InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Thanks again for the wonderful reviews, I forgot to mention this earlier; if for whatever reason, you don't want a reply to your review, just say so. I do it because since people take the time to write a review, I take the time to thank them. So please review!
 
**********
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Five
 
Kagome hoisted herself out of the well and walked through Inuyasha's Forest toward Kaede's village.
 
She stopped briefly at the god tree and remembered when she first met Inuyasha.
 
He looked so peaceful, like he was just taking a nap.
 
She tugged her eyes away and continued hiking through the forest. Soon, Kaede's village came into view.
 
Kagome walked up to Kaede's door and knocked. A few seconds later the door opened, revealing Kaede.
 
Surprise was evident on her face, but she smiled nonetheless.
 
“Kagome, it is good to see ye again, Please come inside,” she requested.
 
Kagome smiled at the old miko and walked into the tiny cabin, “I've missed you Kaede,” she said, giving her a hug.
 
“I didn't believe ye would ever return here,” she admitted.
 
“I didn't think the well would let me through without the Sacred Jewel.” Kagome replied.
 
Kaede smiled, “I guess we were both wrong, how have ye been lately?”
 
“That's what I came to talk to you about, see, I want to know about reincarnations,” she blurted out.
 
Kaede's eyes widened slightly, “And why would ye want to know that Kagome?”
 
Kagome struggled to find the right words, “Well, it's because, I think Sango, Miroku and Inuyasha have been reincarnated into my time.”
 
Kaede smiled, “I have received lots of surprises today, but this is the biggest one yet. Why do ye think that it is them?”
 
“Their personality, it's just…so similar to my friends, and their looks are the same, same names, Sango has a little brother named Kohaku, Inuyasha still has the rosary that makes him sit - ”
 
“What? Inuyasha still has the rosary? They have the same names and same siblings?”
 
“Yes!” said Kagome enthusiastically, “And the rosary still works too, I kind of, accidentally, tested it,” she said sheepishly.
 
Kaede had an odd look in her eye, “Kagome, I'm sorry to tell ye this but I have no idea what is happening. All I know is, they are not reincarnations.”
 
“But, they-”
 
“Kagome, ye are the reincarnation of my sister, Kikyo, yet your names and personalities are exceptionally different. From what I'm hearing, your friends are exactly the same as they were before they died.”
 
“But how, what can this mean? How can this be?”
 
“I have heard not of this before, it is a puzzle Kagome. If Inuyasha was reincarnated, I know for sure that he would not have the rosary and even if he did, it would not work.”
 
“So are you saying that my friends are still alive?”
 
“I am not sure what to think Kagome.”
 
“But that's impossible! Even if by some miracle they were still alive, Sango and Miroku would not be able to live 500 years in the future and if Inuyasha did, he would recognize me, not pin me against a tree and demand to know why I knew his name.”
 
Kaede stifled a laugh, “He did that, did he?”
 
“Yes…” Kagome sighed.
 
“Where is that little fox child in all of this? You'd think he'd be there too, no?”
 
“I don't know,” Kagome admitted, but now that Kaede mentioned it, she wondered, He should be there too…
 
“Oh hello there Kirara.”
 
Kagome's head snapped up, in the doorway of Kaede's hut, there stood the two-tailed youkai fire cat.
 
“Kirara!” Kagome said happily, “I've missed you!”
 
Kirara shrank to her smaller form and jumped into Kagome's arms. Kagome hugged her.
 
“How have you been?” she said to the cat.
 
Kirara gave a mew.
 
“That's good, well I better get going, thanks for your help Kaede.”
 
“I'm sorry I couldn't be more help child.”
 
“You were very helpful Kaede,” Kagome insisted. “I'm going to go visit my friends' graves and go say hi to Koga and Ayame, then I'll…be on my way.”
 
“Come again soon Kagome.”
 
“I will,” she called, as she raised her hand in farewell.
 
She walked over to her friends' graves and bowed her head. “Have you all come back to me?” she whispered.
 
“Kagome!”
 
Without turning around, she knew it was Koga. Kagome waved to him, “Hi, can I come and see Ayame?”
 
“That's what I'm here for,” he squatted, “Get on.”
 
Kagome hesitated; this is how Inuyasha used to carry me…
 
“Kagome?” said Koga. She shook her head hard to clear the images before climbing on Koga's back.
 
“Lets go,” she said.
 
**********
 
“It was great seeing you again Kagome,” said Ayame warmly.
 
“Same to you, I can't wait to see the baby,” Kagome said, giving her a genuine smile. “Well, time to go. Koga can you take me back to my friends' graves? I can get home on my own, I'm sure you don't want to leave Ayame alone for too long.”
 
Ayame rolled her eyes as if to say, Tell me about it…
 
“Sure, Kagome.” Koga said as Kagome got on his back.
 
“See you, Ayame!” Kagome called.
 
**********
 
Kagome looked at each flower that was on her friends' grave. She had placed them there only yesterday. Nonetheless, she grabbed four more flowers from the patch of forget-me-nots. However, not unlike yesterday, she kissed Inuyasha's flower and whispered that she loved him.
 
Nevertheless, as she walked towards the well, she couldn't help but think, Maybe you are all closer than I think.