InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey! I noticed “Waltz” got 2000 visits! *Big smile* Plus, it has 17 reviews now! I like it when people review even after the story is over, it shows that they are not doing it for the updates but because they really like it. Keep the reviews coming.
 
**********
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Seven
 
Kagome tried to focus on what the teacher was saying but she could feel Inuyasha glowering at her. She kept her eyes straight and tried not to think of the boy sitting beside her.
 
Okay, so it probably wasn't a good idea to call him clumsy, if he's like the Inuyasha I knew, that probably hurt his pride.
 
Inuyasha wasn't even trying to pay attention; he was staring at her and trying to make her break her will of looking at the chalkboard.
 
How childish…
 
“Mr. Takahashi, do you care to tell the class what is so interesting about the side of Miss Higurashi's head?”
 
Kagome blushed and looked away. Inuyasha just kehed and shifted his gaze to Sensei.
 
“Thank you, now as I was saying, I am going to assign a history project for you.”
 
Right on cue, the whole class gave a disappointed sigh.
 
“You will work in groups of two,” the class perked up, “that I will assign,” she finished. The class slumped down again.
 
“The objective of your assignment is for partners to choose one person in their group and write about their family history. This includes where they live, their family, anything important. Please note that I said groups of two, not one, not three, TWO! So do not ask me of you can have another person and do not ask me if you can change your partner.” She paused. “I will now read out the groups.”
 
Please not Hojo; please don't let my partner be Hojo! Kagome prayed to Kami, Buddha, Christ and any other high being she could think of. Please not Hojo, anybody but Hojo.
 
The sensei rattled of a few names.
 
I hope I get to be with Sango.
 
“Yuka and Eri.”
 
“Sango and Etsuko.”
 
Darn!
 
“Hojo and…Ayumi.”
 
Kagome sighed in relief and a few more pairs were mentioned. Kagome was starting to grow bored, when…
 
“Kagome and Yasha.”
 
Kagome literally froze; she was so focused on not getting Hojo that she forgot all about Inuyasha.
 
Well, this is going to be interesting…
 
Kagome glanced at Inuyasha to find him smirking at her. He's probably going to give me a real earful about calling him clumsy.
 
“Your projects should be four pages long, at least, and they are due on Friday, have fun with it!”
 
The next few hours went by in a blur. Before she knew it, it was lunchtime.
 
She walked out of the classroom and started to walk toward the cafeteria. Kagome spotted Inuyasha a few feet in front of her.
 
“Hey Yasha!” she called.
 
Inuyasha turned. “Oh, its you.”
 
Kagome gave him a pointed look, “Who did you think it was? Anyways, we have to decide when to work on our project and who's history we're doing.”
 
“I'm surprised you don't want to work with someone less clumsy.” He said snidely.
 
Kagome gave him a look, “Look I'm sorry okay? Seriously, give it a rest. Who's history do you want to do?” she repeated.
 
“We can do yours, mines not that interesting,” he said carelessly.
 
If you are Inuyasha's reincarnation, your history is more interesting than you think.
 
“Okay…do you want to get started now?”
 
He looked at her incredulously, “But its lunch!”
 
“Yeah, so?”
 
“At lunchtime you eat,” he said obviously.
 
“Your telling me you're going to eat for the entire lunch hour?”
 
“Obviously,” he said.
 
“I rest my case,” she muttered. “Okay, come over to my house right after school, I live at the Higurashi shrine, do you know where that is?”
 
“Yeah, I'll be there.”
 
“Okay, see you then.” Kagome jogged off to the cafeteria.
 
“Hey Kagome!”
 
Kagome saw Sango waving her over. She sat down at her table.
 
“Hi Sango. Hi Miroku.”
 
“Hello Kagome. We were just talking about the history project,” said Miroku.
 
“You got that project to, huh?” Kagome said.
 
“Yeah,” he said, rubbing his temple.
 
“Kagome, you didn't look very happy to have Yasha as a partner,” said Sango, giving her a sympathetic smile.
 
Kagome sighed. “You have to have the patience of a saint to put up with him.”
 
“Good thing you have the patience of a saint,” said Miroku grinning.
 
**********
 
“Where is he?” Kagome muttered angrily. They had arranged to meet right after school. “He should have been here fifteen minutes ago!” she said loudly.
 
“Looking for me?” asked Inuyasha, popping out from behind the God tree.
 
“How long have you been here?” she asked.
 
“A while, its fun watching you talk to yourself,” he replied smartly.
 
“You have the mentality of a two year old and that's giving you too much credit,” she muttered.
 
“Hey! I heard that!”
 
“Well its true! Anyhow, lets get this over with. This is the Goshinboku or God tree. It has been here for a thousand years.”
 
“How do you know? Were you there?” he asked laughing.
 
Not a thousand years ago, but I was 500 years ago…
 
“Your so mature,” she said sarcastically.
 
“I try.” He said carelessly staring the tree with a funny expression, almost as if he were in a dream.
 
“Inuyasha?” He snapped out of it. “Let's go into the well house, I'll show you the ancient Bone-eaters well.
 
“Fine,” he said, following her into the gloomy house.
 
“This is the ancient Bone-eaters well. It is called that because five hundred years ago, there was a village nearby and they used to put the bones of defeated youkai in here so that they would disappear faster. This well has…special powers.” She said carefully.
 
Kagome waited for his sarcastic retort but it never came. He was in even more of a daze then he was at the tree.
 
“This place seems so…”
 
“Familiar?” she guessed, heart pounding.
 
“Well, yeah,” He shook his head hard, “Come on, lets get back to work.”