InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fractured ❯ Chapter 6

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

They were at the bottom of an enclosed space. The Earth was cool beneath his bare feet, as he landed lightly. He turned to look at his companion, who had her back turned to him She was adjusting the large yellow bag. Rolling his eyes he took the strap and slid it off of her.

“Can I carry it now?” He asked, slightly annoyed.

“I can manage for a while.” The woman protested. “Its not fair that you carry it all the time.”

“Feh. And here I thought you had some sense in that head of yours.” He said. “You get weighed down by all that crap you stuff in there. It slows you down and makes your body tired. This-“ He held the backpack up with his pink finger to demonstrate his point. “This- is nothing for me.”

She shook her head while she shrugged her shoulders. “Alright, you win. You can do the heavy work.”

“Feh.” He grunted, secretly pleased. It was his job to make things as easy for her as he could.

He looked up, taking note of his surroundings before he would leap up,

That's when he felt it; a pair of soft, small arms wrap around his middle.

“K-“

“Do we have to go yet?” She said from behind him.

“What do you mean?” He asked, knitting his brows together.

“I- I just want another minute with you… alone…. Before we see the others.”

He could practically feel her blush. He cracked a sly smile.

Inuyasha turned to embrace her, hugging her tightly against his chest.

He knew how she felt. The moment they saw their group, that damn fox would be all over her, she would have to spend time with the slayer and laugh at the monks jokes.

In short, her attention would have to be divided. And he hated it.

Leaning down, he hungrily claimed her lips, their tongues fighting for dominance. Thinking back on how shy they had been about kissing before- well, it was laughable now.

He breathed in the sweet smell of her scent. Wild flowers… laced with desire…

For him.

She wanted him.

“Is-is there anyone around?” She asked.

Inuyasha turned his ears to get a better sense of the surrounding areas.

“No.” He answered shaking his head.

She bit her lip a moment before she responded.

“Then let be quick.” She said.

“Here?” He asked, his eyes wide.

“Why not? If theres no one around…”

This woman. She was too damn much.

He gave her a crooked smile as he leaned in.

“Who knew you were so lewd?” He could hear her breath catch in her throat. “All those years you yelled at me, accused me of peeking… when really you were the biggest pervert all along.” He moved down to nip at her neck. He was running his hands down her sides, making a slow descent to her skirt..

She covered her face as she turned her head, trying to cover her embarrassment.

“W-Well its your fault.”

“Mine?” He echoed, hooking his thumbs into the band of her panties. “How?” He asked as he pulled the lacy material down.

“You- you make it feel so good.” He could see the blush covering her creamy white skin, her confession awakening something primal in him.

“Damn right.” He replied as he freed himself from his pants. “Only me. You're mine.” He growled, lifting her up. She wrapped her legs around him as he pushed her back against the wall.

Inuyasha woke up with a start.

Damn it.

Damn it, damn it, damn it!

He had been having dreams like this all fucking week.

Of that strange woman, pressing her body against his, wanting him… of him, taking her in ways he hadn't even known of.

Each time adamantly claiming she belonged to him.

Sometimes he woke up a soiled mess, and others like today, he awoke so fucking hard it was painful.

He tried to focus on what he could remember- the details of his companion. But things that seemed so clear to him in a dream became hazed and fuzzy when he woke.

What he knew so far was that she was young, nearing her twenties. She had thick, black hair that had a bit of a wave. She wanted to be near him, and fuck, he wanted her close. She had a soothing prescence. She wore skirts so short it made him blush.

And her eyes- her blue, stormy eyes.

He looked over at Kikyo, who was sitting at the base of the tree below him.

Guilt gnawed at him, making him feel nauseous.

He wasn't sure what happened between them. He wasn't sure where they stood, or what caused her death or rebirth. He wasn't sure about anything when it came to Kikyo.

His demon on the other hand had its mind made up.

It told him she was a threat, she was dead.

But most unsettlingly, it screamed at him that she hurt his mate.

Nothing made sense.

How could he- Inuyasha- have a mate?

And… how could it be anyone but Kikyo?

He had betrayed her, the only woman that had given him a kind word. Kikyo was lonely before, but now she had no one.

He was all she had in the world….

How could he hurt this woman?

Every second of every day, his demon cried at the loss of its mate. It demanded he find her, protect her… take her.

