InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ Amusing Her ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"...Can't change this feeling

I'm way out of touch

Can't change this meaning

It means too much

Never been this lonely

Never felt so good

Can't be the only one misunderstood

I remind myself of somebody else

Feeling like I'm chasing

Like I'm facing myself alone

I've got somebody else's thoughts in my head

I want some of my own

I want some of my own

I want some of my own

Can you see me up here?

Would you bring me back down?

Cause I've been living to see my fears

As they fall to the ground..." - Lifehouse, Someone Else's Song

0-o-0-o-0

Kagome awoke to the feel of Inuyasha's boot on her butt. She felt it a couple more times. Too many feelings in the morning...

"STOP KICKING ME!" she snapped and sat up, rubbing her sore behind. Inuyasha grinned in a rather sadistic way, and snapped his hands. Four guards immediately came, and Kagome noted that one of them was carrying chains.

"Awake yet bitch?"

Kagome growled. Inuyasha just laughed and motioned for the guards to chain her up. Kagome glared at them, and three hesitated. The other one paused in his movements as soon as he noticed he was the only one moving. Kagome mentally grinned. So these poor saps are scared of me are they..?

Kagome relaxed herself, letting herself slump towards the ground and mentally prepared herself to spring into a crouch. The men slowly shuffled forward, and were advancing. Inuyasha scoffed and began to head out of the tent.

Fire and Ice

Chapter Seven

Amusing Her

By: bs

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Inuyasha turned around in time to see all four guards run out of the tent, screaming their heads off.

"What the - ?!" and he was knocked over by one of the running men. Inuyasha quickly jumped up and growled. "What the fuck was that for?!?!"

Kagome quickly lifted up the flap to the tent and got out. She started to walk over to Sango, who immediately stopped her conversation with one of the men, noting Inuyasha's murderous glare. Kagome nodded to her and Sango got up, but not quickly enough to block Inuyasha's tirade.

"What are you doing bitch?" He spat out. "I want you in chains and I want you in them now." He hissed, glaring. He turned and motioned for a few men to come over, and they did so... dragging their feet. "Hey!" Inuyasha growled indignantly.

The men sped up, and soon were around Kagome again, but Kagome just stood there with her arms crossed... and she had a very bored expression on her face. "What? Do you really want to lose your insides? I doubt it. I haven't seen a single man yet who's lived without a heart... or a pair of good lungs for that matter..." Kagome sneered. "I told you. I will stay. You don't have to fucking chain me like a stupid bat or something. And get Aoi off chains." The men, with great looks of relief on their faces, backed away and the chains were being put away.

Inuyasha fumed. "Hey! You don't fucking give orders here bitch, and I want you chained so you will be!" He stormed over to where the chains were laying and picked it up. "Even if I have to fucking do it myself!" He gave the men standing around him scathing glares, and growled.

"Wait Inuyasha!" Sango called out as she stepped inbetween Inuyasha and Kagome. She was a physical barrier that he had to get around to get to the bitch... and he sure as well wasn't going to hurt her... Sango, not the bitch. So he had to compromise around this... maybe he could edge around her while she was distracted...?

"And why should I?" He drawled. Sango narrowed her eyes and let out a breath of frustration.

"Because she already has willingly JOINED our side you bonehead! Why the hell would you chain her up when she's already told you that she wasn't going to leave?!"

"You know... that's pretty good Inuyasha. Maybe you should - "

"Shut up Miroku!"

"Shutting up."

"...and as you were saying?" Sango gestured for Inuyasha to continue this 'fight' when he threw the chains on the ground. He began to grind his teeth in a rather worrisome way... he was going to cut his mouth sooner or later doing that... and then he started stalking away. When he neared the last tent, Kagome nodded at Sango, who smiled back. Then came a bark...

"Don't touch the stupid mutt!" Inuyasha yelled and practically smashed himself against the tent in an attempt to get into it. Falling down on his rear end for the second time that morning, he blinked.

