InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry for the wait, I am keeping myself busy this summer. Oooh, I am finally in the double digits for chapters, chapter ten!
 
Please review! Reviews make me update faster.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
**********
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Ten
 
“Sesshoumaru…” Kagome said. “Is it really you? Are you…a reincarnation?” she asked cautiously, while mentally smacking herself.
 
“I am no reincarnation Miko,” he said.
 
Sesshoumaru looked exactly as he did 500 years ago. Except for his clothes, he was the spitting image of the lord himself. He surveyed her through emotionless eyes.
 
“I see you haven't changed a bit,” Kagome said, smiling softly. She was no longer afraid of him, “So how are you? How are Jaken and Rin? What do you do for a living?”
 
“Rin and Jacken are still alive, the Tenseiga has powers I did not know of, in addition to awakening the dead they can also prolong the human life.”
 
“Wow…” she said. “So how old is Rin now?”
 
“Her age is frozen in her early twenties and will remain that age for as long as she wishes.”
 
“That's great.”
 
“I did not come here to talk about myself, I have come because I have some very important information for you.”
 
“Information?” she asked.
 
Could it be about Inuyasha and the others?
 
“It is regarding Naraku.”
 
Kagome felt her heart drop. Would she never figure out if her friends were here? Kaede had told her they weren't reincarnations; would she never figure out what they were?
 
But Sesshoumaru didn't know her thoughts, he continued, while looking at her unblinkingly.
 
“A boy about your age, named Kuro I believe, is the reincarnation of Naraku.”
 
“Yes, I know,” Kagome replied.
 
Sesshoumaru clearly hadn't been expecting that answer. “You know.” He repeated.
 
“Yeah, I've already had some…uh…near death experiences which he was involved in,” she said, while being unpleasantly reminded of his knife, his threats and the forest encounters.
 
“I see,” he said. “Evil souls cannot usually be reincarnated from hell. However, just before Naraku died he absorbed a young kitsune. Your friend I believe.”
 
“I know,” Kagome whispered, feeling a lump in her throat.
 
“The kitsune was good-hearted, he was to be reincarnated. But, since he was a part of Naraku's flesh, a part of Naraku escaped hell and was reincarnated as well.”
 
“I follow you so far,” she said. “Continue.”
 
“Since you were the one who destroyed Naraku and his hate for you was so great, it even managed to get reincarnated also.”
 
“So you're saying that Kuro has the same hatred for me as Naraku did, even though he doesn't know who I am? Naraku's hatred of me has been passed on to his reincarnation?” she asked.
 
Kikyo didn't even have that much hatred for Inuyasha…If she did, I would've hated him when I first saw him…pinned to the Goshinboku…
 
“Precisely, but that is only the beginning,” he paused. “Kuro wants to create a nuclear bomb big enough to destroy Japan.”
 
Kagome gazed wide-eyed at him, “Okay I didn't see that coming,” she muttered.
 
“Indeed. He is extremely rich so it wasn't hard for him to finance it. However, he wanted to win some contest to get enough money to add some features to complete it. A story contest.”
 
“The one I won.”
 
Sesshoumaru continued as though he didn't hear her. “However, like I said, he has a lot of money and he is an expert hacker, so I'm sure he has already taken money from banks. That money was added to his money. He has been working on this for many years.”
 
Kagome gasped, “Continue,” she said weakly.
 
He nodded, “Kuro has been making bombs ever since he was old enough to read.”
 
“Somebody didn't have a very good childhood,” she murmured.
 
“He has been reading and rereading how to make nuclear bombs ever since he was young. He has most likely read every book, encyclopedia and internet site that mention the words nuclear and bomb in the same sentence.”
 
“But why would he want to blow up Japan? Wouldn't he die too?”
 
Sesshoumaru's expression did not change, “I am not here to question the intelligence of humans-”
 
“Sesshoumaru, sorry to interrupt you but...have you…did you…” Kagome had no idea how to place her question, “Your brother, is he…in this time as well?”
 
He looked at her with no emotion, “Miko, my brother perished long ago in the final battle with Naraku, you know this.”
 
“I don't know what I know anymore Sesshoumaru, I really don't.” She looked away, toward the well house.
 
He chose not to comment on that. Kagome shook her head hard.
 
“Sorry I cut you short, what else were you saying about Kuro?”
 
“I told you almost everything Miko. The last part is that he will set his nuclear bomb to go off in a fortnight.”
 
“A fortnight? Two weeks? How, How can you know that?” Kagome asked, somehow not doubting him for a second.
 
“I have my sources.”
 
“Like a psychic?” she asked sarcastically.
 
“It is none of your concern,” he said coolly.
 
“I understand,” she said, knowing he wouldn't tell her.
 
“Is that -” Kagome started before realizing something. “Why are you telling me this Sesshoumaru, surely you can easily handle this yourself.”
 
“I have better things to do then get involved with human affairs.”
 
Kagome nodded. “I figured you would say that. So…why are you here?”
 
Please tell me you have SOME information about your brother!
 
Sesshoumaru didn't answer for a whole minute. Kagome was about to ask again when he spoke.
 
“You are the one who has to stop him.”