InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fragment of Life II ❯ So, We Meet Again ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here I am with chapter 3! I’ve been working on this fanfic for three days straight, so I have plenty of updates to give throughout the week. Things might speed up or slow down, depending on when I get free time to update.

Since I’m out of school, I’m on to a vocational school, studying Graphic Arts, and I’m kind of busy, so, I might now have the available time I have now.

Anyway, here is chapter 3 of Fragment of Life II. Don’t worry about updating, I still will be, just not as often.

Japanese Dictionary

Hakama- The type of gathered pants that Inuyasha wears.

-sama- Meaning someone of high importance.

Fragment of Life II

Chapter 3: So, We Meet Again

Akina sat there, alone with the elder woman standing slightly to the left of her. She looked around at her surroundings. It was a small, cozy little hut. Everything had a different heir to it. Things were peaceful here, despite her grim mood.

The girl wiped her eyes, ridding them of any stray tearstains that might have still lingered from her sadness earlier on.

The fiery haired maiden heard footsteps approaching. There were two figures, a male and female, both had dark hair and one of them was carrying a staff of sorts, they looked like some sort of holy figure; a priest or a monk of some sort.

They both entered the small hut to see Akina looking at them, her head twisted around to meet their line of sight.

“Ah, you’re awake.” Miroku was the first to break the silence.

“Where am I?” Akina asked, her voice seeming fatigued.

“You’re about half a mile downriver from where we found you.” Sango told the fallen maiden.

“Oh…” She looked over towards Kaede, but more along the lines of staring at her feet.

Just at that moment, two figures appeared in the small hut, they were both arguing about something, but none of the words could be made out. There were two of them, a female of moderate height, wearing clothing that seemed so strange for this era. The male, wore a red coat and gathered hakama pants. He had a very familiar pair of dog ears, golden eyes and silver hair.

Akina put a hand up to her mouth and made a small gasp.

It was him.

‘Eh…’

It was Inuyasha.

It was the same Inuyasha that had battled Hiten that fateful day. They day when he was injured, and it was Kagome, the same girl she’d made a promise to. The same girl that was a captive of the thunder brothers while Akina was with them.

Kagome hadn’t recognized Akina.

She looked so different from when they had first met.

“K-Kagome?” The red headed girl replied in a weakened voice.

“Huh?” Kagome looked confused at how this mysterious figure knew her name.

“Kagome, it’s me, Akina.” The red head brought a hand to her chest and gave a small smile.

“Akina?” Kagome ran over and kneeled by the futon’s edge.

“Long time no see, Kagome.” Akina replied.

“So, ye two know each other?” Kaede spoke, straightening her eye patch.

“Yeah.” Kagome replied, smiling at the red headed girl. “Hey Inuyasha, “ She motioned with her head movement to the tall silver haired male, which stood a few feet away. “You remember Inuyasha, don’t you?”

“Hey, she was that girl who was there with Hiten.” Golden eyes narrowed as he recalled that incident in his mind.

HITEN” She shrieked as the sword blade came crashing down. Hiten was caught off guard as he turned to see Akina standing there, the blade missed his head, but got him in the chest. It was a deep wound.

“Akina!” He replied.

“What the hell?” Inuyasha wrinkled his face, he seemed puzzled by the sudden change of events.

The red haired girl ran over to Hiten.

Hiten was so surprised by her appearance that his shock overcame his pain. The Thunder youkai’s once cold eyes shone with something deep, he could feel the red fluid running down his chest, soaking his clothes and weakening him. He looked at both of his hands; his precious Rageki-jin had been broken in half.

“A-Akina, what....are you doing here?” He said, slightly after his eyes closed and he came crashing to the ground.

Akina ran over and caught him before he hit the ground. She held him close, as a mother would her child.

“Hey! What did you do that for?” Inuyasha asked. “I almost had him.”

“Please, Mr. Inuyasha-sama sir. Don’t kill him.” Akina asked on the verge of tears.

“Why not?” The hanyou’s rough voice asked. “He killed Kagome and Shippou.”

“No he didn’t, look.” Akina pointed to the schoolgirl and the kitsune, who got up wearily from the ground. They stood up slowly.

“It’s her…” The silver haired hanyou replied.

“I’ve come back to fulfill my promise.” Akina looked at the ground a bit sadly.

“Who’s Hiten?” Sango asked, putting a finger to her lips in question.

“Hiten was a thunder youkai that we met who had shards of the Shikon no Tama imbedded in his head. He flew by the use of magical fire powered wheels.” Inuyasha informed his two friends.

“Well, where is he?” The monk asked.

At that comment, Akina made a face of sadness at the recollection of both the fight and the memories that were plaguing her mind of him.

The vivid image of the handsome youkai came to her mind. There he was, standing tall and proud, clutching his Ragekijin proudly with his back facing her. Then he turned half way and looked over his shoulder.

‘Akina.’

“Hiten…” Akina could feel her features get hot as she looked at the interesting spot on the floor and clutched the fragments of the jewel tightly, seeking their warmth for comfort.

Her vision began to blur as she felt the hot tears stream down her face. The red head began to sob, the crystal tears began to hit the ground; at first at a slow pace, then picking up speed.

“She’s mourning.” Miroku stated the obvious.

Kagome hugged her friend tightly.

“What happened, Akina?” Kagome asked.

Without saying a word, Akina held out her hand, revealing the two shards of the Shikon no Tama.

“Why’d you bring these back?” Kagome asked.

“She has shards of the Shikon no Tama.” Sango replied.

“They’re Hiten’s…He’s dead.” Akina let out in a whisper-ish voice.

“What? But how?” Kagome asked.

“Keh, good riddance.” Inuyasha mumbled under his breath.

“He died from the infection of the wound on his chest. I-I-I couldn’t heal him completely.” Akina flung herself on Kagome, wrapping her arms around her neck and crying audibly.

Kagome ran her fingers through her hair. “I’m sorry Akina…”

The red headed girl cried into Kagome’s shoulder, her sadness overcoming her once more, not even the powerful warmth of the Shikon no Tama could comfort her now.

Well, I’m done with another chapter. I’ve noticed that I’ve got some reviewers that I didn’t have for Raiden no Ai. To better understand this fanfic you need to read that fic to better understand this one. I ran one page over, by the way. Oh, and I know the flashbacks are redundant, but they are important material in this fanfic. They help link this fic to Raiden no Ai.

Anyway, please take the time out to read and review.

R&R