And then got up again and tried to enter the tent again. He was unable to open the tent. Many of the men who were eating breakfast turned their attentions to their struggling lord.

In frustration and complete ignorance to his watchful audience, which now included Miroku, Sango, and Kagome, he took a few steps back and turned... to ram himself into the tent door.

As he landed with a rather loud 'pwhat' onto the flap, things started happening in slow motion... First and foremost, he was slowly peeled off the flap and thrown backwards rather violently into the tree parallel to the abused tent. And they say that where there is an action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. So to make up for the slow motion, things sped up. Inuyasha slammed against the trees, causing some of the fruit in it to plummet towards the ground. It just so happened that a group of men were enjoying their breakfast under that said tree.

One of the fruits, a very hard and round one, landed square on one of the men's head. His face fell forward, but as the equal and opposite reaction occured, his hand snapped up and the fork he was holding flew forward, straight into the campfire. Sango uttered a gasp of horror, but when the fork landed into the fire, it knocked one of the pieces of lumber loose and it rolled straight into the tent where the massive wolf was contained.

0-o-0-o-0

Kagura looked sullenly at the castle that looked like it had been drenched in sorrow and morbidness... "Great. I get the haunted castle while Kouga gets to party it up in the greenery. Joyishness."

...yeah. And HE doesn't have to go and seduce Mr. I Will Kill You If You Touch Me... Kagura sighed and looked down at the tattered remains of her favorite kimono and started limping towards the morose looking castle.

As she neared the gate, she noticed two guards staring at her fiercely. Dammit... who do you have to fuck to get better access?!

She stood a few yards away from them, giving them a forlorn expression, as if she was not really sure where she was and if this place wasn't in her dreams... The two guards whispered to each other and nodded. One came forward. "What is your purpose here?" His voice boomed and was oh so very deep...

What a poser... a real guard would have stabbed me in the pressure point and asked questions after I woke up chained...

Clearing her throat a little, Kagura managed to 'conceal' a whimper as she spoke in a soft, shy tone. "I... I'm lost. Do you know where I am?" She tried to combine Kanna's soft voice into her words... and it seemed to work on the guard.

Yep. It was working. He was looking at her as if he wasn't sure what to do, but she knew what he was going to do, the way he was eyeing her like that.

Stupid bloody bastard's probably thinking he's going to get something good for bringing his lord a hot piece of ass. Dickheads. All of them.

"Yes. And by the looks of it, you do not look as if your travels have been easy on you." He tried to retain his 'I'm scary. Look at Me' look, but the perverted side of the man was leering on the edge. He hadn't seen a woman in seven months...

Duh little man. How about getting raped by a guy and finding out that he meant to do it all along sound to you?!?!

"You can come into the castle with me. You'll be safe there. My lord will be happy to receive you..."

He better damn well be!!!! Kagura stopped her little one sided conversation in her head when she noticed the guard looking at her. She answered quickly, noticing that the other guard was edging closer, intrigued by what his friend was doing.

"A-alright. If you say so good sir..." She added a little hesitancy to her voice to make it more convincing. The guard smiled and took her arm, with 'good' intentions and led her through the wooden doors.

0-o-0-o-0

Inuyasha looked at the damage that was done to the campsite. He shook his head and sighed when Miroku tried to poke the ashes of his tent, which was in a nice little mound... but when he touched it, it collapsed.

"Why are you sighing??" Sango twitched. "YOU started the fire. YOU ran away from the fire. YOU came back to yell at everyone who HELPED put the fire out. YOU are being a nuisance."

"I started the fire because you two are bitches. I ran away from the fire because my hair was on fire. I had to go dunk it out." Inuyasha twitched, thinking about his eyebrows. They looked a little weird... but it was a good thing his hair grew back fast. Really fast. He couldn't think how Kikyou would react to him coming back with half an eyebrow left. "I came back to yell at everyone because you were betting on my HAIR. AND I'm being a nuisance because... because... uh, because I feel like it dammit!!"

