InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fractured ❯ Chapter 7

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

He climbed through her window, only to find that the dark room was empty; he could see the light from under the bathroom door, as he crouched down and waited, as patiently as he could, for her to emerge. He assumed that he had the element of surprise on his side; he was wrong.

He practically salivated at the sight of her perky breasts in her tank top, her creamy legs in her underwear. Her hair was tied in a messy bun, stray hairs framing her face. She looked stunning.

Especially since he hadn't had this view of her in so long.

“Inuyasha!” She called out, trying to steady her breathing. “What are you doing here?”

“What do you think?” He answered as best he could.

“I told you I would be back by tomorrow morning.” She answered, still standing in the doorway. “I've only been gone a day and a half.”

He took a deep breath, the scent of her overwhelming.

“You think that's why Im here?” He seethed out, finally taking a stand. “It's been over a month and a half since you wanted a break.”

He could see her blue eyes grow wide at his admission. She bit her lip as she nodded.

“And?”

“And?” He stalked towards her. “And what? Are you really fucking content to be like this?!”

He could hear her swallow, could see the tremble before she finally spoke.

“Why cant you see that this is your out!” She blurted.

“My out?” He echoed in disbelief.

The woman brought her hands to her head, rubbing her temples for relief.

“This is your chance to break it off Inuyasha. I know you don't want to hurt me, so Im doing it for you.”

“For me? FOR ME?!” He seethed. “How the fuck does that make any sense woman!” He bared his teeth as he spoke, his fists clenched by his side.

“I don't want you with me out of obligation Inuyasha. Just because we had sex doesn't mean-“

“Doesn't mean what?” He finished for her, his voice low, dangerous.

“Doesn't mean you're stuck with me. You don't owe me. Its different in my time.” She offered, turning her head.

“So youre saying it was meaningless?”

“I didn't say that!” She hissed, snapping her attention back to him. “What Im saying is- ugh.” She took a deep breath, to calm herself. When she spoke again, her voice was steady, and her words precise. “I know you are struggling Inuyasha. I know that you have guilt about being with me… because you have lingering feelings for Kikyo. And… and it hurts!” She finally cried out. “It hurts that you run off to her, no matter what- no matter what we are doing. The last time- the last time we were!” She bit her lip as she struggled to finish her sentence. He knew all too well what she was referring too.

He was twitching as she gave her confession, his claws digging into the palms of his hands.

“This is your out.” She said finally, her voice firm and resolute.

She had never shown him fear, not really. But when his amber eyes finally met hers, for a moment her heart skipped a beat.

He looked at her as if he was ready to devour her whole.

He pushed against her, caging her between his body and the wall.

“Inu-“

“An out? You think theres a fucking out?” He panted. “There is no fucking out. From the moment you pulled that damn arrow from my chest, there was no turning back!”

He could feel the heat of her body, the resistance she gave trying to push him away.

“You've kept me away for a month- for this? Because of Kikyo?” He leaned down to nip at her neck. “What I feel for her is completely different for what I feel for you.”

“B-But-“

He took her chin in his clawed hand, forcing her to look him in the eyes.

“I want to be with you. I need to be with you. Do you have any fucking idea how hard its been without you?”

She shook her head, holding back her tears.

“Its not like I haven't been with you-“

“You been as distant from me as if you were on the other side of the damn well. Do you know what its like to watch you, and not be able to touch you?” He emphasized his point by running a hand down her side. “To be next to you, and not be able to embrace you, just because I fucking want to? To talk to without feeling like Im going to explode?” He voice was becoming gradually angry. Inuyasha took a breath before he continued. “I- I cant-… I know its selfish… that Im a fucking bastard and I have more crap to deal with than you deserve but.. please…

…please don't leave me!” He grabbed her, pulling her into his chest.

He sounded broken and raw. More open than he had ever been with another being in his life.

He felt her small hands run up his back, stroking him in a soothing motion.

“I- I wont go anywhere, Inuyasha.”

“Promise me.” He growled.

In that moment, he could see her eyes. Stormy blue. Honest. And on the brink of tears, as if she knew she was agreeing to an unfair bargain.

“I promise.”

Inuyasha shook his head, trying to chase away the memory.

He was bent down in a field, trying to catch a scent of a demon- a crow from the scent of it- when the memory hit.

