InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ Sleeping Arrangements and New Pets ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Look! I told you once and I'll tell you again Miroku - “
 
“If you keep asking all the paid to bear your children then I'll make sure there isn't a possible way for that to happen!!”
 
Sango stared at Inuyasha. “You cut me off.”
 
“Eh - you were going to say the same thing.” Sango sighed and nodded. Miroku's stiffened back relaxed immediately.
 
“Oh good. I thought you guys were going to - ow.”
 
“Do that?”
 
“I thought one - not TWO! Man - Sango, what have you been doing to that fist of yours?”
 
“I held it over the fire so now it obeys me when I want to hit something - especially someone very hard.” Miroku stopped drooping over his aching jawbone and peered at her with interest. “…I was kidding.”
 
“I don't think any of the ladies here are too eager to sleep with him anyway. Especially after seeing him in his - hah, kimonoooo…” Inuyasha snorted as he noticed two maids scurry by quickly, holding in their giggles.
 
“Aye, Inuyasha, you have wounded me with your cold cold heart.”
 
“I'll wound you with my cold cold sword if you don't hurry up and find out how we're going to accommodate - that.”
 
“It's Kagome Inuyasha. KA. GO. ME.” Sango said in a clipped tone. “She's not going to be very co-operative if you keep referring to her as if she was just a really big Tetsuaiga you know?”
 
Inuyasha shrugged and began to wander off. “I better go find Bankotsu anyway.”
 
“Hey! Are you even listening to me?”
 
“Find that wench a room to sleep in. I don't want her outside like last night.” Sango smiled, while thinking… but she wouldn't have if you would have just let Aoi wander around like she asked you for… and what she really said was…
 
“Well you seem to be warming up to her already!”
 
“No - just don't want her escaping at night. Keep her close to my room!” Inuyasha half turned his head to call back to Sango and she oozed annoyance at seeing his grin.
 
Fine. Close to you was it? She'll be closer than you think… Sango grinned maliciously.
 
“Would you like something to ease your pain Sango? OW!”
 
Fire and Ice
 
Sleeping Arrangements and New Pets
 
By: bs
 
Kagome awoke on top of a haystack. Nhggg… was her only thought as she sat up and began picking all the hay out of her hair. She busily set herself to the task of removing every single last piece of that stupid hay from her that very instant. Aoi, lazing about on the ground in chains, lazily lifted his head and opened an eye to scope what she was doing.
 
Content, the wolf went back to dozing. As Kagome was brushing her fingers through her hair, the barn door opened and a head peeked through the crack before a lone figure stepped into the barn.
 
Kagome slowed her movements, but continued brushing through her hair at a steady pace. She watched with interest as Sango began to tiptoe through all the hay and peer all over, glancing quickly over Aoi.
 
Do you think she's looking for me? Kagome sent down a questioning glance at the wolf, but Aoi instinctively stayed “sleeping”.
 
No. She likes to play hide and seek with her little invisible friends. Aoi replied with a bored tone.
 
Oh. Okay. Kagome grinned and contemplated staying up in the rafter until Sango left. And so she swung her legs back up soundlessly, and placed them comfortably among the straw.
 
She then shifted ever so slightly - and the air was suddenly filled with dust for a few seconds, causing Kagome to cough.
 
Sango, too, was having difficulty breathing in the makeshift sandstorm. Or was it a strawstorm?
 
As the straw began to settle, along with the evil dust, Sango peered up at Kagome. “Hello. What are you doing up there?”
 
“The ground is full of evil straw.”
 
“So is the rafter.” Sango pointed out. Kagome shrugged and leapt down, landing on her feet.
 
“What do you want?”
 
“You're sleeping in the fort tonight. There is no way I'm letting you sleep in here for one more night!” Kagome gave her skeptical look before giving Aoi a quick glance, who, miraculously had “woken up”.
 
“What about him?” Kagome asked, cocking her head every so slightly to the left, gazing at Sango with unblinking eyes.
 
