InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Fairy Tale ❯ Story of the Greatest Evil That's Ever Lived ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Feudal Fairy Tale

Starlight Demon 22

Warning: I do NOT own Inuyasha, the other characters, or the plot from the manga or anime. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi and everyone involved with that whole thing. I only own my own character, Akemi, other than that no.

Chapter 10- Story of the Greatest Evil That’s Ever Lived
***************************************************************** ***********************************************
After the dinner Kagome walked with Inuyasha back to their rooms. He sighed as he walked with her, knowing his older half brother would kill him if he attempted to sleep in the same room as her. She quickly changed and headed into Sesshomaru’s room with him in tow. There the healer was seated by the balcony and the hanyou was resting peacefully in the large bed. As they walked up to her they noticed she was paler.

“Inuyasha, go get Sesshomaru,” Kagome said quickly as she unwrapped the female. Inuyasha nodded and bolted out of the room as the healer looked at what she was doing.

“You’re not going to help her,” she said as Kagome looked at the female stunned. She knew she wasn’t going to be able to help this, the slashes on her body were deep and she knew most, if not all, of her blood was drained from her. When Sesshomaru and Inuyasha returned, she heard a gasp and knew it wasn’t Sesshomaru. Kagome sighed as she shook her head.

“She’s gone, my lord,” Kagome said softly as she looked at the healer. “Someone killed her.” Sesshomaru’s growl startled Kagome as she backed up for his inspection of the body. Inuyasha stood next to her and sighed as he thought, figuring the smell of death was covered by the fact that the windows were still open and there was a living entity in the room, the healer.

“Who did this to her?” he snarled furiously.

“That I don’t know, my lord,” the healer said softly as she stood and bowed. “I came to check upon her and I found her like this. You seemed to be having such a good...”

“You should have come and taken this Sesshomaru from the dinner,” Sesshomaru said coldly.

“We’re leaving this argument,” Inuyasha said in Kagome’s ear. She turned to look at him confused. “Trust me.”

“What does it matter anyway?” the healer snapped as they left. “She’s dead, your good deed is done.” Both knew that was not a wise thing to say to Sesshomaru at this time.

“You will remove yourself from this castle and these lands. If this Sesshomaru so much as smells you on the wind, you will be removed.” Sesshomaru snarled as his hand rested on his sword as if it were truly a threat. Quickly she left the room as he sighed and looked at the girl on his bed. He removed the sword and looked at her with feint hope. Fortunately she was putting up a fight going to hell and the little creatures hadn’t been able to get her wrapped in their chains. Figuring she hadn’t truly died that long ago, Sesshomaru swiped the sword, destroying the little creatures. Their cries of pain were almost gratifying as he noticed the wounds heal and heard her heartbeat resume.

“You should return to her side.” Sesshomaru said to Kagome outside the room. “We must talk.” he said to Inuyasha. Inuyasha nodded as Kagome walked in, surprised to see her sitting up and gasping for air as if there were nothing else wrong with her.

“You’re alive? But you were just dead!” Kagome said stunned.

“Apparently death isn’t a match for that one,” she said tiredly. “You must be the miko.”

“My name is Kagome,” she responded with a bow. “How do you feel, Akemi?”

“As well as I did before that fight.” Akemi said as she tried her limbs. “It feels like its been ages since I’ve moved.” Kagome nodded as she looked at her and thought before leaving the room. She returned with a spare kimono and handed it to her. “Thank you.”

“It doesn’t do you to sit in bloody clothes,” Kagome said with a shrug. “They might be a little small.” Akemi smiled and nodded as she shrugged herself and got up to change. Kagome helped her keep her balance as she moved behind a screen and changed while they heard the two returning. Sesshomaru looked at Akemi surprised as she returned in the new clothes, uncertain what to do with the bloody ones.

“Just drop them on the floor,” Sesshomaru said as Akemi looked at him startled. She nodded as she sighed and thought. A violet light surrounded her as her ears appeared on her head and violet stripes adorned her face, similar to Sesshomaru’s. She also had a tail, stripes went down it as well, same color as the ones on her face. She smiled weakly as they looked at her, no one really caring that she was a hanyou or not. Sesshomaru pulled her against himself, kissing her passionately to everyone but Akemi’s surprise.

“Come on, they need to be alone for a bit, and you need rest,” Inuyasha said as he led Kagome out of the room, closing the door behind them. Kagome sighed as she changed and slid into bed, not caring that Inuyasha was in the room with her.

“Are you staying here?” she asked sleepily.

“If you want me to,” Inuyasha replied. Kagome smiled innocently as she thought. She smiled sweetly and patted the bed, signaling he could join her. He grinned as he walked up to her. “Then I’ll be right back.” Kagome giggled and nodded as she started to rest, waiting for him to join her. She smiled as she got picked up, blanket and all, and pulled to a corner. Inuyasha sat down and pulled her into his lap, wrapping the blanket around the two, and fell asleep holding her.

