InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Fairy Tale ❯ Male vs Female, Let the Fun Begin! ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Feudal Fairy Tale

Starlight Demon 22

Warning: I do NOT own Inuyasha, the other characters, or the plot from the manga or anime. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi and everyone involved with that whole thing. I only own my own character, Akemi, other than that no.

Chapter 11- Male vs Female, Let the Fun Begin!
**************************************************************** ************************************************
After about an hour they prepared to leave. Though Kagome and Inuyasha were prepared for travel, they weren’t prepared for a long trip. Akemi and Sesshomaru met them by the gates of the castle, looking prepared for anything, and arguing about something. It was obvious Akemi was a very open minded female, but it was also obvious that she was a very independent female. That alone made her even more of an unusual female of this time. Sesshomaru, despite the emotionless mask on his face, was obviously not pleased, and Akemi, whose face was filled with emotion, at this moment anger, was apparently standing her ground.

“You have no choice,” Sesshomaru said stoically, which seemed to irritate the irate female hanyou further.

“Have no choice? It’s my life!” she screeched at him furiously. “I will do as I please! If there’s a fight and I decide to join it, then I will damn well join it!” Inuyasha and Kagome looked on curiously, this was getting to be an interesting fight. They haven’t reached this argument, though Kagome figured it would come since it was now brought up.

“As the male, I make the decisions and, you being female and my intended will listen and stay out of any fights.” Sesshomaru said, his demeanor turning cool as Akemi looked prepared to explode. “And that’s final, Akemi.” Inuyasha just looked at Kagome, who shot him a warning glance, as he tried not to burst out with laughter. They both knew Akemi would scream until her lungs gave out and still scream some more.

“Fine,” Akemi said as she looked to turn as icy cold as Sesshomaru, “you can attempt to find my father on your own, I’m going without you.” With that she turned and stomped right out of the gates. Kagome and Inuyasha watched her surprised as Sesshomaru stared at the spot she had been standing in for a few minuets. As he moved Kagome rolled her eyes hearing the comment about insufferable females of some sort and followed with Inuyasha.

“We had better follow to make sure she doesn’t hurt herself.” Sesshomaru said, the manner came off almost as bored.

“She got this far without help, she’s stronger than she looks,” Kagome said as Inuyasha chuckled.

“Yeah, sure,” he said as if he didn’t believe her. “That’s like saying you’d have made it here by yourself.” Kagome stopped and stared at him surprised and annoyed. “Females can’t do anything...” he stopped when he noticed she wasn’t with them. He paled when he noticed she didn’t look very happy. “Um...?”

“Oh so pigheaded males run in the family?” Kagome demanded. Sesshomaru stopped to see what was going on. “Akemi! Wait for me! I’m coming with you!” She called and ran ahead as Inuyasha looked very confused and stunned that Kagome had said and done that.

“What the fuck!” he bellowed at her as she ran off. Akemi waited and walked with Kagome, both grumbling about jerk males as the two jerks followed them. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha followed the two females, to protect them from their selves in their minds. As night time fell, both parties started to make camp.

“They’re cooking,” Inuyasha whimpered as delicious smells came from the two girls’ camp. Akemi had gone off and killed some rabbits for them and Kagome had started a fire and cooked them for the two. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were eating nothing, there was no fire, and they were both very hungry. The two males couldn’t agree on who should hunt, who should build the fire, and who should cook.

“They’re not eating anything,” Kagome whispered to Akemi. She nodded, she knew they couldn’t hear but they were watching miserably. “Should we invite them to come over? They don’t even have a fire.” Akemi sighed as she finished eating her rabbit.

“I guess,” Akemi said as if it were an impossible choice to make. The two got up and headed towards the two males. Quickly Sesshomaru and Inuyasha tried to make it seem like they were comfortable and relaxed. “Give it up, idiots.” Akemi said as she and Kagome crossed their arms.

“We have extra food, a warm fire, and a whole camp set up. What do the big strong males have?” Kagome snapped. It was obvious what they wanted, though the two thickheads before them couldn’t make out the idea. Both females rolled their eyes as they realized their companions were morons.

“Fine, we’ll spell it out for you,” Akemi said coolly. “You can join us, eat, and be warm, under one condition.”

“And what is that?” Sesshomaru demanded as Inuyasha jumped up at the idea of food. Akemi smiled and neither male seemed to like it.

“But haven’t you realized yet, my big, strong, male intended?” Akemi asked as sweetly as possible. Both looked as though they’ve had too much sugar and realized they were in trouble.

