InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ Seeing Her ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-----0-o-0-o-0-----

"I could be anything you want me to be

Cook you nice dinners and then gently rub your feet

I could be the perfect wife and be your slave for life

But I won't

No I won't

I could be the sweetest thing you think you've ever seen

Dress up in skimpy clothes all to fulfill your dreams

I could do anything to show how much you mean

But I won't

No I won't

I could be the mistress who says she doesn't care

And I'll keep on smiling when you're treating me like air

I could be your best friend... the one who's always there

But I won't

No I won't

I'm gonna be the thing in your head

Keepin you awake all night in your bed

And every time you feel you're losing control

Remember that I'm the one who's at home

I can be the things you want

But I won't..." - Ana Johnsson, Cuz I Can

-----0-o-0-o-0-----

Kagura's nerves were not working properly. She felt frozen, the cold gaze of Sesshoumaru watching her.

Damn, it was very unnerving!! She finally found the strength to stand up straight, and look at Sesshoumaru with what she hoped was a cool stare. "What are you here for?" Gods... his voice is even more intimidating! Damn him... damn Naraku... damn Kouga... damn anything that has a penis...

"I was lost. I've been wandering and... and..." Kagura's mind ran around in circles. What was she supposed to use as an excuse again??? But what Kouga had done to her was reacting to how Sesshoumaru thought. Damn Naraku and his stupid 'I know how people will react' theories...

"You ran into a wolf youkai?" Kagura grimaced. Yeah. If you can call him that.

"He... uh, he - "

"What was his name?" Kagura blinked, and tried to look like she was stressing out from being reminded of the stupid wolf.

Is it a trick question? I mean, seriously, should I tell him it was Kouga? What the hell am I doing?!?! How am I supposed to tell him without telling him?!?!?!?!

"...I think, um, it was like Yoga or uh, Poga, or, erm - " Oh. That's how.

"Kouga." Yes! She got away with it!

"I, I think that was it..." Thank god for Kanna and her voice lessons. Sesshoumaru gave her a lookover and something told Kagura that this wasn't going as well as she thought it was...

"Where were you?" His suspicious tone put her on the edge, but Naraku had stressed on what she was to tell him.

"I was in Fort Shikon."

Fire and Ice

Chapter Eight

Seeing Her

by: bs

As Bankotsu sat at his desk, drawing on his paper, a knock came to his door. When he opened it, Mayo was there.

"What is it?" The girl seemed nervous. What could have happened? "Is Inuyasha back?"

The girl shook her head. "No. But there are some men at the gate who claim they know you."

Bankotsu's heart almost stopped. "Wuh, what do they look like? How many are there?"

"There are five men." Bankotsu started breathing again. It couldn't be them.

"Alright. Let's go." As they strode through the curving corridors, Bankotsu wondered what a group of five men could possibly want with him. Well, that is, he did wonder about it until he saw Jakotsu waving enthusiastically through the bars of the gate.

-----0-o-0-o-0-----

As Kagura was escorted to her room, she couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief. Mentally of course. It would not be good to be found out... and fail Naraku. Besides, as long as she was here, she might as well take advantage of any bonuses...

...like a - "Oh! Is that a hot spring?!" The girl who was taking her around, Akama or something, looked peeved. Apparently she had just caught onto the fact that Kagura was not paying her any attention in the slightest.

"Yes." she said through a stifled voice. "And you would know where everything else was too if you had been listening"

"...oh. Okay." Kagura sniffed and continued looking around. The girl sighed.

"Look, if you're not going to pay attention, can I just take you to your room?" Kagura snapped her head and looked at the girl.

"Listen Akuma - "

"It's Ayame!"

" - you better not give me attitude. I don't like that. And what I don't like... goes." Kagura growled menacingly. She was pleased with the outcome. The girl shut up.

The girl scowled but continued chattering. Kagura knew she didn't have to pay attention, since Hakudoshi was already doing that for her.

-----0-o-0-o-0-----

Inuyasha returned, with about ten men who looked haggard. "Where were they?" Sango asked as she looked up from the fire.

"Fort Shikon." came the reply. Inuyasha looked very uneager to answer anymore questions and everyone began getting ready to move. Sango frowned as Inuyasha toddled away and Kagome gave a lazy look as she continued to stroke Aoi behind the ears.

Miroku was off somewhere, having been gone since morning. "Hey! Inuyasha!" Sango looked irritated. "If the fort was right over there then why didn't we just stay there?"