“Inuyasha just said you were sleeping inside tonight. And knowing him… if I don't make you sleep inside tonight he's going to have a tantrum so I guess so. I mean, what else can I do? Hm?” Sango gave her a wicked grin.
 
“Ah. Let us go see my room then…”
 
“Yes. Let's.”
 
0-o-0-o-0
 
“I tell you to go to the gardens, and to shoot him. And what do you do??”
 
“Um… not shoot him?” Jakotsu replied meekly. Renkotsu paced the room, turning his head to glare at Jakotsu every now and then.
 
“No! Well, yes, but you also overslept. That was NOT in the plan!” Renkotsu raged on.
 
Jakotsu sighed. “Everything I do is never good enough. Even though I try, I've tried to make you happy. I've tried to do exactly what you tell me. And I strive and I try so hard. I give it my all. And this time - I'm just never good enough am I?”
 
“Jakotsu - “ Renkotsu started, but was cut off.
 
“No Renkotsu. I'm tired of this! I can't take this anymore. If you are going to abuse our relationship like it meant nothing to you I don't think I can do this anymore!” Jakotsu closed dramatically, complete with gushing tears.
 
“If you are going to imply that I have a meaningful relationship with you then it might be in your best interest to leave.” Renkotsu stated, giving Jakotsu a blank look.
 
Mukotsu tried to hide his snorts of laughter while Suikotsu just blatantly laughed. “Ah, brother you should not be so cruel to Jakotsu. You mean the world to him.”
 
“Shut up Suikotsu. And Jakotsu, I want to execute Plan B soon.” Renkotsu gave him a steely glare.
 
“Does it involve bombs?” Ginkotsu looked up with interest at the word.
 
“…no.” Ginkotsu went back to fiddling with his arm.
 
“Does it involve poisonous gases?” Mukotsu looked eager.
 
“…no.” Mukotsu frowned.
 
“Does it involve - “
 
“No.”
 
“But I didn't - “
 
“I don't care.”
 
0-o-0-o-0
 
Kagura sat there, sullenly watching the Little Thing, as she had dubbed it, prance around the room, chattering animatedly. Well, it was actually short for The Little Thing That Runs Around and Won't Shut Up While Being So Damn Happy. But that was mouthful. So The Little Thing Rin was.
 
“So Kagura-sama, you must always remember this scary tale of the pillow!!” Rin exclaimed.
 
“Uh huh. Sure kiddo. When's Sesshoumaru-saaaaaaaaaaama coming back anyway?” Kagura drawled out his name, making sure the lace the sarcasm on thick.
 
Children. So naïve, and in so many ways. “Oh! Rin does not know when Sesshoumaru-sama will be back but Rin knows that he will come back because Sesshoumaru-sama always does!!!!”
 
“Greaaaaaaaat.”
 
“This is so fun Kagura-sama! Most of the other people here do not like it when Rin is around and they go away. Except for Jaken-sama.” Rin paused, and looked as if she was in deep thought. “And Sesshoumaru-sama too! But they all think Rin is not good for here so Rin is not happy happy.”
 
“I wonder why.”
 
“Rin does too! Rin tries to be very nice and smiley but they all just run away when I don't know why and they come back tired and MEAN and grouchy! So Sesshoumaru-sama made sure that anyone that was mean to Rin was not happy so Rin was happy since Rin has Sesshoumaru-sama and Jaaaaaaken-sama but now Rin has Kagura-sama too so Rin is so happy today!”
 
Jeesh. The way she goes on about that toad is as if she loved him or something. Hah! I bet no one's loved that thing since the dawn of time.
 
Suddenly, a thought occurred to her. “Hey Rin. You know this fort really well right?” Rin grinned.
 
“Yes! Rin knows the fort as well as she knows the back of the moon!”
 
“I think you mean the back of your hand.”
 
