InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Oh wow! I am so happy; I got 3 reviews for the first chapter! On my first story it took at least four chapters before I even got one! Thank you so much it means the world to me. It is because of you guys that I did an update so soon.
 
**********
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Two
 
*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*
 
“Shut up,” Kagome muttered, as she slapped her alarm clock sleepily. She felt like she hadn't gotten any sleep that night.
 
“It's all his fault,” she said, thinking about the strange boy from the day before. Kagome couldn't turn off the thought of him somehow being Inuyasha.
 
How could he have a rosary just like Inuyasha's? I've never seen anything remotely similar to it in this era.
 
Kagome stumbled into the shower, eager for the hot water to turn off the questions but it didn't help at all.
 
And he said his name was Yasha…but how can that be? Even if he were somehow reincarnated, you'd think he'd have a different name, like Kikyo and I.
 
Kagome got out of the shower and hurriedly got dressed. All of these thoughts were slowing her down.
 
“Bye Mom, see you after school!” she called.
 
“Bye Kagome!”
 
She went down the stairs and walked in the direction of her school.
 
“Kagome!”
 
She raised her eyes and saw her school friends.
 
“Hi Eri, Yuka, Ayumi,” she said. She hurried to catch up to them.
 
“Guess what?” asked Eri excitedly.
 
Probably something to do with Hojo.
 
“What?” she asked, pretending to be curious.
 
“Hojo bought you something special!”
 
I knew it!
 
“Doesn't he always?” she asked with a small smile.
 
“Not like this one, trust me!” Yuka snatched her arm and dragged her to the parking lot.
 
“But Yuka, we need to get to cla-” she gasped. As soon as the parking lot came in view she saw a shiny red convertible that was clearly brand new. Hojo was leaning against it. Before she could run, he spotted her.
 
“Higurashi!”
 
Kagome couldn't help but think, He buys me presents, asks me out every week but he still can't say my name.
 
Kagome had no choice but to walk over there.
 
“Hi Hojo,” she said.
 
“Say hello to your new transportation!” he said proudly.
 
Kagome looked at the car and ran into the school as fast as she could.
 
**********
 
I can't believe him! He can't buy his way into my life! Is it not enough that I continually turn him down! I don't want to date him, I will never date, I will never marry, and I will never love! My heart forever belongs to Inuyasha.
 
The sensei was giving Kagome a funny look, probably because she was so close to crying at her desk.
 
“Are you okay?”
 
Kagome jumped. The voice had come from her left. She saw a pretty girl her age with long brown hair and friendly brown eyes. Kagome's throat constricted
 
“You're Kagome, I've seen you in class but you always seem a bit preoccupied.” She gave Kagome a kind smile.
 
“My name is-”
 
“Sango,” she whispered.
 
Sango looked surprised. “Yes, you know my name, I guess I'm not as invisible as I thought.” She gave a light laugh. “So what's bothering you?”
 
Kagome didn't know why, but she felt like she could talk to this girl. She shrugged. “It's just…you know Hojo?” Sango nodded. “Well, today he bought me a car but-”
 
“You don't want to go out with him,” she stated like it was obvious.
 
Now it was Kagome's turn to look surprised, “If it's so obvious to you, how come my friends and Hojo don't get it?”
 
She shrugged, “Its clear to anyone with eyes that you're not interested. I really don't know why your friends don't get it, but Hojo doesn't because he is a typical guy.”
 
At Kagome's quizzed look she added, “I know all about it, my friend Miroku is always asking girls to bear his child and he doesn't seem to realize that a slap means no-”
 
“Miroku?” she asked dazed.
 
“Yeah do you know him?” Kagome quickly shook her head. “I'll introduce you after school, we'll meet at my locker; 1121.”
 
“I'll be there,” Kagome said smiling.
 
Just then the bell rang and Sango went back to her seat.
 
It can't be Miroku…and Sango, but… can it?
 
“Settle down class, I have the winner of the creative writing contest…from this class.”
 
The class got deadly quiet at this; almost every student in the city had entered this contest for the 130 000Y prize money. And…sensei was saying that someone in this class had won.
 
“The winner is…Kagome Higurashi!”
 
Kagome was shocked. She had written about her adventures in the feudal era, changing her name of course.
 
“Congratulations Miss Higurashi. The formal presentation when you receive your check and award will be this Saturday.” He put an envelope on her desk. “Here is all of the information.”
 
“Th-Thank you,” she stammered.
 
A few classmates clapped (Sango and her friends of course) while others pouted. However, one boy shot her a look of purest loathing…of extreme hatred.
 
His cold eyes reminded her of someone but she couldn't remember who.
 
Kagome was jerked out of her thoughts by a knock at the door. Her sensei frowned but when she opened the door she broke out into a smile.
 
“Mr. Takahashi, welcome.”
 
Kagome looked up and felt the same feeling she experienced the day before. That face, that rosary…
 
“Class this is Yasha Takahashi, he just moved here, please make him feel welcome.” She looked at Yasha, “You can sit in the empty desk right there,” she said pointing to the empty desk beside Kagome.
 
His eyes momentarily widened in acknowledgment, but then he just flopped down beside her.
 
“Hi again,” she said smiling. Then she added, “I'm Kagome.”
 
“That's nice,” he said carelessly.
 
If this is Inuyasha, he is just like he was when I first met him. She sighed, it can't be him…
 
**********
 
Vocabulary in this Chapter
 
Sensei: An honorary term for teacher.