InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ Taming Her [Part I] ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Read read…

~*~

Betrayal…

A word not to be taken lightly…

Those who have caused it suffer from their mistakes…

Those who suffer from it are wounded for life…

Not physically, but emotionally…

Why should they put themselves out over and over again to be hurt?

So many close themselves off to the world… in a world that one must be careful of those who they confide in…

Fire and Ice

Taming Her

[Part I]

By: bs~

As she stirred from her sleep, Kagome snapped open her eyes. To see two golden orbs staring back at her.

"Woah!" he exclaimed as she swung a foot at him. He stepped out of kicking range as he looked down at her, scowling at him on the dirt floor. Chuckling, he explained some concepts to her. "Hello. My name is Inuyasha. You may call me master. " Kagome muttered something that even Inuyasha's ears couldn't hear. "What was that?"

She looked up at him, a scowl evident on her face. "I said, Lord Oh Powerful and Smart One, I know who you are. I know what you want. And I won't give it to you." Inuyasha's face grew red and he opened and closed his mouth a couple of times, closely resembling a fish, before he once again opened his mouth, this time to speak until Sango came rushing in, and shoved him outside before he could utter a single word. "Hello! I'm Sango. Ignore the bastard I just shoved out of the room!"

Kagome stared. Sango took this opportunity to close the flap to the hut tightly. Turning around, she noticed the shackles chained to Kagome's arms, neck, and legs. "Ouo… You poor thing, let's get those off!"

"SANGO! DON'T YOU DARE!" was heard from outside. Sango paused and turned around, stalking to where the flap was. "AND OPEN THIS FUCKIN' CLOTH DOOR THING!"

Strike one… She took a deep breath…


"… I'LL FIRE YOU! NO MORE TRAMPING AROUND WITH US!"

Strike two… and closed her eyes…

"… KITCHEN DUTY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!" and here was where Inuyasha made his last and fatal mistake…

As he took a breath, Sango started with some yelling of her own. She had quite a set of pipes, which alerted the whole campsite, which was swarming with men, into listening what she had to say to their `king'.

"SHUT UP! FIRST, LEARN THE PROPER TERMS BEFORE YOU GO YELLING YOU HUGE, EGO-INFLATED HEAD OFF! SECOND, I AM AN ASSET TO THIS KINDGOM! AND THIRD, I. AM. THE. COOK. SO WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MATTER FOR FUCKING KITCHEN DUTY!!!" and gasped for a breath. Kagome watched this with great amusement in her eyes. Men could be heard cheering outside and then scattering as Inuyasha began his rant.

"WHAT AM I PAYING YOU FOR???"

"YOU AREN'T!" Sango hollered back.

"I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU!!!" Sango smirked and listened. She knew she was never going to hear the end of this.

"SANGO! SINCE YOU SO DETEST BEING THE COOK, I'M GIVING YOU THE JOB, AND ONLY JOB OF WATCHING AFTER THE BITCH! OI! MIROKU!" Inuyasha hollered. Miroku walked right up to him, happily, thinking he was going to be given the duty of coaxing Sango out of the tent. He tapped Inuyasha on the shoulder, and gave him a great cheesy grin. Inuyasha grinned right back, making Miroku very nervous.

"OI SANGO! JUST GUESS WHO GETS YOUR OLD JOB! TWO CHANCES!" Turning to give Miroku a vicious smirk, Inuyasa snatched Miroku's staff and whacked him on the head with it. "You guess too!"

Miroku chuckled uneasily. Why was Inuyasha acting so… drunk?

Inside the tent, Sango peeled her ear away from the wall. "I think it's safe to say that - "

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Outside the tent, Miroku had dropped to his knees, with his arms raised towards the sky, and had started wailing.

Staring at each other in an awkward silence, Sango quickly shuffled away from the wall of the tent. After half an hour of tense silence, or in the tent, Sango spoke again. "I guess he was serious then…?"

^.~

Sesshoumaru closed his eyes. And then took a deep breath. And then opened his eyes. And then glared at the trembling soldier in front of him. His eyes began to have a faint redish glow to them, and Jaken felt it was time to intervene.

"Milord. I think that we should - "

"Silence Jaken." The frog snapped his beak shut and bowed low.