Sesshomaru, despite when they left, wasn’t as interested in mating as he was finding information. It could never be said he wasn’t curious as to what happened to this female that had him use Tenseiga on her. They sat down at a small table as maids quickly cleaned the bed and the bloody clothes. He had food and drink brought for her and watched as she practically inhaled the food.

“Sorry,” she said bashfully when the food and drink were taken away. “I’m sure you want to know what happened to me.” Sesshomaru nodded as the maids all finished up and left the room. “I was coming thru your lands with a message for you from my father. I don’t know what it said, it was destroyed in the fight. I was blindsided in the forest. First this idiot youkai came in thundering something about no humans and hanyou without the lord’s permission and then this hanyou appeared after I got rid of him.”

“Did you kill the idiot youkai?” Sesshomaru asked knowing who it was. She shook her head. “Tell me about the hanyou.”

“He looked human and before I even inhaled he fooled me for a second. He was suave, with long dark flowing hair, pale as death skin, and his eyes were...” she shuddered as she thought about his eyes. Sesshomaru took her hand and looked at her with concern. “They were dark, like hell’s fires were burning in them, menacing. His laugh was as cold. All of the sudden I was surrounded by these tentacles and random weak youkai. He said it would be dangerous for him if I were to make it to you with the message from my father. During the fight he got it and destroyed it. Then he left me for dead, where you or someone you know found me.” Sesshomaru nodded as he thought.

“Then we will have to go find your father,” Sesshomaru said as Akemi looked at him surprised. “But we should rest, today’s been quite a day.” Akemi nodded as she stood up and was led to the now clean bed. She slid into it and was surprised to feel him pull her against himself. With a sigh she fell to sleep as he relaxed against her.

The next morning Akemi and Sesshomaru were met at breakfast by Kagome and Inuyasha. Sesshomaru merely nodded over some morning tea while Akemi smiled before taking a bite of her food. “You should really eat,” she said turning to him, “especially if you want to find father.” Inuyasha looked at Sesshomaru confused.

“You’re feeling better then?” Kagome asked smiling.

“Yes, thank you for your help.” Akemi said happily. Kagome smiled back and shrugged.

“My pleasure,” Kagome said as she started to eat as well. Inuyasha ate, knowing that he’d have to force Sesshomaru to tell him what’s going on after the girls were gone. He’d probably tell them to go enjoy the hot springs or something. Sesshomaru knew what Inuyasha wanted though.

“Akemi was coming to me when she was attacked in our lands, brother,” Sesshomaru said as Inuyasha nodded and waited to hear what was going on. “She and I are going to find her father to find out the message, if you wish to know it you may join us.” Akemi nodded in agreement as she ate and as Inuyasha thought about it. They weren’t needed back home and it was rather nice being alone with Kagome for a bit of a period of time.

“Unless Kagome has any objections we can join you,” he said looking to her. Kagome smiled and shrugged while shaking her head.

“None that I can think of,” Kagome said with a shrug. “The village is protected by Kaede, they don’t need me full time yet.” Inuyasha nodded as he looked to Sesshomaru.

“Then it is settled you shall join us,” Sesshomaru said as Akemi smiled and nodded in agreement.

“The more the merrier.” she said as she relaxed some. Kagome giggled and nodded as she noticed that Sesshomaru and Akemi, facially, were exact opposites. He was emotionless and cold and she was perky and emotionally obvious, it was kind of humorous. Sesshomaru merely nodded to her statement before taking another sip of his tea. Akemi giggled at him as she winked at Kagome.

“Sesshomaru only wants to go quickly and figure out what’s going on, cause I won’t mate him until I figure out what my father was up to and if he’s alright.” Akemi said as she and Kagome giggled together. It was obvious the two were going to get along beautifully. Sesshomaru just remained silent as he ate and made sure she ate. Inuyasha sighed and shook his head as he thought about it, he was kind of in the same position, only he had to build a hut and prove he could provide for a family.

“So, where are you from, Akemi? How did you get hurt and end up here?” Kagome asked curiously. Akemi nodded as she put her tea down and thought about it.

“Father had sent me here with a message for Lord Sesshomaru,” Akemi said as she thought about it. “I’m not quite sure, what ever it was he made it so I wasn’t really interested in it. Anyway, I was cutting through the forest when I got attacked by this idiot youkai mumbling something about hanyou not being allowed by the lord’s orders.”

“You know, you really should do something about that bastard,” Inuyasha said irritably. Sesshomaru waved his hand at him as if to say yes, I hear you, but no I’m not doing anything. Rolling his eyes, Inuyasha allowed her to continue as Sesshomaru seemed to be enthralled by the story.

