InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry for not updating over the weekend, it was busy but I won't bore you with the details because I'm sure you want the next chapter. Enjoy!
 
**********
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Four
 
“You bitch!”
 
The hands we choking her so badly, but she still managed to see who her attacker was, it was the boy with cold eyes from her class.
 
Suddenly it hit her. This boy was Naraku! Or his reincarnation at least.
 
But that thought didn't help her, she was losing air fast. Her eyes rolled up and her knees gave out.
 
Abruptly the hands let go of her and she heard a sickening thud. She opened her eyes her eyes and saw Yasha standing over Naraku, as Kagome now thought of him.
 
She groaned, attracting attention for her rescuer.
 
“Are you okay?” he asked sounding like a mixture between irritated and concerned.
 
“In-Yasha” she corrected herself hastily.
 
“What the hell did you just say?”
 
In a flash, Kagome found herself pinned against the tree again, though thankfully, it was by her shoulders this time.
 
“Please, no,” she groaned, “I've already been through this once today.”
 
“What the hell did you just call me?” he grounded out again, completely ignoring her.
 
“Uh…Yasha,” she said unconvincingly.
 
“Don't lie to me girl-”
 
“Fine!” she yelled, “I was about to call you Inuyasha! So sue me!”
 
Wrong thing to say, his vice-grip tightened, “How did you know my name? Nobody knows it! Not even the teachers know it! So how do you know it?”
 
“Calm down Inuyasha,” Kagome said, she wasn't afraid anymore, just getting exasperated and a little curious.
 
“Don't call me that, you stupid girl-”
 
Now Kagome was getting ticked off too, “I have a name, use it! Kagome! KA-GO-ME!”
 
Dang, talk about déjà vu…
 
“I'll call you whatever the hell I want too.”
 
Kagome had had enough; her arms were starting to bruise from his grip and she was afraid of Naraku getting up any minute and she was late for dinner.
 
On instinct she cried “SIT BOY!”
 
Whatever she had been expecting, it hadn't been him letting go of her and falling face first, into the ground. It wasn't anywhere near as hard as the hanyou Inuyasha as fallen, but for a human, it was hard enough.
 
“What the hell did you just do to me? How do you know my name? Who are you?” he asked harshly.
 
The rosary…it still works? His name is actually Inuyasha? It can't be…it can't be…
 
“Inuyasha…is it really…really you?”
 
Then she fainted.
 
**********
 
Kagome groaned. Her mother rushed over to her bedside, “Kagome are you okay? That boy, Yasha, said that you were attacked-”
 
“Yasha?” Kagome interrupted. “He was here?”
 
“Yes Kagome, he carried you here on his back.”
 
“How did he know where I live,” Kagome asked, trying to ignore the voice in her head that was saying, Inuyasha used to carry me around on his back too…
 
“He said that he saw you come down the shrine stairs yesterday and you didn't look like a tourist so he assumed that you lived here. He's pretty sharp isn't he? And he looks a lot like Inuyasha too, without the dog-ears, but he does have that necklace-” Ms. Higurashi abruptly broke off when she saw her daughter's tear stained face.
 
“Oh honey, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry….”
 
“Don't worry about it Mama…He's not Inuyasha…Inuyasha is dead…It's just a coincidence…”
 
Kagome reached for her mother and embraced her, “Mama, he can't be Inuyasha, Inuyasha died 500 years ago, but he is so similar to him, same attitude, same voice, same strength, same rosary, same-”
 
Ms. Higurashi held her daughter tightly and whispered soothing words to her.
 
“What is this really about Kagome?” her mother asked gently.
 
Kagome was shocked. She smiled and said, “Wow, it must be pretty cool to read minds.”
 
Ms. Higurashi laughed and said, “It only works with a mother and her children.” Kagome laughed.
 
“Well, I-Yasha is not the only one who reminds me of my friends from the feudal era.”
 
Her mother raised her eyebrows but didn't say anything.
 
“I met a boy and a girl today, their names were Sango and Miroku, Mama they are just like Sango and Miroku from the feudal era, but they died as well, so they can't be here…”
 
“Kagome, why don't you go and visit Kaede, doesn't she know all about reincarnations? I mean, she told you that you were Kikyo's reincarnation didn't she?”
 
“But that's just it Mama! I am Kikyo's reincarnation and we have barely anything in common! Sango and Miroku are EXACTLY like the Sango and Miroku I know.”
 
Her mother kissed her, “I still think you would feel better if you went to see Kaede.”
 
“You're right Mama, thanks.”
 
“Anytime, honey. Now your teacher called today and told me you won some contest?”
 
“Oh yeah! Mama it was so amazing, I wrote about my adventures in the feudal era, but I changed my name, I never thought I would win, I have another copy here, do you want to read it?”
 
“Do I?” Ms. Higurashi pretended to think. “Yes!”
 
Kagome laughed and headed upstairs, picking the second copy of her story off her desk. She paused and flipped to the last page:
 
Kichi knelt down at Inuyasha's grave.
 
“Inuyasha…I don't know what to say…you have given me so much, more than I can ever repay you. You have changed so much from when I first met you…back then you wouldn't trust anybody and you hated me so much,” she laughed softly. “When I shattered the jewel I thought you were going to tear the earth in half.”
 
“Inuyasha…you have protected me and saved me countless times and I never even thanked you. Thanks doesn't seem like enough…but I will say it anyway…Inuyasha thank you for everything, everything! You were my best friend, my protector, the closest thing I have ever had to a boyfriend. Wherever you are, wait for me. I promise that I will never love anybody but you for the rest of my life. I love you Inuyasha and I will see you again.”
 
Just then, Kichi felt a soft, warm breeze around the grave and she knew that Inuyasha had heard her. She smiled softly, while tears flowed from her eyes.
 
“Good-bye Inuyasha.”
 
THE END
 
Kagome wiped her eyes. I always start crying when I read that. It is true though; every word I said was true.
 
She hurried downstairs and handed the book to her mother, “Enjoy!” she said smiling, before heading off to the well.
 
Time to see Kaede.