"I apologize Milord, for - " and was kicked aside. Sesshoumaru turned his attention away from the bowing toad and looked back at the soldier before him. He smirked. That pitiful man was close to wetting himself. His knees were knocking together loud enough for his dear baby brother to hear. The sweat coming off of him was remarkable, but revolting.

"Shut up Jaken."

"Mmph." The toad replied, crawling away on the dirt ground. Sesshoumaru was tempted to roll his eyes, but it would ruin the mood set for the human soldier in front of him.

"You let the prisoner escape."

"B-but Milord - "

"SILENCE!" Sesshoumaru roared. There was nothing he hated more than a cowardly human. This human was brave enough, standing here in front of him.

Had to give him credit for that. "You disobeyed me. I ordered you to stay there, and to NOT LEAVE unless I dismiss you!"

The man was practically crying now. "But sir! I stayed patiently outside for the who - " and with a muffled `thud', the man's head dropped onto the floor, followed with another muffled `thud' of the body dropping.

The head rolled aways, out of the tent. Sesshoumaru growled. He hadn't expected THIS much blood.

"Jaken!"

The toad scuffled over to him. "Yes Milord?"

"Clean it up." Sesshoumaru glared pointedly at the mess on the ground before striding away. Jaken sighed.

"Yes Lord Sesshoumaru." All he ever did these days was drag bodies away and clean up the blood…

But it wasn't his lord's fault! The stress of the was was getting to him… but still… all he did nowadays was clean up blood… and drag off bodies…

…drag off bodies…

…clean up blood…

… and that was just Lord Sesshoumaru's part. How much more blood would be shed if the war didn't end soon?

^.~

Miroku sat by the fire, prodding it angrily with a stick every few moments. He glared at Inuyasha, who had a smile so unnaturally wide on his face, that Miroku was half afraid and half hoping that his face would split in two…

"What?" Miroku snapped, after prodding the fire so hard with his stick that the flimsy piece of wood caught fire and Miroku was forced to drop it and jump on it, while cursing.

After catching his breath, Miroku strode over to where Inuyasha was sitting. The hanyou replied by looking up at Miroku in the eye, half smirking and with a casual "Yo."

Miroku opened his mouth, as if to say something, but thought better of it. He settled with glaring very hard at Inuyasha, which in itself was rather hard, since Inuyasha was looking up at him with a glaze over his eyes. Sulking, Miroku scuffled back to the fire, finding another lonesome stick on the ground and started to prod the fire once again.

^.~

"What do you want?" Kagome asked dully, after Sango had started pacing back and forth in front of the tied down girl.

"Well… I… don't really know. All I'm really supposed to do is guard you. Ya know? That's why I, the only girl in this god forsaken campsite, am watching after you. Do you want to take a soak?" Kagome nodded. Sango smiled and knelt beside the girl. As she worked Kagome free, Sango whispered to her. "I don't want to say this too loud because Inuyasha might hear. I won't chain you up while we're in here and no one else is. I know how uncomfortable those are."

Kagome smiled gratefully as she stood up and arched her back, stretching.

"Ready?" Nodding, Kagome stretched about her arms, windmilling them. "Well now, let's be quiet and hope that…" Sango whispered as she opened the flap to the tent. And forgot what she was going to say. Because, standing in front of them, in all his glory… was no other than Inuyasha.

^.~

Kagura sighed. And flapped open her fan, fanning herself furiously. Kouga mumbled something about high mantainence. Kagura scowled. "Like hell."

Kouga looked up at her and growled. "Yeah? Then what's with the fanning?"

"What's with that stupid bandaging?"

Kouga scowled and got up, storming out of the room. Kagura sighed. The heat was getting unbearable. And he was rather sensitive about his lame arm…

It was too hot and humid to do anything. Good thing Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru thought so too, since the clashing of swords and the yelling of men was halted today.

Much to Kagura's surprise, but she didn't show it, Kouga ran back into the room. "What are you doing back? The hea - BWA!" and she was roughly brought to her feet by Kouga's arms. He picked her up bridal style, and glared at her, motioning to the outside.