It was those damn wild flowers. They reminded him of her. He couldn't remember what Kikyo smelled like before she reeked of grave yard soil if his life depended on it, but he could distinctly remember she smelled like wild flowers.

He was surrounded by them, by their fragrance. Just like he had been then, in her bizarre room.

Inuyasha blushed as he recalled his actions, the state of her dress.

Were these really things that happened? Was he really so bold?!

He didn't want her to go. He could remember the feelings of insanity from that time. He could remember watching over her sleeping figure from high in his tree, her body tossing and turning, and he, aware of every movement.

He could remember the difference. He could remember the overwhelming feelings he had towards her… and how it did not compare to Kikyo.

He looked towards the miko, her black hair blowing in the breeze.

She was beautiful, serene.

And she wasn't her.

Not even close.

“Do you know the direction yet, Inuyasha?” Her cold voice asked.

Suddenly he wondered what had killed her, really.

H-had she killed the woman from his visions?

Taken her life because he had-

Inuyasha shook his head. The Kikyo he knew would never do such a thing.

But was she really the same woman from the docks? Despite her absence of flesh and bones, she was alive- living and breathing.

“J-just a second.” He said as he bent down again.

It was then that he caught it.

The scent of the crow demons.

His eyes widened.

That wasn't all.

Her scent.

~.~

“Kagome, will you listen to me?” Kyou asked once more.

“I already told you its fine.” She said, trying to end the conversation.

“Listen, its not like I enjoy groveling, so would you just give, just a little, and hear me out?” He complained.

Kagome turned to look at him.

“Youre really something. One minute youre hot and the next youre cold!”

“What?” He asked, furrowing his brow.

“What I mean is-“ She said before taking a breath, “that one second your as nice as can be, and the next you're a total jerk! Whats your problem? Pick a personality and stick with it so the rest of us can keep up!”

“Well what about you? Its not like you're a ray of sunshine to travel with!” He said, inwardly laughing when her jaw dropped.

“What do you mean! Ive been on the road for years and-“

“youre strange! You and youre group and strange!”

“Take that back.” She seethed, her voice dangerous.

“I wont! You have strange remedies, you dress like a female demon in heat, and your temper is more unladylike than any woman ive come across!”

Kagome had to restrain herself. She was somewhere on the verge of tears and slapping Kyou!

“Well, me and my `strange' friends saved your village. Me and my `strange' remedies healed your family, your friends. Its me and my `strange' friends who are taking you to avenge your village!”

“And Im thankful!” Kyou yelled. “That's what Im trying to say! You might be different- and do things that im not used to but im damn grateful that I met you!”

“You- ..what?” Kagome let out a deep breath.

“Im sorry I snapped. I come from a small fishing village. I haven't traveled much in my life. Everything has been a shock. So… so for all I know you could be insane.. or you could be from the future. Either way you are helping me, and im thankful.”

“Im not crazy.” Kagome said, looking him up and down. “My friends are fine too.” She sighed before she continued. “But I cant say I blame you. If it didn't happen to me, I wouldn't believe the story either.”

“we should probably get back to the others.”

“Yeah, youre right.” Kagome smiled. “Lets save our fighting for-“

“Is everything okay Kagome?”

“I sense the shard!”

“Wha-“

“LOOKOUT!” She shouted, as she pushed him out of the way.

Kyou looked up in wonder, as a bright pink light engulfed the area, the woman he had been talking to standing strong, releasing arrow after arrow from her bow.

Kyou was a strong man.

He had defended his village. He could haul in more fish than any of his companions. He could split and stack fire wood from sunrise until sunset.

But in that moment, he felt like a helpless boy, being defended by the magnificent woman in front of him.

The crow let out a screech as it fell, hitting the ground with a loud thud.

He looked at disbelief at Kagome, who was panting, as she wiped sweat from her forehead.

She walked over to the demon, bent down and reached into its flesh, retrieving a black jewel. The woman cupped it in both of her hands as she closed her eyes, trying to catch her breath.

When she removed her top hand, the shard was pink; pure. She placed it in the vial with the others.

“K-Kago-“

Whatever thought Kyou had was cut short.

There was a furious dog demon charging towards him, with blood red eyes and claws ready to rip him in two.