InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 25

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Yea! I've reached the big 100! 100 reviews! Reviewers, thank you so much, you have made my dream come true! *Wipes away tear of joy*
 
**********
Forever Yours
Chapter Twenty-Five
 
Kagome greeted her friends at the door and led them to the kitchen where she proceeded to tell them what she had told Inuyasha. Ms. Higurashi was also in the kitchen but she was baking cookies and humming quietly to herself.
 
“So, basically Kuro is going to try to kill me by absorbing youkai, like Naraku did,” Kagome finished.
 
Miroku's face had the same expression as it did when she told them about the nuclear bomb. Sango looked unsure.
 
“Kagome…this seems too weird,” Miroku said carefully, “I can understand a psycho trying to kill everyone is Japan because there are lots of crazy people in the world. But youkai…they don't exist. You don't see youkai or hanyou in Tokyo, they are just myths.”
 
“Besides,” Sango added, “If Kuro really is 500 years back in time, can't you just leave him there and get on with your life?”
 
Kagome sighed. “I can't make you guys believe me but I can answer your questions. Miroku, youkai and hanyou still exist today. They have powerful concealment spells. I only know two, maybe three, personally,” she said, thinking of Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru and Yasuo (after all, he was Shippo's reincarnation), “but I'm sure there are lots more out there.”
 
She turned to Sango. “I can't simply leave Kuro in the feudal era. Keeping him back there would be as bad as keeping Naraku alive. If he can take over the land, the future will be changed and the world as we know it would have never existed. I don't know how long hanyou live but I'm sure he could rule the world for a few centuries. The reason I was away from school so much last year was because me and my friends were trying to defeat Naraku and complete the jewel.”
 
With that, Sango was convinced. Miroku on the other hand…
 
“It just seems so…”
 
Kagome fought to keep her temper under control. “I am not crazy. I'll prove it to you!” She stood up. “I'll go jump in the well right now!”
 
“No you won't,” said Inuyasha sharply. He had been quiet the whole time. “Kuro could be waiting for you on the other side of the well, if you jump in, you might not come out.”
 
“But I have to - ”
 
“Miroku, I'll show you some proof,” he said, glaring at his friend for being so stubborn. His hand flew to his rosary. He removed the concealment spell and his claws, fangs, ears and silver hair returned. “Enough proof for you?”
 
Miroku was momentarily shocked speechless and Sango grinned at the sight.
 
“He's an Inu-hanyou,” Kagome explained cheerfully.
 
“My real name is Inuyasha.”
 
“It suits him well,” Sango said, completely unfazed by his transformation.
 
Miroku finally found his voice, “Well, I guess we better go and stop Kuro…how do we stop him?”
 
“There are weapons that I think you two can master back in the feudal era. I'll use the bow and arrow - ”
 
“She's a miko,” interrupted Inuyasha.
 
“ - Inuyasha will use a sword called Tetsusaiga, Sango will use a giant boomerang and you can use a powerful staff…and maybe sacred sutras. It depends on how much spiritual power you have.”
 
Miroku raised his eyebrows but chose not to comment.
 
“I'll just get my stuff and we'll get going. Inuyasha come with me, I'm not carrying my backpack and your sword.” Kagome walked up the stairs.
 
“I thought you said it wasn't my sword!” he called but he headed toward her room nonetheless.
 
Kagome filled any and all extra backpack space with first aid. Bandages, gauze, bandages, ointment, bandages, painkillers, bandages…
 
“Moving to a hospital?” asked Inuyasha with a smirk.
 
Kagome sighed. She stood up and tried to lift her bag. “Can't be too careful. Besides, it's a habit.”
 
Understanding dawned on him. “So when you said old habits die hard…”

”I was talking about the amount of times I kept first aid in my backpack in the feudal era. I give up on this bag! I think it's a back-breaking youkai in disguise!” she exclaimed angrily.
 
Inuyasha looked amused, he opened her wooden box and grabbed Tetsusaiga and the clip that Kagome had made before Sango and Miroku had arrived. It would allow him to attach Tetsusaiga to his modern clothing.
 
