 
Okay, okay. I do not now, nor have I ever, owned any part of InuYasha. I just like playing with the characters.
 
 
Kagome smiled across the kitchen table at Akamaru, who was mumbling incoherently over his cup of coffee.
 
“What was that, dear?”
 
“I said, would you stop smiling so damned much?”
 
Now Kagome was having trouble not giggling, let alone smiling.
 
“Feh! Show some respect to your mother.” InuYasha was having a little trouble not laughing, himself.
 
Akamaru turned to his father and sneered. “How can you eat ramen for breakfast, anyway?”
 
Sesshomaru walked into the kitchen, followed by Kagura. “You wonder about that. This Sesshomaru wonders how you can drink that brown swill.”
 
“I can't right now. It's still too hot.” Akamaru held out his cup. “Aunt Kagura?”
 
Kagura rolled her eyes. “Once I battled your father to a standstill on the plains of Musashi. Now I'm cooling his son's coffee.” Kagura flicked her fan over Akamaru's cup. “How the mighty have fallen.”
 
“Thank you, Aunt Kagura.”
 
“So that was the girl,” mused Kagome. “She didn't seem dangerous to me. She certainly didn't seem intent on attacking you.” Kagome giggled. “Well, not in a bad way, anyway.”
 
“Mommm.”
 
InuYasha looked up from his ramen. “Oi. Just how did she get into your bed, anyway?”
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow at InuYasha's question. His brother wasn't as stupid as he used to be.
 
Akamaru stared back at his dad. “You saw her pop out. I suppose she popped in the same way.”
 
“Surrrrre,” said InuYasha.
 
Kagome giggled again.
 
Kagura looked amused. “Let me get this straight. Every time you go to sleep, we have to worry about this girl popping into your bed?”
 
Akamaru looked stunned. “I…I hadn't thought of that.”
 
“This Sesshomaru suggests you start wearing pajamas.”
 
Akamaru locked eyes with Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru kept looking back until Akamaru blinked and grumbled, “Should have known better than to start a staring contest with the ice prince.”
 
“Hn.”
 
There was a knock on the kitchen door, which opened to reveal Midoriko and Aoimaru. “Good morning.”
 
“Good morning,” said Kagome. “We found a girl in bed with your brother this morning.”
 
Aoimaru's head whipped around. “Where? Where?”
 
“Oi. Take it easy. She's gone.” InuYasha stood up, placed his bowl in the sink, poured himself some tea and sat down.
 
“One might say she popped in and popped out.”
 
Everyone stared. It was rare when the Great Lord of the Western Lands made a joke. It was even rarer when it was a good joke.
 
Akamaru regarded his brother and sister coldly, certain that they'd both be joining everyone else in teasing him. “What are you two doing here?”
 
“Uncle Flu…Sesshomaru called us. Said he had some important information he needed to share with everyone.”
 
Everyone turned their attention back to Sesshomaru, who took a moment to refresh his tea before speaking.
 
“This Sesshomaru had Midoriko and Aoimaru recover DNA samples from under the fingernails of the severed hand that was being kept in the forensics lab of the Tokyo police department. The sample was delivered to the university where several tests were performed comparing that DNA with the DNA of four important subjects: me, Kagura, InuYasha and Kagome.
 
“The rather large grants we have made to the university have proved to be a wise investment. This girl…”
 
“Nyoko,” Akamaru interjected.
 
“…this `Nyoko' shares DNA with all four of us.”
 
“You're kidding,” said Kagome.
 
Akamaru roared, “You're not telling me I was practically in bed with my sister!”
 
“Hn. No. The genetic markers indicate significant divergence at least three ningen generations back.
 
Akamaru looked nonplussed.
 
Aoimaru, a little more versed in the sciences, spoke up. “At best, she'd be, like, your third cousin. And that's at best.”
 
“Are you sure about that?” asked InuYasha. “I mean, she does look a lot like Kagome.”
 
“Would you shut up about that?
 
Everyone stared at Akamaru; then turned back to Sesshomaru when the Great Lord of the Western Lands began speaking again.
 
“There is another, important consideration: while `Nyoko' shares DNA with all four of us, she has more in common with Kagura.”
 
“Me?” said the wind sorceress.
 
“This Sesshomaru wishes he had a sample from that monstrosity we sealed under Mount Fuji. According to the lab, it is possible, but unlikely, for this combination to occur naturally.”
 
“Someone is doing this on purpose?” asked Midoriko.
 
“Indeed.”
 
“But for what reason?” asked Kagome.
 
