InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ Informing Her ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I love this song, Moonlight Shadow... it's a DDR song... but I love it SOO much. It's one of my all time favorites!! Just thought you'd like to know.

----------------

"...The last that ever she saw him

Carried away by a moonlight shadow

He passed on worried and warning

Carried away by a moonlight shadow

Lost in a riddle that Saturday night

Far away on the other side

He was caught in the middle of a desperate fight

And she couldn't find how to push through

The trees that whisper in the evening

Carried away by a moonlight shadow

Sing a song of sorrow and grieving

Carried away by a moonlight shadow

All she saw was the silhouette of a gun

Far away on the other side

He was shot six times by a man on the run

And she couldn't find how to push through

I stay, I pray

See you in heaven, far away

I stay, I pray

See you in heaven, one day..." - Moonlight Shadow by Missing Heart

"Tell me!"

"No."

"Tell me!"

"No."

"Tell me dammit!!!!!"

"...no."

"Tell me!!"

"No."

"Tell - "

"SHUT UP!" Miroku ranted. "Holy shit! Shut up already!" A few men nodded their heads in agreement as they walked. "You should shut up because, surprise surprise, no matter how many times you tell her to tell you, she won't." Miroku was a teensy bit tired and irritated from walking for such a long time.

"...shut up." Inuyasha sulked. He glared at Miroku, as if it was his fault that Kagome was not listening to him.

"My god. Do we have to go through this everytime you don't get what you want?" Sango snapped. Turning to Kagome and acting as if Kagome had asked a question, "He sulks when he doesn't get what he wants. He refuses to talk to anyone."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Kagome asked, ignoring the pointed glare that Inuyasha was giving her.

Sango chuckled. "Hey... you're right!" Miroku shook his head.

"There are... stages in which he goes through... phases." Miroku grimaced as if he didn't enjoy the phases that much. Then brightened up. "Hey! That rhymed!"

"...you are mentally unstable. Anyway, Miroku's right. Inuyasha does go through stages..."

And as Sango was talking, the hanyou had taken to glaring pointedly at Sango and Miroku.

"...stage one... He likes to not talk and sulk. This time period on which it lasts varies. But during that time, no matter how pissed off you make him, and I know (she was remembering about the time she set his hair on fire), so it's pretty nice. Nice and quiet."

"Amen to that."

"The second stage, he finds one person (which was usually Miroku) and bickers and nags and picks at that person until he drives them insane."

"I hate that stage."

"Then he moves on and decides to make 'changes' with whatever he's doing, himself, or someone else. (She was remembering the time he decided to get her into a pink kimono. She almost stabbed him for that. Wait - she did. Oops.)"

"That stage isn't fun. He tried to convince me to grow my hair longer."

"...why?" Kagome blinked and asked.

"Oh! Pish..." Sango waved her hand absentmindly as if to wave off the question. "It's because he thinks that if he changes something, anything really, then his - I don't know actually." Sango mused. "Miroku? Any ideas?"

"Yes. And I know. It's all been confirmed that it is because he refuses to admit he is deeply and utterly in passionate love with me."

"...you could have just said you didn't know."

"But where would the fun have been in that?" Miroku asked her. Inuyasha had taken to walking right next to Miroku, on his left side, and glare very heatedly at his ear.

"So where are we going?"

"Oh. We're heading back to the main fort now. We'll reach it before night falls."

"Oh." Kagome paused for a few moments before speaking again. "Are there giant lizards there too?"

-----0-o-0-o-0-----

Fire and Ice

Informing Her

by: bs

-----0-o-0-o-0-----

Alright. So this isn't how you thought it would be like... that's okay. I can do this. Now how the hell am I supposed to be able to find his room???

Kagura cursed herself for not asking Hakudoshi for directions to the room. Dammit! What the hell will I do if I get caught???

"What are you doing?"

Dammit.

"Oh... nothing. I just couldn't sleep and decided that..." Kagura turned around to see who she had been tittered off to, when she realized it was a child. A very very small child.

"Hello! Rin's name is Rin! What is your name?"

