InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fragment of Life II ❯ In Hell ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here’s chapter 2 of Fragment of Life II. I’m shocked at the reviews I’m getting yet again. Though I think that Fragment of Life II will be as popular if not more as Raiden no Ai if I keep this up! I’ve gotten 41 reviews just for the prologue, and that makes me happy to see that people are enjoying my writings and they actually give a crap about my things.

Anyway on with chapter 2!

Japanese dictionary

Hanyou-Half demon

Fragment of Life II

Chapter 2: In Hell

“I wonder where she came from.” Miroku asked his companion, Inuyasha.

“I don’t know, but wherever she came from, she certainly has some wind damage.” Sango replied, seeming worried for the young maiden on the ground.

Kaede sat on the floor, making some herbs to help Akina’s wounds heal a little faster.

“She seems to have come from far away, across the barren wastelands.” The old woman remarked.

“She must have traveled a very long way just to get here.” Miroku replied.

“We should let her rest.” The girl beside him remarked.

The two sat there for what seemed like thirty minutes. Everything was silent, except the light flicker of the fire and the crackling of the wood it was charring.

It seemed like after about two hours of sleep, Akina awoke to find herself inside of a small hut, with an old woman, who was wearing an eye patch was looking down upon her.

The red haired maiden gasped as she saw the old woman known simply as Kaede hovering above her.

“Ah, you’re awake, my child.” Kaede replied.

“Who are you?” Akina asked, slowly pushing herself up and adjusting to the lighting in the hut. She slowly rubbed her eyes, trying to adjust to the haze of sleep.

“Where did ye come from, child?” The white haired woman continued.

“From far away, I’ll leave it at that.” Akina replied.

“I don’t expect ye to tell me everything, nor do I expect you to trust me.” She replied. “We found you out by the water’s edge. You were fatigued and ye looked as if you’ve been cryin’ about something.”

“Just…My past…” Akina looked down at the hardwood floor.

Outside she could hear the faint noise of two people arguing; one of the voices was male and the other, female. The female voice had a familiar heir to it, as if she had heard it before.

‘Who are they?’ Akina thought to herself, still adjusting to the haze of sleep. ‘Who is she? And who were those two voices I heard before I passed out? I have a feeling I might just find out.’

“OSWARI!”

The red head flinched at the sharpness of the voice, and felt a tiny tremor at something hitting the ground with tremendous force.

“OUCH! HEY! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?”

“NOT LISTENING TO ME THAT’S WHAT!?!”

‘There sure are some violent people around here.’

Miles away, where the air was thick with miasma, Naraku awaited in his chambers, in his usual position, leaned against the wall in the sitting position, with one knee up and his right arm draped over his knee.

‘Everything has been put into action. I hope this one will not fail me.’ The hanyou said to himself as he stared at the brewing pot in the middle of the room.

It was black, and the resting figure within slowly opened their eyes. All that could be seen were dark colors and the air was thick with a suffocating type of evil essence to it. The figure reached up to feel of their forehead, there were two fragments of the Shikon no Tama were imbedded into it, but they were not glowing with the usual aura that he was used to, but an entirely different aura.

This was a strange and unsettling aura.

It was an evil aura.

He arose from his current position and put a hand to his head in agony. The man felt like he’d been run over with a carriage.

“Ugh…” He made a noise of pain and anxiety.

He arose fully and began to walk over to a nearby mirror.

Slowly and surely with one foot in front of the other, with his hand to his head, the weak figure made his way over to the mirror. He barely had enough strength to walk over there before his legs gave out and his body fell forward. Before he could fall completely to the ground, his hands caught the top of a wooden surface and he fell with such force that his head nearly collided with the hard surface.

He felt his head touch the surface and recoil back up.

The figure brought his hand slowly up to his forehead as he brought his face up to the mirror.

Slowly his features were lit by the dim lighting of the dark colored room. He slowly let his hand travel down his face to slowly reveal his face.

He had bright, blood red eyes and two blackened shards of the Shikon no Tama imbedded into his forehead. The shards were glowing with a dark energy. It made the figure feel power, more so then he did with regular shards imbedded into him. He liked this new found feeling.

A light and familiar smirk tugged at his features.

He looked down at his hands, which were slightly tanned, and he saw a long black strand of silken hair fall into his viewpoint. He moved his hand to rid himself of it. As he brushed it across his forehead, he felt a pain.

“Ah…” He let out something equivalent to a mixture of a gasp and light scream.

He held a hand to his face in agony.

From a distance, he heard something beckoning him.

‘Come to me…”

“Wha- -?!”

‘I said come to me…”

He could feel a pain shoot through his body, causing him to call out in pain.

“What’s happening to me?”

He didn’t want to walk, but something had control over him, forcing him to walk. For the first time in his life, he felt powerless. Did all of this power come at the price of possession?

As he came into the large room, he tried not to bow, but his body was forced to move in that position. Never had he felt such humiliation he would have never bowed like this, to anyone.

‘What’s happening to me? How am I still alive? I thought I…But wait…Is this hell?’

“Now, you belong to me. “ Naraku’s calm and emotionless voice echoed throughout the desolate room.

‘How did I end up here? If this is hell, how am I in bodily form?’

The young man’s flashback of the past seemed to come fourth into his brain for a few brief seconds.

‘I think your much more then just a heartless killer. You have feelings too, you’re just misunderstood. People hardly ever get to see the real Hiten. They only see this youkai who has uncontrollable rage.’

‘Akina.’

‘I’ll wait for you…’

‘Akina, ai shiteru.’

With that final thought, his mind returned into darkness and he heard an ominous deep voice seep into his mind.

“You are my minion now, Hiten. You will do as I say, and your first mission, is to destroy Inuyasha.”

Ok, ok, it wasn’t the suspenseful, everyone knew it was Hiten in that room anyway. Well, chapter 2 is completed, and I’m sure everyone knows who Akina’s with.

Oh, and a note, Hiten is indeed acting strange and has his memories though he has Shikon Fragments that are evil within him. There is a reason for these actions. I cannot give it away because it’s the main spoiler of the story. So, I don’t want any reviews telling me that it’s not right, when I have something planned here.

Anyway, please give me a review; any review is nice, even if it’s just a short review. I love reading them all and I’ll see you next chapter!