Inuyasha kept on walking. The rest of the men had begun forming a block and walking behind their lord. "HEY!" Sango got up and headed for Inuyasha. "Hello??"

Kagome decided she might as well follow, and got up. "They were already overcrowded! No room left so shut up!"

Sango shut up. And then opened her mouth again. "Well, why didn't we just get tents from them instead of going to the village?"

"..." Inuyasha chose not to answer. By this time everyone had gotten a steady sense of how fast they were walking and began to loosen up. Kagome followed, a few feet from them.

"They sent out a bunch of people. Tents were scarce."

"Oh. Okay." Sango seemed to accept the explanation and turned her head, looking for Kagome. When she found her, Sango stopped and turned to head towards the girl. They strode alongside each other, a companionable silence filling the air, a bird chirping here and there. Then Miroku ran up to them and yelled at the top of his lungs.

"ATTACK!!!!"

-----0-o-0-o-0-----

As Bankotsu sighed and sat the men down, he turned to Jakotsu. "What are you doing here?"

Jakotsu grinned, obviously happy about the fact that he still held Jakotsu in higher rank than Renkotsu, and answered gaily. "Well, we wanted some place to stay! And I thought that we could - "

"No." Jakotsu stopped and pouted.

"But I thought that - "

"No Jakotsu." Jakotsu sniffled and pouted, his eyes brimming with tears.

"DON'T YOU LOOOOOOOVEE MEEEEEE ANYYYYYYYMOOOOOOREEEEEE?!?!" He began bawling and crying, causing Bankotsu to twitch.

"If you stop I'll let you stay for awhile." The tears vanished.

"Really?! Oh wow! Thanks a bunch Bankotsu!"

"A short short while."

-----0-o-0-o-0-----

"Alright..." Inuyasha growled as he stationed himself behind a tree. "Bitch, go work your magic." Kagome gave him a piercing glare, but Inuyasha only grinned. "I love you too!"

Kagome shuffled towards the clearing, with a stiffened posture. She glanced back once to look at Aoi, who was chained to a tree next to Inuyasha. Aoi had contented himself to knawing on Inuyasha's left feet every now and then, much to the annoyance of the hanyou.

Time seemed to inch by as Kagome stood there and everyone else watched with baited breaths. "Inuyasha, are you sure it's safe to do this?"

"Hey, Sesshoumaru wanted her. She must be good." Sango rolled her eyes, but peered around her tree and watched Kagome. All this was because of stupid sibling rivalry... and Sango had yelled this into Inuyasha's ears many times before and something told her he knew it too...

They just had to get Sesshoumaru convinced about it too. The silence was soon disrupted again as a loud roar echoed through the trees and something rustled through the leaves. Soon enough, a giant form sprung into the air, making Sango gasp.

...of all the things it had to be, it haaaaaaaad to be a big lizard. Great. Things were going along and they were all just damn peachy.

-----0-o-0-o-0-----

"Ooookay..." Kagura lifted up the small slip of clothing that lay onto of her bed. "And what is thiiis?"

Ayame sighed and shook her head. "I'm sorry, but that's all we could come up with. The women who stay here at not... the most modest lot."

"Oh."

"Yeah.. You're pretty lucky we could even find that!" Ayame grinned. "By the way, Sesshoumaru's assigned me to be your personal maid so you better get used to me! Call me if you need me! And the name's AYAME!" The redhead said all this in one breath and ran out the door.

"...gee, thanks." Kagura eyed the sorry excuse of clothing before sighing and grabbing the cloth, heading for the springs. At least I'll get my own springs... and no stupid pervs...

She tossed aside her tattered kimono and slipped into the warm water, relaxing in the springs. She closed her eyes and leaned back until she realized that someone was in the room with her. She snapped her eyes open and gasped.

Sesshoumaru was standing right behind her with a blank face.

-----0-o-0-o-0-----

"KAGOME!"

"STUPID BITCH!"

"RUUNNNN!!!"

At Miroku's call, all the men began to run to more secure ground... as in ground that did not occupy a giant lizard who had poison drool.

Kagome had just stood there as the lizard trampled over her and she was nowhere to be seen. Sango was dragged by Miroku away from where she had stood. Inuyasha had maintained his ground and had drawn Tetsusaiga.

"KAZE NO KI - " and Inuyasha tumbled to the ground as a blur of green and black shot forward and shoved him into the dirt. "You bitch!" Inuyasha spit out dirt from his mouth. "What the fuck do you think you are - " Inuyasha shut his mouth as he saw the lizard look at them with calculating eyes, watching warily.