“It is this Sesshomaru's opinion that someone is trying to return a more powerful incarnation of Naraku to this world.”
 
 
******************
 
 
After the commotion died down, Akamaru finally had a chance to ask his question. “But what does this all have to do with me?”
 
Everyone stared at Akamaru as people only stare at the truly dense.
 
“Duhhh,” said Aoimaru. “She's after your DNA.”
 
“But I didn't sense that she was evil,” said Kagome.
 
“Hn. She may or may not be. Whoever is doing this is following Naraku's principle of tricking the innocent to do his dirty work.”
 
“So she may not be evil,” said Akamaru, smiling.
 
“That is true. However, if she had a child with you, as seems to be the design of whoever is doing this, it might just be the second coming of that foul being, Naraku.”
 
“Wonderful.”
 
“Look on the bright side.” Midoriko smiled. “If we can find out who's manipulating her, we might be able to end their little project.”
 
Kagome looked thoughtful. “She is like me when I was young. She has immense power, but only uses it on an instinctual level. She doesn't have control.”
 
“Oi,” said InuYasha, addressing Akamaru. “The important thing is…you can't let her get to you. We can't have another Naraku runnin' around.”
 
“So…let me make sure I've got all of this. After five hundred years of self-imposed celibacy, I finally find a girl as hot as mom…”
 
Everyone gave Akamaru one of “those” looks, except Kagome, who blushed, murmured “thanks,” and blushed again.
 
“…the girl wants nothing more than to crawl all over me and screw like the two bunnies over there…”
 
“Oi! Watch it!” said InuYasha. Kagome just smiled.
 
“…and, not only that, her greatest desire is to make me a daddy…”
 
Both Aoimaru and Midoriko were beginning to crack up.
 
“…and you want me to avoid her at all costs.”
 
InuYasha drew Tetsusaiga. “Hold still, son. We'll just perform a neutering, right here.”
 
“Eeep! You will not,” shouted Kagome.
 
By this time, Akamaru was trying to get up to run from the room. Unfortunately, Sesshomaru was holding him from behind.
 
“Awww, ease up, Kagome,” said InuYasha. “He's part youkai. It'll heal up in a couple of days.”
 
“Th-That's not very comforting,” warbled Akamaru.
 
“Then I'll just cut `em off again,” said InuYasha cheerfully. “I'll just keep doing it till we catch the bastards controlling her.”
 
Akamaru was running in place, unable to release himself from the grip Sesshomaru had on him. Aoimaru and Midoriko were not having much success staying serious.
 
“Stop!”
 
Everyone looked at Kagome. The miko was glowing bright pink and everyone could feel power they didn't want to mess with. “You will not harm our son.”
 
InuYasha looked at his mate; then at his brother as he sheathed Tetsusaiga. “Let him go.”
 
“Hn.” Sesshomaru had regarded InuYasha's solution as radical, yet effective. He was no fool, however, and had no desire to face Kagome in her present state. The Great Lord of the Western Lands released Akamaru, who mumbled something about needing to use the restroom and disappeared directly.
 
Kagome was settling back to normal, but was still glaring at her mate. “Anybody else have a more reasonable idea?”
 
“I'll wear the damned pajamas!” yelled Akamaru from the bathroom.
 
“Oi. Maybe you'd better sew the fly shut.”
 
Kagome smiled. “That's a little more reasonable.”
 
 
******************
 
 
“It almost worked,” hissed Onaraku.
 
“Have patience,” answered Bengoshi.
 
“Patience,” repeated Siejika.
 
Bengoshi smiled. “We have lived hundreds of years, brother. We shall live hundreds, if not thousands, more. Have patience.”
 
“Patience, my ass,” said Onaraku. “I want to kill something.”
 
“It is necessary to have patience,” said Siejika.
 
“We cannot afford unwanted attention,” wheedled Bengoshi. “Not when we are so close. Nyoko carries the perfect combination of all our genes, including those of our hated enemies. When she breeds with Akamaru, son of InuYasha and Kagome…”
 
“…Naraku shall be reborn,” continued Onaraku. “Yes, yes. It should work; yet, as I said before, our last creation turned out to be an overly muscled moron who, even now, remains sealed beneath Mount Fuji.”
 
A wild gleam came into Bengoshi's eye. “Even dad made mistakes, brother, but I will not.”
 
Siejika glared at Bengoshi. “So who died and made you leader?”
 
Bengoshi smiled. “Dad.” A sneer came to Bengoshi's face. “But we will bring Naraku back and rule by his side forever!”
 
Bengoshi smiled at his two brothers.
 