"Err - uh, Kagura...?" What is a little kid that doing here?? Doesn't she know that Sesshoumaru will probably bite her head off?!?!

"Will Kagura-sama play with Rin? Rin is very not sleepy and bored!" Rin was already pulling Kagura's hand along with her through the mess of curving corridors and halls.

"Hey, whoa, kid! Hey! HEEEY!" Kagura began to whimper unconsciously as the little girl (with inhuman strength) scampered along the wooden floors, letting Kagura slide around on the floors with a very wobbly sense of unease.

And that was before she lost control. And that was before she let go of Kagura's hand. And that was definitely before Kagura shot through the bamboo screens.

It was a very good day indeed. Inuyasha had taken to striding along in front, dragging Miroku around without saying a word. Sango had ignored the fuming hanyou and lead Kagome to the middle of the block, so that they could talk without Inuyasha hearing a word of it.

"So you don't have any brothers or sisters?"

"No. I do not know if I have any half-blood running around though. My mother died when I was three."

"Oh." Sango hesitated and then continued. "My father passed away when I was younger too."

Kagome arched an eyebrow. "Really? So you are living with your mother with that idiot then?"

Sango smiled but then shook her head. "No. My mother passed away a while back when she was having my brother."

"Ah." Sango remained silent for awhile and Kagome thought it was not wise to push the subject. "So how long exactly have you known Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Doo up there?"

Sango giggled. "Oh, I've known Inuyasha since he was in diapers. Yes. I'm older than him..." she added as the mock shock look on Kagome's face made her grin, "But he refuses to admit it. Miroku, hmm... uh, lesse, I've known him for about three years. He came here looking for a job and Inuyasha gave him one."

"Ah. And what is it exactly you want with me?" Kagome asked. "I know you want me to help you win, but why?"

"Ah." Sango rubbed her temples. "Inuyasha's an idiot. He and his brother are waging war against each other, for the ownership to the kingdom. Rightfully, Sesshoumaru should own the South Lands and the East Lands while Inuyasha takes the North Lands and the West Lands, but... some complications came up."

"And what of that?"

"Well, it was never really proclaimed that each son should run those lands, but everyone knew, so when their father passed away last year... all hell broke lose. Apparently Sesshoumaru wasn't happy with the fact that he only got half the lands because he sees himself above the status of Inuyasha and wanted ownership of the whole kingdom."

"Wait - why?"

"Why what?" Sango frowned. "Eh?"

"Why does Sesshoumaru see himself as higher status?"

"Ah! I forgot. Sesshoumaru's a full-blooded demon. They're half-brothers. Oops. Ahahaa... Inuyasha would have killed me to hear that I referred to him as a real brother... oopsie! Yeah."

"Do they hate each other that much?"

"...uh, Sesshoumaru has never really had a liking to humans."

"...oh...hanyou."

"Yeah." Sango grimaced. "But it made for really funny family banquets! Yeah, I'll tell you those some other time where you can make full use of them. But anyway, Sesshoumaru had his father assassinated last year, and now Inuyasha is trying to rid him of his rights to own the South and East Lands, because he has to avenge his father by killing his brother. Oops. Half brother..."

"How difficult."

"Yeaha...and to make things worse, now Sesshoumaru's fighting against Inuyasha because he's saying that hanyou's are incompetent and have no brains to rule a kingdom as vast as the Inuyoukai's lands."

"...how nice."

"Yeah. Feel the love."

Oh my gaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwdddddddddd... my head's going to split in two!!!!!

"Kagura-sama! Kagura-sama! Are you awake?" The little child was shaking her and yelling at her head. Ow...

"Yes Rin... I'm awake now..." She slowly sat up, pushing aside the blanket as she did so. Blanket...? Eh?