"...niiiiiiice." Miroku popped up his head. "Hey, do you want me to head over to the nearest town and get new tents??"

"...I'm going with you." Sango dead panned.

"...why? I'm not that weak thankyouverymuch!" Miroku snorted.

"...no. Not that."

"I'm going too. I don't want to have you killed by anyone but me."

"Oh... feeling jealous are we?"

"...just go you idiot."

0-o-0-o-0

"Why can't we stop and rest?! We have been walking nonstop for the past two days!! I want to sleep! I want to eat! I want to rest! I want to drink! I want to stoooopppppppppppp!!!!!!" Jakotsu whined, stamping his feet as he lumbered along with the rest of the men.

"No." Renkotsu's tone of voice told him that if he kept it up, he was going to snap.

"Well, I want to know why Kyoukotsu isn't with us! He would have given me a lift in this stupid walking!" Jakotsu muttered.

"Why don't you just ask Ginkotsu to give you one?"

Jakotsu tapped his shoulder and peered behind him to look at the aforementioned man. He looked more like something fashioned together by a bad blacksmith... but in reality he had been severely abused as a child, losing his vocal box in the process. His arms were so beaten and had healed in such funny angles that Sesshoumaru had found him a decent blacksmith, cut off his useless arms, and replaced them with dangerous weaponry. Half of Ginkotsu's face had been mutilated in a mission and he wore a metal mask to hide it from strangers.

"Ginkotsu! Will you let me ride on you?" the suddenly chippy man chirped. "I'm sooo tired and Renkotsu's being meeeeeeeaaaaaaan!!!" The man grunted, and it seemed that to Jakotsu, it was a yes... because he squealed and leapt onto the giant man. Setting himself comfortably on Ginkotsu's right shoulder, Jakotsu began chattering away again. "And WHY isn't Kyoukotsu with us?? I mean, we're hardly the Shichinin-tai without him!"

"We aren't the Shichinin-tai anymore anyway Jakotsu. There's only six... so one missing temporarily won't matter." Suikotsu stated wisely.

"...yeah. But still..."

"Just shut up already!" Renkotsu barked. He always got moody whenever Bankotsu was mentioned... he was the black sheep of the group.

Jakotsu sighed melodramatically.

"What is it now?" Renkotsu asked as he grinded his jaws. "Because I swear I will tear your throat out and make good use of your head as a ball."

Jakotsu pouted but spoke anyway. "Oh nothing. I was just wondering what we were going to do about people we met along this path."

Renkotsu snorted. "I've already been informed that this is the least traveled path, straight to the fortress of Inuyasha. Rarely do any people travel it."

"Oh. Then why is there a horde of women running in this direction?"

0-o-0-o-0

"HOUSHI! YOU DAMN IDIOT!!!!!!" Inuyasha screamed as he ran from the village. Miroku ran as quickly as him, having been around Inuyasha for a good few years, but was breathing hard. Sango was in front of them just slightly, riding on Kirara, rolling her eyes and fuming silently.

As they neared the campsite, the first thing Inuyasha and Sango both did was give Miroku a few good smacks on the head. Kagome sat there poking at the ashes of one of the tents... (or was it one of the trees?) and looked up with mild interest.

"Oi. What did you do bouzou?" Kagome called out as she lay aside the stick she had been using for prodding the ashes and walked to stand next to Sango. Miroku sat in a slumped position at Sango's feet and Inuyasha was parallel to the ex-cook.

"He was being an IDIOT!" Sango cried, and kicked sand at the monk's head when she said the word 'idiot', and stormed away, most likely to round up the men. Inuyasha took inspiration from Sango and was now walking in circles around Miroku, kicking dirt onto him every step or two.

"He promised himself to half the town's women this morning and between the time we arrived and got him to stop harassing the female population and where we finally found new tents to buy, all the women found out and started chasing him, screaming about 'broken dreams' and shit like that." Inuyasha seemed like it was funny but remembered something that sobered him up. "I wouldn't have minded as much if he hadn't of DROPPED ALL THE MONEY WE HAD WHILE WE WERE RUNNING!!!"

