InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forever Yours ❯ Epilogue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Forever Yours
Epilogue
 
I am too.
 
“I'm finished,” Kagome said happily, as she typed her last sentence. She hit SAVE on her computer.
 
“I don't know what is harder to believe; the fact that you kept such a detailed journal or the fact that you used it to write about everything that happened,” Inuyasha said, shaking his head. “There are so many other things we could be doing!”
 
“Aw, come on! My first story won the contest and got published. Besides, I got a letter from the judges requesting a sequel.”
 
“Still…”
 
It was almost the end of summer. Two months had passed since Inuyasha, Kagome, Sango and Miroko had re-met each other and defeated Kuro.
 
When Kagome and her friends had spoken at the press conference, Kuro was still being tried for his crimes, so the reporters couldn't ask about him. Kazuo Ito fought tooth and nail to keep his son from getting four life sentences in prison but in the end, it didn't matter. Even the best lawyers can't save every client. Kuro was found guilty.
 
After that, the media details got fuzzy but somehow, two weeks ago, it was revealed that Kuro was being sent away to an asylum for help. Inuyasha was extremely annoyed when he heard the news, but Kagome couldn't help but feel that it was the right thing to do.
 
Inuyasha was flipping through her old, unedited story (meaning that she didn't change her name in it).
 
“Want to go and see Koga, Ayame and Akio today? We haven't seen them in a month.” Inuyasha said, turning a page.
 
“Didn't they move back to the mountains?” Kagome asked.
 
“Keh, that's not far. It's only five or ten miles.”
 
“Of course, silly me. Ten miles is your average hike,” she said sarcastically.
 
Inuyasha smirked. “It's no problem for me.”
 
Despite his early birth, Akio had grown a lot and he was now the size of an average youkai pup (according to Koga). He was healthy and he absolutely adored Inuyasha (and he showed it by tugging on his hair as hard as he could). Inuyasha pretended that “the brat” annoyed him to death, but Kagome knew that he cared about Akio almost as much as his parents did.
 
“Okay, we'll leave in about fifteen minutes,” Kagome said. “But we have to get back by tomorrow; Akemi and Yasuo invited us and Miroku and Sango to that party, remember?”
 
“Not another party,” Inuyasha groaned.
 
Since they had met two months ago, Kagome, Miroku, Inuyasha and Sango had spent a fair amount of time with Yasuo and Akemi. However, it was nowhere near the amount of time that the singers were spending in each other's company. They had done a few duets together and the media was already calling them a couple. Kagome knew that it was only a matter of time before that became reality.
 
“It'll be fun!” Kagome said cheerfully. “There will be food, dancing and best of all, no Kuro to worry about!”
 
“Guess you're right,” Inuyasha said, turning his attention back to the book.
 
Kagome turned back to her computer and started running spell check. For a few minutes, all was quiet.
 
“Now here's something I wasn't around for,” Inuyasha suddenly said, sounding interested.
 
“What are you reading?” Kagome demanded, turning around and blushing hotly. It was probably something about her feelings for him.
 
“Oh nothing,” he said smirking. “I'm just reading the part when Akago tried to possess you but he couldn't because you yelled out that you loved me,” he said teasing her.
 
Kagome's blush deepened. “You came through the door a second later. It's a good thing you didn't hear! I would have never been able to face you again!”
 
“But that's not the first time you said it,” he teased, loving her blush. “I faintly remember Kaguya's castle-”
 
“Shut up or I'm going to send you through the floor, onto Mama's kitchen table,” she said, eyeing his rosary.
 
Kagome hit the PRINT button and watched her newest sheets come through the printer. She skimmed them quickly.
 
“If I'm going to make a sequel, I'll have to do a lot of editing. Some of this information shows things that the public should never see. I'll have to change the bomb situation, your name, Miroku's name-”
 
“Can't it wait?” Inuyasha complained.
 
“-Maybe I'll change the ending. I can make one of us make a wish-”
 
“Keh, we don't need a stupid wish,” Inuyasha said, crossing his arms. “I'm happy, you're happy, we're all happy. We don't need a cursed pink marble to mess everything up.”
 
Kagome nodded, touching the orb around her neck. “Yeah, you're right. I just worry that we might get attacked for it. Based on what Sesshoumaru said, there are a lot of concealed youkai in Tokyo.”
 
“No youkai is stupid enough to come after it. Besides, we have the rest of our lives to make a wish,” Inuyasha said.
 
Kagome saw an opportunity to get back at Inuyasha for teasing her earlier.
 
“The rest of our lives,” Kagome repeated with a smirk. “That sounded oddly like a proposal Inuyasha.”
 
Inuyasha smirked right back. “Not quite yet, Kagome.” Kagome's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. Inuyasha grinned at her expression. “Nah, I'll give you a better proposal than that. But we'll finish school first, hm?”
 
Kagome didn't know if she should strangle him or kiss him to death. “You - you -!”
 
Inuyasha laughed. “I win!”
 
Kagome pouted, then grinned. “Or I can win with one little word.”
 
“Kagome…” Inuyasha visibly cringed. He shut his eyes and prepared to get up close and personal with her bedroom floor.
 
Kagome smiled and walked over to him. She closed her eyes, put her hands on his shoulders and placed a long, lingering kiss on his lips. She opened her eyes to see Inuyasha looking at her hazily.
 
She laughed. “Let's call it a tie.” She tugged on his hand. “Come on! Help me pack some things! You don't want to go to the feudal era without Ramen do you?”
 
That seemed to snap him out of his daze. His eyes lit up and he rushed out of the room.
 
Kagome laughed again. She opened a drawer in her dresser and started to gather first-aid supplies. As she closed the drawer, her old story caught her eye. She shifted her gaze to the new story next to it and smiled, feeling completely content.
 
Kichi got her happy ending after all.
 
THE END
 
**********
 
A/N: Wow…it's really the end. After more than seven months…the story has ended. I'm getting a little teary eyed! My baby has finally grown up! But guess what? I have a NEW baby! Lol. It is an Inuyasha AU and it is called The Soul Within. The first chapter is already posted.
 
Please Review! After this I will never ask any of you to review this story again! Lol.
 
Gosh…I could thank you all but words on a screen would not express how much I love each and every one of you. Especially my reviewers! May you all live long and happy lives!
 
I want to thank two very special people who helped me to ensure the story would eventually be finished:
 
Cherry312: Girl, you rock! Do you remember over the summer when I was writing my chapter/plot outline and I had major writers block? And then you gave me the awesome idea of making them go and fight back in time? I don't know if you remember, but thank you! If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have known what to write and the story never would have finished! Thank you and I'll see you around!
 
Angel_of_Elements: You have been with me since the beginning of this story, supporting me, encouraging me and just being a great big help. I knew that I could always count on you to tell me what you thought of the story, both the good stuff and the things that needed improvement. I am so glad to have a reader and friend like you. Thank you! Talk to you soon!