Well, he wasn't controlled by his damn demon.

If whatever happened in the past was a result of his demon- well that was too fucking bad. He wasn't a slave to his instincts. And when he and Kikyo completed the jewel- that side of him would be gone forever anyway.

Taking a breath to calm himself, he leapt down to the miko.

“Is everything alright, Inuyasha?” She asked. There was no alarm in her voice. She constantly was aware of her hanyou companion.

“Ye-yeah. Everything is fine.”

“Oh? That is good then.” She commented, waiting for his next move.

He moved beside her and sat down, stuffing his hands into his large sleeves.

Kikyo looked at him for a moment, as if trying to guess his motives. However she shrugged it off, and turned her attention back to restringing her bow.

“It has been a while since we sat like this.” She said.

“H-has it?”

“Indeed.” She answered.

“I-“ He tried to think of what to say next, but the scent of her was overwhelming. Death. Decay. Grave soil. It made him dizzy. He struggled to remember what she had smelled like before.

“I'm sorry if I have been sort of distant…. Since- since the blast-“ He took a breath before he finished. “Im just trying to make sense of things.”

This caught her attention. The miko dropped her bow and turned to face him.

“What do you mean? Have you remembered something?” She asked quickly. She calmed her self down before she continued. “What is it you are trying to make sense of? Perhaps I could help.”

It hurt Inuyasha to see her so worried. She was obviously in pain from his betrayal, worried that if he remembered… that maybe he would choose her.

Our mate. His demon reminded him.

Fuck that.

Fuck her… who ever she was.

The woman he loved was in pain… hurting because of him.

He didn't know who this woman was, with the stormy eyes or the sweet scent, or her large sexual appetite…. But what he did know was this- she was no Kikyo.

Yet even as he said these things, a part of him couldn't help but wonder- was she hurting too?

~.~

“You really are quite good at fishing, my friend.” Miroku commented, as he watched Kyou pick up the net with an abundance of fish.

“Hes alright at it.” Shippo said, crossing his small arms over his chest.

“I learned it from my father. We come from a fishing village.” He answered. “But thank you. However good I am at catching fish, Im afraid I make a poor cook.”

“I can take care of that.” Kagome offered, eyeing the catch happily.

“It has truly been such a journey for you Kagome. Who would have thought when we first met that you would volunteer to cook the fish?” Mirkou said with a laugh.

“Kagome has come a long way!” Sango chimed in with a good natured smile.

Looking down at the fresh fish in her hands, she laughed herself.

“I suppose you're right.” She smiled up at her friends.

“What sort of village do you come from, Kagome?” Kyou asked. To not know how to cook must have meant she was quite wealthy. “Perhaps I have heard of it?”

“O-oh… Its far away.” She said quickly.

“Kagome is special. Shes not from here.” Shippo said.

“Not from here?” He asked

“Shes from the-“

Sango quickly clamped her hands over Shippos mouth.

Kyou looked at the group once more. Were they bandits? Thieves?

“A-are you wanted?” He hesitated before asking.

“Wanted? No!” She said quickly. “Its fine guys, Ill tell him. Its better than him thinking were dangerous.” She gave a small laugh. “Im from the future.” She said simply.

Kyou narrowed his eyes.

She was insane.

“The future?”

“Its true!” Shippo jumped up to say. “Kagome travels through a well to go to her home 500 years in the future!”

Kyou looked to Miroku for some kind of hint. He was a man of the Gods, he would be honest.

“Its true, however unbelievable it is, my friend.”

Insane. They were all insane!

“You must think were crazy.” Sango said, reading his face.

“Stick with us long enough and youll see for yourself.” Miroku said with a smile.

“Hes not sticking with us! Just long enough for us to kill the demon!” Shippo yelled.

“Y-you're all insane…” Kyou murmured.

“Were not! Were telling the truth!” Shippo squealed.

“We are not far from the well. Should we-“

“Don't worry guys. Like Shippo said, its not like Kyou wants to stay with us forever. He is leaving as soon as we get the shard.” She turned to look at him. “Until then, youll have to put up with us lunatics.” Her voice dropped, making it firm and angry.

“K-Kag-“ Kyou called after her as she walked away.

“You really are an idiot.” Shippo said as he grabbed a fish.

~.~