InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Today you will see another familiar face.
 
Thank you to my reviewers!
 
**********
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Three
 
Kagome went through the rest of the morning in a fog. She couldn't remember how many times she had replied with an intelligent `huh?' when someone had said something to her.
 
When the lunch bell rang she almost jumped out of her skin. Get a grip, Kagome.
 
“Wait up Kagome!” Sango called from behind her.
 
“Sango!” she said with a big smile.
 
“Do you want to eat lunch together today? Miroku got himself into detention again,” she said, looking irritated.
 
“Let me guess, he was groping one of the girls in his class.”
 
Sango looked amazed, “Wow, how did you know that?”
 
“Um,” Kagome stammered, “Well based on what you told me this morning I figured he had to be a pervert if he was asking girls to bear his children.”
 
Sango nodded slowly, “Makes sense,” she said, though she still looked a little wary.
 
They reached the cafeteria and quickly grabbed some empty seats.
 
“What do you think of the new guy Kagome?”
 
“Who? Yasha?” Kagome asked.
 
“No, the other new guy,” Sango giggled. “Of course Yasha!” Then she added carefully, “Do you…know him? You seemed kind of…tense…when he came in.”
 
“He just…He looks like a friend I once had,” she said honestly.
 
“Do you want to tell me what happened? You look very sad,” Sango said bluntly.
 
“He died,” Kagome said quietly.
 
Instantly, Sango's face changed, “Oh kami-sama, I'm so sorry Kagome.”
 
Kagome gave her a weak smile, “It's okay, you didn't know.”
 
There was an awkward silence before Kagome asked, “So do you have any brothers or sisters?”
 
A relieved Sango readily answered.
 
“Yeah, a younger brother, Kohaku.”
 
**********
 
Great just one more thing to prove that she is the Sango I know.
 
Kagome was back in class and she was trying to pay attention to the lesson but her gaze kept drifting to a certain dark-haired boy with a rosary around his neck.
 
I'm going to fail if I keep this up…
 
**********
 
BBBBBRING!!!
 
Finally the bell! Now I can go see `Miroku'
 
Kagome rushed to locker 1121 so quickly that she was there before Sango and Miroku.
 
Guess I'm just going to have to wait here.
 
“What is a beautiful young lady like yourself doing here all alone?”
 
Kagome's heart stopped again.
 
Dang if this keeps happening, I'm not going to live to see eighteen!
 
Without turning around, she smiled and said, “You must be Miroku,” She turned to face him. He was the spitting image of the Miroku she knew except that he was in modern clothing.
 
Surprise was evident on his face but then he smiled charmingly. “You know who I am but I don't know you.”
 
“My name is Kagome.”
 
“Kagome…will you bear my-”
 
“No she won't bear your children!” said an angry voice.
 
His eyes lit up, “Sango, my dear-”
 
Sango ignored him and said, “Well, I see you two have met.”
 
“Yes,” Kagome said smiling, “Oh, before I forget, would you two like to come to my award ceremony on Saturday? I was given 10 tickets and-”
 
“We'd love to come,” exclaimed Sango, “Thanks for the invite Kagome.”
 
“Come where?” asked Miroku looking confused. Kagome noticed too late that his hand was drifting south on Sango's back.
 
SLAP!
 
“Pervert!” she said. “Kagome won the creative writing contest!”
 
Miroku (with a large red handprint on his cheek) raised his eyebrows at Kagome. “Congratulations! I'll be there.”
 
“Great!” she said. “I'll see you both tomorrow, I gotta run now.”
 
“See you, Kagome!” they said.
 
**********
 
Kagome walked home in a shock. She was taking a shortcut through the park.
 
I am definitely going to go see Kaede about all these reincarnations…if that is what they are.
 
Her thoughts abruptly ended when strong hands wrapped around her throat and she was forcefully slammed into a tree.