InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Questions, comments, concerns and complaints can be reviewed to me and I guarantee I will address them.
 
**********
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Eight
 
“Good Morning Tokyo! Today is going to be a bright sunshiny Wednesday! So be sure to have some fun in the sun today! Temperature will raise up to-”
 
Kagome slapped her alarm clock.
 
And I thought the beeping sound was bad; that bright chirpy voice that uses the word sunshiny is a hundred times worse.
 
Kagome dressed at top speed that morning. She was going to try to get a few history lessons from her grandfather before she had to go.
 
“Hey Gramps! Could you tell me about…” Kagome told him exactly what she wanted and he was more than happy to oblige. For the first time since Kagome could remember, she was actually paying attention to his stories!
 
**********
 
“Finally its lunch time!” she muttered in exasperation.
 
Kagome had been waiting all morning for some time to work on the project so she could share the new information with Inuyasha, but much to her disappointment, Sensei informed the class that they would have to do the entire project on their free time.
 
On her way out of the classroom, she grabbed Inuyasha's sleeve.
 
“I don't care what you say, you are coming to the cafeteria to eat lunch today. I need to show you some stuff for our project.”
 
Inuyasha looked surprised but he shrugged and said, “Keh, whatever.”
 
He followed her to Sango and Miroku's table and stopped, “Who are these people?” he asked rudely.
 
“My friends. Now have a seat,” she commanded.
 
“Hi Yasha, I'm Sango, I'm in your class and this is - PERVERT!” she cried, slapping him. The people in the tables nearby didn't even glance at them; Kagome guessed that this was a regular occurrence. She didn't know, ever since the final battle with Naraku, she spent most of her lunch hours outside by herself.
 
“That's Miroku,” Kagome said, stifling a giggle.
 
Inuyasha nodded to them, though he gave Miroku a look, “Hey.”
 
“Yasha, I talked to my grandfather this morning and he told me some things about the Sacred Shikon Jewel. Have you ever heard of it?” Kagome asked.
 
Inuyasha's eyes clouded over for a moment before he shook his head. “Don't think so.”
 
“It's an ancient gem that was used to grant the desires of humans and youkai…” She went on to explain to Inuyasha while Sango and Miroku listened fixedly.
 
**********
 
Kagome smiled to herself, the four of them had talked quite a bit during lunch, she was sure they were all going to be friends…almost like old times. Admittedly, Inuyasha still had a major attitude problem, but that's okay.
 
Suddenly, Kagome was violently pushed up against a tree.
 
Wait a minute, haven't I been here before?
 
“I thought you learned your lesson about walking alone in the woods,” said a voice Kagome knew all too well.
 
“Kuro…” she breathed. “I thought you learned your lesson about attacking innocent girls!” She started to push away before she saw the object he had to her neck, gleaming in the limited sunlight of the forest. A butcher knife.
 
“You didn't take my threat seriously did you? No matter, you will die now.”
 
“I should have pressed charges against you while I had the chance,” she muttered.
 
He smirked, “Charges? My father is the richest man in Japan, owner of one of the worlds largest software companies. He is connected with all the right people. No one will lift a finger against me if I cut your throat right now. So do not say another word.”
 
He pressed the knife against her flesh. Kagome's heart started beating painfully fast.
 
“Say goodnight.” He said.
 
Kagome closed her eyes in defeat.
 
Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, Shippo…I'll be with you soon.
 
Kagome didn't know how it happened. One second she was standing against a tree with a knife slowly moving against her skin, and the next she was slumped to the ground watching a mysterious man fight furiously with Kuro.
 
“Get out of here you stupid girl!”
 
Kagome's eyes widened, Inuyasha!
 
She couldn't move, she wouldn't move, she would not leave Inuyasha alone with this crazy, knife-holding guy.
 
To Kagome's surprise, Kuro was a skilled fighter. He was dodging attacks and landing punches, just like Inuyasha was.
 
“Be careful Yasha!” Inuyasha turned and looked at her. Right at that moment, Kuro took his knife and sunk it deep into the flesh bellow Inuyasha's shoulder.
 
No! Inuyasha!
 
Inuyasha groaned. Kuro smiled and headed back to Kagome, unaware of a rising figure behind him.
 
Kagome nearly gasped, but Inuyasha put a finger to his lips, telling her to be quiet.
 
“Ready to join him?” Kuro asked.
 
Inuyasha raised his good arm and gave Kuro a swift knife hand, right to the back of his neck. Kuro slumped to the ground. For the time being, he was knocked out.
 
“Bastard,” Inuyasha muttered softly, collapsing to the ground.
 
“Inuyasha! Inuyasha please wake up! Please wake up!” Kagome yelled.
 
`This brings back bad memories…'
 
Kagome opened her eyes and screamed.
 
Inuyasha was lying on his back with a tentacle through his heart. Kagome ran to his side and took one of his hands in both of hers. He squeezed weakly.
 
“K'gome,” he said quietly, “Sorry…couldn't…protect…love…you.”< /div>
 
“Inuyasha don't die, please don't die. I-” his hand went limp in hers. I love you, she finished mentally.
 
“Relax girl, I'm okay. That idiot missed my heart when he stabbed me - why are you crying?” he asked, alarmed.
 
“You're such an idiot!” she sobbed. “He could've killed you. I thought you were dead Inuyasha!” She fumbled around in her backpack. “You need treatment.” She said grabbing her first aid kit.
 
“You carry a first aid kit in your backpack?” he asked, raising a brow.
 
“Old habits die hard,” she said softly, wiping her tears.
 
Inuyasha chose not to comment to that. He watched as Kagome tore off his sleeve and sprayed it with an ointment. He hissed in pain.
 
“Sorry,” she said as she finished wrapping gauze around the wound.
 
“So, you were worried? That's why you were crying?” he asked quietly.
 
She looked at him, “I was afraid for you Inuyasha, I thought he got your heart, I thought - Oh, I'm so glad you're okay!”
 
She lunged into his arms, wrapping her arms around his waist and burying her face into his good shoulder. She squeezed him tightly.
 
“I'm okay Kagome,” he said sounding embarrassed. He gave her a quick grasp.
 
Kagome looked up and pulled away, shocked. Then she smiled, “So you do know my name,” she said. Then she laughed, “I thought you would never use it!”
 
“It's no big deal,” he said uncomfortably.
 
“To you,” she replied. “Well I guess I better get home, my mom will be worried about me,” She started off.
 
“If you think I'm letting you walk home alone after what just happened, you're even more crazy then I thought,” he said matter-of-factly. “I'm coming with you, we can work on that project some more. Your history is not as boring as I thought it would be.”
 
She gave a wry grin, “Thanks for the compliment.”