InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Chapter 29

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: This is my longest chapter yet. Guess what everyone? Next chapter I am going to tell you what Inuyasha, Sango and Miroku are!

Over 14 000 visits to this story!
 
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa and Happy Holidays! Have a great New Year!
 
**********
 
Forever Yours
Chapter Twenty-Nine
 
“You're turn Kagome,” said Inuyasha grinning.
 
“No Kagome! Don't do it!” Sango said dramatically.
 
“It's going to have to happen sometime,” Miroku said solemnly.
 
Kagome took a deep breath and placed her hand over her heart, “It's been nice knowing you guys, remember me when I'm gone,” she said sadly.
 
She opened the envelope that contained…her report card. Kagome picked up the piece of paper by the corner and held it away from her as if it were a poisonous bug.
 
“I can't do it!” She thrust the paper at Sango. “You read it!”
 
Sango skimmed the paper and looked up grinning. “Above average Kagome, same as me.”
 
Kagome sighed. “I'm never going to be a doctor if I just get above average…”
 
“Keh. Lighten up Kagome. We still have one more year of high school,” said Inuyasha.
 
“True,” added Miroku who had gotten nothing lower than a 95, “Besides, you beat Inuyasha,” Miroku joked.
 
“I think it's a miracle we all passed even with everything going on,” Sango said. Nobody disagreed.
 
It was Thursday. Seven days since the party and four days since they had battled Kuro. A lot had changed between the four friends since that day. For one thing, they had become closer and they had been spending a lot more time together.
 
Kagome had taken Sango to the feudal era a couple of times to get rid of her exam stress by practicing with Hiraikotsu. Kirara and Sango had also gotten closer. Miroku hadn't been in the feudal era since Sunday. He claimed that he didn't get stressed about exams. Inuyasha was the same way.
 
Inuyasha had come up with something to tell the police. He told them that Kuro had attacked Kagome, Sunday afternoon while they were all studying for exams. Supposedly, Kagome had gone out for some air and Kuro had jumped her. Hearing her scream, Inuyasha, Sango and Miroku rushed to her side where they were able to take down Kuro and his gun.
 
In all honesty, Kagome thought the story was a bit lame but the police believed it and Inuyasha and Miroku did a good job making her front yard look like a crime scene while they were sparring. Kuro did have a gun tucked in his pants (he probably thought that he didn't need it when he turned hanyou) so Inuyasha put it in his hand, punched him in the head, spread a couple of his hairs around the yard (for the Crime Scene Investigators) and called the police.
 
The police hadn't really cared about the scene, to Miroku's disappointment. They had Kuro for the bomb and that was all that mattered to them. Kagome had heard a rumor that Kuro's rich father, Kazuo, was going to keep Kuro from going to prison at all costs.
 
Ever since Kuro's arrest, the paparazzi had been trying non-stop to interview and take pictures of Kagome and her friends. One of the cops must have leaked information into the press in exchange for a heap of cash.
 
Detective Kishi had called Kagome the night before and said that the paparazzi would probably leave them alone quicker if they did a press conference that Saturday. Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku and Kagome had agreed.
 
In the meantime though, their classmates had been pestering them to the point of making the paparazzi seem like children wanting a bedtime story. To Kagome, Sango and Mirou's delight, Inuyasha had volunteered to take each of them home on his back to get them home as quickly as possible and avoid unwanted attention. He often took Sango and Miroku together and then he would take Kagome to her house where they would talk and study for the remainder of the afternoon and evening.
 
With all of this going on, Kagome hadn't gotten a chance to ponder her new feelings for Inuyasha. For that she was grateful. She didn't want her heart to love anybody but the Inuyasha that had stolen her heart in the Feudal Era.
 
“Well, I did a lot better this year than I have for the last two years. Last year I was unable to focus and the year before I was hardly ever here,” Kagome commented.
 
“So let's celebrate!” exclaimed Sango.
 
“Wacdnald's?” asked Miroku.
 
Inuyasha snorted. “Have you forgotten about the press? I think we should avoid public places for a while. Lets go to my house.”
 
Kagome grinned. “Great. I've never seen your house before.”
 
**********

Kagome opened her mouth and then closed it. Inuyasha's house was…big. Big and beautiful. It had large gates in front of a long driveway that led up to a beautiful brick mansion. It was just as big as Kuro's, maybe bigger.
 
Miroku and Sango were also in shock. Inuyasha, however, walked right up to an intercom.
 