Siejika smiled back, first at Bengoshi and then at Onaraku. “I shall rule by father's side after I dispose of these two idiots. Did father have to put up with fools such as these?”
 
Onaraku smiled. I shall rule by father's side, but first I want to go out and kill something. Hmmm. Wonder when the next `Three Stooges' film festival is.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Nyoko sat at her kitchen table sipping tea, eating some cereal and puzzling over why she was acting this way.
 
She had never thrown herself at any man, yet she couldn't resist this one. She blushed as she remembered dreaming of him; then waking up (or being woken up) in his bed…naked, and wanting more.
 
When she thought about it, a pool of heat began growing within her.
 
Oh yeah. She wanted more.
 
In the few moments she had let down her guard, the tingling in her spine had been overwhelming. There had been incredible power in that home. And, somehow, she had felt a kinship with the girl, Kagome, who had been there and had been in her dreams. It was like they shared the same power.
 
Yet she did not know their intentions. True, they had shown no signs that they intended to attack her…but that could be for other reasons. Shock, even. Maybe they just hadn't had time to absorb everything.
 
Or…and this thought shocked her…maybe they didn't know what she would do…and were afraid of her!
 
 
******************
 
 
Nyoko's day was spent going through the motions. Supper was a blur. She watched some TV, but wouldn't have been able to say what she had watched if someone asked her thirty minutes later.
 
When it was time for bed, she showered, toweled herself dry and crawled into bed, sans pajama top. Sans anything, for that matter.
 
As she fell asleep, an image of a very naked Akamaru invaded her thoughts. A few minutes later her breathing became eratic as she touched herself in her sleep. When she became even more aroused, a pink glow began to suffuse her room.
 
A few moments later, the room was empty.
 
 
******************
 
 
Akamaru grumbled when he finished drying off and had to put on pajamas. Kagome had given him a pair of his fathers, which were - oddly enough - red with white dogs cavorting on them. He couldn't help noticing that they felt new, as if they'd never been worn.
 
Somehow it didn't help when Kagome explained that InuYasha never wore pajamas to bed. He didn't know why, but he had then asked if his mother ever wore anything to bed.
 
“Not if I don't have to,” she had answered, smiling sweetly.
 
That didn't help either.
 
Damn it. Why couldn't his mother age like other mothers instead of looking like the HGOC (Hottest Girl On Campus)?
 
And why did Nyoko have to look like mom?
 
And, damn it all to hell, why did the kamis have to arrange it that he couldn't have anything to do with her?
 
Akamaru climbed into bed on top of the sheets. He was warm enough already. After a few minutes of trying to go to sleep, he sneered. Of course he couldn't think about anything but her. Of course he couldn't get rid of the damned hard-on.
 
He sighed and tried to sleep. He had just about succeeded when a pink glow started in his room. A moment later, he felt something snuggling up against his back.
 
Slowly he turned over. His youkai senses allowed him to see, even in the dark. To see…her. “Hello.” He rolled over to face her.
 
“Hi,” she answered.
 
“Remarkable talent you have there.”
 
“Yeah. Hey, you're wearing pajamas tonight.”
 
“You're not.” He found himself looking her up and down. They insisted on my wearing them.”
 
“The others…here?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“They scare me. I have dreams of two of them attacking me with huge katanas, and there were strange bursts of power.”
 
“That would be my dad, InuYasha, and Uncle Sesshomaru.”
 
“I don't know those names.”
 
“The two men who looked in on us.”
 
“Oh. Who was the girl who walked into the room with us?”
 
“That was mom. Her name's Kagome.”
 
She's your mom? She was in some of my dreams, too. For some reason, I'm afraid of her, yet she seems nice in person.”
 
“She was there, too. You were seeing events from five hundred years ago.”
 
“How can that be? Past lives? I've heard of people being hypnotized and led through past lives.”
 
“Mom and dad really are over five hundred years old, though.”
 
Akamaru could see Nyoko's eyes get very big. “Really?” Nyoko began unbuttoning Akamaru's pajamas.
 
“Stop that.” Akamaru swatted lightly at her hands. “I am almost as old. My brother, sister and I are their first-born. We helped defeat an evil hanyou named Naraku…”
 
Nyoko cringed.
 
“…who wanted to kill them and rule Japan.”
 
“The name scares me.”
 
“We believe there are…individuals…attempting to use you in a sort of breeding experiment to reincarnate Naraku.”
 
Nyoko finished unbuttoning Akamaru's pajama top and began fiddling with the bottoms. “Someone…has…sewn these shut.”
 
