InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Fairy Tale ❯ The Great Lord Sesshomaru ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Feudal Fairy Tale

Starlight Demon 22

Warning: I do NOT own Inuyasha, the other characters, or the plot from the manga or anime. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi and everyone involved with that whole thing. I only own my own character, Akemi, other than that no.

Chapter 7- The Great Lord Sesshomaru
************************************************************ ****************************************************

He walked through the forest as he thought. He didn’t know how he got himself into such trouble sometimes, he really didn’t. Though his pale, passive, and emotionless mask shown thru, he was genuinely confused. He had grown up hating hanyou and humans for what they had done to him...to his father...Shaking his head of those thoughts he returned to his slight dilemma. In his castle, his father’s castle, was a female hanyou. What’s worse is her scent is driving him absolutely mad and there’s nothing he can do about it except embrace it. Obviously, embracing things is not this youkai’s strong point, nor is he willing with a hanyou. Pacing he thought of what to do as he heard a rustle of the leaves behind him. Turning quickly he came face to face with his retainer, Jaken.

“Lord Sesshomaru! What are you doing out here?” he squawked loudly. Sesshomaru sent him an annoyed look which immediately shut the little creature up. He looked fearful at the much taller, much more powerful youkai before him. This improved the powerful youkai’s mood some, but not much.

“As long as that hanyou is in this Sesshomaru’s castle, he shall stay out here,” Sesshomaru snarled. Yes, it sounded childish, and in a sense it was, but he was not going to cater to a hanyou! The smaller youkai looked at him surprised and confused.

Isn’t it his castle? The tiny youkai thought to himself confused. Why doesn’t he just chase her out of there? Jaken watched his lord and master pace as he thought and wondered what was really going on, but knew in all circumstances it was best not to ask.

“My lord, shall I remove the hanyou for you?” Jaken asked excited to show off his abilities, as limited as they are.

“No harm shall come to that hanyou,” Sesshomaru snapped. This was the second time he’s saved a hanyou’s life and would receive no credit or thanks. Not that he wanted it from them. Jaken just looked at him confused.

“Than what do you want done, milord? You won’t enter your castle because she’s there but you won’t have her removed!” Jaken said perplexed, a common feeling for him as he followed Sesshomaru. He jumped and cowered at the glare he received as Sesshomaru looked prepared to explode. Though he was emotionless his stance and eyes revealed he was frustrated and confused. Just then Sesshomaru stopped and slapped his own cheek, confusing Jaken even further.

“My lord, Sesshomaru, so happy to taste you again!” a voice squeaked. Sesshomaru looked prepared to close his hand on the flea youkai in it but decided against it. The youkai had been council to his father, and he knew he had told his father to stay away from humans.

“What do you want with this Sesshomaru, Myoga?” Sesshomaru demanded. The flea seemed to be counting his blessings as he bowed to the powerful lord.

“I came to check upon you, as promised to your father before he passed so many years ago.” Myoga said as he stood straight up and looked at Sesshomaru sternly. “Why do you let this slip of a female into your father’s castle but not your half brother?” Sesshomaru growled protectively as Myoga looked at him in a mixture of surprise, awe, and humor. “I see,” he said as he sat down and thought.

“What do you see, you wretched little flea? Leave Lord Sesshomaru alone! He has enough to worry about without you!” Jaken shrieked angrily. Despite their “bond” Jaken was never allowed to touch Sesshomaru, even when injured. But this pathetic little cowardly flea seemed able to bite and come and go as he pleased.

“It’s easy, her scent is the one,” Myoga said as if he were talking to a child. Sesshomaru growled again as Myoga chuckled a little. “As much as you hate to admit it, my lord, and I know you hate to admit it, she is the one.” Jaken stared stunned at this powerful youkai growling at a flea who was telling them all that this pathetic hanyou resting at their castle was the one for his lord to mate. “But why your instincts haven’t kicked in and you haven’t made her your mate is beyond me.”

“She’s injured,” Jaken filled in with a sigh, might as well be use to someone.

“Ah, that is truly a shame. By the scent upon Sesshomaru she is a remarkable creature.” Myoga said as Sesshomaru’s hand closed around the flea, but not crushing him. “I’m sorry my lord!” the flea shrieked in terror. “Please! Don’t squish me! I’m but a humble servant! I’m only doing the job your father left me!”

“Myoga, where is the whelp my father sired?” Sesshomaru demanded coldly as he opened his hand. Myoga seemed to calm down from a near heart attack and sighed as he looked at the young lord curiously.

“He is in a village, living with a miko’s family,” Myoga said as Sesshomaru listened. “To the east, a three days walk from here.”

“Three days for you or for this Sesshomaru?” Sesshomaru demanded.