"Stay down mutt." Kagome growled. Inuyasha gave her a glare, which quickly turned into a look of befuzzlement. When had she changed her clothes...?

She was wearing a strange, and very revealing gown of many shades of green. It covered her arms, but not her shoulder. It tightly clung to her chest and hips, but not her sleeves. Her sleeves were loose and flowing, with flares and frays at the end. It had a slit running up each side of her dress. Her hair had been put into a neat bun at the back of her head, and she was glowing green.

Hn. That was odd... and Inuyasha was about to comment on that as a green wave shot around them and encircled the lizard. Outraged at having been attacked, the massive reptile screeched and hit the shimmering green wall, only to be electrocuted. After a few seconds, in the place of the giant lizard, was a lump of burnt flesh... which was also letting out unfavorable odors.

"I bet you anything it tastes like chicken." Everyone's head turned in the direction of Miroku, and standing next to him was a very green looking Sango.

-----0-o-0-o-0-----

"What were you doing, staring at me like that?" Kagura snapped. Her hair was still wet from the soak. A very very short soak nonetheless. She had quickly covered herself and Sesshoumaru had given her the decency of dressing in private. But it wasn't really that much better anyway... the nightrobe covered her, but left her feeling more naked than ever.

Rather confusing, and this was why Kagura stuck to good old-fashioned kimonos.

"I did not say you could take a bath. I had been planning on asking you more." was the blunt and cold reply. Kagura sniffed.

"Well, couldn't you have at least knocked or something?"

"..." Sesshoumaru blinked.

"..." Kagura blinked. Okaaaaaay. This is awkward.

"..." Sesshoumaru was now just staring at Kagura, waiting for her to say something.

"..." Really really awkward.

"Milord!" Kagura almost fell over when a short man - or was it a toad? - burst through the doors, squawking. Yes. Squawking.

"What is it Jaken?" Sesshoumaru arched an eyebrow gracefully. "This better be good." His voice sounded menacing and stood up gracefully.

"Yes milord!" the toad thing squawked. "Inuyasha is on the move!" Sesshoumaru arched his other eyebrow gracefully.

Damnn... he does everything so damn gracefully... gah! Am I sure he isn't gay??

"You I shall deal with later. Do not wander around here. My men are not so considerate or gentle." and with those words he left the room. Kagura just sat there, staring at the open door, with just one thought running through her mind.

...damn. He's creepy.

-----0-o-0-o-0-----

Kagome stood there watching the hanyou on the ground gape in astonishment. He slowly stood up, brushed his hands off and looked at her with disbelief in his eyes. He had just seen her display an enormous amount of power and had practically saved his life. And the first words he said to her were...

"You're creepy."

Sango would have fallen over if she hadn't been far far away from the deceased lizard, breathing deeply. She didn't like reptiles, dead or alive. Miroku, on the other hand, had seen many dead things in his time and quickly strode next to Inuyasha.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"Being you."

"What did I do??" Inuyasha growled, rubbing his head. If he got a bump there Miroku was going to pay...

"Hello?! Kagome just saved your ass and all you can do is tell her she's creepy??" Miroku yelled.

"..." Inuyasha blinked.

"Well??"

"...who's Kagome?"

----0-o-0-o-0-----

"He saw you naked? Did you hit him?"

Kagura rolled her eyes. "What else was I supposed to do? Screech and scream and cry for help?" She snorted rather Kagura-like and sat on her bed.

"No... you could have used that opportunity to seduce him. Hello? You. Naked. Him. Together. Hot springs. Has it clicked yet?"

"...pervert. Anyway, how are you on making maps of this fort anyway?"

Hakudoshi sighed and rubbed his temples. "Look. I'm just getting started. Okay. You're right. The longer you drag it out, the more time I have to make maps of this place. Okay. Okay. I won't report this to Naraku. Hate that bastard anyway."

"Amen to that."

"But you know you'll have to sleep with him eventually."

"Whatever. I'll do it when I have to."

"I know you're going to do it, but does Sesshoumaru?"

"...I'm not even going to answer that you perv."

Hakudoshi rolled his eyes and then faded away into the shadows in the corner. "Remember... don't let them find out... "

"Yeah yeah. Get out of my room now." Kagura got herself comfortable in her bed and instead of going to sleep, spent most of the night mulling over Hakudoshi's words.

----0-o-0-o-0-----

Again. A reminder that I don't like updating this and if you don't see any updates really, then go to my fanfic.net account… just a note. ^_^