“If you glare at that bag any harder, you are going to burn holes into it,” he said as he easily picked it up and swung it over his shoulder. “Let's go.”
 
He left the room and Kagome could only sigh gratefully.
 
**********
“Well, this is it. This is the well.”
 
“Although this place is kind of creepy, the well looks normal enough,” Sango said.
 
“Looks can be deceiving,” Kagome said. “Okay, there is something else you and Miroku should know,” she said to Sango, “For some reason, Inuyasha and I are the only ones who can pass through this well by ourselves.”
 
“So I just have to hang on to you Kagome,” Miroku said with a perverted grin.
 
Much to Kagome's surprise, Inuyasha beat Sango to the punch.
 
“Don't you ever touch her,” he growled dangerously to the momentarily unconscious Miroku.
 
“Inuyasha…” Kagome said in surprise.
 
Sango nodded in approval. “I can't knock him unconscious very often,” she said, sounding impressed. “Good job Inuyasha.”
 
“I'm really tempted to leave him behind, but I'll take him through.” He hoisted Miroku up by his collar and jumped into the well.
 
Sango took a step back when she saw the unexpected blue light consume their friends.
 
“Okay Kagome, if I wasn't convinced before, I am now,” she said.
 
Kagome nodded. “Are…you ready to jump?” she asked.
 
Sango nodded firmly. “Absolutely, I am not letting you guys fight an evil hanyou without me.” She put her arm through Kagome's.
 
“One…two…three…JUMP!” Kagome commanded.
 
They jumped. Sango had her eyes squeezed shut when they leaped into the well but she hesitantly opened them when she did not hit the hard-packed dirt of the floor below. A few seconds later, they were there.
 
Sango looked at the sky where the roof had been in wonder.
 
“Hey Inuyasha! Give us a hand! Vines are a lot harder to climb than steps you know!” said Kagome.

**********

”Kagome! Ye are back a lot sooner than I thought.” Kaede said in surprise
 
Kagome smiled. “Kaede I would like you to meet Sango and Miroku.”
 
Miroku had regained consciousness as soon as Kagome and Sango had gotten out of the well.
 
Kaede's mouth formed and `o.' Nonetheless, she smiled and said, “Pleasure to meet ye two.”
 
Sango and Miroku repeated the sentiment.
 
Kagome heard a soft mew. Before she could turn, Kirara had jumped into Sango's arms.
 
“Wow…she's adorable,” Sango said softly, petting her gently.
 
“She's a neko-youkai named Kirara. She was a very good friend of my other friend Sango,” Kagome said.
 
“Well…I'll be your friend too, okay?” The neko-youkai mewed happily.
 
“Kaede, could I borrow Hiraikotsu and the staff? Inuyasha is already outside trying to get the blade to transform.”
 
Kaede nodded immediately and gestured to the wall of her hut. Sango easily lifted the Hiraikotsu and Miroku held the staff in amazement.
 
“This feels…so familiar,” she heard him mutter.
 
Kagome tried to stop her heart from pounding as she led them outside.
 
“Start practicing,” she said.

**********

It was a couple of hours later and the only one to successfully master a weapon was Sango. She had gotten the hang of the boomerang after very few failures. Although, watching her throw the mighty weapon in blue jeans and a lime-green shirt took some getting used to.
 
Miroku did possess spiritual power. A lot of it. Kagome could sense it as soon as he started trying to use the staff to make barriers. He was able to hold them up for only a few seconds but he was able to use the sacred sutras effectively.
 
Inuyasha had little success. He had only managed to get the blade to transform once, when he had saved a villager. Sango's Hiraikotsu had cut a tree in half and almost crushed the poor man. He was not able to unleash the Wind Scar.
 
Kagome sighed. It's okay, they can practice again tomorrow…

**********

”Kagome wake up!” Inuyasha muttered urgently.
 
“What…” she mumbled, clutching her sleeping bag.
 
“Kuro is here.”
 
Kagome snapped to attention and took a peek out the door. Silhouetted against the morning sunset, Kuro stood tall with youkai surrounding him.
 
Kagome looked at her sleeping friends and then Inuyasha. “It looks like the battle is going to be today.”