“For you, my lord, I got here on the back of an animal that ran through the forest the entire time. With breaks it would take longer.” Myoga said as he pointed to an exhausted animal that was passed out on the ground not too far away. Sesshomaru nodded as they turned and headed towards the castle.

“Where are you going, milord?” Jaken squawked confused.

“To let her know I’m leaving on a trip,” Sesshomaru said coolly. Jaken ran to catch up and follow, though confused as to why his master was telling a female he couldn’t stand where he was going. Myoga remained in his hand the whole way to the chambers she was resting in.

They walked in and Myoga was struck surprised. There was a female neko hanyou laying on the bed, her breathing labored, and she looked to be running a fever. Sesshomaru sat down beside her and looked at her, though no emotions broke through the mask still. “My lord, she has been poisoned.” Myoga said softly.

“She was poisoned when she got here, you need to suck the poison out while this Sesshomaru is gone.” Sesshomaru commanded. “And nothing inappropriate.” Myoga bowed as he jumped onto her shoulder. “Jaken you shall remain to guard her, no one but the healer shall see this female.”

“Of course, milord, what if she should wake up?” Jaken asked confused.

“There are kimonos and yukata in the wardrobe.” Sesshomaru said as he turned to leave. “She had better be alive when this Sesshomaru returns or there will be two less youkai for the exterminators to worry about.” With that he was gone as the two shook terrified by the bedside of the sick female. What none of them realized was that she was awake during the whole thing.

Sesshomaru walked east for three days and found Inuyasha’s scent upon the forest quickly. It was mixed with two humans, a boy and a girl. Disgusted by how low his half brother sank, Sesshomaru continued through the forest until he came upon the village. He quickly discovered he couldn’t pass through. Irritated with the barrier he noticed a small hut outside the village and headed that way, as his brother’s scent was there as well.

“What do you want, Sesshomaru?” a voice demanded behind him. He turned around and came face to face with his half brother and two mikos, an old one that looked frailer than rice paper and a young one, one of the scents his brother had on him. Both were armed and obviously dangerous.

“This Sesshomaru requests you return to father’s castle.” Sesshomaru said as Inuyasha looked at him stunned, obviously not expecting this.

“And why does this Sesshomaru request that I return to father’s castle?” Inuyasha asked scathingly. Both women behind him remained firm and standing behind him prepared to attack if need be. Sesshomaru seemed to be controlling his temper, though his eyes flashed red.

“Because there is a hanyou that needs your assistance,” Sesshomaru said shortly. “She has been ill, poisoned, and will need help recuperating.” Inuyasha and the others continued to look at him like he was a foreign object.

“Explain, now,” Inuyasha said as he crossed his arms.

“Inuyasha, lets take this inside before he frightens the villagers. They’re afraid of youkai and if they see him they’ll panic.” Kagome said softly as she walked up. Inuyasha nodded and led the way to the hut he was building with Souta. The two women followed as did Sesshomaru. Once inside and seated they all just stared at each other.

“Alright, now explain,” Inuyasha said sternly. Sesshomaru seemed unperturbed by this demand.

“The female arrived at the castle five nights ago,” Sesshomaru said as he looked at Inuyasha alone. “She had been in a fight, poison races through her body, and she is very weak. Myoga is currently taking the poisons from her body, but there is still little hope.”

“And what do you want me for?” Inuyasha demanded, surprised and furious his brother is showing concern for this female hanyou. All that struck him was that it was a hanyou, nothing more.

“This Sesshomaru can not remain away for very long, Myoga can explain it to you later.” Sesshomaru said sternly. “This Sesshomaru requests you find a plant to help with the poison, but you may very well have to see her first. The poison travels quickly, the healer has bled her several times and this Sesshomaru does not think another bleeding will help.”

“Why should I?” Inuyasha demanded. “And what the hell makes the difference between me and that other hanyou? What makes her so special?” Sesshomaru just stared at him.

“You were never forbidden from returning to father’s castle. This Sesshomaru felt you should learn how to survive in the real world, not from a castle that would protect you. Neither one of us has lived in that castle since we were pups.” Sesshomaru explained as Inuyasha looked at him disbelieving. “You would allow an innocence to die?”

“You’re seeking compassion, an uncompassionate bastard like you? I don’t know where you get off coming here and demanding my help, all the trouble you’ve caused.” Inuyasha said angrily. “Fuck no, go the hell away.” Sesshomaru stood up and left silently as the women remained silent and Inuyasha sat there fuming.

“Do you think it wise, Inuyasha?” Kagome asked softly after Kaede left them. Inuyasha looked at her and shrugged as he sighed and sat against a wall.

“If she dies, there’s nothing I can do to help her, especially if she’s still suffering from the poisons. By now she should have been healed by her youkai blood.” Inuyasha said as he thought. “That makes me think she’s not going to live and it’d be a waste of time. We have more important things to worry about, like the coming winter.” With that he got up and left as Kagome sighed and looked around as she thought.