Kagura tightly sealed her lips, but scowled at the wolf youkai as she set to work on ruining her clothes. It was amazing the change that happened to the two as they stepped out of the room as soon as Kagura nodded.

Kouga's piercing glare was directed at the many men surrounding the building. He looked fiercesome, sweat dripping down his face, and a deep growl emitting from his chest.

Kagura looked utterly pitiful. She had stopped scowling and was wearing a look of utter and complete agony and distress. Her eyes had welled up with tears, though none would spill. Her eye make up was smeared just a bit, but it showed. Her clothes had been hastily untied and ripped in places. And she had a mask of fear on her face.

Kagura secretly grinned as most of the men's faces changed from `samurai killing mode' to `knight in shining armor mode' as they saw her, looking so `damsely in distressy'. Bah, as if she'd ever stoop to a level like this in real life.

One man bravely stepped forward and brandished his sword. "You! Wolf demon! I challenge you to the fair maiden! I win, you release her!"

Kouga just chuckled. He stepped forward, causing the men in front of him to take step back, making them men behind them to step back… until it became like a wave.

Kouga grinned and walked back towards the room, dropping Kagura none too gently right in front of the door. He leaned down, and made as if to whisper sweet nothings, but instead was informing her of the plan. "Okay wench, there's more than I thought."

"Oh really?" Kagura whispered. She didn't want to move her mouth that much, lest one of the soldiers see.

"No time bitch. When I'm done with this little speech of mine, then you do your stuff."

Kagura gave a slight nod. Kouga got up and turned towards the crowd anticipating him. "Well… she is sweet." He chuckled, as if he found that the most amusing thing in the world. Kagura tried hard not to scowl, she really really did.

She'd get back at him for that. "Now ready?"

The man who had previously challenged him nodded. Kouga laughed heartily, much to the dismay of the man. "Well… I would like you all to notice this castle. Nice is it not?"

Most of the crowd nodded in agreement. Kouga mentally scowled. Okay… so she had good taste.

"Well… it's not mine. Not her's either." He motioned to the wind user behind him. Kagura made sure her hair hid her pointy ears. They were a dead giveaway she wasn't human. They couldn't find out now. The only way the plan would work is if they were surprised.

And surprised they would be.

" - I killed those who inhabited this. As they thought I was a weak youkai, I showed them and slaughtered them all!" Kouga laughed, this time with a little menace. The men in the crowds grew rather uneasy. Sure he was outnumbered… but… he HAD slaughtered a whole castle…

The man who had challenged Kouga stood his ground. "I believe you to be telling falsehoods! There be many armies around here! What of you telling such lies!" Kouga grinned, showing the man his fangs.

"Well… I didn't do it by myself, regretfully, now did I… " and Kouga turned around and cocked his head at her. The wind user stood up, and pulled out her fan. "… Kagura?" the woman nodded. "Men, meet Kagura, the wind-user!"

The men in the crowds paled, but drew their swords. Kagura smirked and raised one hand to tuck her hair neatly into place. Some gasped. She mentally rolled her eyes, knowing her ears were just so FASCINATING to people… what with their pointy little ends and all…

"Well… those weapons are of no use now are they? The winds will show you that!" She flung open her fan skillfully and threw her wind blades. "FUUJIN NO MAI!"

As the men all groaned and cried out in pain, Kagura couldn't help but wince. Kouga smirked. "Need help wench?"

Kagura snapped her blood red eyes open and glared at the wolf. "No. My dance of the wind blades will do it just FINE."

After a couple more attacks, no human soldier was left standing. Kouga and Kagura quickly departed the scene, lest Inuyasha find them.

But before they left, Kagura was sure to wipe the area of their scents and replace it with a more familiar one…

… one that Inuyasha would recognize easily…

…more specifically…

…Sesshoumaru's…

^.~

"And just where do you two think you're going?" Inuyasha said, his smirk evident in his voice.

Sango fumed. However, Kagome put a hand firmly on Sango's shoulder and looked at Inuyasha straight in the eye. "If you want my help, I want to bathe. There's no real need for use two women to smell like you men, even if we ARE surrounded by you mongrels."

Kagome grinned and pulled Sango away, quickly walking away from the stunned hanyou lord.

