InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ First Kisses ❯ The Truth of His Love ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and Co. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi.
 
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````
 
Kikyo's soul-gatherers spirited her away into the gloom. Inuyasha turned to look at Kagome, who was kneeling on the ground.
 
“Kagome, tell me what she did to you,” he ordered.
 
“She took the Sacred Jewel back,” Kagome said wearily. “I'm sorry.”
 
“That's not what I'm asking,” Inuyasha yelled. “Did Kikyo really try to….”
 
“Then don't ask!” Kagome yelled back, nearly in tears. Oh, no, she was crying. He hated it when she cried and it was his fault. Every time the tears turned on, his heart nearly broke. Kagome didn't deserve someone like him. She should have someone who made her happy, someone who made her laugh.
 
Inuyasha knelt down in front of Kagome. “I don't think you understand,” he said. “If Kikyo had killed you, or even just injured you, I would rip her apart with my own two claws.”
 
Kagome looked up at him, her eyes still filled with tears. “But I thought you loved her.”
 
He chuckled. “I only swore to protect her because I thought that it was my fault he died. I hold no love for Kikyo now. Her place in my heart has been taken by someone else.”
 
“Who?” Kagome couldn't help but ask.
 
“Someone sitting right in front of me,” the hanyou said softly. Kagome looked around, but she was the only other person there. Then, Inuyasha pulled her close and Kagome was aware of nothing but the feeling of his lips on hers.
 
They would have remained like that for some time, but, “Um, are you two finished yet?” a tired voice asked. Inuyasha and Kagome broke apart, looked at each other sheepishly, and laughed. Inuyasha stood, then helped Kagome up.
 
“Only for now, Miroku,” the hanyou told the monk. “Only for now.”
 
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````````````````
Another sweet moment between Inuyasha and Kagome! Only one more, then the series First Kisses will be finished for the time being. I have to wait until my friend that supplies me with Inuyasha gets volumes 17, 18, and 19 of the ani-manga before I can write any more. The last First Kisses will take place in Episode 48. As always, please review. Note: I have over 200 reads on this story and over one review. I WANT REVIEWS!!!