Sesshomaru walked silently through the forest as he thought. He didn’t understand how he was going to get help for this female. He didn’t know herbs, he knew Inuyasha did or that female even would know something to help with the poison. He heard rustling of the leaves behind him and ignored it, it wasn’t Inuyasha as he knew to be silent.

“Wait!” a female’s voice called. He stopped and turned to see the younger of the two mikos that were with his brother. “Give her this, it helps with most poisons.” She said handing a dried herb. Sesshomaru nodded as he accepted it. “You love her, don’t you?”

“This Sesshomaru doesn’t love anyone, but her scent is most enticing, like yours is to Inuyasha.” he said as she blushed. “Thank you, miko, as I’m sure he doesn’t know you’re here.” With that he turned and left her alone in the forest. He arrived on the other end of the forest and saw Inuyasha waiting for him.

“I see Kagome found you,” Inuyasha said as he leaned against a tree. “Now, what do you want?”

“This Sesshomaru...” he started.

“Cut the ‘this Sesshomaru’ crap,” Inuyasha snapped. “You’re nothing but a jackass who can’t do jack shit on your own. I wouldn’t help you even if I wanted to with all the shit you pulled.”

“Then remove yourself from my way,” Sesshomaru said annoyed. “I don’t have time to listen to your bellyaching.”

“She’s not going to live, even if you give her that herb,” Inuyasha snapped. “The girl can’t live with that much poison in her system and she sure as hell should have healed herself by now if she’s a fucking hanyou.”

“Watch what you say,” Sesshomaru growled. “Or should I start to insult the miko?” Inuyasha growled back furiously. “She can’t heal herself, the poison won’t allow her body to transform back. I figured you’d know how to on command and assist her. She contains spiritual powers, she must have purified herself to heal and it didn’t work.” Inuyasha just sighed as he scratched at the back of his head and thought. Every cell in his head was screaming to forget about his half brother and his problems, they were just that, his problems.

“I can’t,” Inuyasha said tiredly. “I never needed to worry about that. She was in a fight, do you know what poisoned her?”

“No, she stumbled to the castle, the guard at the gates found her. They were prepared to finish her off until Jaken and I found them. I ordered her inside and a healer to her. I made sure no harm came to her, Jaken continues to make sure no one harms her.” Sesshomaru explained.

“She only stands a chance if you can get her that herb,” Inuyasha said as he sighed. “Kagome and I will be there in a week to check on her. Take that to her and see if it helps.” Sesshomaru left as Inuyasha sighed and headed into the forest. He found Kagome as she walked slowly back to their hut. “You shouldn’t have helped him.”

“I can’t stand the idea of standing aside as an innocent woman dies,” Kagome said as he nodded in agreement.

“I know, we’ll be heading out in two days to see how things are looking. It’s about a three day travel from here,” Inuyasha explained. Kagome nodded as they walked into the village. “So I suggest packing more of that herb, she sounds pretty bad, and see if there’s a way to reverse purification. Apparently this female has spiritual powers.”

“I’ll go talk to Kaede,” Kagome said before walking off. Inuyasha walked into the hut to see Souta sitting at the table eating lunch with Li.

“Good afternoon, Inuyasha,” Li said as he nodded to her. “Is everything alright?”

“Yeah, just to let you know Kagome and I have to go on a small trip in a few days. My half brother has a sick female at his castle and needs help taking care of her.” Inuyasha said as he sat down. “Kagome ran to speak with Kaede about the situation for more information.” Li smiled and nodded as Souta looked excited.

“Are we all going?” he asked curiously.

“I think this is a trip Kagome and I should make alone, just because my half brother doesn’t know what to do with this female that’s sick, let alone what he’s going to do with another hanyou and now a human in his castle. It’s best to keep it to a minimum, he’s not very intelligent.” Inuyasha said as he thought of an excuse to keep Souta from going. The young man smirked and nodded before returning to his food.

Sesshomaru returned to his castle with the herb and handed it to the healer. “It’s from a miko who says it should help her, do what you have to to heal her.” Sesshomaru ordered as the healer bowed and ran off to work with the herb. Sesshomaru returned to his room to see the female shaking as if she were freezing but covered in a fine sheen of sweat. He sat down and gently took her hand to feel no response, like usual, making him wonder if it was absolutely necessary to have his half brother come along with the miko because she may not make it the next couple of days.

Jaken remained outside the room, unwilling to go inside and get yelled at for asking a simple question, like why his lord allowed a half-breed into his bed. He sighed as he tried to figure out what this would mean for the kingdom, not that he was sure Sesshomaru knew what any of it ever meant.

----------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry if it’s been a while since I last updated. Matchmaker has been taking a lot of my time, along with work, my fiancé, and a whole other slew of fun thingies. Please, enjoy and I promise to update again soon.