“Yes, something should be done about idiot, but he’s nothing to the hanyou that I ended up running into.” Akemi said sighing and shaking her head. “He looked human, dark flowing hair, pale skin, but his eyes were so dark and menacing.” She swallowed hard before looking up at them. “It was like the fires of hell burned in his eyes and he seemed vengeful upon everyone around. The next second he didn’t look as human anymore, well the top half of him did, the bottom half was masses of tentacles and things. I was surrounded and it was almost impossible for me to get free as dozens of weak youkai were attacking me.” Kagome just shook her head as she listened.

“He said it was dangerous for the message I carried to get to Lord Sesshomaru from my father. In the fight he got it and destroyed it, leaving me for dead after practically ripping me to shreds. I attempted to purify him, but hanyou are harder to kill.” Akemi finished. “Then I woke up here.” Kagome nodded with a sad look as she thought. She’s never heard of such a youkai, let alone a hanyou. “My greatest worry is that he went after father after me. I hope not, but there’s really only one way to find out.” Kagome and Inuyasha nodded in agreement. Sesshomaru remained ever so silent, they almost forgot he was there.

“I wonder who or what that hanyou was. I’ve never heard of a half human, half tentacle creature before.” Kagome said as she thought about it. “Maybe that youkai saw him.”

“It is a high possibility,” Sesshomaru said stoically, “which is why I’ve ordered him to the castle this morning. If something is patrolling my lands without warrant or need, I want them to either stop or be removed.” Inuyasha just nodded in agreement as he ate.

“Still think you should just rid yourself of the idiot.” Inuyasha muttered before taking a bite of his breakfast. Sesshomaru sighed and resumed eating as Kagome and Akemi just smirked at each other.

“Before I forget, thank you for loaning me your robes, Kagome,” Akemi said appreciatively.

“Before we leave the seamstress will be here to take your measurements so she can fit you with more proper clothes of your station and for traveling.” Sesshomaru informed Akemi and then to Kagome. Both nodded, though fairly confused about. Sesshomaru looked to Inuyasha. “We also have to pick up a few other items ourselves while they’re being worked on.”

“Like what?” Inuyasha asked confused.

“Tenseiga and Tetsusaiga,” Sesshomaru said as if it were obvious. The other three occupants of the table stared at him blankly. “Father’s swords.” Inuyasha nodded as the girls shrugged to each other before eating.

Just as they finished the youkai fondly known as idiot to them was escorted into the hall. He seemed very gracious and happy to have an appearance with his lord until he saw who else was there. Paling slightly and getting irritated that they were there with Lord Sesshomaru, he walked up and bowed to them respectfully none the same.

“I hear you are patrolling my borders, making sure unwanted beings are not entering without warrant,” Sesshomaru said coolly. The youkai looked down and blubbered random muttered answers as if being asked a question. “This is to stop or I will stop it, understand?”

“Yes...yes, milord,” he said as he bowed hating each of the three there at the table.

“Now the reason you were summoned,” Sesshomaru said as the youkai looked at him surprised. “You were in the area around the time Lady Akemi was attacked and nearly killed, yes?”

“Yes, milord, I told her hanyou and humans were not allowed within the lord’s lands without permission from the lord. She said she had an urgent message for you and managed to evade my chase. Before I could catch her again there was a barrier up. I thought she had put it up to keep me from pursuing her. So, I left.” he said as Sesshomaru sat back and thought.

“You didn’t see the other hanyou?” she asked him softly. “He looked almost human.” The youkai thought about it and shook his head.

“The exact spot where you were attacked I couldn’t get to, he erected a barrier,” he said as if it were as obvious as the nose on his face. “I thought it was you.” She sighed and nodded as she thought.

“Were there any other youkai in the area that you saw or smelled that day?” Sesshomaru demanded. If not this youkai was useless and would be effectively kicked out of his castle in seconds.

“No, milord,” the youkai said as Sesshomaru nodded. “Your guard had already passed there two days prior, none were due to return for another two days.”

“Fine, you may leave,” Sesshomaru said as the youkai obviously looked disappointed that he couldn’t be of some help. He turned and left as two guard followed him. Sesshomaru watched as Akemi sighed somewhat disappointedly. It was obvious she thought they thought she was hallucinating or something extreme like that. “We’ll figure it out.”

“Before or after another attack that may kill the next one?” Akemi asked softly. “I just want to be able to forewarn father if this thing decides to get to him after we figure everything out.” Sesshomaru nodded as he squeezed her hand a little. Though no one said it, everyone was certain that this hanyou that attacked Akemi had gone straight after her father again. They weren’t sure what they would find when they found him.

><><><><><><><>& lt;><><><><><><><><>< ><><><><><><><><>
Ye ah, of course I get that apology letter up and I get a brainstorm as big as the Great Flood. o.O So, I hope the chapters make sense and I hope you enjoy them. Let me know!