InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ First Kisses ❯ Together ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hey folks! This is the last of the First Kisses series. Maybe I'll continue it if I get more reviews as well as Inuyasha Ani-Manga 17, 18, 19, and 20. On the other hand, it may just be too much. Let me know if you want more! Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and Co. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi.
 
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````
 
Inuyasha listened to Kagome as she talked. She was sitting on the Bone-Eater's Well, staring at her feet. “I've given a lot of thought to this matter of my being Kikyo's reincarnation. Even if it's true, I'm completely different from her.” Kagome looked at Inuyasha for the first time since she started talking. “Here's the thing: I do understand one feeling that Kikyo has, something we share. We're alike in out desire to be with you again.”
 
He stared, surprised. She looked down again.
 
“Strange. The moment it hit me that Kikyo and I were connected by this desire to be with you, I felt a little better. It gives us a common bond. That's how I was able to summon the courage to come and see you.”
 
Inuyasha was stunned. He thought that his love for Kagome was completely one-sided, that Kagome did not long for him the way he longed for her.
 
“I want to be with you, Inuyasha,” she said, her eyes hidden. “I tried to forget you, but I can't.” She stood and walked over to the hanyou. “Inuyasha, I want to ask you a simple question. Inuyasha, will you let me stay?”
 
“You'd stay with me?” he asked. She nodded. The look in his eyes told her all she needed to know.
 
“Well, let's go!” Kagome said, grabbing hold of Inuyasha's hand and pulling him away from the well. He froze for a minute, then let her lead him away and closed his long fingers around Kagome's small, warm hand. They stopped on a hill for a moment, letting the wind blow their hair around their faces.
 
Suddenly, Inuyasha stopped and turned to Kagome, still holding her hand. She looked into his eyes, and understood. By mutual consent, they moved closer and kissed. They stood there, kissing, for awhile until they broke apart for breath.
 
“I love you, Kagome,” Inuyasha whispered to her.
 
“I know,” Kagome whispered back. “I love you, too.”
 
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````````````
Well, I wish that I could say this has been a long, touching journey and that all your reviewers out there have been my support, but due to the fact that I have only ONE review, I can't. Alloreli, signing off!