InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ Capturing Her ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Hello. Read. Review. Ok?

Good.

~*~

Running is considered a joy to some.

They say that it releases the tension in their muscles and lets them forget their worries.

But. . .

What if the worries were you weren't running fast enough?

That your pursuers would catch you?

Then what would you do?

Fight?

Go peacefully?

Or just. . . lose sense of what is real?

And fantasy and reality collide?

Then who will come when you call for help?

. . . the people you least expect. . .

Fire and Ice

Chapter Two

Capturing Her

(notice where all my titles are headed for?)

bs~

Inuyasha sniffed the air, his eyes furrowed into a frown as an unpleasant scent permeated his nose. "Sesshoumaru." He growled as he quickly sprung forth into a run.

Miroku quickly chased after his lord and Sango rode Kirara along side him.

The two dozen or so men just stood there.

"Aren't we supposed to be doing something?" one man asked.

The others looked at him as if he was mentally incapcitated. "NO!" and they all went back to doing their respectable projects, which consisted of picking their teeth and throwing rocks at bugs.

^.~

Instinctively, Kagome snapped her eyes open and surveyed her surroundings. Good, those soldiers were fools.

Did they really think she would sleep as a captive?

As she slowly concentrated on the bindings on her arms and legs, they were set aflame. The red, sparking fire died as soon as the rope was broken.

Kagome quickly reached up and loosened her gag, and started walking out of the room. She would find her way out by herself, quickly and quietly. If that wasn't possible, she would take down as many people as possible.

Opening the door, Kagome peeked out and slowly stepped into the hallway. She quickly strided down, sniffing the air for anyone. There were many youkai scents, but one that stood out.

It held an air of power and fierceness. It was a dog youkai, who was un-mated, was very hard to anger, and. . .

Was right behind her.

^.~

Inuyasha stopped suddenly in his tracks, causing Miroku and Sango to collide with each other, in a rush to not run into Inuyasha himself.

"Fuck!" he growled and began sniffing the ground on his hands and knees.

Miroku sighed and rubbed between his eyes, avoiding Sango's menacing look from the embarassing contact they were just in. "Did you lose the scent?" Inuyasha `hmph'ed, which Miroku took as a yes.

"Well, Sango, would you like a game of poker? Strip poker?" he grinned casually. Sango glared and turned her attention to Inuyasha, but kept an eye on Miroku's hands.

"Should I set up camp?"

"Hmph" Sango sweatdropped, and turned to Miroku once more to ask him to decifer the answer Inuyasha gave.

Instead, she found him centimeters away from her butt. "HENTAI!" and slapped him soundly.

Miroku, looking reproachfully at her, sighed and resumed his original position by the tree. "He said yeah."

Sango huffed and asked him another question. "Should I ask you from now on?"

"Yeah." He answered, shrugging casually. Both were in an awkward situation. Miroku, not used to Sango being so kind, and Sango was not used to Miroku sitting there and not attempting to grope her.

They sat there for a while, watching Inuyasha sniff.

Miroku and Sango shrugged, both getting up to retrieve things for their camp.

As she headed into the woods, Miroku followed closely behind. Scowling, she turned around and snapped at him. "Why are you following me?"

"There are bandits here. Can't have our cook getting hurt." He replied casually as he scanned the horizon.

"Oh." She blushed faintly and turned to stare straight in front of her, hoping he didn't notice her slowing pace. Why would he care so much about her safety? Besides, she knew how to take care of herself. Glancing back she noticed him reached out towards her, Sango immediately turned around, and only to have his `wandering' hand lay onto her chest. Blushing furiously, she screamed. "KEEP YOUR DIRTY THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF!" and slapped him hard. She was so mad that she would have decked him with Hiraikotsu, but she had left that with Kirara. Unfortunately.

"So. . ." Miroku began, as they were collecting firewood, quite awhile after his last groping attempt. There had been no talk for awhile and the silence was irritating him. "Do you have dirty little thoughts?"

Sango glared hard at him, stopping her task at hand. "I would never lower myself to your lecherous ways in a hundred years."

Miroku's confident grin faltered as he went back to picking up sticks (^^). Sango smirked a little. It was very amusing. "Wait - forget I said that."

Miroku's smirk came back on full force as he looked up hoefully. Sango frowned a little. He was SUCH a pervert. "I would never do anything remotely like that for all eternity."

"Sango!"


"Bye bye lech." She stated casually as she walked away, handling her hoarded stack into an organized pile in her arms and whistled merrily as she walked.

"She hit you again bouzu?" Inuyasha asked as he jumped down from the tree he was napping in. The noise had woken him He had long given up on finding Sesshoumaru's scent, claiming that some `fuckin' flower' was blocking his nose. He would try again later.

