InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fire Hazard ❯ A Youkai is Born! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fire Hazard

* Chapter One *

(A Youkai is Born)

"I don't think SO!!!" Kagome yelled as she jumped up, and dodged the blow. Then she turned in mid-air and gave him a purified back kick, sending him flying into a tree. Then she landed on the ground gracefully.

"You! You will pay for that HUMAN!"

The hawk youkai jumped up and slammed her into a tree. When she hit the tree, she just vanished though.

Kagome came up behind the hawk youkai with her scent hidden.

"Do you still want to fight? If you leave now, then I will give you mercy by not fallowing and killing you."

"A miko that grants mercy to youkai. Yu keep on getting more interesting, since you are granting me mercy and I know I can not win I will take my leave now." The hawk youkai suddenly few off.

"Thank you miko for saving me." `She could be the `one'.'

"Oh, your welcome. I'm just happy that I could help."

"Would you like a reward for helping me?"

"Huh? No. No. I'm just happy to help people… beings, well you know."

`Selflessness, caring, and like to help people. Those are the qualities that the chosen `one' is said to have.'

"Young miko, I have reason to believe that you are the chosen `one', to destroy the evil that is currently using Naraku as a pawn."

"Nani? Evil that is using Naraku? Chosen `one'?"

"Yes, there is a greater evil that is using Naraku as its pawn. It is said that a chosen `one' that is a miko will rise up and defeat it. I was chosen to give the chosen `one' the power she needs to defeat the ultimate evil."

"So you think I am that chosen `one'?"

"Hai."

"What kind of power?'

"The chosen `one' will be turned into a phoenix youkai, but will still have her miko powers."

"WOW! A phoenix youkai, I don't think I have ever heard or seen of them."

"That's because they are extinct."

"Oh."

"Will you try?'"

"Um, sure. It won't hurt will it?"

"Well that depends." `It will more than hurt if you are not the hosen `one'. The one would die. I'm glad I am not telling her that. I just have this strange feeling that it is she. Huh?'

"Okay, I'll do it. If it means I will be able to destroy the ultimate evil and helping all that are innocent, than I am in!"

"Very well, first I need you to drink this liquid in this bottle." The bird youkai gave her the bottle.

"Um okay." Kagome drank the reddish liquid in the bottle. "Mm, that's sweet. Somehow I thought that would taste bad."

`It tasted sweet? All the others that have tried and failed, said that it tasted bitter and sour.'

"Now I will chant a spell. Clear your mind." `And pray you don't melt.'

"Um, okay."

* Chanting *

All of the sudden fire was all around Kagome, like she was in a cylinder of solid fire.

`This is different usually they just melted. Huh?'

The fire stared to spin and started to make a mini tornado of fire, with Kagome in the center of it.

When the fire died down you didn't see the young miko, you saw an ancient and extinct phoenix youkai.

(End of Chapter One)

@ Please Review! @