“Does Kagura-sama want Rin to show her around?” Rin chattered excitedly, as if she were a puppy. How… happy…
 
And then someone interrupted their little conversation.
 
“That wouldn't be wise. And Rin - stop being so noisy.”
 
“Sesshoumaru-samaaaaaaaa!!!” was the squeal emitted from Rin as she ran forth and attacked his right leg, trapping it in a death grip.
 
0-o-0-o-0
 
“This room smells like that hanyou.”
 
“This whole fort smells like Inuyasha. You can't run away from his scent. He's all over the place.” Sango grinned. “Just get used to it okay?”
 
Kagome didn't answer, and instead chose to scan her eyes over the room, taking in the bed, complete with a canopy, and the lush furniture hanging about the room. There were scenic tapestries hung on three of the five walls (the room itself was the shape of a pentagon) and the other wall contained a picture of Inuyasha himself - “How egotistical,” - and the other wall contained a picture of a rather formal and beautiful woman.
 
“This seems too nice of a room for me. Is this a trick?” Kagome asked as she took steps towards the painting of the woman.
 
“Ah ha ha…noooo… why would you say that?” Sango chuckled rather loudly. “Now, would you like to see the rest of the place? If I don't show you around, you might get lost. Now let's get started on finding the kitchen…” Sango placed two hands firmly on Kagome's shoulders and began to guide her out of the room.
 
0-o-0-o-0
 
“She's up to something.”
 
“She's always up to something.”
 
“That's what I love about her.”
 
“You also love a lot more things about her.” Inuyasha grumbled.
 
Miroku nodded and wisely began talking, “Ah yes, I love the way her hand caresses my cheek, the way she brushes her legs innocently against mine, and the way she holds her love heavily over my head.”
 
Bankotsu snorted. “You mean how she slaps you, how she kicks you, and how she beats you up with Hiraikotsu.”
 
“…that too. But there are so many irresistible qualities of my love that I cannot begin to describe them all.”
 
“Then don't.” Miroku gave Inuyasha a sour look.
 
“I wouldn't have bothered. That description was the closest I could get to explaining something so complex and beautiful to beings like you two.”
 
“Can we just get back to business?” Inuyasha sighed. “We really really need to find out of this rumor's true or not.”
 
“You are really stressed now aren't you?” Bankotsu gave Miroku a worried look, and the monk, now turned cook, just shook his head and shrugged.
 
“Eh, Miroku. Just go and find out if Sesshoumaru's sending troops right now.”
 
“Aye aye Captain Yasha!”
 
0-o-0-o-0
 
The maids in the hallway were steadily at their task, dusting the walls, and the alcoves were being cleaned furiously.
 
“Kira, how are you getting along with that Taka of yours?” a maid slyly whispered as they neared each other while dusting away.
 
The other girl, obviously younger, blushed. “Oh shush Natsumi! You know how he is…”
 
“Okay okay…” Natsumi grinned. “But do tell me when you think he's going to propose..”
 
“Actually… my brother told me Taka and his friends have been acting rather suspicious lately, and I think he's going to propose this month.”
 
“Finally! I mean - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!”
 
Natsumi shrieked, and backed away from the wall. She dropped her cleaning rags and gaped in shock.
 
“What's the matter?” Kira asked, scooting forward, and turned around to see what Natsumi was gazing at. “It's… it's… it's an overgrown dust bunny!”
 
“Are dust bunnies normally orange?”
 
“I didn't know they wore clothes either.” Kira, having plucked up her courage, scooted over to the wall and retrieved the bundle of orange fluff that was hiding in the alcove.
 
And that was how Shippou woke up, with two faces inches away from his. “Aww… he's so darling! Kira, you should take him home and keep him as a pet!”
 
“Ah! Get away from me!” Shippou clawed frantically at the air in front of the two girls' faces.
 
“Isn't he just the most darling thing?”
 
“I think I will keep him!”
 
“No! You cannot obstruct the might kitsune! You can't not obey me! Let me go woman! Let me gooo!!!”
 