“No,” Sesshomaru said as Inuyasha looked at him just short of horrified. “I will not stoop to that.” Akemi shrugged and turned around.

“Fine then, we’ll find some other hungry and cold dogs and allow them to join us, whatever,” Akemi said over her shoulder as Kagome shrugged and followed. As soon as they were back in their camp Inuyasha looked at his older half brother stunned.

“What the...? What the fuck?!” he screeched furiously. “They were offering us their food!”

“The cost was too high for either of us,” Sesshomaru said as if it were that simple. Inuyasha glared at him as he thought. “They wanted us to declare them dominant.” Inuyasha grumbled and groaned as he fell to the ground and thought. Sesshomaru was right, they were the males and that meant they were alpha. The females weren’t lead of the pack, males were. Though, he whimpered as he smelled the meat cooking, he’d be willing to lie to get free food.

As the males listened to their stomachs demand food, the females were relaxing and curling up by their warm fire prepared for sleep. Akemi relaxed against a tree and stared into the fire as she thought. Kagome was laying down by it and watched her. It was hard for her to watch Inuyasha, he was usually watching her.

“How long do you think it’ll take to find you father?” Kagome asked curiously. Akemi sighed and shrugged as she thought about the answer.

“A week, maybe,” Akemi said as Kagome nodded. “Maybe more, maybe a little less. We have to get to the edge of the Western Lands, that’s where we parted. I’m sure he’s still around there.” Kagome nodded in agreement as they heard Inuyasha yell at Sesshomaru again about food. “They’ll be here either tomorrow night or the night after.” Akemi predicted. “They’re idiots.”

“Yeah,” Kagome said with a sigh, “but they’re our idiots.” Akemi nodded in agreement silently. On that note, they went to sleep, positive their idiots would keep them safe through the night.

The next morning the refreshed females found two cold and disgruntled males waiting for them away from the camp. Unsure of whether or not they should feel sorry for them, or laugh, they built them a fire and got them some food. Both Sesshomaru and Inuyasha inhaled what they were given before the girls resumed ignoring them.

Akemi and Kagome ignored them as they walked, as if the two weren’t there. They were out to prove many things, haven proved a few things the night before, to their two arrogant mates-to-be. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were obviously thinking, they weren’t talking, not that Sesshomaru was a chatter box, and were behind the two females. They walked for most of the morning in silence, well the males did. Akemi and Kagome spoke about their pasts, their training as spiritual women, and such. They got along very well, and quickly became close.

“Rest,” Sesshomaru said as he and Inuyasha stopped. Both females stopped and turned around as if waiting to hear what was to be said. “You should stop and rest.”

“I don’t need any rest,” Kagome said with a shrug. Akemi nodded in agreement.

“I’m fine, thank you, we’ll keep going,” Akemi said as they turned to continue on. “I want to cover as much land as possible, thank you.” Sesshomaru growled annoyed, his headstrong mate was getting to him.

“And I told you to rest,” Sesshomaru said sharply as he and Inuyasha kept up with them. Akemi glared at him annoyed. “Don’t you even start.”

“Then you don’t,” she snapped back. “Stay behind us, or you rest if you’re so tired. It’s not my fault you two don’t know how to take care of yourselves outside of your giant castle.” With that Akemi and Kagome moved on as Inuyasha and Sesshomaru seemed almost surprised at her.

“Why am I getting in trouble?” Inuyasha asked out loud. “I didn’t tell you to rest!” He ran after them, hoping to get in their good graces once more.

“Come on, Inuyasha,” Kagome called behind them, “keep up!”

“I’m coming, calm down,” Inuyasha said as he walked with them. Sesshomaru remained behind the three, sick of all their attitudes. He was half tempted to return to the castle, taking Akemi along kicking and screaming as Inuyasha and Kagome followed behind silently. Though, he wondered if Kagome wouldn’t put up a fight as well to keep Akemi on track.

The sun was setting on their second day out and about in search of Akemi’s father and again separate camps were made. Because Inuyasha wasn’t around Sesshomaru had set up a fire, hunted, and prepared his own meal. Inuyasha went hunting to prove he was a good provider for Kagome, Akemi just happened to get some as well. Grumbling about sleeping alone, Sesshomaru relaxed as he waited for the sun to rise. He wanted Akemi to sleep with him that night, as Inuyasha had Kagome in his lap and his arms around her. He wanted that, but he also wanted his dignity and bowing down to Akemi like she wanted wasn’t a possibility with their status in the world.