"No. What makes you say that?"

"That red hand print on your left cheek."

Miroku chuckled and shook his head. "Ah. . . Inuyasha, I painted this on! This is so Sango feels that I have been slapped enough." Miroku mentally patted himself on the back for such a good reason. He would never admit to Inuyasha that Sango slapped him on a daily basis. He was so glad that he always outsmarted his lord.

Inuyasha, on the other hand, sweatdropped. "O. . .K. . ." Walking back towards camp, he distinctly heard Miroku whispering, `got him again good. . .'

Something like that. Or were those damned daffodils clogging his ears too?

Well, it was either that or `chicken pot pie good', which he seriously doubted it was. . .

^.~

He stood there, studying her. Kagome could have slaughtered him right then and there, with his smug grin and superior attitude. Snarling, she glared at him. "What is it you fuckin' want with me?"

He only smiled. "Call me Sesshoumaru."

"Hello bastard."

"I will not tolerate such insolence!" he growled, causing her to smirk. What had that scent of his tell her?

Oh yeah, he was an emotionless bastard. Give or take a few notches. (on the scale to judge people's emotional balance. . . )

"I highly doubt that you can't." she replied, spitting in his face as she did so. "Go rot in hell."

Sesshoumaru snarled and was clenching her neck in his grasp in a matter of a second. The shackles that bound her to the wall clanged and all she did was stare defiantly at Sesshoumaru as he slowly began cutting off her air supply.

"You will do well to listen to me. We are at war. I need you to win. That is all. Be prepared to be a good little servant!" he roared.

"So wh - " and she was cut off as a soldier burst into the room.

"What is it?" he snapped. Kagome took this opportunity to sneak away the dagger hidden in his sleeve.

"L-lord Sesshoumaru." He gasped as he knelt.

"Get up you insolent fool. Tell me what is SO dire that you need to bother me." He growled, his voice emotionless, but his words were laced with poison.

The soldier stood up slowly, and Kagome could see his knees knocking together.

So that was how influencial and scary he was. . .

"There is a huge youkai wolf, a white one. He's slaughtering our numbers. So far, it's been estimated five hundred." He spoke quickly. Sesshoumaru clenched his fists, forgetting that he was holding Kagome's neck. This caused her to cough a bit.

Turning his attention back on her, he smiled. It held shadows of what was to come and Kagome didn't like it one bit.

Releasing her, he quickly strode out of the door. "You will guard this door with your life. No one is to leave or enter!" his eyes flashed red as he spoke.

"Y-yes sir!" the soldier stuttered as he took a glance at Kagome and quickly shut the door.

Kagome sighed. "What an idiot."

How to hell was he supposed to watch her if he was outside the room? Sighing, she got the dagger in her hand and chanted words. "Hi. . . Yuki. . . Mizu. . ."

And the dagger began glowling a purple color and she dropped it straight onto the ground, letting it pulse and flash a wave of pale purple color over the room.

The shackles cracked instantaniously. She rubbed her wrists and walked towards the window. Looking outside, she noted that she was on the very top.

"Oh well. AOI~" she yelled out. And then she stood on the windowsill and leapt downwards.

The soldier rushed into the room and found it empty. Panicking, he sounded the alarm.

^.~

Riding on the white wolf that had been tormenting Sesshoumaru's army, Kagome whooped and laughed.

`Don't be happy yet. We still have yet to get away.' He reminded her. Turning her head, she saw that Sesshoumaru's army was still after them. They were slowing down though. . . But the lord himself was nowhere to been seen.

Frowning she turned back around. "What can you tell me of a guy named Sesshoumaru?"

^.~

"Okay! We can stop here for awhile." A rough voice barked out. The two dozen or so men scattered to sit under trees, or to find streams to refill their water supply.

The man who had yelled out orders was distince. He was standing at a table, looking over a large piece of paper on it. Another man, with short black hair tired in a small ponytail, was standing next to him.

"We really should stop for today. You've worn all the men all over. Besides, Inuyasha, I don't think we'll get what we came for. I think Sesshoumaru's got to her already."

Inuyasha snarled. "Shut up Miroku. I know what I'm doing. Who's the boss?" he shot at him.

Miroku raised his arms in a defensive position. "Ok. Ok. Touchy. . ." he mumbled as he walked off.

Unknown to them, two pairs of eyes were watching.

`Thanks Aoi. Is this why you brought me here? To see these morons in action?'

`Pretty much.'

The two looked back at the table, only to find that Inuyasha had also wandered off.

`Did you see where he went Aoi?' she looked over to her faithful pet. He shook his head, and in response, she leapt off the tree they were on.