Miroku winced, but sat there. Kagome was wondering about why he was just sitting there when she realized that he was tied up with chains...

Suppressing a smile, she questioned the still kicking hanyou. "What happened? Are they still chasing you?"

Inuyasha grinned a little at this, showing his fang tips. "No... there was this fork in the road and I know that one of them paths isn't used a lot so I made us dash there and over the trees, so right now the bitches are probably running after dust."

"...what if they run into someone?"

"They won't." Inuyasha nodded dogmatically.

0-o-0-o-0

"Gahhh..." Jakotsu wheezed as he leaned against a tree. He was panting hard, as was everyone else. They had to run for cover and camaflouge themselves so they wouldn't attract attention. And having a horde of women around you wasn't exactly the best way to go about doing something like that.

...so with the suggestion of running for it, as prompted by Renkotsu, the men ran for the trees. And by the time they had reached the trees, the women had already caught sight of them and were furiously chasing them.

"Well, wasn't that a strategic move for us?" Suikotsu remarked. He knew that it was better that way... Jakotsu tended to get a little violent when surrounded by so many women... One or two was enough.

...but if you put him in a crowd of females, he would go ballistic.

Suikotsu knew this from experience. Very disturbing experience.

0-o-0-o-0

Kagome sat there watching The Men assemble themselves. Yes. They were The Men. With captial letters. They were The Men.

Of course she only called them that because she really didn't see any real reason as to why she should learn all their names. They also provided excellent entertainment. Aoi lay at her feet, eyes closed as if the giant wolf was asleep. But Kagome knew better. He was probably checking out everyone's backgrounds and getting information.

Oh! Man Number Fourteen tripped on a rock, cussed the gods, and fell into Man Number Eight's backpack.

"Watch it!" said Man Number Eight. It seemed that Man Number Fourteen had a very bad temper. Quite like a stupid hanyou she knew...

"Well, if your stupid backpack wasn't there, I wouldn't have tripped on it would I?!?!"

"Shut up will you? We need to hurry!" Oh... Man Number ONE butted in. Dangerous.

"Who made you the fucking boss?!?!" Man Number Fourteen and Man Number Eight joined forces and was gaining on Man Number One...

...this was almost as fun as watching Sango beat up Miroku. Almost.

"Alright! We're setting out now! RIGHT?!" Inuyasha yelled. He was rather testy from the day's event... and Miroku was suffering greatly. Kagome was content with the arrangements. Sango and she had struck an agreement (Inuyasha was being too much of an asshole and Miroku was in a semiconscious state for the day, so neither men had any say in the agreement...) that Kagome was to help them win the war and they would treat her like they treated Sango.

Apparently Sango was treated very well, incidentally since she had practically shared a crib with Inuyasha and the fact that she fought better than any of them helped.

...now there was only problem in the whole agreement...

...to get Inuyasha to be a part of it.

0-o-0-o-0

Kagura looked around as she followed the guard, noting doorways and steps. Might as well familiarize herself with the surroundings in case the rumors about Sesshoumaru were true and he didn't fancy women... she better have an escape plan ready. The morbidness that seeped through the walls of the fort did not help her uneasiness in the slightest.

"Here." The guard grunted and pointed to the door, opening it and shoving her into it roughly. She stumbled, a very unusual thing for her. And she looked up, suddenly wishing that her legs would stop feeling so wobbly and unbalanced. She was staring straight into the cold, merciless eyes of the infamous Lord Sesshoumaru...

0-o-0-o-0

AN: I'm sorry for the lack of updating, but it's not really that. Mm.org is a really big hassle for me to update with, so I just usually update on my fanfiction.net account. It's http://www.fanfiction.net/~bluesakuras so if you want, you can go there to read it. I don't really want to update here, and it's such a hassle but I do it for my lovely reviewers. Again, I'm sorry!