“Name please,” stated a cool female voice. Kagome recognized it as the same voice that had greeted her when she called Inuyasha.
 
“Inuyasha Takahashi.”
 
A pause. Then, “Come in Mr. Takahashi.”
 
The gates swung open slowly. Inuyasha started walking forward before he realized that his company was not with him. “Kagome? Miroku? What's wrong with you guys?”
 
That seemed to shock the trio from their daze. In disbelief, Sango and Miroku walked through the gates.
 
Kagome looked at Inuyasha. “You didn't tell me that you were rich…”
 
Inuyasha shrugged indifferently. “You never asked.”
 
“It wouldn't have mattered anyway,” Kagome said. Inuyasha smiled faintly at her.
 
**********

”Not much happened. We tried to find a door to the basement but it was a lost cause so we just kind of hung around. Good thing our disguises were so good. I was mingling and everything!” Sango finished excitedly.
 
Sango was telling Inuyasha and Kagome how she and Miroku had spent that fateful Thursday evening at Kuro's house. The press now referred to that day as Big Bomb Day.
 
Everybody had finally grown comfortable in Inuyasha's house. Inuyasha had introduced them to the secretary from the intercom that was, despite her voice, very friendly. Kagome didn't see signs of anybody else in the house. This puzzled her but she kept her mouth shut.
 
Kagome nodded. “You sound like you had a good time.” Sango nodded. Suddenly, Kagome remembered something.
 
“Guess what guys? On Big Bomb Day, I met Yasuo!”
 
Sango's jaw dropped. “The Yasuo?” she squealed.
 
Miroku's face hardened. “It looks like I have some competition for your heart. I must eliminate him,” he said in a would-be threatening voice.
 
Sango gave him a playful punch. “Don't be ridiculous,” she said.
 
Miroku grinned, put his arm around her and kissed her cheek. Kagome jumped up. “Inuyasha, can I check my email on your computer?”
 
Inuyasha nodded. “The office is on the second floor, two doors down to the right. I'll probably be up there in a minute,” he said, looking uncomfortable around Miroku and Sango.
 
**********

Kagome had no problem finding the office. She logged on to the Guest settings and signed in to her email account. She had gotten four new messages since the last time she had checked. Smiling, she clicked on Yasuo's name.
 
From: the_yasuo_man@swiftmail.com
To: kagome.higurashi@speedynet.com
Subject: RE: Thursday night…
 
Hey Kagome,
 
Wow. That's all I can say. You snuck into a party to stop a bomb?! I must say Kagome, you continue to surprise me.
 
I can imagine that the press is trying to give you a hard time but I haven't seen any interviews from you on TV. You are a natural at avoiding the media! If you do end up going to the press conference, do you and your friends want to meet me for lunch/dinner afterward? Let me know as soon as possible.
 
Thank you for trusting me with this email address, I promise I won't give it to anyone. Lol…
 
Yasuo
 
Kagome grinned and sent back a quick reply, knowing her friends would definitely want to come.
 
“Hey.”
 
Still typing, Kagome said, “Hey Inuyasha. Yasuo invited all of us to lunch on Saturday, want to go?"
 
“Sure,” Inuyasha said.
 
“Great.” Kagome hit SEND.
 
Kagome stood up and turned around. “We better get back to - ” Kagome stopped. When she had turned around, she had come face-to-face with Inuyasha. They were so close that their bodies were almost touching. Kagome looked directly into his eyes and held her breath.
 
Inuyasha's entire expression was different. His expression was soft and peaceful and his human, violet eyes gazed into her brown ones with tenderness and warmth. He slowly leaned forward and closed the distance between the two of them with a gentle and innocent kiss on her lips.
 
Almost unconsciously, Kagome closed her eyes and leaned into the kiss. All thoughts that this wasn't Inuyasha had flown from her mind. This felt right.
 
It was only when Kagome pulled away that she snapped back to reality. She loved him…but she wasn't supposed to…
 
She looked up into his eyes. “Inuyasha,” she said softly, “I…”
 
A new voice interrupted her. “Inuyasha, get lost. I have work to - Kagome, what are you doing here? ”
 
Kagome turned toward the door and gasped. “You…but…how…I thought…”
 
“I thought you said you two didn't know each other,” Inuyasha snapped at the figure.
 
“I lied,” the man said smoothly.
 
“You knew…and when I asked…you didn't tell me…” Kagome said in a weak voice.
 
The man sighed. “I guess it is time for you and my little brother to know everything,” said Sesshoumaru, settling himself into an armchair. “Have a seat.”