InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 24

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Previously said, the most I will ever make you wonderful readers and reviewers wait is two weeks.
 
**********
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Twenty-Four
Kagome stared. She felt like she was in shock. How was this possible? That concealment spell…it was so powerful. Sure he was extremely similar to Inuyasha but Kagome had never suspected, even for a moment, that he would actually be…an Inu-hanyou. With that spell, his aura was completely human with no traces of anything else.

Inuyasha cleared his throat and Kagome snapped out of her daze.

“…Are you going to say something?” Inuyasha asked uneasily.

Kagome gave him a quick, reassuring smile. “Sorry Inuyasha. I was just really surprised; I didn't see that coming. I was just thinking that the rosary has a really powerful concealment spell.”

Inuyasha blinked. “That's your reaction?”

Kagome laughed. “Yup, that's my reaction. What did you think it would be?”

Inuyasha shrugged. “Scared, panicked, mad that I didn't tell you…”

It was Kagome's turn to shrug. “Why would I be scared? I just told you that one of my best friends was a hanyou and some of my other friends were youkai. There was Shippo, a kitsune child and Koga the wolf-youkai is still alive and living nearby…As for you not telling me, I understand completely because I didn't tell you my secret for the same reason.” She grinned. “That night when we crashed the party, I met Shippo's reincarnation, so that was one positive thing that happened there.”

“How do you know people are “reincarnated”? That sounds like something you read in books,” Inuyasha said skeptically.

Kagome smiled dryly. “Trust me; I know how to recognize reincarnations now. I'm…I'm actually Kikyo's reincarnation.”

Inuyasha looked dumbfounded.

“Yeah, that simple fact caused a lot of problems between Inuyasha and I because he was sealed to a tree for fifty years, thinking that Kikyo had betrayed him. That was one of the many problems Naraku caused. It took Inuyasha a while to realize that, reincarnation or not, I'm my own person.”

Kagome told Inuyasha more about Naraku. From killing Sango's family and manipulating Kohaku to having Koga's wolves slaughtered to Miroku's cursed hand.

“This guy sounds like even more of a bastard than Kuro,” Inuyasha commented.

“Well reincarnations aren't the same people as they were before but they do tend to relive certain events that happened before,” Kagome said while thinking of the times when her body had been possessed or somebody else had manipulated her arrow to kill Inuyasha.

Suddenly, realization dawned on her.

“Oh no…” she muttered.

“What?” asked Inuyasha sensing her unease.

“Reincarnations tend to relive certain events that happened before,” Kagome repeated, “That means that Kuro...I'm almost positive…he is going to do the same thing Onigumo.”

“What was that again?”

Kagome sighed. “The complicated part of the story. Onigumo gets burned, falls in love with Kikyo, and lets youkai consume his body so that he can remove Inuyasha and have Kikyo for himself. I think Kuro is going to do the same thing except that he probably just wants to kill me.”

“Can he do that?”

“Of course he can! There are plenty of youkai still around here and if Onigumo could do it, so can Kuro.”

“So how do I stop him?” Inuyasha asked sounding bored.

Kagome glared at him. “This is not going to be like the forest, if he has youkai in him he could be just as bad, if not worse than Naraku!”

“Keh…I'm a hanyou, I'm strong enough.”

That's what Inuyasha thought too…

Kaede walked in. “How are ye two getting along - Oh my,” she said, seeing Inuyasha.

“Everything is okay Kaede,” said Kagome, pretending that she didn't notice Inuyasha, “We are just talking about the likely chance that Kuro is going to do what Onigumo did all those years ago.”

Kaede's face was instantly grave. “There is a very good chance of that and a good chance that you two will not be able to stop him alone.”

Kagome grinned. “I told you so,” she said to Inuyasha, “Lets get going.” She jumped to her feet.

“Where?” asked Inuyasha and Kaede at the same time.

Kagome looked at the large boomerang and staff leaning against Kaede's wooden wall. “It's about time that those weapons got to fight again. We are going to get some reinforcements.”

Biding Kaede farewell, Kagome headed toward the well with Inuyasha at her side.

Sango…Miroku…

**********

Inuyasha helped Kagome out of the well as she explained her plan.

“Something inside of me is just telling me that Sango and Miroku can master those weapons in Kaede's hut,” she finished.

Inuyasha looked skeptical as he put his concealment spell back on. “But I thought that you and were the only ones that could go through the well.”

“No problem, they can just hang on to us. That's how Kuro got though. Do you have a cell phone?” Inuyasha nodded. “Okay call anyone you need to and I'll get on the phone with Sango and Miroku. Tell whoever answers the phone that we are…studying for exams at my house overnight. Come into my house when you are done.”

Without another word, Kagome rushed into her house to talk to her mother, Sango and Miroku.

**********

Kagome was reading over some of her favourite memories in her story when Inuyasha entered her room.

“I called them,” Kagome said unnecessarily, carefully shutting her book. “They should be here in five or ten minutes.”

“Do they know what they are getting into?” Inuyasha asked, sitting at Kagome's desk chair.

“Well, I did tell them that this was going to be worse than sneaking in to a party and stopping Kuro from launching a nuclear bomb, so I think they have a pretty good idea of what they are getting into.”

“I meant to ask you earlier, how did your mom react when she heard about you on the news?”

Kagome shrugged. “She was worried but she was glad that I didn't go alone. Don't forget, she used to let me fight youkai in the feudal era; a bomb wouldn't faze her too much.”

Inuyasha nodded. “I don't think anybody at my house even noticed. What were you just reading?” he asked curiously.

“Oh…the story I entered into that contest. The one about the feudal era.”

“Can I read it? It might help me understand everything you told me.”

Kagome blushed and shook her head. “It's too private in some spots…my soul is on these pages. Its like a diary - actually I did create it from my diary.” Seeing Inuyasha about to open his mouth, she added, “It was okay that the judges read it, they didn't know that Kichi was me and that makes a big difference.”

Interrupting Inuyasha before he started talking, she said, “I do have something for you though.”

Inuyasha looked interested. Kagome went over to her closet and pulled out a long, solid, wooden case. Stylishly carved on its lid was one word: Tetsusaiga.

Kagome's grandfather hadn't liked the idea of Kagome keeping a “Dangerous Sword” out in the open, so he had one of his friends (who was a carpenter) make that case for Kagome. Kagome was very thankful for the gift; it carried her most precious treasure. It was the only thing she had from Inuyasha.

Kagome opened the case and Inuyasha peered inside. He frowned when he saw the rusty sword. “This sword is called Tetsusaiga, it was made from Inuyasha's father's fang. When a hanyou, like Inuyasha, wields it, it transforms to a large size and is able to unleash massive amounts of power. It won't transform for humans and youkai can't even touch it because of a barrier.”

Inuyasha looked like a boy on his birthday that had just received the toy he had wanted all year.

“There is a catch though. It has to be used in the defense of a human and you might need a bit of training with it.”

Inuyasha didn't seem at all put out.

“And…this sword used to belong to Inuyasha. This sword has saved his life and mine many, many times and it is more special to me than anything I own.”

“So…I can't keep it?” Inuyasha said, sounding depressed.

Without hesitating, Kagome shook her head. “No.”

Just then, the doorbell rang, announcing Sango and Miroku's arrival. Kagome grinned at Inuyasha. “You know that they aren't going to take the feudal era news as well as you did, right?”

Inuyasha grimaced. “They definitely won't take the news of me being a hanyou well.”