"Oh good! Because Rin did not want Kagura-sama to be dead because then Rin would have no one to play with! Jaken-sama isn't good at playing dress up either! And how is Kagura-sama's head? Kagura-sama, you hit that screen really hard! Rin saw it go boom and pach when Kagura-sama hit that screen. It is good that Kagura-sama is awake now because Kagura-sama looked dead and Sesshoumaru-sama looked mad but he did not tell Rin and Rin heard Sesshoumaru-sama yelling at Jaken-sama later and Jaken-sama came and was going to yell at Rin because that was Jaken-sama's favorite screen but Jaken-sama didn't because Sesshoumaru-sama came into the room and kicked Jaken-sama in the head and it was funny because Jaken-sama sort of flew out of the room and landed in the koi pond. Rin hopes Jaken-sama didn't kill any of the fishes because those are Rin's favorite and Sesshoumaru-sama just left because he had to do some important stuff and he told me to take good care of you and not let Jaken-sama into the room. Sesshoumaru-sama looks worried, yes he did. Kagura-sama, are you okay?"

"...no." Kagura moaned and plopped herself back down, grabbing a pillow and pushing it onto her face, trying to get rid of that kangaroo in her head that was bouncing around.

"AIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! KAGURA-SAMA! DON'T DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Rin screamed and leapt up, from the sounds of it, and violently pulled the pillow away from her. She tossed it across the room as if it were on fire. Of course, if it were on fire, that would not have been wise in a room made of wood but all was okay because it wasn't.

"You know you are reaaaaaaally loud and reaaaaaaaaally strong for something soooooooo small?" Kagura snapped. Rin immediately smiled. But then gasped, showing Kagura a big gap in the front of her mouth where her front teeth should be.

"Oh no! Is Kagura-sama mad at Rin?? Because Rin did not mean to make Kagura-sama mad! Please don't be mad at Rin Kagura-sama! Pretty please? Please???"

"I will forgive you if you stop talking for a few moments. Kagura-sama has a very very ugly headache."

Rin cheered up and clapped her hands, but stopped and looked bashfully at Kagura as if she had done something wrong again. "Okay." she whispered and remained quiet as Kagura got up, looked around wearily. Then she asked, "How can a headache be ugly? Does your head turn ugly and everyone run away because of the ugly head? Is that why Kagura-sama wants Rin to be quiet? Because Rin - "

Oh dear god. That kid will NOT shut up! Wait - did she say Sesshoumaru came and saw me?

" - so Kagura-sama, you should not worry because Rin thinks your head looks pretty!"

He slowly pushed the door open, shoving his head out and darting it left and right to see if the hallway was clear. It was a go. He darted away from the door and began sprinting for the giant double doors at the end of the hall.

"Where are you going?" A voice asked sleepily from behind him.

"Ahh... Jakotsu, what are you doing up?" Bankotsu chuckled nervously and turned around, scratching the back of his head.

"Hm... I dunno. I guess the noise woke me up."

Bankotsu blinked. "What noise?"

"Oh.. you know. The noise that's downstairs and sounds like sword fighting and stuff yanno? Anyway, was just wondering. Going to night night now. Night night." Jakotsu yawned and leaned in, giving Bankotsu a massive bear hug before bounding into his room. Bankotsu just blinked.

"Sword fight...?" Bankotsu muttered... and then promptly rushed down the stairs.

"Alright, NOT FUNNY!!!!" Miroku ranted. He was desperately trying to get through the gates. The guards that were supposed to unlatch the locks were laughing too damn hard at nothing to open them though.

Damn Inuyasha... and to make things even more hunky-dory, Bankotsu of all people, chose to burst through the main doors and see him in all of his glory in his pink and purple kimono, courtesy of the village a few hours ago. And they couldn't forget the pigtails... or the whore-esque makeup on of Sango.

Why the hell did Inuyasha always have to "improve" him???

Renkotsu stepped away from the window and grinned. "Alright gentlemen, time to execute Plan A."

Jakotsu nodded. "Okay!"

"Ginkotsu, remember, are to be in the gardens tomorrow. Suikotsu, we will not need you for this plan, and Jakotsu, remember to bring the stuff."

"Okay!" came a chorus of cheers.

"...what was the stuff again? OW!"

AN: Alrighty. Shorter than usual, but I wanted to end it here... and I do so love Rin here... ahaha....