After Inuyasha and Kagome fell asleep, warm and comfortable together, Akemi wandered over to Sesshomaru’s camp and sat down before him. He looked at her, though he wasn’t willing to admit, as a man lost in the desert looked at water. He fought back the whimper that wanted to call out to her, to make her forgive him, and to have her care for him again like before. The look on her face said that she had read his mind. She slid in front of him and sat there as if thinking about what she was doing.

“Well?” she said as if he had called her there for something. He gave her a blank look and she rolled her eyes. She knew his game and wasn’t going to play it. “Don’t give me that look, I know you know how to show some emotion.” Sesshomaru growled a little. She growled back, her ears flat against her head, and she looked irritated.

“You have no right to be angry at me,” he snapped. She looked affronted at this. “You are to be my mate, that means you are to listen to me.” Akemi rolled her eyes as she regained her composure, this seemed to irritate him further. “I’m serious.”

“And I’m not?” she snapped back. “No wonder you like that sniveling little toad, he does whatever you say like a mindless drone. Well, I’m sorry Sesshomaru, I’m not mindless. I was raised to have a mind, I was raised to be independent, and I was raised to think on my own. Do you see the pattern? Or do I have to paint you a pretty picture?” Sesshomaru didn’t look amused at her sarcasm, which seemed to be a byproduct of her anger.

“My mate is to listen to me,” he said as she looked at him as if it were a low blow. With a heavy sigh, Akemi stood up and turned her back.

“Then obviously,” she said softly, almost silently, “you don’t want me to be your mate.” She walked back to her camp silently as he stared at her surprised. The scent of the salt of her tears assaulted his senses as he watched her curl up by her own fire and sleep. Despite the warmth of the night, Sesshomaru felt cold and hollow. He couldn’t possibly think of what to say to that...well he could, but he didn’t think she’d believe him. They had fought about something serious, the way she should act, and the outcome only had two options, they find a middle ground and she stays with him or Akemi would end up leaving Sesshomaru. He didn’t want the latter.

The next morning everyone resumed their trek through the woods towards the boarder of the Western Lands where Akemi would find her father. Sesshomaru kept up with the group, but everyone was just about forced into an uneasy silence as it was obvious of the tension between Akemi and Sesshomaru. Kagome and Inuyasha couldn’t figure out what, but they knew something had happened between the taiyoukai of the west and the female that had caught his nose.

They came upon a stream midday and decided to rest, eat, and energize themselves for the afternoon and early evening. Akemi caught some fish and they cooked them up and ate them. Sesshomaru joined them at the camp, though he didn’t sit near Akemi. She wouldn’t look at him, nor him her, and the other couple there didn’t know what was going on or what to do to help.

Now none of them realized it had been three days in the woods and not a single attack. Most youkai, humans, or hanyou would have probably thanked every available god for this that they could think of, but these four hadn’t noticed a thing. It wasn’t until the pack of boar youkai came thundering out of the woods did they think about such a thing.

Sesshomaru and Inuyasha put the reluctant girls behind them as they prepared to defend them from the boar pack that had stumbled upon them and filled with a mixture of lust and hunger. Though they probably wouldn’t mate with the two females, they’d rape them for the hell of it and then kill them. That’s after they killed the two males with them.

As the fight began, Akemi and Kagome quickly realized the two weren’t going to let them fight. Not that it mattered, while they were dispatching one ominous creature, another would slip by to get them. Akemi would poison while Kagome would purify any that came near them and after two hours of fighting, the boar youkai pack was completely destroyed. Inuyasha was comforting Kagome, as she did get slightly hurt from the altercation, while Sesshomaru looked at Akemi. She was panting a little and looked as though she came from a great workout. He walked up to her, pushing her against a tree, and kissed her passionately. Kagome and Inuyasha watched surprised as the two started to practically make out, as opposed to their arguing prior to the fight. When they’d part, either to kiss the other’s cheeks or necks, they mumbled to each other how wonderful they were during the fight.

“Don’t you two start mating all of the sudden!” Inuyasha called to them, only to be laughed at and smacked playfully by Kagome. Akemi and Sesshomaru just ignored him, or made it seem like they did, before Sesshomaru picked her up and moved her back the way they came. Inuyasha rolled his eyes as he returned to nursing his wounded mate. The two returned after about half an hour messed up with leaves and twigs caught in their hair. Akemi tried to hold her head up as if nothing happened, Sesshomaru seemed willing to go back and continue their little game. They continued their journey, as the two preened themselves, until sundown.