"Hey! Wait! Wait!" Inuyasha yelled as he chased after them. The flap of the tent on the farthest right, the farest of the four from Sango and Kagome's tent opened up. A man's head popped out, looking around while blinking wearily and popping back inside. When asked what had happened drowsily by the other men, he replied that a white and red bear had come and gone. (note: the men HAVE to sleep early when they get the chance, since Inuyasha drives them to cover a lot of land in such a little amount of time)

^.~

"Hey! I said WAIT!" Inuyasha yelled as he burst through the bushes… only to find himself face to face with Sango and Kagome.

Buck naked.

"HENTAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIII!" Sango screeched while punching him a good few ones in the face. Kagome had taken to fleeing into the waters.

Sango jumped in there after a few more good punches. "And stay AWAY!" Sango screamed before resoluted lowering herself into a more comfortable position.

Inuyasha snarled loudly and ran off, making a racket as he desecrated trees in his way.

Smiling, Sango turned her attention back to Kagome, who simply stared at her. Okay… "Ahem… Kagome?" the girl cocked her head to show that she was listening. "What's wrong?"

"Someone's watching us." Kagome spoke slowly and quietly. Sango immediately tensed her shoulders as she heard the footsteps that were quickly approaching them. Why hadn't she noticed before?

Sango nodded to Kagome. "Sh… continue as we were. Pretend it's all good." Kagome quirked an eyebrow, as if she wanted to say something, but shrugged it off and went back into a relaxed position. Sango noticed that her eyes weren't really closed, only halfway shut.

Good. She might need reinforcements if the person that was watching them was who she thought it was…

Maybe there should be a little fun involved in this? Sango brought both arms over her head, as if to stretch them and placed them onto the dirt ground on which she was leaning. Her hand felt along the ground and found two rather large rocks, just a little smaller than her own hand.

"KYAAAAAAAAAAA!" Sango screeched as she grabbed those rocks, turned around and pelted them at the person in the tree. There was a dull thud as someone or someTHING fell out of it.

"Damn Sango… It's just me…" Sango gaped as someone stumbled through the clearing, rubbing his head.

"MIROKU!" Sango screeched as she got more rocks and started pelting him, aiming with deadly accuracy.

Soon enough, after a few more rocks, Miroku was successfully knocked out.

After making sure he was out cold by tossing a few more rocks in his direction, Sango carefully got out and dragged him behind a rock, and tossed a bunch of rocks on him.

"That way," Sango smirked as she explained to Kagome, "we can tell when he wakes up and pelt him again."

Kagome quirked an eyebrow. "I knew it was him."

Sango gaped. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Kagome shrugged. "One, you told me to be quiet. Two, what would you have done differently than what you just did?"

Sango tapped her chin, deep in thought. After a few minutes, Sango answered. "Well… I would have hit him harder. And placed his body in a funny position as he layed there so when he woke up it would feel sore…. Oh damn! I should have done that!" Sango snapped her fingers and grinned. Kagome laughed.

Sango smiled. "So feeling a bit better?"

"I wasn't saying anything with HIM around." Kagome told her, while wetting her hair.

Sango nodded. "I get it. You don't like Miroku."

"Or that white haired man." Kagome added as she began to lather soaps into her hair.

"Ah… that's okay. I'm not really all that happy about them right now either…" Sango smiled.

Kagome looked up at her suddenly, abandoning her hair. She wadded forward, until she was almost nose to nose with Sango. The ex-cook, startled by the suddenness of it all, widened her eyes and tried to scoot back until she realized that she was leaning against the dirt bank.

"W-what are you doing?" Sango squeaked. Kagome only looked sadly at the startled girl in front of her and reached a hand out. Her eyes were glowing red…

And just as suddenly as she had done this, Kagome collapsed, sinking into the water.

~*~

AN: I'm so evil… ^^'

I'll try to update by next week… hm… yeah… next week… I promise!

Life has really been hell though…

Sorry for all that troublesome wait! Really feel bad about that… eheh….

I am currently working on another Inuyasha fanfic, but the thing is… I need a couple of beta readers.

Not for spelling or grammar. I pretty much got those two down.

To make sure the story flows logically…

For more information, look at my bio~

Ta ta~ bs~ (thy name is bullshit)