InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I actually got back from my trip yesterday but I was too tired to write (anybody who has been in the backseat of a car for more then four hours knows what I mean; no leg room at all!)
 
Then I got grounded and had to do chores from 8:20 in the morning to right now (12:20) to be allowed to write this chapter and I will probably have to do the same thing tomorrow for chapter 7! So please make it worth it and review!
 
**********
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Six
 
*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*
 
“Go away, Alarm Clock,” Kagome said to her pillow, “I am not going to obey you this morning; I am not going to get up and you can't make me.”
 
“Kagome, get up! You're going to be late for school!” called her mother.
 
You can't make me get up…but my mom can…Kagome corrected.
 
She moved like a zombie while getting ready for school that morning. Kagome had barely slept the night before; Kaede's words kept playing through her mind like a broken record.
 
“Kagome, I'm sorry to tell ye this but I have no idea what is happening. All I know is, they are not reincarnations.”
 
Kagome shook her head
 
Kaede must be wrong, they have to be reincarnations because Sango and Miroku would not be able to live 500 years in the future and if Inuyasha did, he would recognize me. Besides, I saw them die…
 
“Why did we have to die?” she asked aloud. “Why couldn't we live through the battle with Naraku?”
 
I may not have perished physically, but my heart died with Inuyasha…
 
“Kagome! You look like you haven't slept in years!” exclaimed her mother.
 
“I feel like I haven't,” Kagome said yawning.
 
“Kagome, I'm sorry to tell ye this but I have no idea what is happening. All I know is, they are not reincarnations.”
 
Kagome jolted. Kaede's words are never going to leave me alone…
 
Maybe it's just a coincidence; if they are not alive or not reincarnated then they are just ordinary people who happen to look…and act…like my friends…
 
Kagome didn't believe that for one second.
 
“I'm leaving Mama,” she called as she headed out the door.
 
And why did Naraku attack me like that? I never even saw him before yesterday…Well nobody can say my Monday's are boring, although I hope that today I'll have an eventless Tuesday.
 
Kagome turned the corner to her school and saw Hojo talking with her friends.
 
Gotta get away…
 
Kagome turned back the way she came and entered the school at another door. She went to he locker and grabbed some books.
 
“Well, well, well, Miss Higurashi, winner of the creative writing contest,” said a cold voice.
 
Kagome's heart stopped. Naraku…
 
Kagome turned around slowly. “Who are you? What do you want with me?” Kagome couldn't believe how much she sounded like the victim in a horror movie when she said that.
 
The boy smirked, “I am Kuro and the rightful winner of that contest.”
 
Kagome felt her fear edge away, His name is not Naraku, he's just an arrogant spoiled idiot who thinks he can get whatever he wants!
 
“Is that why you attacked me yesterday?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.
 
“Indeed, I was trying to send you a message, that you have apparently not received,” he said frowning.
 
“Oh? And what was that?” Kagome said carelessly.
 
He leaned close so that their noses were almost touching. Kagome tried to take a step back, only to find that her back was pressed against her locker.
 
“The message,” he said darkly, “Is that the prize money is rightfully mine and you will not have it. You will hand it over to me.”
 
“Too late,” said Kagome bravely, “I have won it fairly and it is not going anywhere near you.”
 
He lowered his voice so low that she had to strain to hear him.
 
“Dead girls don't win prizes.”
 
Kagome gasped, “Are…are you threatening me?”
 
“Oi! Get away from her,” said an angry voice. Kagome inwardly sighed in relief. Kuro didn't back off right away.
 
“Watch your back,” he whispered before walking away in a very Sesshoumaru-like fashion.
 
Kagome looked at her savior.
 
“Stay away from him; he's bad news,” Inuyasha said seriously.
 
“Thanks for helping me out,” she said giving him a smile.
 
“I just did it because I want to know what the hell happened yesterday!”
 
Somehow, I knew he was going to say that…
 
Kagome sighed, How do I explain it if even I don't know what happened? She could only think of one thing, Stall him…
 
“What are you talking about Inuyasha?” she asked.
 
“Well for starters, how do you know my name?” He asked angrily.
 
“Um…well,” Think of something, think of something! “You remind me of a friend who looks like you and has that name,” she said finally.
 
He gave her a look, “Nobody looks like me,” he said simply.
 
“Well I met this guy a long time ago.” Yeah, try 500 years ago.
 
“Does he go to this school?” Inuyasha asked, sounding as if he didn't really care.
 
“He's dead,” she said bluntly.
 
Inuyasha looked taken aback for a minute, “Oh sorry.”
 
Kagome bit her lip and stared at the ceiling to keep from crying. She swallowed hard.
 
“Hey, don't cry!” said Inuyasha sounding alarmed.
 
Kagome gave him a weak smile, “Don't worry, I've done enough of that since he died.”
 
“Well…I guess you can call me Inuyasha if you want, just not in public, I don't need everybody knowing.” He sounded almost kind when he said that.
 
She smiled, “Thanks.”
 
“Keh,” he muttered. Then he seemed to remember something, “Hey what the hell happened yesterday with that sit trick?”
 
Dang how am I going to explain this?
 
Úm…”
 
He tapped his foot impatiently.
 
Just then, the bell rang.
 
Saved by the bell…literally.
 
“There's the bell, we better get to class,” she said matter-of-factly.
 
He grabbed her arm, “Not until you tell me what happened.”
 
Kagome didn't know what to say so she went for the lamest excuse in the book.
 
“You're clumsy, you fell.”