InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I am open to all comments, compliments, criticism, complaints, concerns and any other `c' word I forgot so please review!
 
**********
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Nine
 
“Good Morning Tokyo! Today is Thursday - ”
 
Kagome slapped her alarm clock with more force than necessary. She remembered wanting to change it back to alarm yesterday.
 
“Must have gotten too distracted by Inuyasha…” she thought aloud, “No matter how similar Inuyasha is in this time I miss my Inuyasha…Gosh is it only Thursday? I met Inuyasha Takahashi on Sunday…”
 
She got out of bed slowly and, very purposely, she slid her alarm clock settings from radio back to alarm.
 
**********
 
“Is it just me or do the mornings seem to be getting a lot longer,” Kagome muttered to Sango.
 
“It's not just you,” she said helpfully.
 
Kagome grinned, “Thanks. Do you want to sit where we did yesterday?”
 
“Sure, that's where Miroku and I always sit.”
 
“How long have you and Miroku been friends?” asked Kagome, sitting down.
 
Sango paused, “About a year, I think. We met outside my house one day and it turned out we were only a few houses apart. He's a pervert and all but a really good friend.”
 
Kagome smiled, “Yeah, I think Yasha and I are starting to be friends too. He's nice enough, when he's not acting like a jerk.”
 
“And how are you lovely ladies doing today?” asked Miroku, coming up from behind them.
 
“Hey Miroku, have a seat,” Sango said, gesturing toward the empty chairs.
 
“How are you guys doing on that history project?” Kagome asked sighing.
 
“Miroku is depressed because his partner is a guy,” Sango said grinning.
 
“Hey! I resent that!”
 
“Of course you do, you want a girl partner,” Kagome said obviously.
 
“No, I meant that I resent - ”
 
“Hey Yasha, come and sit over here,” Kagome said, seeing Inuyasha behind Sango.
 
Inuyasha shrugged and sat in the empty chair beside Kagome.
 
“We're giving Miroku a hard time about his `appreciation of the female body,'” said Sango, making quotation marks with her fingers.
 
“Feel free to join in,” Kagome added with a grin.
 
Inuyasha snorted, “Thanks but no thanks, you two go ahead.”
 
“Suit yourself,” Kagome said, turning her attention back to Miroku.
 
**********
 
“So we're almost done?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Yeah we've already used up three pages just from talking about the Shikon no Tama, the Goshinboku and the bone-eaters well.” She smiled.
 
“Well is there anything else, like more stuff about the youkai?” asked Inuyasha, trying not to appear too interested.
 
“Well there was this legend about a hanyou and a miko, but I don't think that Sensei would want to hear about that. Most of the things on this property are just stories,” she said reluctantly. Kagome hated to lie.
 
“Well…how about we get something boring and truthful and then you can tell me the legend.” Inuyasha said.
 
Kagome was surprised, “You really want to know?” she asked.
 
“Keh.” He answered.
 
Kagome smiled, “Sure, lets just get some information about the monks and miko that were my ancestors.”
 
This sparked Inuyasha's curiosity, “So, you're a miko?”
 
“I guess you could say that,” Kagome said, pulling books off the shelf.
 
She handed a couple of them to Inuyasha, “Start reading.”
 
**********
 
“Kami-sama, could those books have been any boringer?”
 
Kagome gave him a look, “Boringer?” she asked raising her eyebrows.
 
He laughed. Kagome was shocked; he never even chuckled. Kagome smiled and laughed too.
 
Trying to calm down, she said, “I think the phrase is more boring.”
 
“You're no fun,” he said.
 
Kagome laughed again, “Wow its getting kind of late, it's almost time for dinner. Maybe I'll tell you the legend tomorrow with Sango and Miroku.”
 
“Sure,” he said. “So, we're finished the project?”
 
“I should hope so, it's due tomorrow!” she paused. “Yeah, I'll just type up the new stuff we found and make it look good and put our names on it. Then I'll hand it in tomorrow.”
 
“Sounds good,” he said. “Well, I'm going to head home now.” He stood up.
 
“Hey Inuyasha?” Kagome said.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Do you want to come to my ceremony on Saturday? For my story I mean.”
 
Inuyasha looked astonished, but then he smiled and said, “Why not? I don't have anything better to do.”
 
Kagome grinned at the very-Inuyashaish-answer, “Thanks. Now you better get going, if you're anything like you are at school you won't want to miss your dinner.”
 
“Too true.”
 
Kagome walked him to the shrine steps and said good-bye.
 
Turning around, she headed back to her house when she heard a shuffle. Eyes wide she spun around, “Who's there?”
 
“Do not be alarmed,” said a soft voice, “I am right behind you.”
 
Kagome felt her heart stop, slowly turning around, she gasped as she saw the familiar figure.
 
“Sesshoumaru…”