Closing her eyes, she placed her hands in positions in front of her and began glowing a pale blue. When she opened them, Aoi was tied up on the groun in front of her. She immediately spun around. Seeing no one, she relaxed and started walking up to Aoi. His eyes were pleading her to leave as she neared him.

"Well, you aren't as hard to catch as they all make it out to be." A voice spoke behidn her. She instinctively turned around, only to see a sword poised at her neck.

"Nicely down." She said, smriking, as she backed up two steps. "But one problem, I have the upperhand." And drew her own sword, the sheath still strapped on her back.

"I don't think so." Inuyasha said, in a confident and cocky tone, but Kagome could see in his eyes the need for challenge. The glint that was meant for her, and he was the predator, and she the prey. Well, she wouldn't be bested.

"And why is that?" she asked, keeping her voice empty of emotion, but let a shimmer of amusement show in her eyes.

"Look behind you." He answered simply.

"A simple minded trick. I show have gussed it, being that it came from a simple minded fool." To her surprise, he only smirked. An annoying smirk, which showed her he wasn't playing games. She snapped her head back to see Miroku holding a knife to Aoi's throat.

"Sorry babe." He smiled apologetically. "But give up and no one gets hurt. Much." He said while she glared sullenly.

"I agree." Inuyasha ghad slid up from behind her and warpped his arms around her, pinning her arms to her sides. After a few moments of struggling from her part, she went limp.

"Good girl." He whispered into her hear. "Miroku! Get that mutt and bring it over to camp." When Miroku gave him and sceptical look and pointed to Aoi with a deadpanned look on his face, he asked Inuyasha dryly.

"And how does thee expect such a person to get that done?"

"Fine! Just get some of the other men to help you!" he snapped. Miroku nodded and hollered over, and within seconds, six or so men were helping his carry the wolf towards the campsite.

All while the other men and Miroku were working, Inuyasha had successfully tied the girl's hands behind her back and removed her sword. She whimpered as he did the latter, for all he did was grin.

A soldier soon came up to offer Inuyasha help with carrying her back. "No way." He said, chuckling. Tossing a look over his shoulder at her, he finished his comment, "This bitch is mine." And he grabbed her roughly, and placed her in front of a tree, as if to prove his point.

When all the others had left the area, Inuyasha turned to talk to his prisonor. Taking a few steps closer to her, he knelt down so he was face to face with her.

"Hey bitch." He called softly.

She turned her head, blatently ignoring him.

"Hey bitch, answer me when I'm addressing you." He snapped.

When she still didn't respond, he grabbed the side of her face roughly and turned it to face him. Tilting her face upwards, he sneered.

"Listen to me when I speak to you bitch." He only smirked in response to her hateful glare.

She gave him an emotionless face. She then went limp, cauing him to fumble forward and catch her as she fell.

His first mistake.

In a flash, she had kicked him in the shin and shoved him hard to the ground. He was up in two second, but those seconds cost him. Kagome had already letp up into the trees, with a dagger clenched tightly in her teeth.

Where the hell had she gotten that dagg - Oh. Inuyasha checked his waist and the holder of the dagger in her very mouth, was empty.

When he looked back up, the girl had already rid herself of the rope bindings. Uttering a curse that would have made a sailor cringe, Inuyasha skepticaly looked around, trying to find a good way to leap up there.

Finding none, he snarled. "Get down here!"

To his surprise, she actually leapt down on all fours in front of him, springin up in a blink and holding his own weapon to his throat.

"Take me to Aoi. NOW." Her eyes were glowing red.

Inuyasha assumed that her demon blood had taken over, as it happened with him, and started leading her to the campsite.

When they reached the campsite, everyone froze when they saw that their lord had been taken captive.

"Release Aoi NOW." Was the order given. Miroku, in a blink, rushed over to the forementioned animal and pulled a knife to its throat.

"Release HIM first." Miroku glowered back. The men at the campsite didn't move an inch, and Inuyasha was annoyed. What was he now? Something like that mangy wolf?

Suddenly, Kagom keeled over, sprawled on the ground.

Turning around, Inuyasha saw that Sango was standing behind her, holding Hiraikotsu in a heroic position. The sun shone behind her, outlining her form.

Wow. She sure knew how to over do it.

"Not bad for the cook huh?"

~*~

AN: I'm going to San Fransisco! We. . . .

But that means no internet for a couple of days. . . (3 to be exact)

I don't think I can live like that. . .

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, I was wondering. . . does anyone read my bio page?

::shrugs:: Just curious. . .

ta ta~ bs~ (I wonder if I could get it changed to bullshit. . .)