InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fragment of Life II ❯ Of Memorie's Past ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here is the first chapter of Fragment of Life II.  This is the sequel to Raiden no Ai, so incase your wondering, some things might not make any sense, and if you read Raiden no Ai and haven’t finished it, you need to.

Anyway, this is my newest fanfic.  I haven’t started a fanfic in forever, so this was a big improvement on my part.  I hope that you’ll enjoy this fanfic and all it bring.

Here is chapter 1 of Fragment of Life II.  I hope that you’ll enjoy it as much as you did Raiden no Ai, and I also hope that it’s as popular as Raiden no Ai.

The Prologue is in Akina’s P.O.V.  but it will change out of that P.O.V when it gets into the first chapter of the story.

>>>>>>>>>>>

Fra gment of Life II

Prologue:  Of Memories’ Past

>>>>>>>>>>>

It 217;s been many months since I’ve seen your face, but I still remember it well.  The day you came into my life, I thought that you might end mine, but then something out of the blue happened to change both of our lives.  Darkness consumes everything, even human and youkai life alike, but there are many ways that can be dealt with.  So many years I have lived in loneliness, and so many years that I have mourned your death.  I was powerless to do anything but watch as you die…But I’m always like that, aren’t I?

I’m always faced with the fact that I’m imperfect and I’ll never be as strong as you.  Happy endings are just for fairytales, right? 

It was never a fairytale for either of us.  We were just too lonely people, seeking companionship and understanding.  Youkai have always been pegged as vile and brutal creatures that will stop at nothing to destroy anything and everything that get in their path, but people often fail to try and understand them for what they truly are.  Most of them are just like us, well, emotionally wise.

I was once taught to believe in miracles…But how can I believe in miracles now?  The only thing that ever happened that was a miracle was him…But he had been taken away so savagely…Infection and weakness took him away.

I walk to your gravesite, holding two shards of the Shikon no Tama in my hand.  I can still feel your warmth from them, and I keep them with me for your sake.  I’ve been holding on to them for so many months, I think I should finally give them back to Kagome.  I promised her that I would if anything ever happened to Hiten...But wouldn’t it be betraying him to just hand over his jewel shards to his enemy?

Nonetheless, I have no use for them.  I had always thought that his body contained three shards, but perhaps the last shard had been lost somewhere.  I have no use for them…Why would a simple human girl want Shikon Shards?  There’s no power that I could gain from them…There’s no true objective that finding them all would mean to me.

I look up at the dark gray sky.  You always liked those kinds of days, haven’t you?  Your element was lightning, and thunder after all.

Everyone wants to be a hero. You don't realize it- but you do. Whether you think about it or not, the actions and choices you make are never as conceited as you think they are. If you're fated to be screwed over, then- you might as well just let the ending hit you with full force and get it over with.

The problem here was- I don't like those tragic stories. Who the hell in their right mind does? So- I took the role of a hero- I said I'd leave to save the people around me who might get harmed if I screwed up, but I see how well that worked…

Sure, it's stupid of me to try. I knew how my life went and how it was going.  I had to go and get someone else involved.

Now normally, I'd say- the hell with them. It's their own problem if they're stupid enough to help me. I mean- my forehead might as well have "Danger" stamped all over it. So if someone couldn't see that and got hurt because they decided to step in- who was I to worry?

But this time, I did care.

This time- I wanted to be the hero.

But- as I said, everyone wants to be a hero.

It’s truly amazing how much can change between people in so little time. One minute, you’re trying to kill each other, the next you’re sitting down huddle in a blanket together. Sometimes, it’s baffling how things like that can happen.

I know they say people change, but I was beginning to wonder. Is it really that we change or is it just because we begin to see things from their perspective better the more we’re around them? I hadn’t felt like I’d changed much, and Hiten sure as hell hadn’t changed a bit.

We were just as stubborn and irritated with each other as we’d been from the start. So- how did we- end up like this?

If we didn’t change, maybe we just adapted. Molded ourselves to deal with the little quirks of the other person to the point that- next thing you know- we could find ourselves sitting together, remotely peacefully, enjoying something.

But life has a strange way of giving you everything one moment, then throwing you a curve ball the next.

Little did I know, that my life was about to change, and that everything that I have come to believe would be thrown completely out of the window.  Things would change, and I would change.  I would learn that second chances exist.   Though they come in the most odd of forms.  I’d find my self with some pretty strange alliances and friends I’ve never encountered before, and some new enemies as well.  It would be my turn to prove myself and be that hero that everyone wants to be.

Who would have known that it all started with just the two shards that I hold in my hand…

>>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;

Well, that was the prologue of Fragment of Life II.  I know, it doesn’t seem like much, but it will escalade into much more.  For now, it’s just Akina recalling some of the things and catharsis her character went through in Raiden no Ai.  This will NOT be a Mary Sue/Mary Jane.  I don’t write those types of stories, nor will I ever.  I hoped everyone liked it, though it doesn’t seem like much, I think this story will have a PG-13 rating for now, but it probably will be moved up to R before long before too long, but the R rating is just for standard violence.

Anyway, please take the time to R&R!!