0-o-0-o-0
 
Kagura sipped her tea as she carefully watched the Little Thing climb all over Sesshoumaru-saaaaaaama and chatter away.
 
“ - and Jaken-sama tried to sneak back in while Kagura-sama was sleeping so Rin started yelling at Jaken-sama.” Rin nodded with satisfaction. “Did Rin do good Sesshoumaru-sama?”
 
“Go outside and look at the koi fish.”
 
“Yes sir Sesshoumaru-sama!!!” Rin ran outside, but turned around to gently slide the door shut. “I'll be very very quiet Sesshoumaru-sama. I don't want Kagura-sama's head to become ugly.” And with that final statement, the door slide shut, leaving Sesshoumaru to stare at Kagura.
 
“What?” she snapped, loosing her control. Being stuck in a room with that little thing was far too much for her.
 
“Who are you?” he growled. Kagura narrowed her eyes at him.
 
“What are you talking about? I already told you. I'm Kagura.”
 
“That does not answer my question.”
 
“Yes it does.” Kagura sipped some tea. “I think you are getting suspicious of me Sesshoumaru-kun. You're just getting all worked up over me, just someone who's extremely bitter and in a bitch mode right now.”
 
“…” Sesshoumaru didn't say anything, but Kagura knew it worked. His right eyebrow twitched when she said “kun”.
 
“And I think that you should give me a little bit more respect than you're giving me right now. Hell, you give that thing more respect than me.”
 
“You talk a lot.”
 
“You don't talk enough.”
 
“You need to learn to be quiet.”
 
“You need to lighten up.”
 
“You need to learn manners.”
 
“You need to stop being so dull.”
 
“And you need to stop talking.”
 
“And Sesshoumaru-sama and Kagura-sama need to come outside and see what Rin sees!”
 
Ah. The return of the Little Thing. Joyfulness.
 
0-o-0-o-0
 
As Sango insisted on showing Kagome around, Miroku insisted equally on accompanying them.
 
“And that over there is where - “
 
“I met my first girlfriend. I believe her name was Tsuki… or was it Satsuki. Either way, she had the biggest - “
 
“Miroku!” was a hiss from Sango.
 
“ - heart I have ever known.”
 
“I suppose the rest of this dainty little tour will be memories of Miroku's quaint, yet plentiful relationships.” Kagome gave a little grin.
 
“Shall I tell you of the first time I cast eyes on Sango?”
 
“No.”
 
“But Sango, it was such a fateful and beautiful evening when I first set eyes upon you. The way you widened your eyes at seeing me enter the room made me feel so loved. And I can never forget what your first words were to me. Not in a million years Sango.”
 
“Even you can make the scenario where you walk into me taking a bath sound slightly romantic.”
 
Kagome twitched. “He did that?”
 
“And he just stood there staring too. If Inuyasha hadn't burst in at that moment I don't know what I would've done.”
 
“Yeah. You wouldn't have ever seen that hanyou turn red. He's such a prude you know. He's no fun at all.”
 
“I'm sure Kikyou would like it if he ran around getting all the girls he wanted into bed wouldn't she?”
 
“That would be a nice change don't you think? And maybe Kikyou could - I'm just kidding. Kidding. I'm going to go fulfill my duties as a cook now. Until we meet again dear Sango!”
 
“…I hate him.”
 
“Oh - didn't I tell you? You remember that portrait of the woman in your bedroom?” Sango asked as they continued down the hall. “Well that's her. She's Inuyasha's wife.”
 
0-o-0-o-0
 
“It's not my fault I didn't know he took his morning strolls at night!”
 
“Well you obviously had some bad informants didn't you?”
 
“Well Yura was always really forgetful so I can't say that I - “
 
“Just make sure Plan B doesn't go wrong.”
 
“…oh. Okay. Why?”
 
“…”
 
0-o-0-o-0
 
AN: No more “…Her” titles. Too bland. :D