InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fragment of Life II ❯ Plague ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here is the actual chapter one of Fragment of Life II. Sorry for not updating this sooner, I’ve just ran out of ideas on finding a proper beginning to this fanfic. Sorry if this is a little choppy, I’ve been trying to flesh this out as much as I could and I think I found what I wanted.

Well, here is chapter one of Fragment of Life II. Enjoy!

Japanese Dictionary

Sempai- A endearment term.

Ai shiteru – I love you

Youkai- demon

Raijuu- Thunder

Fragment of Life II

Chapter 1: Plague

She held the shards in her hand, the two fragments were glowing; radiating with warmth. The red head looked at the shards, a small gleam of sadness in her eyes for the one she’s lost. His memory still lives in her heart, that face that she just couldn’t forget. Those blood red eyes, the slightly tanned complexion, that long silken, raven black braid that hung like a long rope about him.

The youkai that captured her heart.

The angelic thunder youkai.

Hiten.

She looked up at the cold desolate sky as a sharp wind blew past, disheveling the red silken hair which hung around her face. The lonely maiden took a hand and gently moved the stay hairs from her face.

The many months that she’d been apart from him, Akina had lived in loneliness and despair.

Through the many years of existence, the lack of any kind of contact or love made her grow a bit colder. She could not return to the village, they would not accept a killer of any kind. Since she decided to take the side of the malicious Raijuu Brothers, she knew she could never return.

Taking their side was like killing them.

Akina walked across the barren lands, the winds blowing a bit stronger then before. There were no trees around to block it, so the red haired woman had to hold on to everything she could to keep from getting blown away.

‘The winds seem so cold now.’

The red haired woman stood there for a while, letting the wind dishevel her hair and clothing, and feeling a lonely tear trail down her cheek and blow away in the wind, only to disappear across the barren wasteland.

‘Everything seems so cold now…without you.’

Akina glanced up at the sky once again, and then her gaze traveled to the ground.

“You always told me, that you’d see me in hell…and I can’t wait to join you.” The red head smiled to herself.

“But not now.” She replied further, not talking to anyone really. Only the hollow sounding wind could hear her. “I have to keep on living, for you. I’m going to go to Kago