“I thought I told you to stop that. Anyway, that was dad's idea. Mom sewed `em.”
 
Nyoko examined the threads holding the pajama bottoms shut. “They glow pink.”
 
“You can see that? Yeah. Mom put a seal on them.”
 
Nyoko ran her fingers over a growing bulge. “I think there's something hard in there.”
 
Akamaru gasped as his erection strained against the threads.
 
Nyoko giggled. “Looks like you might break out on your own.”
 
Akamaru gasped again as Nyoko fondled him. “No chance. Mom is the most powerful miko in Japan.”
 
Nyoko smiled. “Well, between the two of us…your pushing and my pulling…” Nyoko drew her hand back and seized the threads. She concentrated as she pulled her hand back.
 
<SNAP-SNAP-SNAP-SNAP-SNAP>
 
Akamaru looked down over his own stomach.
 
“Shit.”
 
“What was that?” Nyoko giggled.
 
“You must listen to me.”
 
“Yes?” Akamaru was “standing” straight up now and Nyoko was looking at his hardness, almost hypnotized by it.
 
“They…believe…that a child…we would have…could be…”
 
“A child? As in…a baby?”
 
“Yes, that's right.”
 
“A baby.”
 
“Yes.”
 
“I've never done that before.”
 
“Had a baby?”
 
“I've never even had sex.”
 
“I haven't either.”
 
“In five hundred years?”
 
Akamaru blushed. “Yes, not in five hundred years.”
 
“You must be really…pent up.” Nyoko straddled Akamaru as he lay on his back. “So not only have you never been inside a woman, but you've never even touched her here.” Nyoko took hold of Akamaru's erection and rubbed the tip up and down barely within her folds.
 
“N-No.”
 
Nyoko looked deep into Akamaru's eyes as she raised herself up and positioned him at her opening. “And you've never felt yourself sliiiiiiide…” Nyoko lowered herself onto Akamaru till she felt some resistance and paused. “…into a girl's virgin channel till you reach her barrier…”
 
“Listen, Nyoko. You h-have to stop…”
 
“…and break it.” Nyoko had raised herself up slightly, but now allowed all her weight to impale her on Akamaru's hardness. She gasped at the sudden pain, followed by a feeling of fullness.
 
After a minute, the pain seemed to lessen and she began moving up and down. “You've never experienced the wonderful sensations as she pushes herself down onto you and you push yourself up into her.”
 
Akamaru found himself meeting her thrusts, matching her rhythm. “N-No, I've never done…that.” The rational part of Akamaru was telling him he had to stop. Another part of him was devolving into that “stupid” frame of mind familiar to all teenagers. Maybe it was okay. Maybe Nyoko was on the pill. Maybe it was a safe time of month.
 
“You feel so good.” Nyoko ground down on him. “Hmmm. Wanna get married? I wouldn't mind having a baby with you if we could have sex like this all the time.”
 
That returned a bit of his rationality. “You…should…stop.”
 
“Don't wanna.”
 
“Is it a…safe…time of month?” Akamaru was really straining now.
 
“Safe?” Nyoko giggled.
 
“You should have…noticed. I'm…not wearing a…”
 
Nyoko put two fingers to Akamaru's lips. “Shh, I don't care!”
 
“Nyoko?”
 
“You know what I…hmmm…did notice, though? Hmmm. Your mother and I…hmmm…could be twins. Isn't that...hmmm…weird?”
 
Akamaru felt as though his eyes were going to roll back into his head. “N-Nyoko, I'm g-g-g-gonna…”
 
“Really?” Nyoko raised herself up so only about half of Akamaru was still inside her. “…'cause I'm going to, too.” She plunged herself down on Akamaru and ground against him. She cried out his name as her inner walls began squeezing…squeezing…squeezing…
 
Akamaru was able to withstand two squeezes…then…Nyoko-o-o!”
 
 
******************
 
 
In their room, both InuYasha's and Kagome's eyes sprang open at the same time. InuYasha was the first to speak.
 
“Shit.”
 
He turned to his now-giggling mate. “What are you laughing about?”
 
“There's nothing we're going to do about it now, InuYasha.”
 
“Feh!”
 
“Besides, now I'm horny.”
 
InuYasha started to get up. “We should check on that!”
 
Kagome grabbed the nearest appendage. That can wait.”
 
 
 
 
A/N: Kagome freed InuYasha from the tree. Nyoko freed Akamaru from his pajama bottoms. Not quite the same, but it certainly led to big things. And what about this breeding program? Have the wheels been set in motion?
 
Remember, this is a rewrite.
 
As always, please read and review. Thanks!